AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 20 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 35.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 14:41   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Oosugi is actually finding out useful and interesting things here. This is an Oosugi up and Akira down episode. Akira (or whatever we should now call him) is seeming untrustworthy, for all his high virtue. It's not absolutely clear that his hiding things is for the sake of saving the others. Perhaps it's for the sake of making his own plans easier to carry out. And in reality, his own plans may be the higher good.

I don't think he is wantonly endangering people, since he doesn't really grasp how dangerous these enemies are.

Oosugi will probably come through with more good stuff, but it would be a travesty -- or too much like reality -- if he ended up with Saki.

With such an innocent and sympathetic (sort of) character as Pantsu dying, we are ratcheting the intensity up a notch here.

Do we now have more insight into why #9 would have put himself in front of the White House naked and with a gun? Was it to get himself arrested, but with no way of identifying who he is? For his own safety? Not the best method, but is it possible?

@ miroku2192: First broadcast time is Thursday evenings at 12:45 am. That would be 11:45 am Thursday in New York.

hotel cost: I found a site that said that in 2001, the cost per room of a luxury hotel in NYC would be around $350,000. Say it's now $500,000, you could build a hotel with 30 rooms for that $15 million. The hotel doesn't have to occupy all floors of its building; but two floors might seem too few. In any case, inexactness in this regard is not a deal-breaker, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-06-05 at 15:57.
Old 2009-06-05, 19:06   Link #22
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
The hatred for Oosugi is really getting out of hand. I have never seen such hatred toward a character besides MAkoto from school days. The hate comes from the AkiraxSaki shippers as they consider Oosugi an obstacle toward their favorite pairing. It is not enough for them that Oosugi already lost the battle for the girl, but they just want the guy to turn a blind eye and not worry about Saki at all.
im not a akiraxsaki fan. i mean its pretty obvious from the opening prologue what is gonna happen. How did he become my prince etc, etc

i think the show has done a good job at not playing up the romance between the two.

but i still fucking hate oosugi. he is so boring and uninteresting.

even his friends don't care about him.

oosugi to group : all the eden members may not be able to sit in the same room again.

group to oosugi : ...im kinda busy to go after you right now. i mean i can see that you are hurt and upset and could really use a friend but, damn this chair is comfortable.
Old 2009-06-05, 20:40   Link #23
~BC~

Actually, I think you've got it backwards. The 'busy' one in this case was Oosugi (the only one employed at the moment). So it's understandable that they didn't chase after him when he says he has to go to work. Plus I don't think they knew how hurt he was; he seems to think they've known about Akira for awhile.
Old 2009-06-05, 21:14   Link #24
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I don't hate Ohsugi at all. I just do not care for his character, myself. He's the quintessential vanilla leading lady's best friend, and his motivations are really banal in the extreme.

But some do cross the line, sometimes. Specially the shippers.
yeah, his character is not that great but he has a purpose. He is the voice of reason for the Eden group. there had to be a reason for not trusting the guy, and the reason was that he is his rival for Saki's affection. Nothing evil nothing bad, all is fair in love and war. the problem is that he has not done nothing evil or bad besides bringing the truth that Akira has kept hidden to the surface.
Nobody seems to hate Akira for all the things he is hiding and all the lying because he is a nice guy put in a bad situation. Akira indirectly without bad intention destroyed Oosugi's world, and people just wanted Oosugi to smile and give up. He only wanted to know who was the guy he lost to and he found somthing worse. It is not like he tried to beat Akira up or paid someone to do it. Heck, he could have told someof the people in the Eden webside that wanted to know where Akira was so they could kill him but he has not.
Old 2009-06-05, 22:26   Link #25
taco

I don't understand the Ohsugi hate. It's completely legitimate for him to investigate Akira Takizawa's mall after figuring out that he has 5 other names with the possibility of being a terrorist. Not to mention that his best friends are hanging out with this guy. He is trying to be safe which is why he was trying to get in contact with Saki. If you don't like him because he'd do what a normal person would do, then go watch some cheesy Sci Fi show.

This was a pretty good episode. I think it's safe to say that Ohsugi or the Supporter will kill Akira, although I'm not sure. Mononobe could be the supporter, he was right next to Akira when he lost his memories. He may have thought of killing him but presumed it was pointless since he had no memories at all.
Old 2009-06-05, 23:11   Link #26
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Plot hole: Why can the guy use Akira's phone..? I thought they read fingerprints..

edit: nm.. I didn't watch very far lol.
Old 2009-06-05, 23:18   Link #27
feRfe

now which way will micchon turn
Old 2009-06-05, 23:47   Link #28
golthin

doesn't Akira comes as an air head, Pantsu asked him for his email adress and he only wrote his phone number. A cluessless guy like him think he can win the game?
Old 2009-06-06, 00:03   Link #29
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

If I learned one thing from this episode, it's that going outside will kill you.

Quote:
doesn't Akira comes as an air head, Pantsu asked him for his email adress and he only wrote his phone number. A cluessless guy like him think he can win the game?
Does Akira even have an e-mail account?
Old 2009-06-06, 00:08   Link #30
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
If I learned one thing from this episode, it's that going outside will kill you.
XD

Uh, haven't watched subbed yet (still sitting on my comp since about ten minutes ago) but I kinda figure Akira didn't give him his mail account 'cause he didn't know it... he didn't seem to be that great with working the phone in episode 2, and Saki had to help him transfer files and whatnot. He probably forgot/couldn't use his mail account.
Old 2009-06-06, 00:16   Link #31
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Actually, it just occurred to me that a good number of cell phone carriers will let you text somebody by sending an e-mail to a certain address constructed from the phone number... though I'm not sure how well that would work out for the Noblesse phones, since they're probably not on a network where that information is publicly available.
Old 2009-06-06, 00:37   Link #32
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
Does Akira even have an e-mail account?
yes he does, Saki does text him. Most people just send other people their email adress by just tranfering it from phone to phone. It might be that Akira doesn't even know his own email address and couldn't write it.
Old 2009-06-06, 02:01   Link #33
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
yeah, his character is not that great but he has a purpose. He is the voice of reason for the Eden group. there had to be a reason for not trusting the guy, and the reason was that he is his rival for Saki's affection. Nothing evil nothing bad, all is fair in love and war. the problem is that he has not done nothing evil or bad besides bringing the truth that Akira has kept hidden to the surface.
Nobody seems to hate Akira for all the things he is hiding and all the lying because he is a nice guy put in a bad situation. Akira indirectly without bad intention destroyed Oosugi's world, and people just wanted Oosugi to smile and give up. He only wanted to know who was the guy he lost to and he found somthing worse. It is not like he tried to beat Akira up or paid someone to do it. Heck, he could have told someof the people in the Eden webside that wanted to know where Akira was so they could kill him but he has not.
I think you are drawing Oosugi like too much of a prince here. He did not only want to know the truth, he is not the voice of a reason either (unless you count a very strong emotion - jealousy - as a voice of a reason). His drive is not wish to know the truth and not wish to protect others - his drive is his jealousy, trying to take Akira out of the picture. Even if situation were normal (Akira a normal guy etc.) Osugi would still try to mess things up for Akira, because of his jealousy.
Old 2009-06-06, 02:11   Link #34
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
It is not like he tried to beat Akira up or paid someone to do it. Heck, he could have told someof the people in the Eden webside that wanted to know where Akira was so they could kill him but he has not.
You do know you are talking about the guy who has to hide at the sight of Akira and Saki together last episode right? He wouldn't have the guts to do that in the first place.

As much as I hate Ohsugi (I really do), I think he's necessary to the story. I don't want him to be killed off last or in the future episodes. ^^;; The ending of this episode proves that he will stir some interesting things up now that he has found what he believes is evidence about Akira being a criminal. It's just sad that Itazu has to leave us so early and that he can't prove that Akira is actually the opposite of a criminal. Then again, as sad as it is for me to say this, it is crucial that Itazu has to die to keep Akira's past good deed in the dark and move along the story... >__<

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
Old 2009-06-06, 02:34   Link #35
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Actually, I think you've got it backwards. The 'busy' one in this case was Oosugi (the only one employed at the moment). So it's understandable that they didn't chase after him when he says he has to go to work. Plus I don't think they knew how hurt he was; he seems to think they've known about Akira for awhile.
I think it was pretty obvious how upset he was. He talked about them all never being in the same room together. Ever.

Besides that wasn't my point. I said I hate him because he is boring and uninteresting. I have hated him since the first time I saw him in the show.

If they wanted to they could have walked with him to the end of the campus. invited him to get together later on when he was done working. These are the things I would do for my friends. Wouldn't you?

it was pretty pathetic how he was spying on akira and saki. I thought it was a very much a rude thing to do to take someones picture without their permission in Japan. I have only seen this in other animes so I could be mistaken.

And why did Oosugi have them all come down to the multiplex? To show them some graffiti? He has a camera phone. He really had 3 people drive in Tokyo of all places to see that? and how does a message that says ill kill you takizawa make him a criminal? I didn't know that someone hating you made you a criminal. Using different names doesn't make you a criminal either although it does seriously bring into question your character. But he could have used those names to try and save people during the missile attacks.

I thought he was suppose to be at work. How did he end up at the multiplex?

Oosugi is such a baby. "if you guys don't stop hanging out with akira then im not gonna be your friend anymore. Waaah waaah."

alright im done hating.

This was a pretty good episode. Did anyone see what country the preemptive missile strike was targeting? I was really starting to like pantsu's character. It is too bad he had to die. I don't understand why he didn't just plug his phone into the wall. How could running down the street possibly be faster than plugging your phone into the wall? That doesn't make any sense. Plot-hole?

It was curious that #10 said he was trying to prevent people from dying in a missile strike, but he was the one who tried to blow people up. whats that all about?
Old 2009-06-06, 02:49   Link #36
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Then again, as sad as it is for me to say this, it is crucial that Itazu has to die to keep Akira's past good deed in the dark and move along the story... >__<
well, if the data transfer is completed, then the people in the eden site will be able to see the data. what I fear is that number 1 and 10 will see that the data was transfered and this will put more people in Danger. you know, I wouldn't mind if a couple of the Eden Gang get killed and because of Oosugi Jealousy and he distancing himself from the group he survives. It will be so good if Saki finds out that because she brought Akira into the group and he kept his activities a secret two or more of her friends were killed.
Old 2009-06-06, 02:56   Link #37
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Oosugi is an annoying little bastard. A very realistic character (you don't ever see a character like him in fiction) definitely, but an annoying little bastard nevertheless.

I hope someone gets Juiz to run him over.
Old 2009-06-06, 03:03   Link #38
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
It was curious that #10 said he was trying to prevent people from dying in a missile strike, but he was the one who tried to blow people up. whats that all about?
Mistranslation probably. nº1 said nº10 shouldn't be whining about killing one person (Itazu) when he's out to kill a lot of people with the missile attack.
Quote:
I wouldn't mind if a couple of the Eden Gang get killed and because of Oosugi Jealousy and he distancing himself from the group he survives. It will be so good if Saki finds out that because she brought Akira into the group and he kept his activities a secret two or more of her friends were killed.
When Akira saved Japan from Mononobe's evil machinations the first time (Careless Monday), there were 10 missiles. Now there are 60!! With Itazu dead, the only ones who can help Akira to deal with this crisis are the guys form Eden club, so I doubt any of them is going to kick the bucket now.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2009-06-06 at 03:16.
Old 2009-06-06, 03:07   Link #39
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Mistranslation probably. nº1 said nº10 shouldn't be whining about killing one person (Itazu) when he's out to kill a lot of people with the missile attack.
That makes alot more sense.
Old 2009-06-06, 03:08   Link #40
~BC~

@fish eric

Sorry, I wasn't trying to change your opinion on Oosugi. Just explaining why I felt the others didn't pursue him. Given the circumstances of how he found out about Akira it's understandable why he wouldn't want to be in the same room with him. I doubt anyone holds it against him.

And there's never any one way to deal with an upset friend. Sometimes you go after them, other times you just have to let them cool off. It was obvious that Oosugi was done with the conversation. Frankly this entire thing is really for Saki to deal with, IMO.

As for him calling them over to the multiplex it was more of a 'see it with you own eyes' type of thing. Seeing as he was the spurned companion he probably doesn't want them thinking he's fabricating stuff.
Closed Thread