Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-27, 12:41   Link #4641
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Manga Goku in fact inadvertently saved the universes, since the Zenos were about to wipe out 8 of them before he interrupted the conversation.

Toppo is a good guy in both versions, he just has no reason to hate Goku in the manga.
Manga Zeno is creepy too.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 00:03   Link #4642
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Manga Goku in fact inadvertently saved the universes, since the Zenos were about to wipe out 8 of them before he interrupted the conversation.

Toppo is a good guy in both versions, he just has no reason to hate Goku in the manga.
didn't anime Goku do that too? The universe erasure was going to happen in the anime as well before Goku brought up the tournament. I think it was just mentioned more offhand than in the manga. The real difference is that manga Toppo knows that it was going to happen regardless of the tournament early on instead of thinking it was all Goku's fault as in the anime. its easier for the Kais and the GoD to blame someone else instead of admit to their own failures led to their universes being targets for erasure.
Old 2017-10-28, 00:12   Link #4643
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
didn't anime Goku do that too? The universe erasure was going to happen in the anime as well before Goku brought up the tournament. I think it was just mentioned more offhand than in the manga. The real difference is that manga Toppo knows that it was going to happen regardless of the tournament early on instead of thinking it was all Goku's fault as in the anime. its easier for the Kais and the GoD to blame someone else instead of admit to their own failures led to their universes being targets for erasure.
Future Trunk timeline is still exists. Gowasu went to 1000 years future with Zamasu. So yeah if it is not because anime Goku keep reminding Zeno about the ToP , Zeno would have delay or forgot about it eventually.
Old 2017-10-28, 07:50   Link #4644
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
To be fair, Goku looked really dumb in that episode especially when you consider that he said, "I am a villain now? Sounds interesting."
Old 2017-10-28, 11:56   Link #4645
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
What Sixth said. Nothing in the anime indicated the Zenos were planning on erasing the Universes any time soon, quite the contrary.

Thinking about it, the manga showed us they got the idea of erasing the Universes because of the game they were playing together, so even in the manga, Goku is still indirectly at fault for allowing them to meet. If left alone, I don't think Zeno would have gotten that idea into his head.

Unless I'm mistaken, nobody knows 8 Universes are going to be erased in the manga yet. Depending on how the Grand Priest explains what happened, there is still a chance Goku will incur Toppo and the others' wrath for being the one who brought Future Zeno in this timeline.
Old 2017-10-28, 20:57   Link #4646
B214

Well the Great Priest did say before that Zeno felt that there were too many universes and was planning to eventually remove some of them.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 21:49   Link #4647
Hakai

So, seems like Kafla is a potara fusion.

It was really awesome to see the afterimage technique again. Brought back memories of early Dragon Ball when Kid Goku used to screw with his opponents using this technique.

Also Super Saiyan 3 looked pretty damn cool this time, that form is usually hard to look at in DBS because of Toei's awful art/animation.

Last edited by Hakai; 2017-10-28 at 23:01.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 21:51   Link #4648
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

So I guess this could happen potentially.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 22:21   Link #4649
rpgman1

This episode really shows how Goku still enjoys a fight between his race and also trying to sharpen his senses to counter attacks from all angles. That episode preview shows what is essentially a Potara fusion, but how did the Potara earrings appeared in the 1st place?
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 22:22   Link #4650
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Makes sense Vegetto is the only one to beat Jiren.

Since it's 1 minute per episode, all the time needed for SSJ Blue Vegetto to knock out Jiren.

Unless Ultra Instinct SSJB Goku with Kaiokenx20 for 5 seconds can do it.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 22:25   Link #4651
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I still like Gogeta better than Vegetto but that's just me.
Old 2017-10-28, 22:39   Link #4652
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I still like Gogeta better than Vegetto but that's just me.
I can't even tell the difference when it comes down to it. Pretty much feels the same to me, but then again, you hardly see Gogeta(if ever in the main storyline?), so maybe they are vastly different then I remember.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 22:46   Link #4653
grecefar

Well there were a lot of little things I liked in this chapter, like whis saying that martial arts > transformation without knowing to fight, kale awakening the thrill of battle, etc.

so vegito can happend again, looking foward to it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 00:18   Link #4654
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I can't even tell the difference when it comes down to it. Pretty much feels the same to me, but then again, you hardly see Gogeta(if ever in the main storyline?), so maybe they are vastly different then I remember.
Vegetto is stronger, since Potara fusion is stronger than fusion dance. Plus it's also canon.

I doubt a Gogeta fusion would last very long considering how even a better fusion like Vegetto could barely last 5 mins while in SSGSS. SSGSS Gogeta would probably defuse in less than 30 seconds

Fused Caulifla/Kale is probably going to be the strongest being in the tournament, second only to Jiren of course.
Old 2017-10-29, 00:24   Link #4655
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I can already hear Beerus calling foul after seeing those Potara rings.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 00:33   Link #4656
alex_drian

I just realized that Kafla is probably the girl behind Jiren in the Opening, damn, they fooled me again.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 01:12   Link #4657
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I just realized that Kafla is probably the girl behind Jiren in the Opening, damn, they fooled me again.
Well I think every viewer overlooked the OP since many suspected she was part of the Pride Troopers when the OP was 1st introduced. Also they overlooked the Potara earrings she was wearing.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 01:35   Link #4658
Hoodspirit

Great Episode, ranking in number 3 of all of Super. It didn't make it past 100 though because the social interaction was a bit softer this time, but the teaching vibes, we got from episode 100 just faintly, was obvious here.
Goku and Caulifla's adventure in Universe 1 or 12 next please!

As for the pacing, Caulifla has to go at this pacing to be what Goku wants, a disciple who surpasses him. And on a shorter term Goku is the one who needs that fast pacing for Caulifla as well. Compared to their first battle, this episode and the preview for the next one, showed that Goku has gotten way stronger. And he developped very quickly again just in this episode as commented by Whis and the other U7 fighters.

This is the fight that will make him close the gap to Jiren for good. So cheer on Caulifla and Goku to have that awesome final with Jiren! (But not you cabbage, you are allowed to that after you show something that can match your words at least)
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 03:23   Link #4659
Mister Twit

Damn, why would you have an episode preview right before the episode? That kind of took the fun out of it.

All the same a good episode, though. Is this really the first time there's been a straight canon SSJ2 battle? You'd think it would have happened before but iirc Goku died before he could spar with Vegeta or Gohan at SSJ2 level.

People are all mad that Caulifla is learning way faster than Goku ever did, but when I thought about it Goku is kind of an idiot, so maybe he had just been learning way too slowly
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 03:49   Link #4660
Sixth
Hu Tao

This episode just proving that Saiyan are the one that running the show. No other race can ever come close to them when it comes to fighting and entertainment. Saiyan = the master race.

It was great episode to see Gold SSJ in action, especially SSJ2. Now it seems that Goku doesn't went SSJ3 against Jiren is just to save for this moment and I can't fault them. This episode made SSJ3 looks epic.

Sure that this episode may made Goku looks like an idiot for training enemy saiyan to get stronger but I can see the real motive is to push himself to the limit and get stronger. In other word, Goku is now grinding easy experience points by farming 2 saiyans over and over.

The only things that is bothering me is how the hell is Goku going to replenish his stamina by fighting people? Does this means Goku's regen more stamina points per seconds that he was exerting to fight against Kale? (Regen 5000 stamina point per second, spend 500 stamina to troll Kale and so on).

So, it is only 1 minute passed in this episode. This means the characters were instead fighting at light speed or their time concept is extremely different than our.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy