AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 118 Rating
Perfect 10 18 22.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 10.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-31, 01:07   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Claymore Chapter 118

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 118.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:14   Link #2
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Just moving the likely spoiler here from the 117 thread... and editing out the spoiler tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Spoiler (I think) posted by Gene on one of Chinese forums (the first part - the Japanese one is a spoiler I think, the second which I separated with a _____ is her/his comment I think):

雜誌是確認已經提前出了(昨天,30號)....不過這邊還沒看到影子so...

轉個情報
id:ID:qY52TNGs0@2ch

ミトコンは終わったよ
クレイモアはミリアがほんの一瞬だけ覚醒させる妖力解放で戦ってる
既に妖力解放してる状態から限界を越えた更に先まで瞬間的に妖気を上げて幻影を超えるという危 険な技で

好扯……
說米粒一瞬間把妖力解放到覺醒狀態來戰鬥
從已經解放妖力的狀態到比超越界限更進一步的瞬間讓妖氣上升到可以超越幻影的危險的技能

And it looks like she/he already has magazine in her/his hands.

"my comment"
Anyway, it looks like Miria has boosted her phantom significantly with that youki release.There's also something about awakening but I doubt she awakened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain999 View Post
Let me translate that...

Miria releases her yoki instantaneously to over the normal awakening limits in order to unleash a technique that far surpasses the phantom......
Old 2011-08-31, 01:16   Link #3
Gooral
Banned

I'm putting it in spoiler tags just in case and also so that people that would visit this thread would be hit by a huge spoiler (being this post just under the starting one it will be very well visible). I expect that next posts will be without the tags.
Spoiler for 118:
Also it looks like Raki is in this chapter too.
Seriously. This information alone makes this chapter lose 2 points at least by default. And with Raki it's at least 1 point further down. And with Miria's new phantom 1 point down. So I'll give it a six at best.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:19   Link #4
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I'm putting it in spoiler tags just in case and also so that people that would visit this thread would be hit by a huge spoiler (being this post just under the starting one it will be very well visible). I expect that next posts will be without the tags.
Spoiler for 118:
Is this the "bad" spoiler you warned us about on the ch 117 thread?

Spoiler for bad spoiler:
Old 2011-08-31, 01:22   Link #5
Gooral
Banned

You don't find it bad? It's a freaking joke. First Miria, now Raftela... Previously it was ABs who assumed that when someone is lying on the ground and has some blood on him he must be dead... Seriously?
Old 2011-08-31, 01:24   Link #6
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
You don't find it bad? It's a freaking joke. First Miria, now Raftela... Previously it was ABs who assumed that when someone is lying on the ground and has some blood on him he must be dead... Seriously?
See the edit... I posted before I was done by mistake. Meant to hit preview not submit
Old 2011-08-31, 01:25   Link #7
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Well, it isn't too surprising to find out that some warriors managed to survive from fatal wounds when you also have this freaking theory of resurrecting the deads -.-;

Wonder if we can get new chap tonight (I mean today)... maybe I should ask haegar for some coffee
Old 2011-08-31, 01:29   Link #8
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Lol who ever was on dead body disposal duty for the MIB'S needs to be fired! He clearly doesn't know what he's doing.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:31   Link #9
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Well, it isn't too surprising to find out that some warriors managed to survive from fatal wounds when you also have this freaking theory of resurrecting the deads -.-;
That's why it's a joke. MiB know perfectly well that Claymores have amazing regenerative abilities and Raftela was probably a defensive warrior (and even if not it just makes it only slightly less retarded) and yet they didn't even check she was dead and made exact same mistake when Miria was being "killed" and what's more they did this mistake recently. Are you kidding me? That's Naruto/One Piece/Bleach level of writing (i.e. bad).
Old 2011-08-31, 01:31   Link #10
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Lol who ever was on dead body disposal duty for the MIB'S needs to be fired! He clearly doesn't know what he's doing.
...You don't mean you want Miria dead, do you?

@Gooral ROFL you have a point there... I mean yeah, Claymore isn't Shortacon but Shounen (heh those popular manga/anime sure have too much fillers and there childish jokes as hell). I just wish Yagi doesn't spoil the shit up trying to rush the ending of this series. Personally, I think latest chapters where way too fast forwarding as if he wanted to settle too much thing in a single chapter.

EDIT: No spoilers for Devene's group yet?

Last edited by Jean Claymore; 2011-08-31 at 01:42.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:37   Link #11
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
...You don't mean you want Miria dead, do you?
Nah she's good people but if I was that guy that went up to her body to see what was taking so long I would have not been a wuss about it and asked them why her head was still on her neck.
Old 2011-08-31, 02:03   Link #12
Kain999

Well, the second spoiler about Raftela may not be true.

Personally, i like the first spoiler better.
Old 2011-08-31, 02:09   Link #13
konart

Quote:
Spoiler for 118:
Also it looks like Raki is in this chapter too.
Seriously. This information alone makes this chapter lose 2 points at least by default. And with Raki it's at least 1 point further down. And with Miria's new phantom 1 point down. So I'll give it a six at best.
Raki being in this chapter - +1 point for me
Old 2011-08-31, 02:12   Link #14
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Raki being in this chapter - +1 point for me
Raki being a plus... gonna take me a while to get used to this.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's true... now anyways.
Old 2011-08-31, 02:14   Link #15
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

As usual Gooral is being a sour puss, declaring a maximum of 6 for a chapter that isn't even out yet. Just because it features a main character he dislikes and has another (who he also probably doesn't like) using an improved version of an existing technique (guess only Clare is allowed to pull that off).
Old 2011-08-31, 02:18   Link #16
Gooral
Banned

I was one of the few that didn't dislike child (manga) Raki. But when he grew up with all his cheesy lines and stupid behavior, he annoys me. Not to mention he's seriously overpowered. Overall, first 11 volumes of Claymore I would give 10/10, but next 10 -- 7/10 at best. Overall so far Claymore manga is an 8/10 series for me, way below FMA, Hunter x Hunter (but only until chimera ant arc), Desert Punk, Trigun... These are 10/10 series IMO.

@Fenrir
I don't like retarded things and it's enough to spoil a chapter for me. So a 6 max is a good approximation. I haven't voted yet so I might change my mind, although I doubt it. And I don't have a problem with Miria having that technique "just because". I have a problem since she didn't use it earlier. And even if Yagi will try and explain that she was somehow during these years training mentally (which would be ridiculous since I don't see how you can train partially awakening, especially when you need to have your "cloak" on so you can't release youki and can't gradually train it) it would still not explain why she didn't use it when she fought the twins, insta-KO-ed everyone and explain everything to Claymores after the fight while presenting them various proofs (with Rimuto's/Rubel's testimony who would be the only survivors as the main thing).
Old 2011-08-31, 02:22   Link #17
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Out of those 4 series you listed, I'd only consider FMA a 10/10 (though Trigun is close), but different floats for different boats I guess. I (still) consider Claymore superior to the vast majority of Manga out there, though admittedly even I have my frustrations with the story.
Old 2011-08-31, 02:24   Link #18
Ryus
The One Eyed King

... Desert Punk? Trigun? I only saw the animes of both and they aren't what I'd call 10/10... let alone 7/10

FMA is debatable as 10/10 and I haven't read Hunter x Hunter since it has until just a bit ago been on seemingly permanent break.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying post Pieta isn't a 7 or 8 of 10... at least I see the argument for it.
Old 2011-08-31, 02:27   Link #19
Gooral
Banned

Well it's not a place for a discussion like that. Anyway, I've replied to your comment Fenrir in my earlier post which I've edited.
Old 2011-08-31, 02:29   Link #20
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I honestly enjoyed most of post Pieta Claymore, but around the time Miria decided to go solo is when it actually started deteriorating for me. Then again, most Manga that run for any significant length of time start to deteriorate in my experience, I'm just glad Claymore has a planned end, unlike some Manga *cough* (Berserk) *cough* (Ippo).

Anyway, on topic:

Surprised we haven't gotten any "official" spoilers yet considering the date. Usually there is a Chinese scan floating around the net at this time.