AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-25, 11:01   Link #4161
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
too many cooks ruin the broth

if you give Godou too many abilities, you will ruin what is distinct about him

plus, he already has a talking sword

A TALKING SWORD.. if fantasy fiction has taught me anything, that is a the mark of a true protagonist
As long as the sword snarks the hell out of everyone like Derflinger (only character in ZnT that I liked)
Old 2012-09-25, 12:15   Link #4162
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
so in other words his weak as shit and cant win any battle.....
No, it's rather like darkfanta says, he truly needs more abilities to fall back on. Given with what he has, he's a bloody fine fighter. Against low or mid tier gods, godou should be able to win handily. against upper tier gods like athena or lancelot, he'll need more firepower. In my mind, he has already maxed out his abilities in volume 6 against Luo Hao. It's because his original abilities aren't enough that the sword is introduced. However, with the increasingly strong gods showing up and the inevitable return of the last king, his current repertoire isn't enough.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 12:50   Link #4163
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Its more like Godou's opponents are overpowered, notice how they're all high-tier gods(sans perseus and v12/13 villans. Besides, a useless harem in this kind of story is stupid.
We all know that he would be fighting the 'strongest steel ' sooner or later. If he can't even solo Sun Wukong, there's no way he would stand against a professional Campione Killer--who had wiped out campiones around the world in several times over. He needs at least one extra ability, something that's solid--or at the very least remove the restrictions of Verethragna's abilities.His laid back I don't want to get stronger attitude is truly annoying. Being a campione meant it's either you or them. Even if you don't want to fight others, there's bound to be other beings who wanted to mess with you.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 13:03   Link #4164
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

im getting the feeling he will have to lose something precious so he can change his way of thinking =/

or maybe that's what will remove his limits =/
Old 2012-09-25, 15:39   Link #4165
rycN

sup. I've watched the anime. Could sb tell me in which chapter the story goes on, please?
rycN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 15:57   Link #4166
XFire
150% done

Technically the anime ends with vol 5. However, the anime vol 5 and the novel vol 5 are so different you should just read the novel version anyway.

Really, you should read the whole thing, the novel is much better.
Old 2012-09-25, 15:58   Link #4167
Nekoppi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycN View Post
sup. I've watched the anime. Could sb tell me in which chapter the story goes on, please?
Volume 5.

The beginning of Volume 5 will seem familiar to you, but around the time Godou gives Erica his protection, the anime HEAVILY diverges from the Light Novels. However, the Light Novels also contain quite a bit of details that you will miss from just watching the anime.

If you don't mind missing the details, start on Volume 5, Chapter 7
Nekoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 16:15   Link #4168
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycN View Post
Or you could always read the whole thing since the anime differentiates from the novel greatly.
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 18:15   Link #4169
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
so all these gods godou have killed......well beaten and not one authority is gain this author is pissing me off.
Whats gonna happen in the rest of the series? the same thing? someone else doing a killing blow/letting them go/doing a team kill. God this is annoying especially with all the other campiones are killing gods and gaining new ones......i guess thats the curse of a main character.
Where do you think Godou got Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi ebay?
And Godou got something alot better then the typical authorities he got a god's weapon fully intact and with no restrictions that we know of compare that to the authorities people get typicaily, they get either only acouple of powers or it has a bunch of restrictions.

Last edited by GundamFan; 2012-09-25 at 18:49.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 19:58   Link #4170
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Where do you think Godou got Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi ebay?
And Godou got something alot better then the typical authorities he got a god's weapon fully intact and with no restrictions that we know of compare that to the authorities people get typicaily, they get either only acouple of powers or it has a bunch of restrictions.
Yet, even with Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi, it's not strong enough to help him win any fights against a strong opponent on a one to one basis. As for the Persian Warlord, there doesn't seem to be any room for improvement other than the final removal of the restrictions. In other words, it's time to move on to something better.
Old 2012-09-25, 20:22   Link #4171
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It been foreshadowed of two opponents that Godou will fight eventually. Of course the God who appears at the end of the era and Verethragna. Verethragna mentioned to Godou to grow stronger so they can duel again, maybe beating Verethragna twice will remove all the restrictions and allow unlimited free use of all the abilities.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 20:34   Link #4172
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
It been foreshadowed of two opponents that Godou will fight eventually. Of course the God who appears at the end of the era and Verethragna. Verethragna mentioned to Godou to grow stronger so they can duel again, maybe beating Verethragna twice will remove all the restrictions and allow unlimited free use of all the abilities.
I doubt beating Verethragna AGAIN would lift the restrictions. There's a way to do it, but it would cause Godou to have a radical shift in personality--something that probably wouldn't be achieved. I must admit though, he already realized that he's a false pacifist, and at times asks himself whether he should f@ck pacifism and just go all out.
Old 2012-09-25, 20:43   Link #4173
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well in theory, wouldn't beating Verethragna twice would develop his abilities more? Something like boasting the power output or something. Though I still think beating the Warlord twice would do something greatly for Godou.
Old 2012-09-25, 21:58   Link #4174
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Well in theory, wouldn't beating Verethragna twice would develop his abilities more? Something like boasting the power output or something. Though I still think beating the Warlord twice would do something greatly for Godou.
Campiones rarely, if ever, fight the same god twice, so it's not certain what he would get from it. But most likely, the result would be getting something else from Verethragna, some new authority (even if a minor one that Verethragna uses)or simply just nothing. He can't get something more than Verethragna is able to offer. Godou's output is identical to Verethragna's. He is able to draw with Melqart much likely Verethragna was able to. THe only problem with his power is that he cannot use it more than once per day and that there are strict conditions of use.Remove them and he would be on the same level as V-tan.Also, getting the same authority again is just like getting another identical set of weapons--they won't be able to combine. Although, if he beat V-tan twice, he might be able to use each avatar twice instead of once per day.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-25 at 22:14.
Old 2012-09-25, 22:11   Link #4175
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I remember zzhk mentioning Godou's authority is not Steel. I am still wondering what it is, but I am guessing since we are seeing Steel Gods as major antagonists. If Godou gets another authority, most likely Steel or maybe the author will bring a new Attribute.
Old 2012-09-25, 22:21   Link #4176
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
I remember zzhk mentioning Godou's authority is not Steel. I am still wondering what it is, but I am guessing since we are seeing Steel Gods as major antagonists. If Godou gets another authority, most likely Steel or maybe the author will bring a new Attribute.
Now that's just weird. Verethragna is a war god and war is an attribute of steel. What's more, Verethragna's master and close companion was one as well.
Old 2012-09-25, 22:29   Link #4177
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Now that's just weird. Verethragna is a war god and war is an attribute of steel. What's more, Verethragna's master and close companion was one as well.
I thought so as well, but zzhk is usually not wrong when he says stuff like that and also he pretty much translated the whole Novel. We been mentioning how Godou could get stronger, but what about the harem? I think the author is tying Godou to be weak so the harem would have purpose. So wouldn't making the girls stronger implies Godou to get stronger as well? If I remember correctly both Liliana and Erica's Uncles are stronger than their nieces.
Old 2012-09-25, 22:38   Link #4178
zzhk
Summary Machine

Sorry, Volume 5 actually states explicitly that Verethragna is steel.

On the other hand, I suppose Verethragna's attribute of steel is weaker compared to the other gods that have appeared (no damsel in distress, dragon/snake-slaying, rite of water, invincible body of steel, etc).
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:49   Link #4179
Mars Mode

If it doesnt bother you which chapter so I can check it out about V-tan being steel.

And about his restrictions doesnt he just need to make an Avatar to every one of his abilitys to lift his restrictions I think thats one way to do it.

Edit: Found it. It seems thats that. The Autor mentions one God close to V-tan as a Steel and from there it makes the connection

Last edited by Mars Mode; 2012-09-25 at 23:01.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:51   Link #4180
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Yet, even with Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi, it's not strong enough to help him win any fights against a strong opponent on a one to one basis. As for the Persian Warlord, there doesn't seem to be any room for improvement other than the final removal of the restrictions. In other words, it's time to move on to something better.
Well I'm not sure if we have seen all of what Kusanagi no Tsurugi has to offer. Besides that even if they have Godou get new authorities I would bet the status qou would continue the new authories would either have extreme restrictions or be render ineffective either by sealing of power or nature of Godou's authority just like how serpents are weak against steel.
We might as well accept that Godou's going to be an under dog who needs a little help from his harem pretty much through the entire series.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem