AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-21, 04:38   Link #1
Zexas

Freedom Wars (Panopticon)

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Freedom Wars is a brand new game which aims to offer a new gaming experience in the popular multiplayer action genre by taking advantage of the PS Vita's unique functions. The player is a criminal in a post-apocalyptic near future, sentenced to a million years of hard labor, fighting for his freedom. By completing missions where you rescue civilians and allies who have been captured by huge enemies known as Abductors, you can reduce your sentence. The game supports a maximum of 8 players at a time in both co-op and competitive modes, and supports Adhoc and Wi-Fi Online functions so players all over the country can play together. The game will also support the GPS and Near capabilities of the PS Vita to enhance the gameplay experience.

Product Description

The Prison Cities known as Panopticon - Where all living things are sentenced to "a million years of hard labor"

In the near future, the world lies in ruins, and the outside world can no longer support life.
Humanity created cities known as "Panopticon" around the world, and continued to survive.
However, the various cities compete with each other for depleting resources and the research which can sustain life in harsh environments.
To control their own population, each Panopticon imposes penal labor on their people - The crime of living carries a sentence of a million years.
Those living under these conditions are known as "Criminals" and they are forced into aiding the war effort as "Volunteers".
For a chance at freedom, these "Criminals" fight to rescue captureed civilians.

This is a 8 player "Recovery" Multiplayer Action game made possible by the many features of the PS Vita!

Last edited by Zexas; 2013-05-21 at 10:15.
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 04:44   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Freedom wars... Where people fight wars using freedom!

(Disclaimer: I just made that up)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 04:57   Link #3
Sides

Sounds more like people wanting wars because they have the freedom to do so. But who cares we have a lot of silly game titles in the past...
However I like the project title better, since freedom wars reminds me too much to famicom wars, unless it is also a tactical game, in that case everything is forgiven.

Official HP: http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/freedomwars/
Scroll down for in game screens!
I looks, I hope it is a Valkyria Chronicles clone, but too bad that it has been confirmed as a Multiplayer Action games

Last edited by Sides; 2013-05-21 at 05:31.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 10:15   Link #4
Zexas

Quote:
Freedom Wars is a brand new game which aims to offer a new gaming experience in the popular multiplayer action genre by taking advantage of the PS Vita's unique functions. The player is a criminal in a post-apocalyptic near future, sentenced to a million years of hard labor, fighting for his freedom. By completing missions where you rescue civilians and allies who have been captured by huge enemies known as Abductors, you can reduce your sentence. The game supports a maximum of 8 players at a time in both co-op and competitive modes, and supports Adhoc and Wi-Fi Online functions so players all over the country can play together. The game will also support the GPS and Near capabilities of the PS Vita to enhance the gameplay experience.

Product Description

The Prison Cities known as Panopticon - Where all living things are sentenced to "a million years of hard labor"

In the near future, the world lies in ruins, and the outside world can no longer support life.
Humanity created cities known as "Panopticon" around the world, and continued to survive.
However, the various cities compete with each other for depleting resources and the research which can sustain life in harsh environments.
To control their own population, each Panopticon imposes penal labor on their people - The crime of living carries a sentence of a million years.
Those living under these conditions are known as "Criminals" and they are forced into aiding the war effort as "Volunteers".
For a chance at freedom, these "Criminals" fight to rescue captureed civilians.

This is a 8 player "Recovery" Multiplayer Action game made possible by the many features of the PS Vita!
trans from site.
Old 2013-05-21, 11:23   Link #5
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I hate PS Vita, it took a lot of games that could have come out on PS3 instead >.<
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 10:16   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Freedom Wars’ Giant Mechanical Dragons Can Kill Players With One Shot

Lots of gameplay details, including creating your very own android waifu (not exactly) !
Old 2013-07-17, 21:56   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Freedom Wars Will Also Have Male Android Helpers In The Mix

Quote:
In Sony’s upcoming cooperative multiplayer Vita title, Freedom Wars, you’ll be playing as a prisoner with a million year prison sentence, fighting your way to mitigate the years by fighting giant enemies known as Abductors. You’ll also have customizable android allies called “Accessories” to help in the fight. The latest Japanese magazine leaks reveal there will also be male Accessories in the mix.
Old 2013-07-22, 22:22   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Freedom Wars’ Dangerous “Volunteer” Missions Consist Of Three Parts

Quote:
Freedom Wars takes place in a ruined world that can no longer sustain any life outside cities known as Panopticons, where mankind struggle to find a way to keep on living. The official website updates us with what appears to be a piece of propaganda regarding the Panopticons, in addition to a Famitsu update showing new screenshots of a “Volunteer” mission, where your goal is to rescue civilians from giant enemies.
Old 2013-07-23, 00:17   Link #9
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
So you have a world where everyone is a criminal by default, by the mere act of living? I can think of... a certain quartet... who'd have a ball here.

Aside from that, I have to wonder how those in charge manage to make that stick - as opposed to being shown the proverbial airlock (see also: Battle Royale). Further, I'm guessing the authourities don't even keep their word in the case of individuals who come close to working off their complete sentence... perhaps some excuse comes up to keep them benched (something common in Stalin's USSR, IIRC)... or if they do work off their entire sentence... well, feel free to review The Running Man...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 11:44   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Freedom Wars update coming November 21

Quote:
Watch the new video below. The only difference is a small glimpse of gameplay towards the end, around 3:26.
Old 2013-11-20, 10:58   Link #11
Nerroth
NePoi!

According to this info, one of the new characters is voiced by Nakata Jouji (who doesn't need to be introduced to anyone with more than a passing interest in all things Type-Moon), and another by Hara Yumi (the Silver Queen, and her Puchidol counterpart, in the Puch/Im@s franchise, as well as Yumi in Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus).
Old 2013-11-21, 05:07   Link #12
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Gameplay preview. Look fun, while not as polished as God Eater 2. I guess it will take time, but I'm going to buy it anyway.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-12-19, 01:51   Link #13
Nerroth
NePoi!

More info on the game has been posted, in the run-up to the first showing of the game at Jump Festa this weekend.

EDIT:

Last edited by Nerroth; 2013-12-19 at 09:39.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 18:55   Link #14
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Freedom Wars Will Have A Simultaneous Release In Japan And Asia Regions

Quote:
At the Taipei Game Show today, SCE Worldwide Studios producer Junichi Yoshizawa announced that Freedom Wars for the PlayStation Vita will launch in Japan and Asian territories simultaneously sometime in 2014.

Quote:
Not only that, but since Freedom Wars takes place in the not-so-far-flung future of 102013, where nations are replaced by prison cities called Panopticons, at launch players in Asia can also pick to play for their own country in real-life, for the purpose of the online metagame. After the stage presentation, a brief group interview session with Yoshizawa and game designer Toshiyuki Yasui was held for media representatives in attendance.
Old 2014-01-24, 06:41   Link #15
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

>release in Asia & Japan simultaneously
>Chinese, no English

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 15:40   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
>release in Asia & Japan simultaneously
>Chinese, no English

Don't worry, Shu is on the job!

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/378123617201946625
Old 2014-01-24, 20:32   Link #17
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's for OreShika.

I have zero doubts that Freedom Wars will come out in the west/English, but it just feels so lame that they're doing an Asia launch with only Chinese language.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 10:26   Link #18
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
More info on the game [URL="http://gematsu.com/2013/12/prisoners-always-under-close-guard-freedom-wars"]has been posted...

-video redacted-
My wondering about the viability of the backstory aside, the actual boots-on-the-ground mechanics appear sound. I'm seeing influences from the Lost Planet series and Just Cause 2 with the applications of the 'thorn whip', and a touch of Space Gun/Dead Space with the ability to dismember enemies (and their adapting thereto)... and even Bulletstorm (you can use the whip to interact with certain objects). None of these are bad things.

Of course, if you can use the whip to pull yourself onto large enemies (amusingly shown in that video), surely you can make like a certain infamous specter and pull enemies to you for a melee beatdown or a nice helping of 00 buck, no? Also cannot help but wonder if you can truly swing with it (see: the 3D retake of Bionic Commando)...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 15:15   Link #19
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
That's for OreShika.

I have zero doubts that Freedom Wars will come out in the west/English, but it just feels so lame that they're doing an Asia launch with only Chinese language.
They said they will release the game in Chinese only yet they use a localized demo for the Taipei Game Show. Playstation Asia also uploaded the teaser trailer in English a few days ago.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 15:36   Link #20
Jun pls

Found this thread here today and watched the videos and now I'm kinda hyped for this game.
It looks pretty nice and I need more awesome games for my vita .
The game reminds me of God Eater in terms of taking missions and taking out weird creatures.

Did I imagine this or are you able to create the protagonist as well as the android accessory?
(since sometimes the protag looked different)
If that's the case (like in God Eater) I'd be really happy~

Hope it doesn't take forever to come wo europe/na
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
playstation tv, ps vita