AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-12-14, 06:41   Link #41
Yan3242

Quote:
I would prefer to see Yamcha training montage though.
Iam not sure what kind of montage we can see from yamcha though

guy is pure human warrior, standard training like gravity room or time chamber doing stuff like kicking and punching air wont work, even its work its going to take a lot of time to do so.

the only power up "yamcha" can do is from "legal" tool like...
- ultra divine water
- namek power up which he already done
- kaioken, but this one is temporary
- mythic power up, probably the most potent

something like that, the rest is "hax" stuff from the dragon ball itself
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 08:41   Link #42
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post

guy is pure human warrior, standard training like gravity room or time chamber doing stuff like kicking and punching air wont work, even its work its going to take a lot of time to do so.

- ultra divine water

Exactly, human has very limited power their power growth rate are smaller than Namekians or Saiyans. This is the most difficult task to notYamcha to embark, making Yamcha as the strongest is far more dificult than take back Bulma from Vegetta.
As you said power up tool are the only options for Yamcha, Dragon ball probably the most fastest way for him to obtain a great power but considering planetary Dragon ball (Shenron and Porunga) seem has limited capacity to obtain great power equal to super saiyan might impossible unless from Super Dragon ball, however there are others option to render Yamcha body by wish him to Saiyan or Namekian or has quirk power such as immortality or Time stop if possible.
I'd like to note though notYamcha not necessary have to make Yamcha strongest he could turn Yamcha into most useful instead with that knowledge Yamcha is 10 step ahead than anybody in the series. notYamcha could use this advantage to overwrite the history into Yamcha account.
Making Yamcha as the brain in Z-Fighter replace Picollo.
Old 2016-12-14, 08:50   Link #43
Sixth
True Momo v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post

- ultra divine water

Ummmm...Yamcha was just trained off-screen hard enough to tank all those explosions. I would want to see what kind of training he went through just based on that feat. Even Picollo was like wtf?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 09:01   Link #44
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Ummmm...Yamcha was just trained off-screen hard enough to tank all those explosions. I would want to see what kind of training he went through just based on that feat. Even Picollo was like wtf?
Yamcha is human that was his point.
No matter how crazy Yamcha train he still overpowered by many.
As we are aware the power level creep after Frieza saga beyond nonsense, even though Yamcha get power up from Elder guru his power more likely increased to Zarbon or Ginyu level it still far away.
He don't have any power up card like saiyan where their power level could increased 100 fold with transform into super saiyan, the most hardest training result for notYamcha could get in android saga only able to keep him off against Dr Gero and no 20. He still far away against no 16,17 and 18.
Perfect Cell would be the most ridiculous power creep to catch on by simply training and don't ask me about Buu saga notYamcha literally need to train over 1000 year to match Buu
Old 2016-12-14, 09:03   Link #45
Sixth
True Momo v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Yamcha is human that was his point.
No matter how crazy Yamcha train he still overpowered by many.
As we are aware the power level creep after Frieza saga beyond nonsense, even though Yamcha get power up from Elder guru his power more likely increased to Zarbon or Ginyu level it still far away.
He don't have any power up card like saiyan where their power level could increased 100 fold with transform into super saiyan, the most hardest training result for notYamcha could get in android saga only able to keep him off against Dr Gero and no 20. He still far away against no 16,17 and 18.
Perfect Cell would be the most ridiculous power creep to catch on by simply training and don't ask me about Buu saga notYamcha literally need to train over 1000 year to match Buu
Yamcha will activate the legendary super earthling, or cyborg transplantation.

Remember that Arale can fight SSB.

The earth itself has sufficient technology to rival gods.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 11:50   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that I've read the chapter, I really liked it. NotYamcha almost made a huge mistake right from the start. Retiring from fighting would have meant Krillin would have been the one to die against the Saibaimen (remember Yamcha took his place because he had a bad feeling, it's pretty much the only fight in the series Yamcha can't sit out), and we all know how important Krillin's involvement was in beating Vegeta.

I hope our hero isn't too attached to Bulma either. If she stays with Yamcha and never gets with Vegeta, then no Trunks, and therefore no medecine from the future to save Goku's life. If he doesn't care about Goku's life (but what kind of Dragon Ball fan wouldn't?), I guess he could track down and kill Gero before he even build the androids and starts the Cell project, but that would leave everybody super underpowered to fight Boo. Not to mention Vegeta could turn against them without having Goku as a goal anymore nor Bulma and Trunks' positive influence on him.

Quote:
He just went to Namek ahead of time to have his potential unlocked. Krillin jumped to around 10000 units IIRC, Yamcha should be around that. More than enough to take care of the Saibaimen and even Nappa.

I have no idea how he could influence the Frieza saga though. Maybe gravity training with Goku and asking him to teach him Kaoiken? That could at least enable him to take care of the Ginyu squad. I'm assuming he's already given Goku's ship to Dr. Brief and Bulma to have the super space ship done ahead of time.
Old 2016-12-14, 11:59   Link #47
GDB

Thinking about it, the only way the story really functions properly is if he accepts he won't be the best.

As long as he kept the flow of events relatively similar to at least have SSJ become a thing, they should be fine. But he absolutely has to ensure SSJ happens on Namek. With that being a thing, you can skip the Androids and Cell (though he'd have had to already destroyed Gero and his lab before the Saiyans even arrive, preferably even before Piccolo Jr happened). You'd have early Android Saga power levels prior to the Buu Saga, but as long as you got the Supreme Kai to give Gohan the Mystic training like he did for Future Trunks, they could beat Dabura and stop Buu from hatching all together.

However, given the kind of story this is, he'll probably have Yamcha get the Mystic training and beat Dabura. It'd be a super ass pull, but these kinds of parody stories usually are. The real difficulty will be Frieza. Only chance he has is to try and do the massive space training that Goku did on the way to Namek and Kaioken x(whatever) sneak attack Frieza while he's in his first form. It'd still be an utter ass pull, but if he can reach Namek Saga Krillin power levels he'd just about reach first form Frieza's power level with a x20 Kaioken. Meaning he'd have to get even stronger, at least as strong as Recoome/Jeice/Burter, before using the Kaioken in order to one-shot Frieza.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 12:09   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Honestly, he should have wished to become a saiyan. That wouldn't have made him immediately stronger, but it would have increased his potential million folds. Then he could have abused zenkai.

The best opportunity for the wish would have been the fight against Taopaipai. Prevent the little kid's dad from getting killed and convince Goku to let you make a wish later. Plenty of time during the DB-DBZ timeskip too, I guess.
Old 2016-12-14, 12:20   Link #49
GDB

Yeah, if we include wishes he could do basically anything in order to BS the plot. That's why I was trying to think of ways it could unfold without involving the dragon.

As far as wish timing goes, there's Mercenary Tao like you said, and then there's like 7-8 years between reviving those killed by Demon King Piccolo and the Saiyans' arrival that he could abuse.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 15:56   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shenron's power has strong limitations so I don't think there's much he could do with it to BS the plot. You can't kill anybody stronger than Kami with it and being immortal is totally useless if you're weak. At least I can't think of another wish that would enable Yamcha to be useful in all sagas.
Old 2016-12-14, 20:27   Link #51
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

He could also ask to let his body be able have a better growth rate like a saiyan which is different to asking to be powerful as X or Y character.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 23:54   Link #52
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!

I consider wish to become saiyan route is very cheap, we have plenty powerhouse characters who are saiyans we need something more fresh......I prefer to see Yamcha become stronger withour borrow any super saiyan crap. I wouldn't mind if Yamcha become Android like his DBM version.
Mystic Yamcha would be plausible though i wonder if that will grant Yamcha such great power.
unlike Gohan Yamcha is a dry can he doesn't has amount potential power to dig on even mystic Gohan become fodder in latter series.
What we would we say for Yamcha?

Last edited by Oberstein; 2016-12-15 at 00:09.
Oberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 15:32   Link #53
rladls2121

So will Yamcha be able to use God's Ki if he trained under Whis in the future.
It doesn't have to be Super Saiyan Blue or anything, just at least God's Ki.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 09:30   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think they'll take Super into account.
Old 2016-12-19, 12:58   Link #55
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

This is a awesome Spinoff, hope he doesn't stop suddenly and finishes it.

Quote:
Akira Toriyama gave the approval? Seriously?
Who really cares if he approves? The old man don't know how to make a good Shonin anime to begin with. He rather do every episode of Dragon Ball Super like he did that Arale episode.
Old 2016-12-21, 14:05   Link #56
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Why cant yamcha just ask shenron to change his dna and make him a sayian . After that he only needs to train and thats all
Edit : After i posted 5 answers appeared so yeah.... well either he will ask to be a sayian or the old dbz fashion way .
Old 2017-05-10, 02:12   Link #57
Oberstein
Mein Kaiser!

New chapter is out
there seomeone beside Yamcha who reincarnated too (surprise!!)
my money on Tien or Chiaotzu.
Probably Chiaotzu considering how very underdog him among z fighters.

Also i am glad the author also adressed Yamcha worry for future opponent power level, after saiyan saga Yamcha facing an obstacle to against enemies where impossible to fight by only super intense training and there also issue for Trunks either.
Old 2017-05-10, 17:59   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm betting on Piccolo or Tenshinhan being the other reincarnated.

Yamcha didn't think that much ahead. The guy was going to kill Vegeta because he wanted Bulma all to himself, which would have massively screwed with the other arcs.
Old 2017-05-10, 19:21   Link #59
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

man this manga is great, its already shot up to one of my favorites. And the artstyle is freaking A+. I need more of this series.

Even though its not really Yamcha im really happy seeing him getting his time to shine. Honestly i was so hyped for him potentially killing Vegeta and keeping Bulma until I remember all the good Vegeta does just like Yamcha did.

I understand we couldnt see the whole extra long fight but the short exchange between him and Vegeta was sick. Smart move bringing up Beerus as a distraction.

I think the other reincarnated person is Piccolo or Tien aswell. Hopefully too many dont show up, dont want it to get too cramped. Super interested in seeing how the story changes and how Yamcha can hope to match the strength of Super Saiyans.

the wait is going to be painful
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-10, 20:11   Link #60
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

In a way Beerus defeated Vegeta.

I'm excited to know who is this next reincarnator? Chaozu? Tien? Piccolo?

They need some love.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age of yamcha, battle action, isekai, shounen