AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-02-03, 13:16   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, for what it's worth, in the translation I read, Katakuri says he no longer considers Luffy to be "beneath his level". So rather than not underestimating him, it's more like he acknowledges him as an equal, perhaps?
After reading the full chapter, I think this is it. He even says at the beginning that he was starting to acknowledge him.

Katakuri tried not to underestimate Luffy which is why he went all out against him, but at the same time he thought Luffy was weaker than him (and pointed out why several times), which actually used to be true until now. He did try his best to kill him as fast as possible, Luffy was just too resilient. So it's not really contradictory, unless it gets revealed next chapter he was hiding powerful moves.
Old 2018-02-03, 22:17   Link #22
Twi

If he's hiding more moves, Luffy is going to die. Dude can't handle anymore of a beating. Still, I don't think Bubble Butt really thought things through. I mean... Katakuri's killed for less. He could kill her entourage without blinking, and while he won't kill her its his word over hers with no proof.
Old 2018-02-04, 13:42   Link #23
Rainbowman

This chapter made me think of this:

Katakuri must be based from the man with the bazooka with the boxing gloves of the armored samurai.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 16:26   Link #24
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 893
Good chapter, but you guys know Luffy going to win right? Dogtooth has shown all of his cards since the battle began and Luffy has only been able to use his Gear 4 once. Why? Because his Gear 4 is useless when his Mantra is not equal to Dogtooth. In the last couple of chapters have you guys wondered why Luffy is taking the hits? Why didn't he use Gear 4 again? With every chapter his mantra has gotten better. Once Luffy's mantra equals or passes Dog tooth how effective do you think the Gear 4 will be?
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 18:16   Link #25
Twi

You think he'd be able to get in a Gear 4th with that level of injury?
Old 2018-02-04, 21:18   Link #26
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
He has lasted this long. Ya i think he will be able to use his Gear 4.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 09:17   Link #27
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I'm liking this guy more and more, he should leave that bitch Big Mom after this fight, help him on Wano than do his own thing.

This fight should be ending soon, it's been a blast. Looking forward to seeing it live even if in terrible pacing and awful animation quality time to time, the pacing got pretty bad in the manga too so whatever.

Can't believe how many hours till it gets even more crazy, this arcs freakin long LOL.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-06, 11:18   Link #28
J4n1

This arc is taking way too long.
But this chapter, totally worth the pages.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote