AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-05, 03:32   Link #3201
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
With a name like Repulse Bay...

You said that you've seen gays performing public anal intercourse, and then you say that making out has to occur behind closed doors. Which is it, or are the two of those the same to you? I hope you also get your underwear knotted when you see heterosexual couples making out in public, otherwise you're guilty of holding a double standard.
Yeah. Not good for kiddies. Keep the kink behind closed doors. Thank you. Kissing of any sexual alingment is ok, but not the full monty. Applied to all alignments. Just saying that our law enforcement officers right now seems to have something against het couples having some steamy action in public (public nuisance act?) but not gays after 377 on our side was repealed.
Old 2009-07-05, 04:45   Link #3202
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyone heard about NK firing 7 missiles on Independence day?

Just how many ballistic missiles do they have?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-07-05, 06:00   Link #3203
miscs
Flying Dumb-ass

This has probably been posted before however I haven't came across it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8064867.stm

I can't be the only one who got a sick laugh after reading this.
Old 2009-07-05, 06:24   Link #3204
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Probably they're out of them right now. The "ideologically planned" economy cannot support large-scale production of that thing this time. They're no USSR.
Old 2009-07-05, 06:50   Link #3205
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

I dunno, but I do know that nuke industry is the only industry that DPRK has, other than the war industry...
Old 2009-07-05, 07:01   Link #3206
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
I dunno, but I do know that nuke industry is the only industry that DPRK has, other than the war industry...
...and the illicit drug industry. They're all bark. They won't dare fire an actual missile at any country.

Other countries acting like scared puppies don't help in brinksmaship. They should be intimidating that regime into submission, not the other way around. I mean, they have the means to bite.

Allied nuclear testing over the Sea of Japan, anyone? It's about time we see fireworks from the blue team.
Old 2009-07-05, 07:09   Link #3207
Saleh
Inactive

Flood in China displaces 300,000 people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Days of torrential rains in southern and central China have forced more than 300,000 people to flee their homes, the state-run Xinhua news agency says.

Floods, landslides and houses toppled by the rain killed at least 16 people in Hunan, Fujian and Guangxi provinces. A number of people are still missing.

In Guangxi, the army and residents were struggling to shore up a breached dyke at the base of a water reservoir.

At least 15 people died in neighbouring Vietnam, officials say.

There are fears the death toll in the two countries will rise further.

Both are prone to major flooding during the annual summer rainy season.

Quote:
Yeah. Not good for kiddies. Keep the kink behind closed doors. Thank you. Kissing of any sexual alingment is ok, but not the full monty. Applied to all alignments. Just saying that our law enforcement officers right now seems to have something against het couples having some steamy action in public (public nuisance act?) but not gays after 377 on our side was repealed.

Only the part that illegalize gay relationship in private was repealed in hk. Its also to be noted that Chapter 224 Section 377A (SG) has 2 years maximum jail time. Section 118F and 118J of chapter 200 (HK) are serious offense under which a man may get a maximum jail time of 5 years and 2 years respectively. Assuming that you are refering to SG's Chapter 184 Section 27A, HK's Chapter 200 Section 148 is similar to it. Hk needs to enforce the law more strictly. Hopefully that will change with time.
Old 2009-07-05, 07:22   Link #3208
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Flood in China displaces 300,000 people

Only the part that illegalize gay relationship in private was repealed in hk. Its also to be noted that Chapter 224 Section 377A (SG) has 2 years maximum jail time. Section 118F and 118J of chapter 200 (HK) are serious offense under which a man may get a maximum jail time of 5 years and 2 years respectively. Assuming that you are refering to SG's Chapter 184 Section 27A, HK's Chapter 200 Section 148 is similar to it. Hk needs to enforce the law more strictly. Hopefully that will change with time.
Actually, that's the whole problem. Where's the police when you need them!!?

Aargh, forget it. I'm moving back to my ancestral home in Wakayama (For the record, it's Susami-cho, Wakayama - the basis for Myself; Yourself, and the area's most famous "local produce". A very clean place, like Myself; Yourself. I was plesantly surprised when I found out that though a "harem game", it had no kink.
Old 2009-07-05, 14:49   Link #3209
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
...and the illicit drug industry. They're all bark. They won't dare fire an actual missile at any country.
Don't forget their counterfeiting operations. They probably make more money that way than any other industry. Lame pun intended.

Quote:
Other countries acting like scared puppies don't help in brinksmaship. They should be intimidating that regime into submission, not the other way around. I mean, they have the means to bite.
Neither does trying to threaten them back. Brinksmanship is a game where one wrong move can have very serious consequences. When both sides have a lot to lose you can try something like a blockade of Cuba during the Cuban missile crisis, which only solved thingsbecause the US was talking to Russia behind the scenes, and shows a need for communicating with your enemy(ies).

Quote:
Allied nuclear testing over the Sea of Japan, anyone? It's about time we see fireworks from the blue team.
Very bad idea. The US is a signatory of the nuclear test ban treaty. We test a nuke, the treaty is abandoned. Further, the sea of Japan is a bad location for a test. There's no way you can test there without major environmental impact. You have a choice between irridating the fish there, or spreading fallout over Japan. Even the North Koreans are doing underground tests because it's really the only way you can test a nuke somewhat safely on earth. A test in the sea of japan would make you need to bury the nuke under the seafloor, which isn't practical.

Just show them video of the Castle Bravo and Tsar Bomba tests. That should give them the message that their nukes are tiny firecrackers compared to what the US and Russia can make.
Old 2009-07-05, 15:59   Link #3210
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Don't forget their counterfeiting operations. They probably make more money that way than any other industry. Lame pun intended.

Neither does trying to threaten them back. Brinksmanship is a game where one wrong move can have very serious consequences. When both sides have a lot to lose you can try something like a blockade of Cuba during the Cuban missile crisis, which only solved thingsbecause the US was talking to Russia behind the scenes, and shows a need for communicating with your enemy(ies).

Very bad idea. The US is a signatory of the nuclear test ban treaty. We test a nuke, the treaty is abandoned. Further, the sea of Japan is a bad location for a test. There's no way you can test there without major environmental impact. You have a choice between irridating the fish there, or spreading fallout over Japan. Even the North Koreans are doing underground tests because it's really the only way you can test a nuke somewhat safely on earth. A test in the sea of japan would make you need to bury the nuke under the seafloor, which isn't practical.

Just show them video of the Castle Bravo and Tsar Bomba tests. That should give them the message that their nukes are tiny firecrackers compared to what the US and Russia can make.

Well yea, the nutjob regime only understands one thing: power. An actual nuke might have more serious "side-effects" to fellow blue-team states so it makes sense not to test one. But what's stopping them from "testing" missiles of their own, albeit those without any warhead? Why not do one of their own tests then "warn" North Korea against trying to intercept it. tit-for-tat?

"communicating" with those nutjobs won't help. It only makes them bolder, which is definitely NOT a good sign. It is true their "nukes" are just firecrackers, but there be some way to rub that fact on their faces so they will come to the six-party talks with their heads bowed and their tails between their legs.

In any case, the evil side is very clearly defined, so there's gonna be no threat of liberals showing their true colors and sympathizing with the nutjob regime. None at all.

Last edited by Thingle; 2009-07-05 at 16:13.
Old 2009-07-05, 17:01   Link #3211
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Why? They already know that, even though they'd win it, a war would cost the West more than they're really willing to pay. The US flexing their muscles wouldn't change that.
Old 2009-07-05, 18:57   Link #3212
iLney

Hmm, if only there were 9,999 big oil wells and 1 tiny uranium mine newly discovered in NK. Hah, that'll be fun.
Old 2009-07-05, 22:50   Link #3213
Saleh
Inactive

Coffee 'may reverse Alzheimer's'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
Drinking five cups of coffee a day could reverse memory problems seen in Alzheimer's disease, US scientists say.

The Florida research, carried out on mice, also suggested caffeine hampered the production of the protein plaques which are the hallmark of the disease.

Previous research has also suggested a protective effect from caffeine.

But British experts said the Journal of Alzheimer's disease study did not mean that dementia patients should start using caffeine supplements.

Old 2009-07-06, 00:01   Link #3214
iLney

5 cups?! If I start to drink 5 cups a day, I won't stop at 5 cups...
Old 2009-07-06, 00:07   Link #3215
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
5 cups?! If I start to drink 5 cups a day, I won't stop at 5 cups...
Oh. My cup is a 300ml one, not a standard coffee cup. At this rate, what does 5 cups mean - 5 coffee cups of 100ml, 5 standard cups of coffee of 200ml, or 5 mugs of 300ml??

Quote:
Which nutjob will test in the Sea of Japan!? Japan's fishing industry will collapse if you do that.
And remember, Japan is the first (and only so far) to have suffered (not one, but two) nuclears. I don't think Japan will want more around it, even if they're tests.
Old 2009-07-06, 02:10   Link #3216
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Oh. My cup is a 300ml one, not a standard coffee cup. At this rate, what does 5 cups mean - 5 coffee cups of 100ml, 5 standard cups of coffee of 200ml, or 5 mugs of 300ml??
Oh well... That's a good question.
Old 2009-07-06, 02:53   Link #3217
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
it means you've achieved clairvoyance
Old 2009-07-06, 03:00   Link #3218
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
it means you've achieved clairvoyance
After a little conversion,

1 cup = 8 US fluid ounces = 236.588237 ml

There you go. So 1L of coffee is what it takes!? Man that's a lot.
Old 2009-07-06, 03:23   Link #3219
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscs View Post
This has probably been posted before however I haven't came across it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8064867.stm

I can't be the only one who got a sick laugh after reading this.
Getting stuck in traffic for 5 hours is no joke... it's even worse when the culprit is someone who is merely threatening suicide. Shove em' I say, and let there be open lanes.
Old 2009-07-06, 03:25   Link #3220
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

if you want moderation...it's like 3 standard bottles of water 16 US fl oz
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international