Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 11:21   Link #461
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
It's still very much beating around the bush (if he was indeed in love with her ... we speculate that he was, but we can't know for sure. That alone speaks volumes about how conclusive the deal was ). Since this spawned from Mashifoni thread, that would be comparable to
Spoiler for MashiFoni, episode 10:

A point of many frustrations (among many others) for those of us who played the VN and had to watch the show going about its roundabout ways. Aaaargh, why did I have to be reminded of this show, now I am once again frustrated about them taking one of my favorite VNs and turning it in to this ... thing ... during it's transformation to anime format!
I cut down a bit to save space... and we've flooded another thread with longer than long posts, go team!

I think that where we draw our differences arises in what we knew about the show to a large degree (similar to how it worked in Mashifoni before I went ahead and bought the game). Where, in my shoes, I considered the hug/blood drinking more or less identical in significance meaning as what occurred in Mashifoni without the need for words, the fireworks in the background were, to me, the big *this is it, now watch as we make it clear with this fancy light show in the background*. All of the meaning was to be found in the scene and not in the (non-existent) dialogue. I may have been looking into to it far too deeply but, as an avid reader, I'm used to the fact that words need not be the only way to convey a point and that imagery is sufficient; suffice, that imagery felt sufficient. I then took the final arc as basically a confirmation of the meaning behind said imagery. (It was also in a fairly stark contrast to the "friends" arc(s) before it.)

But ya, we're probably stuck at this point, but I'll agree that it wasn't carved into stone with the ever powerful delivery method of words. I just thought/felt that the use of imagery was sufficient and that it (along with the concluding arc, which was plot wise fairly inconclusive) made the point clear enough to accept without the need for contention. The shows plot proper was considerably more vague and that was where I felt they dropped the ball (and then lost it), but I had found the actual romance angle of the show fairly cohesive and enjoyable. Eh...

I'll need to buy this VN at some point, and then get back to this conversation with a dual-opinion.
Old 2013-06-24, 18:17   Link #462
T-6000

I know I'm a bit late to bring my thoughts into this discussion, but I figured I'd give my thoughts on this Anime.

I was initially exited for the Fortune Arterial anime since I've had an interest in the Graphic novel but frustrated that I couldn't read & understand Japanese (and there weren't any fan translation projects at the time I wasn't aware of). But once I read that there would be only 12 episodes (not counting the bonus OVA) I knew there would be some problems. It's impossible to cram a very long Visual Novel into a 12 episode mini series. The story won't be properly developed, nor will the romance with the female characters. And in regards to that second part, it would have been a problem since trying to put in a multiple ending story into a TV sow can be a bit...tricky. So I can understand how they tried to rework the story to where the main character has a close relationship with the girls but non-romantic. But IMHO, for the overall story of Fortune Arterial it just doesn't work. From what I have heard that was part of the appeal with the original VN, Kouhei developing a deep relationship with each of the female characters. And trying to tone down or even cut out the deep relationships and romance takes out half of the story and appeal. Which makes the Fortune Arterial anime a little more than a basic high school (semi harem) story with vampires thrown in for good measure (instead of being an important part of the overall plot). I don't mind the sex being cut out. I risk coming under alot of fire for stating this, but a good romance story doesn't really need sex to make it more interesting. And sex with high school students make me feel uneasy (and I have been called super conservative for stating this, even though I am technically Moderate).

Overall I think the Fortune Arterial Anime was made to help promote the Visual Novel and get more people interested in it, rather than make the Anime stand out on it's own. It's not bad, but I think if they stretched out the anime to over 20 episodes and picked one of the girl's routes (in which I favor Erika, since I think her and Kouhei's relationship is the most interesting) it would have helped let the Anime stand on it's own rather than be promo material for an H Visual Novel series.

And about the ending, with Erika's mother. Even though they chose a less grim ending.......and I *KNOW* I'm being super silly in stating this......but for the record I would love to sick my Level 50 Dragonborn from Skyrim to kill that bitch!
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 08:45   Link #463
Tigarekkusu

about visual novel can anyone spoiler erica ending and haruna ending?
Tigarekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 16:52   Link #464
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigarekkusu View Post
about visual novel can anyone spoiler erica ending and haruna ending?
Probably take a look in the Game Thread for that sort of thing. It's been too many years since I've played it, so I'd probably have to go through it again for a refresher course...
Old 2013-07-29, 07:25   Link #465
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Probably take a look in the Game Thread for that sort of thing. It's been too many years since I've played it, so I'd probably have to go through it again for a refresher course...
Sadly it seems like the game thread never got around to summarizing Kiriha's route. Too bad, because the anime was a real crock and those of us who don't know Japanese won't be able to make any sense of the game.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 21:25   Link #466
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Sadly it seems like the game thread never got around to summarizing Kiriha's route. Too bad, because the anime was a real crock and those of us who don't know Japanese won't be able to make any sense of the game.
Huuh what? Kiriha route is fully translated.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire