AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-02, 09:49   Link #1661
azziz

i'm surprised by how popular tatsuya has sudently become:for sawaki to say his mere presence boosted everyone morale-how different from last year!
i tough former year one course 1 student+3 year from technicien team would no have forgotten their bitter humiliation.
i guess miyuki dream,after his decisive contribution to first high victory,finally came true:all of the 9 schools must know and acknowledge his (overwhelming) talent,right?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 11:27   Link #1662
Delftear

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
i'm surprised by how popular tatsuya has sudently become:for sawaki to say his mere presence boosted everyone morale-how different from last year!
i tough former year one course 1 student+3 year from technicien team would no have forgotten their bitter humiliation.
i guess miyuki dream,after his decisive contribution to first high victory,finally came true:all of the 9 schools must know and acknowledge his (overwhelming) talent,right?
Problem with that is it's becoming more and more unrealistic that none of his secret identities has been publicly revealed. He has 5 different identities which are the subject of interest to a great many people.
Delftear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 11:31   Link #1663
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Spoiler for Erika:

Need to buy one real quick#

BTW Isnt it cute?
You are going to break her cad on the first ten minutes you use it...
They shouldn t have put the cad the way it is
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 11:36   Link #1664
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delftear View Post
Problem with that is it's becoming more and more unrealistic that none of his secret identities has been publicly revealed. He has 5 different identities which are the subject of interest to a great many people.
Only tauros Silver should be known by now... Genious engenier that likes the Silver series and doesn t want a job from rosen or anyone else...
And mayumi should have discovered he is mashevara by now... She has the means and obligation to know mashevara exists and has seen regrowth... She even knows he is in the 101 batalion... it isn t needed much of an effort to get there
Old 2014-05-02, 11:37   Link #1665
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delftear View Post
That's probably why Maya wants him to lie low.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 12:54   Link #1666
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Only tauros Silver should be known by now... Genious engenier that likes the Silver series and doesn t want a job from rosen or anyone else...
And mayumi should have discovered he is mashevara by now... She has the means and obligation to know mashevara exists and has seen regrowth... She even knows he is in the 101 batalion... it isn t needed much of an effort to get there
she also knows about decomposition, she saw him disintegrate a truck right in front of her.
Considering the saegusa are the leading clan of the 10MC its a bit of a stretch that they didn't find out about him. Leaving aside the strategic magician things at least to find about his yotsuba connections not to mention about taurus silver.
I mean he used flying type magic 1 month after was first announced, the flying type magic calculation devices were scheduled to be out 2 months later, come on pls even brain dead people will make the connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
Off course his popular, he won every round where he was an engineer in a land slide, i mean all tree places and after the monolith code where he kicked 10mc heir masaki's and after his match with tomitsuka, who is 3rd place in technical skills basically an A rank magician, off course the course 1 students see him in a different light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
That's probably why Maya wants him to lie low.
My guess is that maya wants to keep him away from this dahan stuff that's happening,they will go after him if they get the chance.
Think about it, raymond is a sage same as maya and black sage aka the big bad boss, raymond knows his a strategic class magician and probably an yotsuba from his access to echelon III system.
But at the same time black sage has acces to the same informations so he knows about tatsuya to.
As maya goes she knows kudou knows as well as the black sage and probably koichi knows as well.
And after whole steeplechase parasite showdown his existence as Mahesvara that was a rumor until then was confirmed.
So i think maya wants him to lay low because now there will be to many people looking into him and might find out his secrets.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 12:59   Link #1667
Echizen777

What is more unrealistic is that nobody inquired on Miyuki. She is such at magic, it is so obvious..Tatsuya at least managed to win thanks to gram spells and martial arts in public but Miyuki pwns everyone with magic, how can someone like that have parents like Mizuki? Even with a little reflexion as did Erika and Mayumi just by elimination or by thinking about the name Shiba. She is the one wiho should have been limited. It's not as if her classmates can compete with her. She is also lucky that there is no female 10MC magician in the same year unlike Tatsuya.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 13:16   Link #1668
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
What is more unrealistic is that nobody inquired on Miyuki. She is such at magic, it is so obvious..Tatsuya at least managed to win thanks to gram spells and martial arts in public but Miyuki pwns everyone with magic, how can someone like that have parents like Mizuki? Even with a little reflexion as did Erika and Mayumi just by elimination or by thinking about the name Shiba. She is the one wiho should have been limited. It's not as if her classmates can compete with her. She is also lucky that there is no female 10MC magician in the same year unlike Tatsuya.
i agree with ya.

Miyuki magic power was light years away for her to be from an normal family, that much is painfully obvious.
Hell after yokohama when she used mental interference magic, pretty much a yotsuba trait in japan, no way nobody asked about her, its unthinkable no one looked into her, or ask her to marry into the 10MC since her power was greater than they had.
Or ask about him for that matter, i mean mayumi who saw him use mist dispersal to disintegrate a truck right in front of her and then see's him using regrowth a magic that is unbelievable, there's no way he was from a normal unknown family with such magics.
Come one ,one child to be talented that much in a normal family could be believed as a fluke of nature, but two siblings with such an extreme magic ability and skill that's no fluke.
I mean erika with limited information she concluded he was from the yotsuba, but mayumi and jyuumonji who where 10MC themselves and had a lot more access to information not to put it together, please its a bit to much
Old 2014-05-02, 13:32   Link #1669
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
i agree with ya.

I mean erika with limited information she concluded he was from the yotsuba, but mayumi and jyuumonji who where 10MC themselves and had a lot more access to information not to put it together, please its a bit to much
They already figured it out, at least Mayumi did (sort of):

Spoiler for Volume 5, Presidential Election side story:

But due to the rules and laws that are present in the Mahouka world along with their friendship with Tatsuya and Miyuki... they don't inquire them about it:

Spoiler for Volume 5, Presidential Election side story:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 13:59   Link #1670
Zoks

Don't forget, Miyuki cannot control her magic due to her seal on Tatsuya. That hurts her perception as coming from one of the Ten Clans.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 14:06   Link #1671
Echizen777

You are right but not only that she is talented at magic but she is the prettiest thing on earth, girls love her, boys love her, cops want her autograph. How come nobody asked her something like are you from the TMC like Katsuto did or inquired about her like Shizuku's mom? Popularity wise, she outshines Tatsuya, Honoka even said she would not be surprised if she was one of them but she never asked. Mayumi knows they are related to the Yotsuba but she and Mari believed that nobody in the same age bracket as her could match her MP. If Mari thinks so, why didn't she deduce her indentity? They aren't even the only ones who think so.
Old 2014-05-02, 14:14   Link #1672
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Quote:
Spoiler for wall of text:
Didnt just Mayumi brush of the idea him being a Yotsuba and concluded hes an extra? Hmmm...she probably doesnt know the tradition of Yotsuba or its history for mental magic; beside the only one who has seen Miyuki use mental magic is Lina and my beloved.(well i think Honoka and Miki saw it but didnt comprehend wat it was)

Btw I tried researching the name "Rozen" and came into realization that she carries most of its trait.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 14:32   Link #1673
IceHism

Just cause something is a yotsuba trait does not mean that people know it. Do you forget the secret nature of the yotsuba clan. NO ONE pierces their information control. NO ONE

Also, in Asia it is culture to not make unnecessary confrontations and troubles. As long as people are guessing and are never sure, thy will never directly confront tatsuya and miyuki with questions like that.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 14:41   Link #1674
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
You are right but not only that she is talented at magic but she is the prettiest thing on earth, girls love her, boys love her, cops want her autograph. How come nobody asked her something like are you from the TMC like Katsuto did or inquired about her like Shizuku's mom? Popularity wise, she outshines Tatsuya, Honoka even said she would not be surprised if she was one of them but she never asked. Mayumi knows they are related to the Yotsuba but she and Mari believed that nobody in the same age bracket as her could match her MP. If Mari thinks so, why didn't she deduce her indentity? They aren't even the only ones who think so.
True miyuki's Mp is one of the strongest in this generation. But so is tatsuyas MP, he is able to wield the most difficult magic "decomposition" that other magicians in the world can only dream off using(and i`m not bias here the novel says "decomposition" is the most difficult systematic magic).
Miyuki's popularity is large based on her incredible magic power so off course her popularity is far greater then tatsuyas which has to hide his magic power.
If his decomposition were to be revealed he will become the center of attention in the japan magic community, since he is the first magician to wield decomposition magic to the highest degree.

Quote:
Didnt just Mayumi brush of the idea him being a Yotsuba and concluded hes an extra? Hmmm...she probably doesnt know the tradition of Yotsuba or its history for mental magic; beside the only one who has seen Miyuki use mental magic is Lina and my beloved.(well i think Honoka and Miki saw it but didnt comprehend wat it was).
Not true miyuki first used Cocytus in yokohama when she was in that helicopter and they landed. Mayumi, Mari, Kanon, Isori, Kirihara etc where there to see it, see volume 7 chapter 12.
Lina saw it in volume 11.
Old 2014-05-02, 16:08   Link #1675
Echizen777

Well, if we talk about MP in general, Tatsuya is weak and even with everything considered Miyuki's MP is top class. How could Tatsuya become more popular than his sister? Decomposition is extremely difficult, yes but it is not enough to attire the attention of everyone just by walking. Miyuki isn't so popular only because she is an awesome magician. It's not as if people could learn anything from Tatsuya's Decomposition anyway, they know the formula but it is impossible for a normal magician.
I can't wait for their identitities to be revealed.
Old 2014-05-02, 16:32   Link #1676
Delftear

Quote:
Well, if we talk about MP in general, Tatsuya is weak and even with everything considered Miyuki's MP is top class. How could Tatsuya become more popular than his sister? Decomposition is extremely difficult, yes but it is not enough to attire the attention of everyone just by walking. Miyuki isn't so popular only because she is an awesome magician. It's not as if people could learn anything from Tatsuya's Decomposition anyway, they know the formula but it is impossible for a normal magician.
I can't wait for their identitities to be revealed.
I thought Tatsuya had more mp than almost anyone, it's just that the sheer complexity of decomposition and regrowth kept him from being able to use any other magic with his natural magic computation area. The reason his other magic is so weak is because the artificial calculation area is weak not from a lack of mp. Least thats how I understood it.
Delftear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 16:49   Link #1677
Jirachier

If both Tatsuya's and Miyuki's full identities were to be revealed and they were both in the same place, everyone will flock around Tatsuya rather than Miyuki regardless of her beauty.
Miyuki is referred to as a queen but Tatsuya as a god, if he wanted to go berserk and make his own magic go out of control I'm pretty sure he could.
I love how this is the vol13 discussion thread and we always find ourselves talking about something more general.
Old 2014-05-02, 17:58   Link #1678
black_cat1

Mitsugu might knows sth regarding to the experiment that was performed on Tatsuya in the past. I don't think that simply turn a person who couldn't use "magic" to one is a sin. There must be much more about that experiment.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 18:01   Link #1679
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
If both Tatsuya's and Miyuki's full identities were to be revealed and they were both in the same place, everyone will flock around Tatsuya rather than Miyuki regardless of her beauty.
Miyuki is referred to as a queen but Tatsuya as a god, if he wanted to go berserk and make his own magic go out of control I'm pretty sure he could.
I love how this is the vol13 discussion thread and we always find ourselves talking about something more general.
I think it normal that ppl end up talking about general stuff here. There isn t a general thread for mahouka anymore and nobody really goes to the threads of past arcs....
Old 2014-05-02, 18:16   Link #1680
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
You know ... this whole discussion about Tatsuya's operation ... has made me wonder about one thing...

What if ... Miyuki has been 'artificially created' in a desperate attempt of the Yotsuba clan to have a way of controlling the crystallization of their sin.

I'm aware that 'officially' there is only a year apart from Tatsuya's and Miyuki's age, but I also find it suspicious how a frail women like Miya managed to have two pregnancies with only about ... 3 months of difference between the time where her first pregnancy ended and the second one has started.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the reason for Miya being "frail" because she overused her Mental Interference Magic?

So, basically, she was a perfectly healthy person around the times she gave birth, and then overused her magic for 13+ years and died.

Quote:
Didnt just Mayumi brush of the idea him being a Yotsuba and concluded hes an extra? Hmmm...she probably doesnt know the tradition of Yotsuba or its history for mental magic; beside the only one who has seen Miyuki use mental magic is Lina and my beloved.(well i think Honoka and Miki saw it but didnt comprehend wat it was)
An "Extra" is a person who is still blood-related to the main family, but is not considered family. In this aspect, she is much closer to the truth than anyone else, because (as of right now) Tatsuya will NEVER be "Yotsuba Tatsuya." He will be the Guardian "Shiba Tatsuya" until the day he dies.

Quote:
Extra numbers, referred to by the abbreviation. Extra; magicians or their descendants that have been stripped of their family ‘number’.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote