AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-22, 23:03   Link #41
larethian

JC Staff is not great, but it can't be considered bad. It has a balance of doing things right and messing up stuff, though on the whole, I'll put it slightly above average, putting a number of factors into consideration especially since it's a large studio and have to spread resources across many projects. except for ZnT, I've read the source material of most of its adaptations of LNs and mangas (well at least the ones in the past few years). If one classifies it as bad, then it's just that one hasn't watch enough real bad adaptations yet. . And also, one cannot compare LN adaptations and manga adaptations; they are different playing fields. On the whole, I think its adaptations are actually pretty acceptable. Of course, Todara was just plain awesome in many ways, though I've forgotten all but the heartrending Taiga scene.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 06:47   Link #42
tsunade666

The animation is good but it jumps from good to bad. Depending on the episode or the part of the story. It's good if it's stable but it's certainly noticeable between climax and normal episode. Though that happens only in their action works and not the normal ones.
Old 2011-06-23, 08:41   Link #43
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i know toradora had great animation but that was 2008, if you see index season 1 you will see it had great animation too but in the past year the only good animated series ive seen from them is otome youkai zakuro(or watherver is called)though i can be wrong since i just watched a caouple of episodes.
Old 2011-06-26, 18:06   Link #44
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Preview of the opening song:

winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 22:00   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The animation is good but it jumps from good to bad. Depending on the episode or the part of the story. It's good if it's stable but it's certainly noticeable between climax and normal episode. Though that happens only in their action works and not the normal ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i know toradora had great animation but that was 2008, if you see index season 1 you will see it had great animation too but in the past year the only good animated series ive seen from them is otome youkai zakuro(or watherver is called)though i can be wrong since i just watched a caouple of episodes.
It's kinda obvious that shows without much action would have an easier time animating scenes, especially if they only have 12 episodes to work with. Even the great Madoka suffered some bad animation once in awhile.

Besides, nothing the BD release can't fix. Even then JC Staff's bad animation (for the ones I've seen) are still nothing extreme, I remember when Nanoha StrikerS came out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Preview of the opening song:

It's nice, but it doesn't blow me away... I could learn to like it.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-27 at 09:20.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 08:58   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know if I'm reading this correct; but apparently there is a Live event for Ryo-kyu-bu and Kamisama no Memochou that was held in which the first episodes were screened.

『神様のメモ帳&ロウきゅーぶ!』第1話上映イベント・・・評判いいみたいだね

In the case of KamiMemo – it seemed to be universally liked with a lot of high praise.
Old 2011-06-27, 09:12   Link #47
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well i was thinking that the j.c. fall 2010 fiasco was because they bited more than they were able to chew,but this season they only have one series(correct me if im wrong), and the quality is average at most, knda sad since it was a series a was looking for this season.
Old 2011-06-27, 09:19   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
well i was thinking that the j.c. fall 2010 fiasco was because they bited more than they were able to chew,but this season they only have one series(correct me if im wrong), and the quality is average at most, knda sad since it was a series a was looking for this season.
Two shows; the second one is [Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel].
Old 2011-06-27, 12:55   Link #49
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In the case of KamiMemo – it seemed to be universally liked with a lot of high praise.
Katsushi Sakurabi is genuinely talented as a layout designer, storyboarder, and episode director - after Ken'ichi Kasai and Tatsuyuki Nagai, he's J.C.STAFF's top collaborator (and more experienced/versatile than either of them at that.....check out Shigofumi 01, Toradora 16, and Index 02 for some impressive technical work. IMO, he and Seishi Minakami did a nice job on Asatte no Houkou too, even if the story failed to be anything substantial), even if he hasn't been very successful at directing his own series.

Hopefully, Kamimemo will bring some fan recognition, but then again, I said the same about Uraboku (kind of a directorial followup to Tsukihime), which suffered from his usual issues with pacing and story vision.

Quote:
There are many factors that affect quality, such as the commission fees a studio agrees on and the production schedule.

Bear in mind that screwed schedules can cause problems for subsequent seasons. For instance, if the Fall 2010 episodes slip really badly, chances are good that the Winter and Spring shows might slip badly too because the former affects how soon they can get cranking on the newer shows. That's why studios need to take breaks every so often to reorganize and start fresh.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 17:35   Link #50
Miraluka
Banned

Quiet true but that time when Index first season was aired only a seconde show was done by JCS, Toradora and both had good quality. I agree with Zeniselv, they bited more than they were able to chew the 2010.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 17:38   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Quiet true but that time when Index first season was aired only a seconde show was done by JCS, Toradora and both had good quality. I agree with Zeniselv, they bited more than they were able to chew the 2010.
The rooster cries and the sun comes up- doesn't mean he made it happen.

And Why don't I ever hear you guys bring up that Index 2 had better character design and background art than the first season? Being so focus on the bad points you've psyche yourself up with, but I digress, this would get us nowhere.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:03   Link #52
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

character designs of characters of index 2 was one of the biggest complains, last order for example, and background art was great but i think it was on par with S1, but other than this there was bakuman who ppl also complained about, i just watched a couple of eps and what i watched was quite decent, and milky homes bad animation was fitting with the series, an the other hand otome yokai zakuro had good animation from what i saw.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:11   Link #53
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
character designs of characters of index 2 was one of the biggest complains, last order for example, and background art was great but i think it was on par with S1,
Nowhere was there any reasonable complaints about the Character designs, quite the opposite, it's been steadily improving since the first season, then in Railgun, and up till now.

The background is definitely not just 'on par', just look at the City Night Lights as well as the fleet of ice.

Quote:
but other than this there was bakuman who ppl also complained about, i just watched a couple of eps and what i watched was quite decent, and milky homes bad animation was fitting with the series, an the other hand otome yokai zakuro had good animation from what i saw.
I've never watched Bakuman nor Milky Holmes so I can't comment on those; but Zakuro's has some pretty scenes, I wouldn't say it's good or bad animation- I mean, it's not like there's alot of unique motion that stands out, but it's pretty.
Old 2011-06-27, 19:01   Link #54
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Nowhere was there any reasonable complaints about the Character designs, quite the opposite, it's been steadily improving since the first season, then in Railgun, and up till now.

The background is definitely not just 'on par', just look at the City Night Lights as well as the fleet of ice.
as fas as i know the only complaint in season 1 wasmisaka wasnt moe enough, and a bout background art, it just happened that season 2 showed great locales based on the story, also im not sure if of all stuidios involved jc staff was the ones doing background art, well since were going off topic, i just wanna say, i hope this sereis put jc on the rigth track, since it seems it can be interesting, also hoping for the series to come to be better produced.
Old 2011-06-27, 20:09   Link #55
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
well since were going off topic, i just wanna say, i hope this sereis put jc on the rigth track, since it seems it can be interesting, also hoping for the series to come to be better produced.
It would help if the readers of the light novel could help hype up the show, much like what larethian and Comic Eagle are doing for ItsuTen

I hope it's good, but I don't expect it to be greatness.

Quote:
as fas as i know the only complaint in season 1 was misaka wasnt moe enough,
You must be joking... But at this point, I suppose it ceases to be an argument of facts and becomes an argument of opinions

Quote:
and a bout background art, it just happened that season 2 showed great locales based on the story, also im not sure if of all stuidios involved jc staff was the ones doing background art,
...It's still the same city Are you really going to pretend there isn't a huge difference between the two seasons at night? The company doing S2 background art is [Echo Animation], but that doesn't invalid my argument as my point was that there's an improvment from the first season- No matter the ones involved.

Also for reference, the Art Director for S1 is Yoshinori Hirose while the Art Director for S2 is Tomonori Kuroda.
Old 2011-06-27, 20:33   Link #56
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

mmhhh... well my opinion migth be a little biased since i consider S1 the best anime i ever seen, and S2 i was close to droping it, and didnt even watch in had the second half of it in HD, but at least from the amakuza arc i can say background wherent that much improved, still kamimemo pv show some good animation, wich i hope turns to be true to see jc as a good animation studio again(and so have hope for index S3).
Old 2011-06-27, 20:42   Link #57
larethian

ok, to hype up the show, Kamimemo is ranked number 10 on "This Light Novel is Amazing 2011" rankings, which has 60 positions. even no 60. is worth something given the huge number of LNs. hype up done. kuroshinigami's review here:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/blog/?p=145#more-145

Last edited by larethian; 2011-06-27 at 22:17.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 20:59   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

One more thing for the record,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
JC Staff did three shows on the Fall of 2008, Index, Toradora, and Nodame Cantabile: Paris

I swear, nobody ever remembers their shoujo series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
ok, to hype up the show, Kamimemo is ranked number 10 on "This Light Novel is Amazing 2011" rankings, which has 60 positions. even no 60. is worth something give the huge number of LNs. done. review here:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/blog/?p=145#more-145
Hey what do you know, you're right !

Spoiler:

Now all they need is to animate SAO and Ben-to (What's that?) and we're set

Oh at the same time, Alice was also the number 2 girl And I was wondering who she was...
Old 2011-06-27, 22:17   Link #59
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
You must be joking... But at this point, I suppose it ceases to be an argument of facts and becomes an argument of opinions
Don't forget there were a lot of people bitching about Mikoto having few screentime.

Nodam.... what is that?

Quote:
Now all they need is to animate SAO and Ben-to (What's that?) and we're set

Oh at the same time, Alice was also the number 2 girl And I was wondering who she was...
Now, lets force Ping to go back to us trough this.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 10:29   Link #60
pampz21
ShipCore

after watching episode 1 .....don't know if its good but...i'll look for a couple more episode!!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life