AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-07, 23:38   Link #41
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Hm, if you guys like traps, check out Himitsu no Akuma-chan. There's a really dangerous trap right there.

Don't think it's scanlated yet though.
anything from WAaI! has dangerous traps. Haven't read Himitsu no Akuma-chan, but I sort of have an idea of what it might be about after reading Reversible!.

I don't think Yukimura will reach that level of teasing, though...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 02:17   Link #42
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I have had a look at Reversible thanks to you, and it's amusing. Though the one in Akuma-chan is even bigger tease, you'll find yourself falling straight into hell (pun intended).

It's troublesome that it's a quarterly magazine though...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 05:59   Link #43
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Eh, am I the only one who wasn't all that impressed by the trap? I guess I'm dangerously saturated and jaded, but *this* trap seems so normal and boring to me.

The situation itself (+ the dismissive girls) was a lot more fun than the character.

Genderbenders are a lot more fun when they are handled with playful abandon like with our beloved Aikawa, with hilariously complicated twists like in this happily fluffy shoujo manga, or with a distinctly even tone as in this promising manga. In short, distinctions, twists, and the "trap" thing being an addition to the character rather than the other way around.

The trap here feels so low-key and an afterthought in comparison. Which may have been the author's intention of course since it seems he's enjoying satirizing his way through otaku subculture stuff.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 09:47   Link #44
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Eh, am I the only one who wasn't all that impressed by the trap? I guess I'm dangerously saturated and jaded, but *this* trap seems so normal and boring to me.

The situation itself (+ the dismissive girls) was a lot more fun than the character.

Genderbenders are a lot more fun when they are handled with playful abandon like with our beloved Aikawa, with hilariously complicated twists like in this happily fluffy shoujo manga, or with a distinctly even tone as in this promising manga. In short, distinctions, twists, and the "trap" thing being an addition to the character rather than the other way around.

The trap here feels so low-key and an afterthought in comparison. Which may have been the author's intention of course since it seems he's enjoying satirizing his way through otaku subculture stuff.
Holy Crap you managed to name most of my favorite trap or guess in NG Life & Ame Nochi it's outright gender bending, mangas.
Can't really compare Yukimura to Aikawa cause Aikawa is in a league of Aikawa's own(much like Hidehoshi is)
Yukimura's little problem is there wasn't quite any impact with his character, yea sure enough didn't see it coming but even then there really isn't quite a stand out trait with him(reason being I still very much prefer main 3)

p.s I love NG Life, it's one of my favorite takes on the whole gender bending or "trap" thing plus it's very very funny as well. I'm actually int he process of tracking down the manga.
Ame Nochi Hare is another very interesting take on it as well(which I thought was supposed to be a josei but seems it's tagged as shoujo now) the plus side here is I very much like the art.
Old 2010-08-08, 15:33   Link #45
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Holy Crap you managed to name most of my favorite trap or guess in NG Life & Ame Nochi it's outright gender bending, mangas.
Can't really compare Yukimura to Aikawa cause Aikawa is in a league of Aikawa's own(much like Hidehoshi is)
Yukimura's little problem is there wasn't quite any impact with his character, yea sure enough didn't see it coming but even then there really isn't quite a stand out trait with him(reason being I still very much prefer main 3)

p.s I love NG Life, it's one of my favorite takes on the whole gender bending or "trap" thing plus it's very very funny as well. I'm actually int he process of tracking down the manga.
Oh wow I didn't know there are fans of the other two series out there. *waves hand happily*

But you also mentioned a very important and incredibly funny trap I've missed in Hideyoshi of Baka Test fame. Such a crime cannot be forgiven of course so I shall proceed to commit ritual suicide after finishing this post for forgetting about Hideyoshi.

As for NG Life I think if you're in the USA it's better to just buy it from Tokyopop anyway since the LQ scanlations online are part magazine scans and part (badly) scanned from Tokyopop's own version.

*tunes out to go prepare the ritual tools*
Old 2010-09-02, 05:18   Link #46
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Adorably odd imouto. I couldn't help it, but go "huh?" and "aww" at the same time.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 06:53   Link #47
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

kukuku... especially when you see her true form...
Old 2010-09-02, 09:23   Link #48
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

This is a pretty weird series. It's not that funny, but somehow it piqued my interest enough to finish reading the novel till the latest volume. It's kinda ironic though that the club is created to find friend even though from my point of view, the club member is already friend which each other even though they don't want to admit it lol.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:38   Link #49
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Someone's got a little complex going for An-chan- err, her other half.

I like her already.
Old 2010-09-02, 12:10   Link #50
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Permission to sqeal like a little girl?

*KYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAA*

God I've fallen head over heels for Imouto-chan!

She's epic imouto-chan win!

I liked how they went with crayon drawing for showing their back story, always like that take on on explianing stuff

Totally loving the cast here so far, they have all been pretty good lulz. Now I'm just waiting on Megane-tazer-chan.

Kukukuku....An-chan! *swoon*

p.s @ Irenicus: I found NG Life at my local Forbidden Planet just gotta save up the pennies as it will cost £30 for 6 vols
Old 2010-09-02, 12:27   Link #51
BlueDo

Somehow, Kobato isn't as cuddly as I expected she would be.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 12:37   Link #52
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

She's very cuddly when she forgets she's a vampire
Old 2010-09-02, 14:52   Link #53
Falkor

chapter 06

ahhh, imouto is such an adorable thing. who doesn't want a cute little sister after reading this chapter?

an-chan~~~~

"During Primary School, she had several hobbies: breaking disposable chopsticks with her bottom, igniting her farts, etc." <--- lol.

probably one of the most interesting, if not likable imouto I've come across. she's simply adorable.

I think what I liked the most about this chapter is how we explored Kodaka's relationship with his sister. he tries to be a very responsible older brother: cooking for her, preparing her bath, handing her a pepsi. I should say it is a very normal relationship shared between two siblings. He takes care of her in different ways; and she returns this love with her affection. I would also say it's something very close, where the two talk and treat each other in a very amiable and sincere manner.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 19:20   Link #54
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I thought Kobato was pretty cute too =03. It was great that Kodaka always kept his cool, even when Kobato was walking around naked. Too bad we won't get to see her in the Friend's club, her presence would be cute as well as amusing.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 19:22   Link #55
Xacual

I thought she was in the Neighbor's club in chapter 0.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2010-09-02 at 19:34.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 22:32   Link #56
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

All she needs is a reason to join =)
Old 2010-09-03, 04:34   Link #57
Wrath88
Kissing...

I knew Micchi would be here. You read the novel, right? How is it compared to the manga?
Old 2010-09-03, 07:06   Link #58
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

I just finished up volume 3. Manga's pretty much following the LN. Each chapter is quite short, so they adapt well.
The illustrations are slightly different. I liked Kobato's running out of the bath naked scene better in the LN. She is SO adorable.

Spoiler for An-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan~!!!!! (v1):

I'm liking it so far, especially with the development at the end of v3. I can't get enough of Meat.
Old 2010-09-03, 08:50   Link #59
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

lol. Niku is fun too, but Yozora is also fun XD. Always laugh seeing her abusing meat with words. If you like Meat, the end of vol 4 will be a big cliffhanger for you XD
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 17:16   Link #60
Kunagisa

Holy crap ... chapter 7 is sooooo epic. Yozora's face on pg 5(53) is freaking gold. ALSO LOL @ THE SACRED BOOBSMITH!!~~!!!!

Poor Meat ... but sooooooooooooo funny. Can't believe she said all those things outloud. I would kill to see the animated version of that XDDDD

Yozora +1. Itachi's artwork's totally perfect for this.

10/10 Ch. 7.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen