AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 17:10   Link #4001
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I am dissapoint.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 17:14   Link #4002
LeoXiao
思想工作

Eh...it's got a certain charm to it.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 17:23   Link #4003
Sumeragi
Banned

It's based on this:

PzRgt14, Ostfront, fall 1943
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 17:28   Link #4004
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

My beef with the German camouflage schemes, as I was explaining in the in-game chat, is that there is not enough variety. With most of the German tanks, the camouflage was field applied, so you could have 100 variations of the ambush scheme alone. 7 to chose from in the game is not enough.

Endless "I want more, dammit!" Soul
Old 2013-03-17, 17:40   Link #4005
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

On a similar note I noticed they have re-made all the flag decals that you can apply so they actually look half decent now and a bit worn and torn as opposed to the IN YOUR FACE brightness of the old ones.

That aside Squiggly camo is awesome.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 18:04   Link #4006
willx
Nyaaan~~

A kind of achievement -- finally reached "true 50%" win rate on the Tiger 2 (17 draws!) after 840 games ..

UTE will appreciate this, I took a big slow tank in a non-top tier game up the river on Highway!

Images
Commerative Game Stats
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-17, 18:09   Link #4007
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm 10 games away to parity on my King Tiger, but oh, the increased exp craziness might make getting there hard. Oh well, at least it's not an insurmountable mountain, unlike how my stats in the AMX 13 75 seem to be right now. ^^;

When are we going to get a Soviet medium sale, so I can finally get that T-43?
Old 2013-03-17, 20:28   Link #4008
Sumeragi
Banned

Figured out which camouflage to give my future 8.8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger:

Old 2013-03-17, 20:59   Link #4009
Gravitas Free Zone

I had been contemplating what combination of killing and other miscellaneous actions would be required for my unreached Ace Tanker in the T-15... then it actually happened.

The quote about not interrupting your enemy when he is making a mistake applied here... our team ended up being horribly ineffective (while I waited in the bushes), then ReddForman and I had to kill eight of their remaining players by our base. Redd then became unable to put his foot up anyone's ass, and I was left looking for the T-26.

It was suggested to visit the enemy's capture point, so I did. A couple of seconds later the T-26 started capping ours. It would have been a draw... and then the T-26 inexplicably DROVE OFF OF OUR CAP.

Now, it stood a chance of making it back in time to attack me... but then returned to capping, so... whoopsie.

Images

The opposing T-15 complimented me at the end. I didn't notice until looking at the AAR that it had also managed to kill six tanks.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 23:28   Link #4010
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Re camo: I wish they had a choice like this one. This is a 1:72 scale PzIII Ausf J I made a few years ago. That's an American quarter to give it some idea of the size.

Images

Endless "Splotches" Soul
Old 2013-03-18, 00:08   Link #4011
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll see what I can do, Endless Soul.
Old 2013-03-18, 00:35   Link #4012
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Reason for this: It's the most Ostfront-like camouflage. I want to base my future TDs on either the counterattack (Kursk) or Vaterland defense, so I need to save up the other camouflage.
That's the camo I give to German tanks I use on the Common Test, if only because it doesn't look as horrendous as the other camos imho. I mean, it reminds me of a multi-flavored popsicle I had once, totally delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
My beef with the German camouflage schemes, as I was explaining in the in-game chat, is that there is not enough variety. With most of the German tanks, the camouflage was field applied, so you could have 100 variations of the ambush scheme alone. 7 to chose from in the game is not enough.

Endless "I want more, dammit!" Soul
Yes, the German tanks need more camo schemes to choose from. The same can be said for the US line, which doesn't have many to choose from. Both countries have tons of historical camo schemes they can use, and as shown by the Chinese tree having digital camo, WG don't really stick to "historical" designs when it comes to tank camo.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 00:44   Link #4013
Gravitas Free Zone

My American tanks use the orange-striped "French style" summer camo, the orange-striped "Iwo Jima" desert camo, and the mottled green winter camo. If there was an orange winter camo, I'd use that.

I also like the puzzle-piece styled French camo, but I only used it very briefly on the AMX 40.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 02:12   Link #4014
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, it says on the Events Calendar that next week is the Soviet Tech Focus week. Hopefully it gives discounts on mediums rather than heavies, as it'd be a nice opportunity to get the T-43, finally.
Old 2013-03-18, 03:09   Link #4015
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

L O O K_a t_m y_n o o b_s t a t s.

Spoiler for Tank pic spam:
Old 2013-03-18, 11:02   Link #4016
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I just cannot understand how anyone can go through with artillery. I tried playing a couple... and the scrolling hurts my arm

I think I almost smashed the mouse and one time... I am glad I didn't, because the said mouse was expensive

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 11:05   Link #4017
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I just cannot understand how anyone can go through with artillery. I tried playing a couple... and the scrolling hurts my arm

I think I almost smashed the mouse and one time... I am glad I didn't, because the said mouse was expensive

- Tak
The "macro" general part of me loves playing artillery. A cool methodical approach to tanks basically. Prioritize targets, angles, groupings .. it suits my dispassionate approach to war. That said, it requires a lot of patience, and RNG hurts more cause you fire fewer shots and your hit rate is so much lower..
Old 2013-03-18, 11:07   Link #4018
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

You know, its really not the patience, its the scrolling that gets me... it takes forever for me to scroll from one block to another. I am not sure if thats a settings problem or what, but I've done a couple arty games, and its very difficult to get to point A to point B

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 11:09   Link #4019
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know, its really not the patience, its the scrolling that gets me... it takes forever for me to scroll from one block to another. I am not sure if thats a settings problem or what, but I've done a couple arty games, and its very difficult to get to point A to point B

- Tak
Hold CTRL, and right-click on the minimap to look at each particular grid square.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 11:16   Link #4020
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Hold CTRL, and right-click on the minimap to look at each particular grid square.
Thats what I do when i play arty, and now that I have the M41 and Hummel I always do it becuz that the quick way to play arty.

I got my T110E4 and I wrecked everything i saw and won. I gave a BiA to a platoon that wasn't mine becuz no one wanted to plat with me.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks