AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-24, 22:42   Link #4021
doyalike

Does anyone here know if Corona Frizini has a route in Madou Koukaku?
doyalike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 20:47   Link #4022
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Finished Grisaia no Rakuen completely (well minus the extra H-scenario's) and while playing it it seemed very good. But after letting it all sink it, it seems that this story is very flawed.

Let's start with the good. The first 60- 70% of the game was very good.
Spoiler for route spoiler:

My main problem was the final act
Spoiler for summary of the final act, thus huge spoilers:

My other complaint was the out of nowhere sci-fi, which was almost nonexistent in the previous 2 Grisaia games
Spoiler for Thanatos project:

The Afterstory was meh.
Spoiler for Afterstory:

The prologue chapter on the otherhand was very good
Spoiler for prologue:

It was however still a fun but short ride and reading Rakuen felt like as if i was watching Iron 3. The pacing, tension, characters and twists were good. The execution to the buildup of the first half of the story was excellent but the actual climax and main story was lacking

edit: i don't think Rakuen has explained what exactly happened in Kajitsu >_>
Spoiler for spoiler:

Also for the people who haven't played the game, don't read my spoilers. It takes the fun out of it if you decide to play it

Last edited by hyl; 2013-05-26 at 21:52.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 15:52   Link #4023
spasdas

no kazuki end?
spasdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 16:02   Link #4024
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasdas View Post
no kazuki end?
Unfortunately no, but there is a heroine choosen at the end of the afterstory and i know already that some might not like it
Spoiler for afterstory ending spoiler >_>, don't read it if you are going to read Rakuen:

edit:
forgot to add this: for me Rakuen has so far the best soundtrack from any eroge that i tried/read this year

Last edited by hyl; 2013-05-27 at 16:23.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 17:37   Link #4025
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Mah, I think I'll remain content with just Grisaia no Kajitsu. Some dramas were a bit too extreme, but overall I have enjoyed my time with it. I was never interested in part 2 and have no real motivation for Rakuen for the time being, at least. Just waiting for Da Capo 3 x-rated .

In the meantime I'm killing time with Maou to Odore - Code: Arcana and playing Sakurasou on PSP. It's not much VN-ish due to the heavy emphasis on the game-development schedule, but it has its share of funny moments so that I can hold out until the end. I won't go into further "details" as that would belong the thread in the sakurasou sub-forum, but Sorata's perma-tsukkomi act nearly every dang second sentence is nerve-wrecking after a while.
And I may try Ojousama wa Gokigen Naname (for no special reason).
Old 2013-05-27, 17:52   Link #4026
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

can someone give me their thoughts on this game.
http://vndb.org/v629

I'm trying to fill in the hole the Grisaia series left so I need some suggestions please
Old 2013-05-28, 03:29   Link #4027
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Half-time (sort of) report on Tsujidou-san no Junai Road.

This game is made by Minato Carnival, which I think is a sister company to Minato-soft, which is responsible for the Majikoi series. Playing through Tsujidou-san, I can see the resemblance; the humor, wacky characters, and quality story writing. If you liked Majikoi, there's a very good chance you'll like Tsujidou-san no Junai Road.

So I finished one of each of Ai and Maki's routes. This game is sssoooooooooooo gooooooood. I love it. It's got hilarious humor and heart-pulling drama, and everything on the spectrum in-between. I'm so glad I started this game on almost a whim after looking for another banchou game after Koiseyo Imouto Banchou. From my experience so far, both Ai and Maki's routes have their vast breadth of humor and great drama; emo enough it pulls the heartstrings but not so much that it becomes annoying. While the theme is similar, of a normal person like the protagonist and a delinquent girl falling in love, how each route does it is uniquely different and enjoyable in its own way. And I love how heroines don't just conveniently disappear from each others' routes, and instead play some part in each story.

Now if you really, really hate stories about delinquents and banchous then maybe you won't enjoy Tsujidou-san no Junai Road, but this game is soo damn good with its characters and story that I have to strongly recommend this to everyone. I marathoned Maki's route a whole night, slept four hours, and finished it after midnight. That's how much this game just holds you.
Old 2013-05-28, 04:10   Link #4028
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post

I'm trying to fill in the hole the Grisaia series left so I need some suggestions please
The problem with the Akatsuki no Goei trilogy is that the writer really can't be bothered to write proper endings. They are usually rushed and unsatisfying, with Shuumatsuron being totally unfinished, guess they ran out of time or money during the production.

Now, in terms of pure entertainment value it doesn't get much more awesome than Akagoei, the humour is amazing and always present, the characters are so much fun and with Kaito and Tsuki you pretty much get the best protag and the best maid of all time.

Kaito basically acts like a weak joker, so everybody always assumes that he is all bark and no bite even though he is freakishly powerful so it is always entertaining waiting for the wolf to shed its sheep clothing.

Read it for the humour and Kaito being a total badass but don't expect a grand conclusion for anything ever in this series. Also, Reminiscence comes out this Friday, it's set 150 years after Akagoei and shares some characters, with the main heroine being Kaito's daughter. My most wanted game for this month, can't wait.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 04:34   Link #4029
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Now, in terms of pure entertainment value it doesn't get much more awesome than Akagoei, the humour is amazing and always present, the characters are so much fun and with Kaito and Tsuki you pretty much get the best protag and the best maid of all time.
And there is Son, on top of that he is voiced by Midorikawa Hikaru with his several references to some of his other works. Can't really go wrong with that setup. Some of the gold moments came from Kaito's interaction with this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post

What Soviet wrote, though I'm not sure if it can replace Grisaia. It's definitely a fun series, but prepare to be offered with improper conclusions for most of the time.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 04:44   Link #4030
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Read it for the humour and Kaito being a total badass but don't expect a grand conclusion for anything ever in this series. Also, Reminiscence comes out this Friday, it's set 150 years after Akagoei and shares some characters, with the main heroine being Kaito's daughter. My most wanted game for this month, can't wait.
Holy shit. Really? Oh god now I have to check it out.

I loved the humor in all of Akatsuki no Goei's titles, and Kaito and Tsuki's tandem are the best for me with their witty and snarky back-and-forth banter. And I agree, the game falls flat on its face whenever it tries to come up with satisfying endings. And Shuumatsutron was completely screwed over during its first release, being a broken, glitchy mess that needed a patch just to get route progression right.

And Midorikawa Hikaru being reduced to a butt monkey was just comedy gold for me (I liked his character's sister in the third title though).
Old 2013-05-28, 04:50   Link #4031
n0m@n
C-Z

I love Akatsuki no Goei series. You dont look at the plot. You have to enjoy the conversation between the characters and their humour to enjoy it. Yeah, plot-wise it wont satisfy those people who is looking for eroge with strong plot. But the dialogues and jokes are the funniest among all the eroge I played. Hence my favourite eroge of all time.

If you play the fandisc(the second one), you wont be available to stop laughing when you play the extra route about Son losing his virginity. There is a warning sign which pops up saying, "Due to his wishes, his pen$%& is portrayed bigger"(Kaito said its small like hell).
Old 2013-05-28, 05:13   Link #4032
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Don't get me wrong, I loved the hell out of it, and I really wish more comedy eroges were around like Akatsuki no Goei (and MapleColors/MapleColors 2/Unival/that Sengoku Gakuen title by the same company). I just wished that it had better endings and a better, more coherent story so that overall it'd be strong, but its humor was enough to win me over.

I enjoyed the fandisc so much my sides were hurting at most of the gags, but I also loved the Tsuki-Kaito dynamic in it in Tsuki's route.

Now I have to go off and reinstall Unival Paranormal Girls whachamacallit. The humor in that one cracked me up badly too.
Old 2013-05-28, 10:25   Link #4033
n0m@n
C-Z

Lol. Yeah, the ending is weak. The PSP version added a special ending for Reika:s route in the remake of the second one. Though PSP version had to take out certain comments/dialogues which was quite disappointing. I loved Raita:s philosophy of Used-product(secondhand girls) are trashes and stuff and how he was the victim of bullying.
Old 2013-05-28, 12:53   Link #4034
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I wish I found out about Reminiscence earlier. Trying out the trial now, and the option to bother Aksella's cleaning had me in stitches (and the resulting "reward" as good eye candy, mmmmmmmmmm).

I missed this kind of humor. All the tongue-in-cheek insults, tsukkomi-boke, breaking the fourth wall gags, oh god how I miss them all since my last AkaGoei title.
Old 2013-05-28, 15:19   Link #4035
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Anyone tried G-Senjou Mahou yet? It has very little sex scenes and not much in term of rape...but god the story is sad .

Spoiler for Painful spoilers:
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 15:46   Link #4036
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
I wish I found out about Reminiscence earlier. Trying out the trial now, and the option to bother Aksella's cleaning had me in stitches (and the resulting "reward" as good eye candy, mmmmmmmmmm).

I missed this kind of humor. All the tongue-in-cheek insults, tsukkomi-boke, breaking the fourth wall gags, oh god how I miss them all since my last AkaGoei title.
Reminiscence seems more plot-focused and not really mostly a comedy like the Akagoei games though. The humor is still awesome and the character-interaction is ace but it has a much more serious tone going by the trial.

Looking forward to how Aki's route is going to play out in the game, you don't see this kind of brother-sister relationship very often. They really fucking hate each other. And not in the cute harmless "onii-chan no baka!"-way, it's actually deep burning hatred, pure and absolute.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 20:35   Link #4037
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Reminiscence seems more plot-focused and not really mostly a comedy like the Akagoei games though. The humor is still awesome and the character-interaction is ace but it has a much more serious tone going by the trial.

Looking forward to how Aki's route is going to play out in the game, you don't see this kind of brother-sister relationship very often. They really fucking hate each other. And not in the cute harmless "onii-chan no baka!"-way, it's actually deep burning hatred, pure and absolute.
Maybe something a bit similar to what happened between Kaede and MC from Shuffle! Kaede hated the MC(forgot his name) after her mother:s death since she believed her mother died because of MC, though she changed before the game began(It wasnt his fault, but he just made stuff up to help her get her conciousness back or something). Yeah, its definitely not a love-hate sibling relationship but a pure hate-hate thing. Its really hard to imagine what you have to go through to hate your sibling to that extent.

One more good thing about Reminiscene is.....we have Yuuki back! It doesnt hurt to have a character we are familiar with(Though his hair changed).
Old 2013-05-28, 23:31   Link #4038
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:

I love the comedy because it's familiar ground, but the serious tone of the story has me wondering if I should take it with a grain of salt or not - mostly because my experience with AkaGoei is still fresh in my mind. When it comes to coming up with stories with serious tones, this writer starts off strong enough, but starts to lose it when he has to tie things up altogether or end them properly. I'm afraid that the main game is going to have some severe out-of-character moments once you go down certain routes (like Aki's, probably - though this is just early speculation on my part).

And the sibling loathing thing, yes. It's not just something new you see aside from the oniichan imouto pandering that's common out there, but their hatred of each other is so genuine that it's just refreshing to behold for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
One more good thing about Reminiscene is.....we have Yuuki back! It doesnt hurt to have a character we are familiar with(Though his hair changed).
Same. I was laughing pretty hard when Yuuki showed up and he and the lead suddenly bonded together over breasts.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-05-28 at 23:48. Reason: Typing is not my strongest skill set after having just woken up
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 00:26   Link #4039
cranston

Has anyone got recommendations on imouto-moe games? Moe being more important than H.
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 04:55   Link #4040
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranston View Post
Has anyone got recommendations on imouto-moe games? Moe being more important than H.
I have one: Koiseyo Imouto Banchou. Unless you dislike banchous, this one's got insanely cute and moe imoutos up to your ears. It's also more moe than H. And icing on cake, it's got great action too.

Eina. Greatest tsundere, easily-embarrassed imouto ever.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel