AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-15, 22:08   Link #2701
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

The necklace basically comes down to Ruri vs Shana, depending on if Ruri can amass enough of an SDO lead (because she won't be able to beat Shana in a frontal match). Azusa might take some votes away from them, but ultimately unless a miracle happens, she'll have lower SDO than Shana and lower votes as well.

Also, sapphire 5 results is out. Not much surprises, other than Nadeko barely holding on against Kyou (what happened?). Lol Holo lost another match to a weak level 4.
Old 2011-07-15, 22:22   Link #2702
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Tenshi beats a higher ranked opponent, but drops in the rankings. This really is the BCS of saimoe leagues
Old 2011-07-15, 22:27   Link #2703
hinakatbklyn

Actually a higher ranked opponent would result in higher points, but most of Mikoto's opponents were winning as well. That gives Mikoto a temporary overall lead in the standings. They will both have to face each other to break the tie though.
Old 2011-07-15, 22:51   Link #2704
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Also, sapphire 5 results is out. Not much surprises, other than Nadeko barely holding on against Kyou (what happened?). Lol Holo lost another match to a weak level 4.
For Nadeko - I blame USA for once XD (Nadeko sweeps Asia with exception of China, but even there it's 50.9 v. 49.1...)

For Holo - Just give up XD...if her fluke wins (Sorry, I have to say it) early on isn't telling (I mean, winning by 200 WAY back in Aquamarine against the like of Iwasawa?).

Then I look back at Seeding...she REALLY have it easy anyway...

For Round 7 prediction
Spoiler:

Last edited by ion475; 2011-07-15 at 23:44.
Old 2011-07-15, 23:31   Link #2705
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Tenshi beats a higher ranked opponent, but drops in the rankings. This really is the BCS of saimoe leagues
Uh... no... you must have looked at the rankings wrong as Kanade beat a lower ranked opponent than Misaka this round she beat Louise who is ranked 33th, and Misaka beat Konata ranked 25th, so that was enough to cause the shift since SDO matters more than VD .
MAL
Old 2011-07-16, 00:05   Link #2706
Team Rocket Elite

This round really shows the different between the top half and the bottom half of the tier 2 characters. Kuroneko, Taiga and Haruhi all aim for around 60% on Yui, Charlotte and Hirasawa Yui. It wasn't going to be close, but I thought Kuroneko would have a harder time with Yui and I didn't think Taiga would get so far past 60%. Once again a lot of the top tiers just completely blast their opponents. Eucliwood, Shana and Yuki in particular crushed their opponents worse than I expected. Azusa on the other hand has a bit of trouble with Fate. Kagami makes a good run at Saber. Saber still won but she can't really afford to screw up any close matches if she wants to make the Top 16.
Old 2011-07-16, 00:17   Link #2707
broken270
Defying gravity

The only thing I have to say is this: Holo's fanbase either shrunk or disappeared.
Old 2011-07-16, 00:40   Link #2708
Forsaken_Infinity

I am at least Glad to see someone else leading this ISML for once :\
Old 2011-07-16, 01:15   Link #2709
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I am at least Glad to see someone else leading this ISML for once :\
Does this mean less hate?
Old 2011-07-16, 10:36   Link #2710
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Lol Holo lost another match to a weak level 4.

LOL? Now that's just mean.

I am finally convinced that the people of Hong Kong and PRC hate me. Why? I know not.
But, seriously, you can't even attempt to put up a rational argument to justify SOME of the losses she has sustained other than what broken put forward.
The question is "where did they go?"

*Sigh* This is just getting painful.
And for some reason, I get the feeling there are a few folks here enjoying this.
Old 2011-07-16, 10:57   Link #2711
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
The only thing I have to say is this: Holo's fanbase either shrunk or disappeared.
What fanbase.

*flame shield*
GANBARIMASU
Old 2011-07-16, 11:58   Link #2712
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
*Sigh* This is just getting painful.
And for some reason, I get the feeling there are a few folks here enjoying this.
I think that means you've joined the ranks of the Nanoha fanbase (more specifically Fate's fanbase)...in terms of feeling. Perhaps even the Rozen Maiden and Negima fanbases, but they sort of vanished without a trace.
Old 2011-07-16, 14:40   Link #2713
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I think that means you've joined the ranks of the Nanoha fanbase (more specifically Fate's fanbase)...in terms of feeling. Perhaps even the Rozen Maiden and Negima fanbases, but they sort of vanished without a trace.
Might've been better for their fire to extinguish brilliantly than to be sickly and bedridden for the last year of their life. AST allows that to happen, but ISML sucks the life out of veterans until they can fight no more before allowing them to vanish.

The only solace in this is that I get to see Kirino go through the same thing in the future. One day. /hater
Old 2011-07-16, 14:45   Link #2714
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
The only solace in this is that I get to see Kirino go through the same thing in the future. One day. /hater
This will eventually happen to Azusa.
Old 2011-07-16, 14:58   Link #2715
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
This will eventually happen to Azusa.
FFFFUUU I was trying not to think about that.
Old 2011-07-16, 15:18   Link #2716
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Might've been better for their fire to extinguish brilliantly than to be sickly and bedridden for the last year of their life. AST allows that to happen, but ISML sucks the life out of veterans until they can fight no more before allowing them to vanish.
So ISML is basically Kyubey?

I guess that explains why almost all of ISML's competitors are teenage girls, as per Kyubey's recruitment criteria.
Old 2011-07-16, 15:48   Link #2717
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Can't exactly blame the system when those veterans keep getting vote in during prelim over and over just to get toss around...

I guess they should go to KBM rule or something if they want veteran presence while not having them hanging around for way too long...
Old 2011-07-16, 16:28   Link #2718
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So ISML is basically Kyubey?

I guess that explains why almost all of ISML's competitors are teenage girls, as per Kyubey's recruitment criteria.
I thought everyone knew ISML brings despair to all and that it actually stands for It Sucks My Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Can't exactly blame the system when those veterans keep getting vote in during prelim over and over just to get toss around...

I guess they should go to KBM rule or something if they want veteran presence while not having them hanging around for way too long...
Allowing them to only enter a certain amount of times? Maybe... I assume ISML hasn't implemented this rule because it trusts in the flow of time to adjust people's feelings accordingly, and that letting some characters normally die off on their own and others rise up on their own is simply the best way to go about it. It's the most natural and fair method without bring in too many rules and restrictions, although it has its own disadvantages as well.

...This reminds me of those gov lessons on property rights and government intervention. Moe is no longer science guys, it's politics.
Old 2011-07-16, 17:40   Link #2719
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Allowing them to only enter a certain amount of times? Maybe... I assume ISML hasn't implemented this rule because it trusts in the flow of time to adjust people's feelings accordingly, and that letting some characters normally die off on their own and others rise up on their own is simply the best way to go about it. It's the most natural and fair method without bring in too many rules and restrictions, although it has its own disadvantages as well.

...This reminds me of those gov lessons on property rights and government intervention. Moe is no longer science guys, it's politics.
It's just a side suggestion, nothing more. I mean, I'm fine with the current system and believe that it's the most fair. As I said, it's not the system's fault that people just keep voting those old girls in just to be destroyed...

At least old girls do bring diversity that's sorely lacked at times...(I probably won't stop griping about the like of Iwasawa and Shiina until the end...)
Old 2011-07-16, 18:24   Link #2720
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Well, I'll just have to vote for Holo until she is no longer included and then just support the next most moe girl... which will be an far distant second!

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament