AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-02, 23:16   Link #281
kaisama

Quote:
Currently, the P4 dub seems pretty good. However, some of the remaining characters have yet to be heard. I guess, as long as the English VA for Rise won't try to imitate the voice of Kugi, it should be fine. After all, that kind of voice doesn't work in English. (-_-)"
it doesn't work in Japanese either.....

Rise's English voice is a hell lot better than Japanese voice.
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 22:58   Link #282
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

So I ignored P4 for a while until I was reminded of it in a kotaku article. Hope I don't sound like some kinda purist or nihongo fanboy, but...

I went to the US site to see how the dubs sounded, since I was curious. After listening to Chie, my super-impulsive side wanted to hit whoever the hell Danielle Judovits was in the face. Yukiko's voice actor's performance actually matched Chie more. I wonder why the dub casting directors don't really think of the voices' sounds compared to the originals as a first priorty. Sometimes, it sure doesn't seem like they do.

Actually, they could simply solve the problem by switching the VAs of Chie and Yukiko. And since they did so well in pronounciation of several foreign names in the last game, someone needs to help Yukiko say "Inaba". Everyone else is at least somewhat fine so far.

That's all of my gripes.
Old 2008-11-11, 01:21   Link #283
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
So I ignored P4 for a while until I was reminded of it in a kotaku article. Hope I don't sound like some kinda purist or nihongo fanboy, but...

I went to the US site to see how the dubs sounded, since I was curious. After listening to Chie, my super-impulsive side wanted to hit whoever the hell Danielle Judovits was in the face. Yukiko's voice actor's performance actually matched Chie more. I wonder why the dub casting directors don't really think of the voices' sounds compared to the originals as a first priorty. Sometimes, it sure doesn't seem like they do.

Actually, they could simply solve the problem by switching the VAs of Chie and Yukiko. And since they did so well in pronounciation of several foreign names in the last game, someone needs to help Yukiko say "Inaba". Everyone else is at least somewhat fine so far.

That's all of my gripes.
That's mean! (>_<)

Actually, after watching the full trailer, I sort of get used to it. There is nothing wrong with NA's version of Persona 4 at all.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 01:50   Link #284
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, if you ask me, better they screw up Chie rather than Rise, because Rise is pretty much a given no matter what your party would be. Wouldn't want P3 to happen again, would we? (*gasp* The enemy!)

I mean, this comment is the entire reason why Fuuka failed in P3...
Quote:
I wonder why the dub casting directors don't really think of the voices' sounds compared to the originals as a first priorty.
It really felt like they tried to get someone who sounded like Noto's signature breathy voice moreso than someone who can act, and they failed quite miserably because of it (no offense to the English VA fans of Fuuka, but general consensus puts her to be the weakest of the all the English VAs).

And I shiver at the thought of the dub directors trying to find an English VA who would sound like Kugimiya... man, am I ever glad they didn't take that route. (BTW, English Rise from what little I've heard is awesome, despite not sounding anywhere near like Kugimiya)

But that's all assuming they screwed up Chie in the first place. Sure, it's a very far cry from Hocchan's version, but I'm withholding judgement until I play the game because I don't know if it matches the personality. That said, I really did like Hocchan's 'Rakusho, rakusho!' victory quote, and am going to miss it dearly. I'd even put Chie's VA to be the weakest of what I've heard so far, but then again, I'm a hocchan fan. XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 07:36   Link #285
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I bought myself 360 and I still think that this game will own all the ones I bought so far for it. Seriously, I was crazy about P3 and I can't wait for December 9th for it fourth one to come out. From what I saw on the trailers the cast looks nice but I still need to see their personalities to fully judge them.
Old 2008-11-11, 07:36   Link #286
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, if you ask me, better they screw up Chie rather than Rise, because Rise is pretty much a given no matter what your party would be. Wouldn't want P3 to happen again, would we? (*gasp* The enemy!)

I agree to some point, but even so.. Chie would still be part of my party, I mean I don't see the point in going to battle with a character less early in the game, that would be much difficult. More over, she is one of the better characters, regardless of the VA, it shouldn't ruin the game.

Fuuka on the other hand was doing the role of the navigator, kinda like Rise and Kuma. It was rather annoying to hear her same comment 500+ times when the VA wasn't doing a good job.
Old 2008-11-11, 07:46   Link #287
Sciel
Etoilé

This is my most anticipated game of 2008 . Hopefully i can get a copy through PlayAsia or else i might have to play it through...less legal means .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 18:42   Link #288
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

*snip*

It really felt like they tried to get someone who sounded like Noto's signature breathy voice moreso than someone who can act, and they failed quite miserably because of it (no offense to the English VA fans of Fuuka, but general consensus puts her to be the weakest of the all the English VAs).
Well that's true. Even though the sound is important, acting is still very important. They should've chosen the runner up VA in looking for a voice to match Noto's, that is, if the runner up had better acting. Though, they really should've at least considered switching Chie's NA VA with Yukiko's for the sake of voice accuracy. From their acting that I've seen, I don't know why they wouldn't be able to pull eachother's parts off (that sounds so violent, but you know what I mean).
Old 2008-11-13, 13:43   Link #289
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I bought myself 360 and I still think that this game will own all the ones I bought so far for it. Seriously, I was crazy about P3 and I can't wait for December 9th for it fourth one to come out. From what I saw on the trailers the cast looks nice but I still need to see their personalities to fully judge them.
Feel kind of bad that I didn't seriously focus on this game until recently. On the positive now its not too long before it comes out. Release date works well since thats just about at the end of my winter exams. After remembering how good P3 was to play definitely getting excited for this one.

Haven't heard many of the voices, but I'm just hoping they don't pull a Fuuka. Apologies for the person doing the voice, but it just sounded bad.
Old 2008-11-13, 17:06   Link #290
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Haven't heard many of the voices, but I'm just hoping they don't pull a Fuuka. Apologies for the person doing the voice, but it just sounded bad.
Chie has fallen prey to this. Though instead of a lack of emotion, she overdoes it ;_;
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:40   Link #291
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Chie has fallen prey to this. Though instead of a lack of emotion, she overdoes it ;_;
Is it that bad? I mean to the level you'll be temped to mute the screen whenever she speaks? Oh well guess its rare to get every single character spot on.
Old 2008-11-13, 23:25   Link #292
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Is it that bad? I mean to the level you'll be temped to mute the screen whenever she speaks? Oh well guess its rare to get every single character spot on.
All you got to do is get to use to it. Honestly, after watching both the debut trailer and the full trailer, I am starting to see nothing wrong with Chie's voice at all.
Old 2008-11-14, 00:11   Link #293
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
All you got to do is get to use to it. Honestly, after watching both the debut trailer and the full trailer, I am starting to see nothing wrong with Chie's voice at all.
Crazy enough I decided to go to the official site and listen a bit. It is a pretty 'strong' voice. But think its one I'll get used to as I play.

Well glad I got the pre-order in. Now its just getting through some busy weeks and exams.
Old 2008-11-14, 00:47   Link #294
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

And to those who doesn't know yet, Amazon.com and .ca are selling the S-Link Expansion pack on pre-order. It's 30 bucks, but most importantly it has the 2nd soundtrack CD, which when combined the 1st CD in the game, it would have all the tracks the OST offers AFAIK. Sure it doesn't have the case AFAIK, but considering I see that the OST goes for 50 bucks alone in EBay, I still say it's a good deal if you're getting the game anyways.

Plus, P2:Eternal Punishment is getting a reprint, for 40 bucks. Pretty expensive for a PSX game, but then again, I bought mine used for 45 back then (which with inflation should be around 55 now) and some stores are still selling it for 100+ bucks still. I myself got another copy, despite having the first print in front of me still. XD

Nevermind, P2:EP reprint is sold out... one day after the pre-order is announced. >_>

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2008-11-14 at 01:06.
Old 2008-11-14, 05:52   Link #295
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Really is an incredible amount of pre-order goodness coming with this game. I almost never pre-order, but this really had to become an exception to the rule. Though with my budget will probably have to stick with the straightforward package that has the game, cd, and the art book. Which is a really nice package as it is.

Crazy how fast that reprint sold out. Though maybe its not too surprising. Since the older copies prices got to that point because there is such a demand for it.
Old 2008-12-03, 17:56   Link #296
Shadow Kira01

http://www.n4g.com/ps2/News-238168.aspx

Persona 4 will make it to Europe under the Square-Enix label, very surprisingly though. Square-Enix seems to be going through a lot of changes, most of which are unexpected in a very positive light, of course. Square-Enix is awesome!!! (^_^)
Old 2008-12-03, 18:51   Link #297
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
http://www.n4g.com/ps2/News-238168.aspx

Persona 4 will make it to Europe under the Square-Enix label, very surprisingly though. Square-Enix seems to be going through a lot of changes, most of which are unexpected in a very positive light, of course. Square-Enix is awesome!!! (^_^)

I say the release date will be late January or February.

Spoiler for ugh:
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 22:46   Link #298
solarknight123

Just got my Persona 4 game and i can't wait to play it!!! But i am so ticked off that the gamestop i went to ran out of the artbooks that came with the game when you preordered it!!!!. Not only that, but they called one or two more gamestops in the area and ran out as well, what the hell! So anyone able to get the artbook with the game?
Old 2008-12-10, 00:08   Link #299
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

That's the reason why I stopped trusting brick-and-mortar stores. I've had multiple instances of me being practically the first one to pre-order a game, and it's still first come first serve on the pre-order bonuses, and I usually am the lucky one out. >_>

I recently changed to ordering online, which while more expensive due to shipping (I live outside of US), it has never failed me at all except for one incident.

BTW, the artbook is great. Spoileriffic, but nothing I didn't know already since some smart GFAQer made a post without spoiler tags a long time ago.
Old 2008-12-10, 02:00   Link #300
Shadow Kira01

I will have to wait awhile before playing it.. I do have some concerns:

1) Does the disc error affect most ps2 or just some?
2) Is the disc error related to the ps2 or the disc itself?
3) Hopefully, it won't get sold out within a week or two. ( ^_^; )

Tags
ps2