AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 7 10.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 15.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 37.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-11, 11:33   Link #61
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I wanna see badass Yuji. He's geeting better and better.
Old 2008-02-11, 11:41   Link #62
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
7/10

I've been lenient with this series so far, but right now, all I can say is you don't need an episode with no action to advance the plot. This episode was probably needed somehow, but the quality of SnS II wavers so much I'm not sure what to expect anymore.
Old 2008-02-11, 12:09   Link #63
Deathscyther

I think that the konoe-arc ruined season 2 for most of the people. Usually there aren't many complains for decent/good 'plot advancing' episodes. But because there have been so many 'weak' episodes in the beginning, people complain very easily now.
Old 2008-02-11, 13:07   Link #64
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
I wanna see badass Yuji. He's geeting better and better.
i highly doubt that many people would like him when he turns badass, emo kids are always better.
Old 2008-02-11, 14:24   Link #65
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

8\10

Yuuji turning badass, propably after things which we haven`t seen in the anime (SoF`s influence?). Tanaka choosing his own way and Satou choosing his. Wilhelmina`s fear of Sabrac. Perfect. Only letdown of this ep was whole buncha QUALITY scenes.
Old 2008-02-11, 15:19   Link #66
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Despite the needed lack of Yoshida, this ep wasn't any better than last week's.

Let's see, where to start? Ah yes, let's start with the disappointment. The disappointment of watching Shana and Yuji for weeks on end only to find out that 2 side characters have advanced further in 1 episode than they can ever hope to. My hat's off to Margery's right-hand men. Tanaka, congratulations I guess? **shuts the door on him** Satou. Oh my dear Satou. I was hoping you would become a Flame Haze and fight alongside your Ane-san, but I guess becoming a filing clerk is almost as good.

Yuji, as interesting as it is to watch you train, the fact that you can just now sense killing intent disappoints Grimkill. Perhaps you need an 80s montage to move things along?

I can't even wrap my head around the rest of this episode to comment on it. We have the mention of Sabrac and Wilhelmina's encounter with him. We also have the attacks on Outlaw. Neither of which interest me to a point of talking about them.

Oh, and Ike has officially pissed me off. I KNOW that I didn't just watch him dealing out more relationship advice (what is it, like the 3rd time this season?) while he hasn't even made a single attempt to get "I wish I was up there with Sakai-kun" (NOTE: This is in fact what I will be calling her from this point on) off of our backs.
Old 2008-02-11, 15:46   Link #67
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

A really interesting episode.
Old 2008-02-11, 16:00   Link #68
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

...Tsk, tsk. Underutilization of human resources.

Maybe if they had security cameras or something, they'd have noticed the horde of trolls flying around. Defensive spells, anyone? How about using the internet, too. Harder to attack a base if it's spread out amongst a whole bunch of smaller nodes and not bunched up. Or spread-out human sentries, watching for guze activity? Meh.
Old 2008-02-11, 16:17   Link #69
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
...Tsk, tsk. Underutilization of human resources.

Maybe if they had security cameras or something, they'd have noticed the horde of trolls flying around. Defensive spells, anyone? How about using the internet, too. Harder to attack a base if it's spread out amongst a whole bunch of smaller nodes and not bunched up. Or spread-out human sentries, watching for guze activity? Meh.
Beings of the Crimson Realm do not use earthling technology like the intarweb. I think it's a matter of pride. They figure that since they have their fancy unrestricted methods, they don't need to rely on humans for anything. Yet they are not above sampling our delicious food and enjoying our festivals. Maybe if Flame Hazes actually carried cellphones or something, Outlaw wouldn't have gotten owned so hard. And if Tomogaras had the internet, they would be too busy dling pr0n to come to earth and feed on the existence of humans. It's not just opinion, it's fact.
Old 2008-02-11, 17:26   Link #70
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Yoshi

Not much to say that hasn't been already.

A little on the slow side, presumably setting up for some action in the near future. Props to Tanaka for sticking with his woman. He wasn't going to able to do much helping Margery anyhow, might as well actively protect what's important to him.

At this point they've worn out the Yoshida/Pheles flashbacks. The hogu will play an important roll in the future, we get it. And while I don't dislike Yoshida, she does need to become active in some way other than Yuji's admirer. While it was passable for season one, the role is becoming stagnated.

The look on Shana's face when she's disarmed was priceless.
Old 2008-02-11, 17:33   Link #71
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
i highly doubt that many people would like him when he turns badass, emo kids are always better.
Haven't you heard of "Gar"?
Old 2008-02-11, 17:40   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ah just when I thought we finally seen the end of teh "I won't lose, I won't lose either" talk we now got the "I want to stand where Yuji is" and "use this to summon me" flashback crap.......really how many times do they have to repeat these lines

its all rather tedious at this point, really hope we get to see something cool next. Infact I want to see something epic!!!
Old 2008-02-11, 18:03   Link #73
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
And if Tomogaras had the internet, they would be too busy dling pr0n to come to earth and feed on the existence of humans. It's not just opinion, it's fact.
QFT

I can totally imagine Friagne fapping to fetishist pr0n.

Seriously though, I agree. Flame Hazes rely on their power too much and really underestimate humanity`s abilities and technology. Cellphones and interwebs would really help FHs deal with Tomogaras.

Imagine a site where FHs would post about Tomogara`s activity. Even if a normal human (by that I mean a human who doesn`t know the Truth Of The World) stumbled upon it, he\she would most propably ignore it or take it as a case of SF fanboyism.

Of course, we would have to consider the possibility of that site being raided by angered *chan faggots.

Well, now that I think about it, maybe things should better stay as they are now...
Old 2008-02-11, 18:46   Link #74
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
And if Tomogaras had the internet, they would be too busy dling pr0n to come to earth and feed on the existence of humans. It's not just opinion, it's fact.

As if some Tomogaras can't get enough pleasure.
They might see the Internet as a brand new treasure.
Sydonay would be searching for young minors
like a hunter looking for pearls
Or Bel Peol would be posing seductively
As the Balle Masque's very own web-cam girl.
The internet may be good to them like fine old wine.
Because they might see a vid of the Aizen twins making out online.
Old 2008-02-11, 18:52   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
As if some Tomogaras can't get enough pleasure.
They might see the Internet as a brand new treasure.
Sydonay would be searching for young minors
like a hunter looking for pearls
Or Bel Peol would be posing seductively
As the Balle Masque's very own web-cam girl.
The internet may be good to them like fine old wine.
Because they might see a vid of the Aizen twins making out online.
You have an awful lot of time on your hands.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-11, 19:14   Link #76
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
You have an awful lot of time on your hands.
No, I came up with that poem in five minutes.
Old 2008-02-11, 20:21   Link #77
_DaViD_
~(=ω=.)~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yoshida is so bloody boring.

How many freaking times are they are going to flashback to Pheles telling her what that cross is for? How many times is she going to repeat herself in hopes of affirmation?

"IF MY LOVE FOR YUJI IS REAL BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

WE GOT IT THE FIRST TIME ALREADY.

I wish she'd use it and call Pheles to say Yuji can't tie his shoes or some crap, just so she'd be out of the picture already.

And I swear I've gotten more out of the past few episodes in regards to Satou, Tanaka, and Ogata then I have this entire season with the main characters. Seriously, how am I supposed to be entertained / excited over them LOOKING OVER PAPERWORK? Are you freaking serious?

Wow.
lol yeah, yoshida can be a good character BUT shes so freaking annoying remembering the same damn scene and always saying the same damn words "i want to be by yuji's side"
YOU CANT OK SHUT UP lol
1 time is fine, 2 is like ok we got it but 324324235 times already is like "GODD*MN WE GOT IT STOP WASTING OUR VALUABLE AIR TIME"

Also there's 1 thing i dont get, if in the Outlaw there are Flame Hazes Why they couldn't sense the "metamorphosis" guy before crashing there? 0.o
Old 2008-02-11, 20:54   Link #78
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Animation was off put at several shots for this episode.

The second season has completely separated itself from its predecessor.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-11, 21:06   Link #79
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The sad part is... it seems that Shana don't want Badass Yuji >_>
Old 2008-02-11, 21:07   Link #80
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Shana wants to be the "man" in the relationship.