Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 02:06   Link #141
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yup, and Whitebeard also has underlings. Who will keep the more powerful WG underlings busy.

And resorting to calling me a 'bug ass' does not really strengthen your point. Could we please stay civil here?
Old 2009-05-24, 02:10   Link #142
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Yes but the Yellow Monkey vs Silvers also has shown that there underlings are more then enough to crush Luffy, bug a$$.
And we don't know how any of this is going to fold out. I mean, who expected that Blackbeard would show up at Impel Down? Luffy is the man who narrowly escaped death by a nanosecond all thanks to a lightning strike (back in Loguetown) Yes, if it was set in stone that Luffy would have to fight a bunch of the Shichibukai or Admirals or these other big guys I'd be the first to agree that he doesn't stand a chance. But it's not set in stone. Aside from Magellan and/or Shiryuu we don't know who he's going to fight. But that's the thing about Luffy, he doesn't think about the consequences or how insurmountable the odds. He's there and he's going to rescue Ace come hell or high water.
Old 2009-05-24, 02:11   Link #143
Master Mold
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
What's so hard to understand is the fact that we simply do not know what is going to happen.
Never said, "I do know whats going to happen."

Quote:
Simply because members of the WG and the Whitebeard crew are stronger than Luffy and his gang, doesn't mean that Luffy and his gang will actually encounter any of them. They could just as easily use the confusion of the epic battle to sneak into the execution grounds and free Ace.
You act as if there won't be battle waiting for Luffy and co? Jinbei may due battle with some one and Croc might as well? Whats a lone ant to do in a thunder storm?

Quote:
I do not know what will happen, but at least I am willing to accept the various different outcomes that we can speculate on now.
I don't expect bad writing to happen.

Quote:
Ivankov's words were from before Luffy convinced Ivankov, Inazuma, the various Okama brigade, and Crocodile and Jinbei to join "The Cause". So, current canon, greater than previous canon...
Only way for that canon to be debunked is if Luffy saves Ace. (Which would be bad written IMO)

Quote:
Or, Kizaru won't even be near the area that Ace is being kept and consequently never encounter Luffy. Simply because someone is stronger than Luffy doesn't mean that the person will actually encounter Luffy anytime soon. Just look at the fact that Blackbeard even showed up on Impel Down (and will probably simply leave Luffy alone). Who could have predicted that 'twist'?
As I have said before, it don't have to be Yellow, there are members of said powers able to chase Luffy away.

Quote:
Again, you do not seem to comprehend that we cannot say for certain that Luffy will even encounter a Pacifista. Unless you are Oda in disguise (which would explain the various grammatical errors j/k :P), you cannot say with full certainty that Luffy will encounter Kizaru, or a Pacifista, or Shanks, or Roger, of God, or Buddha, or Enel, et cetera, et cetera. All we can say right now is that Luffy is going to attempt to free Ace, whether he does or not is unknown currently.
I never said its going to happen like this or that.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-24 at 02:30.
Old 2009-05-24, 02:12   Link #144
Master Mold
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yup, and Whitebeard also has underlings. Who will keep the more powerful WG underlings busy.
Yeah, and have Luffy up stage Whitebeard in his so called final moments.

Quote:
And resorting to calling me a 'bug ass' does not really strengthen your point. Could we please stay civil here?
I didn't call you a bug a$$, the comma was a typo, I was calling Luffy the bug a$$.
Old 2009-05-24, 02:19   Link #145
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, and have Luffy up stage Whitebeard in his so called final moments.
Basically, yes. The World Government will be using all its most powerful resources to hold Whitebeard at bay. Meanwhile, Luffy uses the back door (the entrance from Impel Down) to sneak in. While all the powerful enemies are busy trying to fend of Whitebeard, Luffy snatches Ace and high-tails out.

Luffy saves Ace, and he doesn't have to fight those he can't match yet. Pirates: 1 World Government: 0.
Old 2009-05-24, 02:29   Link #146
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Basically, yes. The World Government will be using all its most powerful resources to hold Whitebeard at bay. Meanwhile, Luffy uses the back door (the entrance from Impel Down) to sneak in. While all the powerful enemies are busy trying to fend of Whitebeard, Luffy snatches Ace and high-tails out.

Luffy saves Ace, and he doesn't have to fight those he can't match yet. Pirates: 1 World Government: 0.
So Luffy up stages Whitebeard in his so called final moments, for Luffy to be the big hero while Whirebeard dies rather then sacrifice his life to save his son, marking the end of his era with no huge impact for his side. Guess Luffy is the only important one in this.
Old 2009-05-24, 02:34   Link #147
Nobodyman9
Banned

^Oh, I didn't know you could see into the future Master Mold.

All right forget it. Obviously we're not getting anywhere, but I'll tell you what. A few weeks or months from now we're going to get one hell of an epic Ace rescue, and it when it happens it's going to be freakin' awesome and immensely satisfying. And I am going to laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh.

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2009-05-24 at 02:49.
Old 2009-05-24, 02:39   Link #148
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
^Oh, I didn't know you were clairvoyant Master Mold.
Naw, just me using the logic and hopes of other users against others, mixed in with my own hint of spice. its pretty fun.

Quote:
All right forget it. Obviously we're not getting anywhere, but I'll tell you what. A few weeks or months from now we're going to get one hell of an epic Ace rescue, and it when it happens it's going to be freakin' awesome and immensely satisfying. And I am going to laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh.
I hope the feeling is mutual.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-24 at 02:53.
Old 2009-05-24, 03:01   Link #149
james0246

Quote:
Never said, "I do know whats going to happen."
Well, every single statement you make sure makes it seem like it better happen your way, or else it is simply bad...

Quote:
You act as if there won't be battle waiting for Luffy and co? Jinbei may due battle with some one and Croc might as well? Whats a lone ant to do in a thunder storm?
I never said that Luffy and company would not fight. Rather, if you will go back over my posts, I drew a direct comparison to the Skypiea arc, hinting that Luffy and company would "sail through" to the finals (i.e. the area Ace is being held in), much as they did in the Skypiea arc, before encountering an extremely strong opponent that requires a serious effort to defeat.

Quote:
I don't expect bad writing to happen.
Why is it bad writing...I mean besides that it is different from what you want ? Not only does Luffy have an equal connection to Ace as Whitebeard, but the fact that he is not the superior warrior on the battle field would make Luffy's accomplishment all the sweeter and potentially more interesting (yes it sounds cool for Whitebeard to simply own all until he frees Ace, but that is a fairly dry, some might say ultimately boring, route because it offers no real thrills or surprises - it’s more fun to see a weaker opponent struggle to defeat a superior foe, than it is too see a superior opponent defeat a weaker foe). You are misappropriating Whitebeard's fall (which, if we can trust Garp's words, would happen now whether Ace were to die or not) with Ace's freedom.

That being said, the scenario I am currently expecting is Luffy freeing Ace, but Whitebeard creating the chance for them to escape. Consequently, Whitebeard does ensure Ace's freedom and safety, and Whitebeard ends up sacrificing himself to make sure that Luffy and Ace escape, but it is Luffy who frees Ace from the jail cell. That way, Whitebeard can go out protecting his nakama, and the end of an era can occur in a magnificent display of heroism.
Old 2009-05-24, 03:10   Link #150
Master Mold
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, every single statement you make sure makes it seem like it better happen your way, or else it is simply bad...
Nope. I expect good written.

Quote:
I never said that Luffy and company would not fight. Rather, if you will go back over my posts, I drew a direct comparison to the Skypiea arc, hinting that Luffy and company would "sail through" to the finals (i.e. the area Ace is being held in), much as they did in the Skypiea arc, before encountering an extremely strong opponent that requires a serious effort to defeat.
and I don't like reruns, I expect something fresh and new, for this guy named Oda.

Quote:
Why is it bad writing...I mean besides that it is different from what you want ?
Oda is being a Fanboy, and screwing over his other characters, for Luffy's sake.

Quote:
Not only does Luffy have an equal connection to Ace as Whitebeard, but the fact that he is not the superior warrior on the battle field would make Luffy's accomplishment all the sweeter and potentially more interesting
He didn't earn it.

Quote:
(yes it sounds cool for Whitebeard to simply own all until he frees Ace, but that is a fairly dry, some might say ultimately boring, route because it offers no real thrills or surprises - it’s more fun to see a weaker opponent struggle to defeat a superior foe, than it is too see a superior opponent defeat a weaker foe).
I don't want this to happen.

Quote:
You are misappropriating Whitebeard's fall (which, if we can trust Garp's words, would happen now whether Ace were to die or not) with Ace's freedom.
Who's to say he falls here? it could be after the war to a new found power up Blackbeard Pirates crew, with addition of the ID level six pirates.

Quote:
That being said, the scenario I am currently expecting is Luffy freeing Ace, but Whitebeard creating the chance for them to escape. Consequently, Whitebeard does ensure Ace's freedom and safety, and Whitebeard does "die".
I expect something satisfying for us all.
Old 2009-05-24, 03:13   Link #151
andy

Quote:
So Luffy up stages Whitebeard in his so called final moments, for Luffy to be the big hero while Whirebeard dies rather then sacrifice his life to save his son, marking the end of his era with no huge impact for his side. Guess Luffy is the only important one in this.
Your missing the point even Grap said it, even if ace was to die WB will still fight and they would still be a war . This war for WB is not only about saving his son. Yes he want to save Ace but also want to teach the WG a lesson . Also who say WB is going to die he might live or someone like BB might wait until war is over and he is weaken to kill him or one of the other high level pirates.

Even if WB dies and save ace or dies with out saving ace the impact would be the same . The last of the old pirate age has die , it is time for new age to take over . The question is just how much damage are both side going to have after this. Hell if WB did not save Ace but lets say kill a few high level member of the WG lets say Kizaru he would make a bigger impact in his final moments.
Old 2009-05-24, 03:18   Link #152
Master Mold
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Your missing the point even Grap said it, even if ace was to die WB will still fight and they would still be a war.
Never said there wouldn't be a war.

Quote:
This war for WB is not only about saving his son. Yes he want to save Ace but also want to teach the WG a lesson . Also who say WB is going to die he might live or someone like BB might wait until war is over and he is weaken to kill him or one of the other high level pirates.
Have you been on any One Piece forums lately? There is more readers hoping for Whitebeard's death then silver medalist in the story!
Old 2009-05-24, 03:28   Link #153
andy

Quote:
Never said there wouldn't be a war.

Have you been on any One Piece forums lately? There is more readers hoping for Whitebeard's death then silver medalist in the story!
I know but thats for Oda to write its his story .I don't really care if WB dies or not to tell the truth . If he dies it open the story for alot of new stuff that what alot of people seem to think on forums . But if Oda wanted to kill him he did not have use a war he could have use old age if he wanted to, while that sound lame and lacks impact but still. I rather WB lives while being weaken and another high level pirates kill him. It would be great way to show just how strong the tops dogs in new world are .
Old 2009-05-24, 03:29   Link #154
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Since when did the opinion of what fans want become the absolute prediction? Authors tends to have unexpected twists in stories

And please don't say it is "logical" that it will happen; it will only happen IF the author wants it too no matter how logical it may be to the majority of the readers.

Cheers =D
Old 2009-05-24, 03:58   Link #155
james0246

Quote:
LOL, we are a large community of old fogey haters . Seriously though, despite my basic desire to see Whitebeard fall, I would honestly not care if he did actually live. Whatever the specifics, I simply want this to be a victory for the WG. They, as "villains", are due a victory every now and again, and there failures of late make them look quite silly. So, they need to establish some form of dominance so as to move the story into a "new age".
Old 2009-05-24, 07:15   Link #156
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Whitebeards era would end. I'd say that makes a huge impact for his side. And Whitebeard could sacrifice himself to give Luffy the chance to save Ace, two birds with one stone.

Or vice versa, Luffy could help Whitebeard save Ace, earning him the gratitude of one of the most powerful pirates on the ocean. That certainly wouldn't hurt his journey to become the Pirate King.

Quote:
Oda is being a Fanboy, and screwing over his other characters, for Luffy's sake.
Whitebeard is an important person in the One Piece world, but as a character in a story he is a supporting character at best. To call someone a 'fanboy' because the main character of the story gets the spotlight rather than a supporting character is simply ridiculous.

Quote:
He didn't earn it.
He ravaged Impel Down. I'd say he did.

Quote:
I expect something satisfying for us all.
And Whitebeard saving Ace while Luffy can only watch, thus making all his efforts in Impel Down in vain, would fiercely disappoint me.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-05-24 at 07:47.
Old 2009-05-24, 11:08   Link #157
Master Mold
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
Since when did the opinion of what fans want become the absolute prediction? Authors tends to have unexpected twists in stories

And please don't say it is "logical" that it will happen; it will only happen IF the author wants it too no matter how logical it may be to the majority of the readers.

Cheers =D
They didn't speak as if it was a prediction. I've been against what the masses want to happen. Since day 1. But hey if I wasn't here to toss wrenches in the wee all are in agreement discussion thread it would be kinda dull around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Whitebeards era would end. I'd say that makes a huge impact for his side. And Whitebeard could sacrifice himself to give Luffy the chance to save Ace, two birds with one stone.

Or vice versa, Luffy could help Whitebeard save Ace, earning him the gratitude of one of the most powerful pirates on the ocean. That certainly wouldn't hurt his journey to become the Pirate King.
What ever happens happens, I hope for the results to be good. Heck Luffy is still on level 4 of Impel Down, has yet to beat Magellan.

Quote:
Whitebeard is an important person in the One Piece world, but as a character in a story he is a supporting character at best. To call someone a 'fanboy' because the main character of the story gets the spotlight rather than a supporting character is simply ridiculous.
For Luffy to always get the spot light and up stage characters who really don't get there long over due shine, is the crime.

Quote:
He ravaged Impel Down. I'd say he did.
Ravaged Impel Down =/= War.

Quote:
And Whitebeard saving Ace while Luffy can only watch, thus making all his efforts in Impel Down in vain, would fiercely disappoint me.
I don't think you where disappoint when Whitebeard met up with shanks or when the Blackbeard vs Ace happened where Luffy was no where to be found. Or when Zoro saved Luffy's ass at Thiller Bark. Point is, Luffy don't have to do everything, and be involved in everything to make it good.

Infact, Lets discuss Luffy making his way out of Impel Down Fun house, before we discuss him being able to pull a Solid Snake on us and save Ace.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-24 at 11:54.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:08   Link #158
Z. Kensei
Kensei??

There are many ways Luffy could escape impel down without messing up this arc. For one, Black beard might help him out. He isn't there to fight him and he's turned his back on the government. Luffy doesn't have time to fight him so he can't be picky in choosing his allies. Another thing, no one said he'd be facing megallan by himself. There's a good chance Crocadile,Jinbei, and the other's will be there to help out. That's just one way i see things playing. There are about a million others and im sure whatever one is chosen will be right for the plot

How can we, as reader's say that luffy's hogging the spotlight and upstaging it from others without considering various fact's the author mightv'e thought up? For example, some charectors mightve been 'upstaged' a little early because they weren't meant to impact the plot that much. Luffy IS the main charector so the whole spotlight thing is, null. I respect your opinion but its starting to look like your presenting them as facts when there just what they are. Opinions.

Though i really do know what you mean about charector's being upstaged earlier than they ought to be. Tends to happen alot in anime or manga, just gotta learn to except it and enjoy the ride.
Old 2009-05-24, 12:26   Link #159
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z. Kensei View Post
There are many ways Luffy could escape impel down without messing up this arc. For one, Black beard might help him out.He isn't there to fight him and he's turned his back on the government. Luffy doesn't have time to fight him so he can't be picky in choosing his allies.
Why would Blackbeard help Luffy? IIRC Blackbeard didn't even know Luffy was at Impel Down to begin with. So Blackbeard showing up has to be for another reason, in my book.

Quote:
Luffy IS the main charector so the whole spotlight thing is, null.

Just because Luffy is the main character don't mean. For Luffy to always get the spot light and up stage characters who really don't get there long over due shine. Luffy being the main characters don't mean for him to be in everything, or do everything, there are other characters in this story not just Luffy.

Quote:
I respect your opinion but its starting to look like your presenting them as facts when there just what they are. Opinions.
Never did state them as fact.

Quote:
Though i really do know what you mean about charector's being upstaged earlier than they ought to be. Tends to happen alot in anime or manga, just gotta learn to except it and enjoy the ride.
I guess so.
Old 2009-05-24, 13:14   Link #160
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Forum seems to have turned into a quote-fest,so guess I'll pitch in^^
Quote:
Why would Blackbeard help Luffy? IIRC Blackbeard didn't even know Luffy was at Impel Down to begin with.
Because BB is a pirate, and pirates act on whims.
Quote:
Luffy being the main characters don't mean for him to be in everything, or do everything, there are other characters in this story not just Luffy.
Luffy is the only one who can toss around clever ideas, Hannyabal tried to copy him and look what he got
Closed Thread