Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-27, 23:40   Link #2341
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So , Touya x Yuki ending ?
Yeah its a 100% Yuki ending. They did an excellent job closing all possibilities but her.

Rina wrote Thank You goodbye(basically goodbye forever), in her dressing room.
Mana and Menou moved away.
Yayoi was dumped a few eps ago.
Touya stated himself that Haruka was over him.
Misaki is long gone.

Great series 9/10 for me. Ill be rewatching this one in the future, hopefully after a domestic DVD release.
iczelion74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 01:23   Link #2342
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, this sums it up. Touya is probably the least useful male harem character I've ever seen. Even the most generic harem lead has one solid thread to go on, but Touya? Wow. What a boy-toy he was. And that's in a whole line of boy-toys in harem anime.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 03:29   Link #2343
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This was a wonderful conclusion to a wonderful series. Episode earns a 10/10, series earns a 8.8/10. I never could have imagined them to actually end a series like this so well. I applaud the creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Well, this sums it up. Touya is probably the least useful male harem character I've ever seen. Even the most generic harem lead has one solid thread to go on, but Touya? Wow. What a boy-toy he was. And that's in a whole line of boy-toys in harem anime.
Touya was one of the most interesting harem leads I've ever seen.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 04:53   Link #2344
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Touya is only three years older than Mana (20 and 17). So it was a freshman's crush on a senior.
Then Mana should have been voiced by Rie Kugimiya lol. Tsundere + Ojou.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 05:02   Link #2345
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, he is interesting at least. But unfortunately still falls in the 'useless harem male' category when all's said and done. Especially in this show, they hammer that point with almost totally nonsensical dramatic tropes to do so. Media outrage, him changing jobs, agencies, etc. Constant switching of girlfriends/goddesses and that's just masking his character trope.

It's a shame, because all the unnecessary drama (looking back, almost none of the major drama arcs really had much of a point than just show what a total bystander Touya is) and the girls are simply lost on him.

Other than all that though, the anime IS pretty beautifully made and it's a triumph as far as the animation and production value goes.

Though storyline wise, I just am left wondering what the point of it all was. Especially when they tidy up the ending this much, what was the point about all the drama? It just makes the drama look silly, looking back. Though the interesting thing is, it's almost like they're saying that Touya is like some mental-case with his amnesia issues and being traumatized and all. Well, I guess they just HAD to use some of the most generic soap opera tropes after all, especially for such a soapy show like this one.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 07:31   Link #2346
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Just listened to the opening of the song again, the only difference between the two songs (Koiiro and Powder Snow) is just a switch from the Bb minor scale to the B major (Powder Snow), or remain the same (Koiiro).

They have similar sharp/flat equivalents and begin in just about the same notes, but it makes the entire piece feel so different because of the arrangement of the notes during in the ascending and descending orders.

The composer is a genius!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-12-28, 07:36   Link #2347
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74 View Post
Yeah its a 100% Yuki ending. They did an excellent job closing all possibilities but her.
I don't see at all how it's a 100% Yuki ending.
Old 2009-12-28, 08:08   Link #2348
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see at all how it's a 100% Yuki ending.
I posted how. Sorry Yayoi ending is not happening
iczelion74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 08:16   Link #2349
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74 View Post
I posted how. Sorry Yayoi ending is not happening
I never said anything of the sort regarding a Yayoi ending. The way i say it, it's just a Touya ending.
Old 2009-12-28, 08:55   Link #2350
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I never said anything of the sort regarding a Yayoi ending. The way i say it, it's just a Touya ending.
You have to compare the closure of each girl. The one who didn't get closure was Yuki, therefore it is a Yuki ending.

I forgot about Rina's message too. I might have overlooked it because I don't want to see her go.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:01   Link #2351
Peanutbutter

Looks like the albums are already out, i.e, Powder Snow and the rest.

That's faster than I thought.

The album didn't have the duet version. Only Rina's version. Awww...

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2009-12-28 at 10:11.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 09:43   Link #2352
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I think when Touya said "Hello" in the end it was for Yuki and the last words "Touya-kun" from Yuki make me things that it's definitely Touya x Yuki ending (let her get some love )
Others ending impossible as iczelion74 said why back .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 10:09   Link #2353
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
...Touya was one of the most interesting harem leads I've ever seen.
Especially in the final episode. It's not often that a harem lead realizes the error of his ways and ends the show setting out to do better. I didn't understand why so many girls loved him, until we saw how real he was at the end. And the way his father treated him when he was little made me forgive his harshness toward his father in the hospital. This is one show whose manner of ending makes it better rather than worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho-
I think when Touya said "Hello" in the end it was for Yuki and the last words "Touya-kun" from Yuki make me things that it's definitely Touya x Yuki ending (let her get some love). Others ending impossible as iczelion74 said....
Exactly. His face opened in a smile and he rushed toward her. She herself (I mean Hirano Aya) had such loving energy in her voice.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 12:57   Link #2354
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Looks like the albums are already out, i.e, Powder Snow and the rest.

That's faster than I thought.

The album didn't have the duet version. Only Rina's version. Awww...
No duet!? What!? That's...that's...horrible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Especially in the final episode. It's not often that a harem lead realizes the error of his ways and ends the show setting out to do better. I didn't understand why so many girls loved him, until we saw how real he was at the end. And the way his father treated him when he was little made me forgive his harshness toward his father in the hospital. This is one show whose manner of ending makes it better rather than worse.
Exactly. His face opened in a smile and he rushed toward her. She herself (I mean Hirano Aya) had such loving energy in her voice.
Kudos to Touya! He definitely could have gone off the deep end but he didn't.

And yeah, Hirano Aya has a beautiful voice most suiting for Yuki's character.
Old 2009-12-28, 14:33   Link #2355
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I find it quite funny in the anime that the opening for Koiiro is played on the natural keys when the song has five flats, covering almost all the notes for a single octave scale.

Old 2009-12-28, 15:21   Link #2356
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
You have to compare the closure of each girl. The one who didn't get closure was Yuki, therefore it is a Yuki ending.
I think that's rather silly to say it's her end just because she had no closure, though i can see where you're coming from.

It's true there's no proof that the person Touya was meeting at the end is Yuki, though that is pretty much the most obvious case. Still just because he's meeting her, i don't regard this as a Yuki ending, or a 100% Yuki ending. This is White Album. Regarding everything we've seen upto now, i don't think anyone can say it's a certain ending apart from it being a White Album ending.
Old 2009-12-28, 15:23   Link #2357
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I think that's rather silly to say it's her end just because she had no closure, though i can see where you're coming from.

It's true there's no proof that the person Touya was meeting at the end is Yuki, though that is pretty much the most obvious case. Still just because he's meeting her, i don't regard this as a Yuki ending, or a 100% Yuki ending. This is White Album. Regarding everything we've seen upto now, i don't think anyone can say it's a certain ending apart from it being a White Album ending.
Yeah, I hear ya. That's why I don't dismiss Rina with her simple good bye on the mirror.

I still commend them for not half assing the ending. So many times we see a show crap out so they can end things.
Old 2009-12-28, 16:10   Link #2358
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Yeah, I hear ya. That's why I don't dismiss Rina with her simple good bye on the mirror.

I still commend them for not half assing the ending. So many times we see a show crap out so they can end things.
I would say it is split between Rina/Yuki's ending, considering the fact that the two girls are have formed a duet. Probably ended the way like 11eyes did.

Old 2009-12-28, 16:30   Link #2359
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I would say it is split between Rina/Yuki's ending, considering the fact that the two girls are have formed a duet. Probably ended the way like 11eyes did.
Yeah, split.

I'm still annoyed that the music release isn't a duet. That's really mean. They should have at least had Hirano Aya sing it alone though, I have enough Mizuki Nana music to last a long time.

Didn't watch 11eyes actually. Dropped it at the first episode. Is it worth continuing or is like Chaos Head where romance takes a back seat??
Old 2009-12-28, 16:33   Link #2360
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

No , don't watch it , don't waste your times lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen