AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-30, 08:37   Link #21141
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
3. Fucktons of salt
This, seriously. Look at any frozen meal (which many people eat for lunch, or even breakfast or dinner). They have like 40% of your daily salt intake, and that's the healthy ones. The unhealthy ones are like 60-70%. And then there's fast food. Since this is the most recent one I've looked up, I'll use it as an example. Pizza Hut has these pasta dishes you can get. Family size is 2 of the dishes, so 4 servings total for $10 (on Tuesdays, anyway, plus you get breadsticks which I didn't look up the stats on). Each serving has 70-90% of your daily sodium intake. It's ridiculous.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:11   Link #21142
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Australian billionaire Clive Palmer to build Titanic II

Let's just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as it's predecessor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Clive Palmer, one of Australia's richest men, has commissioned a Chinese state-owned company to build a 21st Century version of the Titanic.
Yeah, I don't think the replica will suffer the fate of its predecessor. I honestly doubt it'll get that far.

Old 2012-04-30, 10:17   Link #21143
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Former Israeli Premier Assails Netanyahu on Iran
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/30/wo...u-on-iran.html
Another one against Netanyahu's way about Iran and Palestinian. The reaction of the audience to this didn.t really surprised me thought.
Old 2012-04-30, 10:38   Link #21144
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Um, all TVs are HDTVs now.

Nobody makes CRTs anymore, and LCD TVs just don't go lower than 1280x720 resolution these days. Sure, you used to be able to find some 854x480 "EDTVs" (mostly by Sony) but they've all been discontinued now.

If there's an electronics store that has TVs for sale, they're mostly LCD (they might have a few plasma displays, but that's a bit rare these days) and all of them are at least 1280x720 resolution (most will probably be 1920x1080). And that's really all an HDTV is, a "high definition television" which is just a fancy way of saying "has at least 720 vertical pixels."
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Yeah I'm not sure if the sales person was clueless or just trying to fool costumers,or maybe endless soul missunderstood?

@ Endless Soul: movies that you watch on the big screen in the theatre are generally made at even higher resolutions than HD so the resolution has nothing to do with what you were experiencing.
What I think you experienced is something similar to what was described in the article, there's modern TVs now that can artificially increase framerates (just like the article talked about The hobbit being shot at twice the framerate of a usual movie) so one TV had that feature and you had the same reaction as the guy in the article.
It's a feature that's nice if you like playing videogames and watch sports but is completely useless if all you do is watch movies.
Sorry for the late response guys, it was a very busy weekend.

I admit I'm pretty new-TV illiterate. Mostly because I currently don't have a TV and haven't had one in about 4 year. My last one was CRT. All I can say is that both TVs were identical, and playing the exact same scene of Battle: Los Angeles, yet the one on the left looked "normal" and the one on the right was clearer/brighter, causing the effects to really stand out and look fake. It almost had a daytime soap look to it. It wasn't just me and my friend seeing this. The entire group that had gathered around (10+ people) were all pretty much saying the same thing.

Endless "TVless" Soul
Old 2012-04-30, 10:57   Link #21145
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That, you have to blame :

1. Big Foods - there is so much meat in the American diet that it is so easy to get fat. And not to mention HFCS.....
2. Japan - If they didn't export moe, people wouldn't get diabetes.
I wouldn't call Ammonium Hydroxide treated beef meat, nor hormone laden chicken, or sterioid treated pork.

The reason Americans are fat is--besides the obvious dangers of MOE --due to the fact that the majority of Americans drink soda.
Soda is basically thick, flavored, corn-syrup and carbonated water.
Corn-Syrup is being shown to have serious health risks.This is why so many Granolas (health freaks) who do enjoy a soda now and then (as a treat or mixed with alcohol once in a while) have taken to drinking what are called "Retro-Sodas" that contain real sugar rather than Corn-Syrup.

The other culprit is the whole "Partially-Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils" and/or trans-fats.
Non-processed fats are far better for the human body...doh!

In short, it is once again the evil corporations (like Monsanto, ConAgra, etc.) who have found a way to feed the sheeple with whatever chemically laden victuals are cheapest to produce.

And the congresscriters are more than willing to accept whatever the lobbists of these companies tell them to do, so long as the payoff helps get them re-elected to office.

It is interesting to me that as Americans wake up to the fact that it is the big food corporations that are poisoning them with processed garbage, the government is clamping down on small farms using everything from child labor laws to the new "Food Safety" Act to do it.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:14   Link #21146
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
South Korea arrests Chinese sailors in the Yellow Sea
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17890929
Are Chinese sailors the prime ingredient for soylent green? I know that food prices are rising, but why is everyone else around the world arresting Chinese sailors?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:07   Link #21147
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A new meaning for "Chinese" food?
Old 2012-04-30, 12:17   Link #21148
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Convenient too, the "takeout" comes to you.

Endless "Soylent sailors" Soul
Old 2012-04-30, 12:21   Link #21149
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Are Chinese sailors the prime ingredient for soylent green? I know that food prices are rising, but why is everyone else around the world arresting Chinese sailors?
*grabs Sh and shakes him like a salt & pepper shaker

Solyent Green is people.
Old 2012-04-30, 12:33   Link #21150
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Because they are barbarians who, contrary to the supposed civilized civilization of the Great Chinese Nation, steal other nation's resources and then accuse others of being barbaric for arresting thieves.

Note: Sarcastic joke
Old 2012-04-30, 12:47   Link #21151
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ah, but what grade of Solyent Green is it? There is Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Indian, a whole mess of them.

I wouldn't recommend the English grade due to reasons of taste, nor the American as its quite fatty.
Old 2012-04-30, 13:07   Link #21152
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Because they are barbarians who, contrary to the supposed civilized civilization of the Great Chinese Nation, steal other nation's resources and then accuse others of being barbaric for arresting thieves.

Note: Sarcastic joke
Sarcastic; maybe.
Close of the true; probably.
Old 2012-04-30, 13:21   Link #21153
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Sarcastic; maybe.
Close of the true; probably.
Yup. A lot of their mass-transit trains have been copied directly from their Japanese and German counterparts with a few minor modifications. It takes a certain kind of audacity that only China can get away with it and call it their own "unique" technological improvement.
Old 2012-04-30, 13:32   Link #21154
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
What do you mean, "new"? They've had that one child policy since forever.
Old 2012-04-30, 13:38   Link #21155
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Oh my goodness you people are CANNIBALS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
*grabs Sh and shakes him like a salt & pepper shaker

Solyent Green is people.
Quote:
Ah, but what grade of Solyent Green is it? There is Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Indian, a whole mess of them.

I wouldn't recommend the English grade due to reasons of taste, nor the American as its quite fatty.
Now that you two mentioned about flavours with condiments, I wonder if we can make "tofu" out of the soylent green.....then we'd have Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Indian, and all sorts of different flavours of tofu. I know Xellos enjoy large servings of "tofu" at once (given his sigs).

I will have Korean "tofu", the texture is always soft and white. (if you know what I mean).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-30, 13:41   Link #21156
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I prefer the term "humanitarian".
Old 2012-04-30, 13:41   Link #21157
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
\
I will have Korean "tofu", the texture is always soft and white. (if you know what I mean).
You mean you prefer tofu made of silicon and other assorted plastics?

Well, I guess it'll still be better than Chinese tofu anyway. Hell knows what goes in those...
Old 2012-04-30, 13:44   Link #21158
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
You mean you prefer tofu made of silicon and other assorted plastics?
Interestingly enough, Koreans would have fewer such materials than Americans or Japanese.
Old 2012-04-30, 13:58   Link #21159
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Interestingly enough, Koreans would have fewer such materials than Americans or Japanese.
don't korea lead the world in plastic surgeries?

Quote:
Wast not, want not.

Quote:
Now that you two mentioned about flavours with condiments, I wonder if we can make "tofu" out of the soylent green.....then we'd have Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Indian, and all sorts of different flavours of tofu. I know Xellos enjoy large servings of "tofu" at once (given his sigs).

i love tofu.
Old 2012-04-30, 14:08   Link #21160
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
don't korea lead the world in plastic surgeries
Yes, but the kinds of surgeries matter: It's mostly getting double eyelids and cutting off parts of the jaw. It's the foreigners coming to Korea for other jobs that make the rate so high.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international