AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 14:11   Link #2661
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Which mod is making enemies unlootable?
Old 2012-05-06, 14:13   Link #2662
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Which mod is making enemies unlootable?
Not a mod..... the "paralysis" enchantment on a weapon appears to have a statistical chance of hurling the dead mob into another dimension where you can see it but not touch it
Old 2012-05-06, 14:46   Link #2663
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not a mod..... the "paralysis" enchantment on a weapon appears to have a statistical chance of hurling the dead mob into another dimension where you can see it but not touch it
When you put it that way, it sounds gnarly.
Old 2012-05-06, 22:53   Link #2664
Simonsy

Quick question on mods.

If I say install some new body like CBBE and then tons of skimpy armor mods. Does that only apply to my female character, or does this mean all npc's running around will be affected. Will a normal bandit in leather armor now be instead in skimpy leather armor?
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 23:11   Link #2665
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Quick question on mods.

If I say install some new body like CBBE and then tons of skimpy armor mods. Does that only apply to my female character, or does this mean all npc's running around will be affected. Will a normal bandit in leather armor now be instead in skimpy leather armor?
It depends completely on the mod in question. If it is a "replacer" mod, then it affects every instance of that item. If it is a "standalone" mod, then only your character or anyone you give the item to has access.

Example, the "Remodeled Armor CBBEv3M" affects everyone's armor. Whereas the Khantus armor set mod (stand-alone and craftable) is worn by no one as a default (unless the mod also distributes the armor to some NPCs which some mods do)
Old 2012-05-07, 01:49   Link #2666
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Unless the mod creates a custom race for the body in question, yeah, everyone's replaced. No other ways around it so far.
Old 2012-05-07, 05:35   Link #2667
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

If anyone is intrested in more armour mods which are challenging to get, which also make hunting dragons a lot more rewarding, check this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16474
Downloaded it last night and was really enjoying hunting dragons again. As I felt after a while purposely finding dragons wasn't rewarding at all, now it is .
Old 2012-05-10, 19:28   Link #2668
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Question for Vexx about spouse store mod: For the mod where you give items to your spouse and she sells them, can this work with stolen goods? I really hate how it is hard to sell stolen goods in Skyrim. It is a hassle having to go to the rat way for that, or having to invest the right perks for fence (which requires 90 in speechcraft!).

Edit: Ah, so, via the thieves guild I can get more fences.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2012-05-10 at 19:42.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 20:56   Link #2669
DuoRanger
Banned

if skyrim had at least a lady killer/consumed bachelor perk or even speechcraft tests and etc like new vegas, it would be awesome.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 21:20   Link #2670
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
if skyrim had at least a lady killer/consumed bachelor perk or even speechcraft tests and etc like new vegas, it would be awesome.
There is sort of. The Dibella quest reward lets you do extra damage against those of opposing gender. But otherwise the Speechcraft perk tree replaces all dialogue upgrades.
Old 2012-05-12, 20:39   Link #2671
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I was wondering if anyone here has tried some of the immersion mods. I'm thinking of getting both the Hypothermia thing, as well as the one that adds New Vegas-style basic needs (sleep, food, etc.).
Old 2012-05-12, 22:43   Link #2672
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

After doing some research, I am starting to find out that I really don't need all of my 81 perk points to max my offence and defence... When all is said and done, at level 81 I could have a dozen unused perk points for my dual dagger welding, lightning/fire light armour sneak necromage.

After realising I can just turn my self into a vampire, use the necro mage perk to pump my smithing and enchanting, then cure myself, I am starting to see the benefit of putting perks into lockpicking or speechcraft. I mean, it is annoying that I still break 4 picks in a master lock at a time, and I would rather sell my loot faster to every merchant. Sure, it's extra perk points to spend, but what's the point of having perk points if I am not going to use them?
Old 2012-05-13, 03:20   Link #2673
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

HI i was wondering if i could get some advice, what would be a good mod so i can completely reequip my companions with what i want and do the same for wives (also allowing multiple marriages).

I know about Multiple Marriages-Spouse Dress Up-Rehousing-And More Final by Dudestia for marriages but i would like to avoid it if i can because it conflicts with something i would like to use.
Old 2012-05-13, 18:37   Link #2674
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Vexx, your Redguard warrior woman uses a two hand sword? I'm thinking of a straight up warrior woman for my second character, and am considering uses two handed swords. Does she use heavy armor or light armor? I'm undecided on what armor to use. Block perks can be used on two handed weapons, right? The first perk set and the right side of the perk tree? What does she do to heal herself? Does she use some restoration magic, or do you just buy some healing potions?
Old 2012-05-14, 00:30   Link #2675
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just got back in town from a trip down to LA ....

The Redguard lass specializes in 2H swords. But because she's Redguard and travels, etc. I focused her in Light Armor. Outside of roleplay, it seems mostly a taste difference depending on how you approach combat. She's pretty good with a bow and tends to do "initial artillery attrition" on any ranged combatants before charging in. I've purposely kind of nerfed her sneaking skills by avoiding sneaking and spending no points in it. I've also spent no points in block though I suppose you can (and yeah that's how I'd spend perks in block) .... I let the light armor nimble perks catch potential damage so far.
She just carries healing and stamina potions. I was going to have her be allergic to using all forms of magic outside of potions but it really seems impossible to avoid enchantments ("Enchantments!!!") if you're going to bother smithing.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-05-16 at 20:19.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 15:06   Link #2676
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I was thinking of making my warrior do smithing in order to make enough money to get by in Skyrim. My thief is getting a lot of perks in alchemy, so that will make her a lot of money, but then it takes the fun out of making money via thievery. So I found a mod that drastically reduces the price of potions, but the mod also brings with it many changes, including changing the alchemy effects of nearly all ingredients, making potion strength dependent on rarity of ingredients (I'm mixed on that one), and getting rid of fortify lockpicking, fortify pickpocketing, fortify smithing, and fortify enchanting potions (the last one I don't care about). I wonder if it gets rid of fortify sneak potions, too.

On top of that, this alchemy mod is also combined with a cooking/recipe mod, and I think it will conflict with my hunger/thirst/sleep mod.
Old 2012-05-15, 18:01   Link #2677
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Okay, I found out that alchemy mod can be installed apart from the cooking mod via manual installation. I might try out that mod (although it'll change more things than I'd like).

I'm going to make a sneak thief. I have one perk in Smithing for "Basic Smithing" (mod replaced Steel Smithing with that). I want a couple or few perks in armsman under one-handed. I want many perks in Archery. And then I plan to have perks in every thief perk tree (the green ones). The perk tree I'll develop the most other than archery is alchemy.
Old 2012-05-18, 00:35   Link #2678
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some nice lore-friendly realistic chainmail 'light' armor just popped up:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17212

Haven't checked them out ingame yet but looks like a sturdy immersive set.
Old 2012-05-18, 01:16   Link #2679
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Haha, read this:

Quote:
In the "Travels of Marco Polo" he writes that "It has been an invariable custom, that all the grand khans, and chiefs of the race of Chingis-khan, should be carried for interment to a certain lofty mountain named Altaļ, and in whatever place they may happen to die, although it should be at the distance of a hundred days' journey, they are nevertheless conveyed thither." Marco Polo also writes that Chingis-khan died "in the siege of a castle named Thaigin, he was struck by an arrow to the knee, and dying of the wound, was buried in the mountain of Altaļ."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_of_Genghis_Khan
Old 2012-05-18, 15:10   Link #2680
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Found what seems like a pretty good mod. Have yet to play while the mod is active, I just found out about this mod. It is a mod with 50 new NPCs in Skyrim (they travel around Skyrim), with 10 alchemists and 10 apothecaries (you can buy from them and sell things to them) and 10 merchants for general goods, and 20 mercenaries.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15501

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim