AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 4 10.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 25.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 20.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 17.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-25, 08:18   Link #121
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This show has one of the most experienced cast lists I've ever seen. As more and more young seiyuus get major roles, this show's cast has an average age over 40! The youngest seiyuus are Hikasa Youko an Sawashiro Miyuki, both age 28.

What a cast this is. The star is the actress who played Sailor Uranus and was Ikari Shinji in NGE. We've got the actress who plays Doraemon, and the actor who plays Inuyasha. Shiina Hekiru, now 39, was one of the first idol seiyuus and played Alpha in Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. The list goes on.

I have made a characters/seiyuus page with pics of the characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu. Perhaps the pics will help some of us keep everyone straight, lol.
WTF why is Fujisaki voiced by a dude!?
Old 2013-07-25, 09:24   Link #122
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Why is Naegi voiced by a woman?

As long as the voices fit the characters, it doesn't matter. It is very unusual for such a cutie to be voiced by a man though.
Old 2013-07-25, 09:45   Link #123
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why is Naegi voiced by a woman?

As long as the voices fit the characters, it doesn't matter. It is very unusual for such a cutie to be voiced by a man though.

You guys must be new to this whole anime thing. Even in the U.S. this is a pretty common practice, having voice actors of the opposite gender. Most of the time people don't even notice it.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:07   Link #124
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

You guys must be new to this whole anime thing. Even in the U.S. this is a pretty common practice, having voice actors of the opposite gender. Most of the time people don't even notice it.
Women voicing boys is a fairly common practice in anime (and maybe in U.S. animation as well, though I wouldn't know). I can get why a woman would be voicing a boy.

But I've never heard of a man voicing a girl before. If the voice sounds good, I guess that's what matters most, but unless he's insanely talented that must be killing his vocal chords.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:11   Link #125
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Society usually considers people being brutally murdered worse than girl bands splitting up, which is why the former is punished with a lifetime sentence while a prosecutor wouldn't even stand up in the morning for the latter.
Again, a fallacy.

When was it comfirmed that Sayaka's group members were alive and well? All that was shown was an empty stage in ruins, much like Makoto's house. They could have been killed. They don't know for sure.

That's the entire point behind the videos. They are all shown that something happened outside, but not exactly what happened, and the only way they can find out is to "graduate" ASAP.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:57   Link #126
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Again, a fallacy.

When was it comfirmed that Sayaka's group members were alive and well? All that was shown was an empty stage in ruins, much like Makoto's house. They could have been killed. They don't know for sure.

That's the entire point behind the videos. They are all shown that something happened outside, but not exactly what happened, and the only way they can find out is to "graduate" ASAP.
If you had read my posts prior to the quoted one you'd know that I specifically referred to Monokuma stating that Sayaka's band disbanded .
that was the information given to her, and that was what she ticked out about.
What happened or didn't happen in the end is without meaning for the video itself.
Fact is when looking at the contents you get Naegi's video with slashmarks all over the house where his family sat a moment ago, and then Sayaka's, where they are most likely still alive as they have no visible wounds .
The stage was also not in ruins, but had its light turned off, just btw.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-25, 11:14   Link #127
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

Girl doing guys yes but not guys doing girls. There is a big different. Guys usually can't pull off a young voice since after puberty it goes deep. Girls on the other hand can do girls and young guys.
Old 2013-07-25, 11:42   Link #128
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Why was Alphonse Elric voiced by a girl? Also, there have been plenty of cases where I was shocked some female characters are voiced by males I admit.
Old 2013-07-25, 14:11   Link #129
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Quote:

lol, you know when I heard her I thought she was a guy until I saw the school uniform, but
Spoiler for my opinion:
Old 2013-07-25, 23:03   Link #130
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
If you had read my posts prior to the quoted one you'd know that I specifically referred to Monokuma stating that Sayaka's band disbanded .
that was the information given to her, and that was what she ticked out about.
What happened or didn't happen in the end is without meaning for the video itself.
Fact is when looking at the contents you get Naegi's video with slashmarks all over the house where his family sat a moment ago, and then Sayaka's, where they are most likely still alive as they have no visible wounds .
The stage was also not in ruins, but had its light turned off, just btw.
It's also a fact that you never see the bodies of Naegi's family after the scene switches to the house in ruins. They may have died, or they may have escaped safety. I don't know, Naegi doesn't know, and neither do you.

As for Maizono's video, the girls were all lying on the stage floor in different positions, and I highly doubt they were taking a nap.

Seeing performers collapsed on stage is fairly alarming because even in the case where they are not feeling well, they normally would never show it to their audience and try their best to perform as if they were all well.
Again, you are simply not understanding how severe their situation would need to be in order to force performers to fall apart like that on stage.
Old 2013-08-10, 14:29   Link #131
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

My suspicions about Leon turning to be the culprit were nailed right based upon the scribbled message the deceased Sayaka left.

However, I employed a method a little bit long winded than the simplistic explanation Naegi offered to decipher the message.

The '3' digit was inscribed in such a manner that resembled a reversed 'E' in leet. Of course, I also mentally turned upside-down the whole number in order to read it as "LEON".

As for the extra seat reserved for the graduate, I do not buy MonoBear's explanation. Furthermore, I do not believe at all that extra seat is put there just for decoration or to bestow honors.

Recall MonoBear's creepy prologue at the very start of the first episode, and remember also that MonoBear wants the teens to go pure despair?
Spoiler:
Closed Thread