AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 15 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 30.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-29, 07:56   Link #61
raideralan

I'm having this weird problem with the mkv version from mahora fansubs episode 6. In the scene where Negi chants the spell to seal the fairy, at the moment before he chants amores or something like that to end the spell the scene freezes and skips to the next scene where you see him flying pass the fairy and sealing him. This only occurs if I play full screen. Does anyone have any idea what my problem might be?
Old 2006-11-29, 09:46   Link #62
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
I'm having this weird problem with the mkv version from mahora fansubs episode 6. In the scene where Negi chants the spell to seal the fairy, at the moment before he chants amores or something like that to end the spell the scene freezes and skips to the next scene where you see him flying pass the fairy and sealing him. This only occurs if I play full screen. Does anyone have any idea what my problem might be?
i'm wondering what is this issue too, but i always have it, whatever the screensize.
in fact :
case 1 : if the video has reached the scene when the fairy is falling (18:30), the video pace is messed up (the sound is okay, but the video is freezing, and several frozen image are shown, in order : falling fairy, seal explosion, konoka lied down, zoomed setsuna face, black screen with feathers, again konoka, external view of the explosion) and reverts back to the normal when negi's gang is back to the normal world, with his line. (19:10)
case 2 : if the video has reached the scene of the falling fairy, but is reverts back to the moment the fairy is sealed (18:34), the video is not messed up.

i'm really puzzled by this issue.
Old 2006-11-29, 12:49   Link #63
raideralan

I read something like that on teh MAhora forums, someone said it might have been corrupted. Dunno if that is true, is it?
Old 2006-11-29, 13:33   Link #64
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Also, it looks like Yue may be beginning to become suspicious of the world of magic.

Count me in as another one who likes Nodoka's "armor" form. Along with a more colorful version of her "prototype" RPG outfit from the manga (complete with uber-kawaii bunny backbpack ), I like the idea of how the books are floating around her (especially that bit where Chisame's chasing Nodoka, with the books following her as she runs for her dear life).

Finally, while I'm sure that Nodoka's "armor" form may cause some complaints to some manga readers, I personally like the idea that along with reading other people's minds, the floating books allow Nodoka to look up information about, among other things, various magic-related subjects. After all, given her love of books, her duty as a school librarian, and the fact that she's the fourth smartest girl academically in Negi's class, I kinda see Nodoka as the type of person who could be quite informative when it comes to various subjects.
The only downside I see to this is that it means Yue's main attribute as depicted in the manga (Miss Factoid Devulger) is muted. I suspect they're going to focus on her interest in metaphysics (magic) in relation to how it messes with her worldview of normal physics. Yue loves *searching* for information, whereas Nodoka loves *organizing* information (at least that's my take on the girl's personality in the manga). In the anime I'm going to guess they're going to focus on Yue's "magical girl" aspects more than her "brainiac" aspects.
Old 2006-11-29, 13:49   Link #65
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well imo i see yue as the "overseer" of things in that sense she is quiet but wise...observation and taking up information is her strong point...
really makes me think what powers she would get if she does a pactio with negi :3...
also i hope we get to see her...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-30, 14:53   Link #66
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Oh, I hope not.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-03, 14:05   Link #67
Seiryuu

I only have one question: Why do so many series insist on accompanying the activation of a girl's magic with what looks like excessive pleasure? We're not talking on the level of Cosmopolitan Prayers(thank God), but still I wish anime producers would stop adding in the gasps and muffled screams, at least when they haven't provided any real excuse for the reaction.
Also, I can only hope there will be some decrease in the randomness of this show. I was amused by the result of Negi's memory magic on Asuna, but the fact that it ALWAYS happens takes all the humor and meaning out of it. More importantly, the randomness of the cards just seems a little excessive, especially since I haven't seen any indication that he can terminate a contract before his girl is out of gas. I'm hoping that eventually it'll be revealed that the "random" cards actually have some pattern or predictability, or that Negi can control them to some extent. At the very least, find some use for the chibi cards or eliminate them entirely.
Old 2006-12-07, 16:16   Link #68
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Chibis are painfully cute. Setsuna was all ";_;"

And... Good, Setsuna, you look kinda overpowered. In a good way. Ehehe, Konoka teasing Setsuna about the indirect kiss ftw.

Spoiler for Mai HiME ep 12:

Now with 100% less tentacles!

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-12-07 at 18:08.
Old 2006-12-07, 18:09   Link #69
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I only have one question: Why do so many series insist on accompanying the activation of a girl's magic with what looks like excessive pleasure? We're not talking on the level of Cosmopolitan Prayers(thank God), but still I wish anime producers would stop adding in the gasps and muffled screams, at least when they haven't provided any real excuse for the reaction.
Also, I can only hope there will be some decrease in the randomness of this show. I was amused by the result of Negi's memory magic on Asuna, but the fact that it ALWAYS happens takes all the humor and meaning out of it. More importantly, the randomness of the cards just seems a little excessive, especially since I haven't seen any indication that he can terminate a contract before his girl is out of gas. I'm hoping that eventually it'll be revealed that the "random" cards actually have some pattern or predictability, or that Negi can control them to some extent. At the very least, find some use for the chibi cards or eliminate them entirely.
heh.. cookie for pointing out every single one of the weak points of the pactio sequences. I thought the little orgasmic sighs were a bit much as well and I *really* think the bogus cards just interfere with the plot line. They seem to pop up a lot and it seems to me they should be rather rare (like rolling a 1 on a 1d20 for critical failure).
Old 2006-12-07, 23:49   Link #70
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

It does explain why all the students seem to want to make a contract

But yeah, the fail cards are becoming a little too frequent. Hopefully that'll drop off soon.
Old 2006-12-08, 00:38   Link #71
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
It does explain why all the students seem to want to make a contract

But yeah, the fail cards are becoming a little too frequent. Hopefully that'll drop off soon.
I want more. They're cute. Isn't that right, Setsuna?
Old 2006-12-08, 01:56   Link #72
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

They're very cute, but it chokes out the flow of the action when they pop up like they have been
Old 2006-12-08, 02:37   Link #73
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

They're an excuse for needing to make new contracts all the time. It seems that the writer intends to pactio every single one of the 31 girls. Or at least a majority of them. That's a lot easier to do if the already pactioed girls fail.

Bad reason of course since it is basically a plotting shortcut.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-08, 13:12   Link #74
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Spoiler for Mai HiME ep 12:

Now with 100% less tentacles!
Makes you wonder if
Spoiler for Mai-HiME spoiler:
Old 2007-10-30, 22:17   Link #75
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

plotwise, not that great, but otherwise, very great!

I really love the animation style of this series of Negima despite that I really do not like the plot changes. The altered Evangeline arc was good, but the rest of the Star Crystal stuff wasn't all that amazing, however, I still gave a 10 for this episode because...

SECCHAN'S WINGS!!!

Yeah, Setsuna's hanyou form is enough for me to give it a 10. Asuna, Nodoka and Konoka's pactios were cool too, both Suka form and Armor form ^^
Closed Thread