AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 17:21   Link #2801
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd say Signum doesn't like teaching, feeling unsuited for it, as she pointed out to Vice in StrikerS, but then again, in the A's manga she teaches kendo in her spare time...
Old 2011-06-27, 17:29   Link #2802
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'd say Signum doesn't like teaching, feeling unsuited for it, as she pointed out to Vice in StrikerS, but then again, in the A's manga she teaches kendo in her spare time...
And teached "Shiden Issen" to Erio and also give training sessions to the forwards along with Schach. It's not like she feels unsuited to teach is more that she feels that there's not much she can teach them aside from cutting people with edged objects.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 17:32   Link #2803
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think the real deciding factor here when it comes to Touma's teacher is the fact that, before he was infected with the Eclipse, we saw that he was a Mid-style mage. So Nanoha would be the better choice to teach him when it comes to magic, as Signum and Vita are Belkan-style.

Adding to that, Fate's likely got her hands full tracking and determining the whereabouts of the Huckebein, as she and Teana are Enforcers, and that's kind of their job.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:35   Link #2804
Justin_Brett

It doesn't seem like he really used magic for combat very much, or at least not that we saw. The Eclipse could even be considered a separate school from either one of them.

And Fate's still technically a Midchildan mage even though Bardiche is pretty much a more talkative Armed Device.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 17:39   Link #2805
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I know Fate's a Mid-style mage, but like I said, she's probably got her hands full with Enforcer duties concerning the Huckebein, which is likely why she's not Touma's teacher. And yes, the Eclipse can be seen as a separate school and Touma's not a combat mage in Mid, but that's what the training's for.

As for swordplay, it's not like Nanoha's useless. She did watch her father and siblings train and practice as a child, so I'm certain she knows a little about it. Also she can probably teach him how to fight with his weapon against opponents using different styles.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:44   Link #2806
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, Nanoha implies that Vita is also going to train Tohma, i guess what kind of training Vita can give to the kid. Considering he's already stronger than anyone else.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-06-27 at 17:55.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:55   Link #2807
Justin_Brett

Not like Nanoha would really have nothing to do if Touma wasn't there, either.

And yeah, Vita's method of fighting would work well with him, since it's not like he really has anything to worry about getting hurt in battle.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:56   Link #2808
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Nanoha hopes to continue to fight and not harm people...

You know, with ideals like this, the Bureau would get its ass kicked in a full out war. Just imagine, their enemy having no problems killing while the Bureau only captures enemy soldiers. The Bureau loses lots of mages and now have to deal with tons of POWs. Not only would they start running out of places to put them, they'd need to worry about supplying them with necessities. And if a POW is released/escapes, they'd go right back to fighting the Bureau again. The Bureau would be pretty screwed.

And yes, I plan on using that in a fic.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:06   Link #2809
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I'm the only one who finds that resolution admirable xD?

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-27, 18:09   Link #2810
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm assuming the TSAB would know when to take off the gloves in a full-blown intergalactic conflict. Nanoha might not like it but Nanoha's only one person. Plus, you know, if a TSAB cruiser fires its main cannon at another enemy vessel, I think people are going to die, magic or no.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:10   Link #2811
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I'm the only one who finds that resolution admirable xD?
I'm not saying it's not, but under circumstances it's not exactly smart. Especially with an enemy like the Huckebein that will regenerate most damage.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:11   Link #2812
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm assuming the TSAB would know when to take off the gloves in a full-blown intergalactic conflict. Nanoha might not like it but Nanoha's only one person. Plus, you know, if a TSAB cruiser fires its main cannon at another enemy vessel, I think people are going to die, magic or no.
Now that you mention it i wonder if Hayate knows the Augusto cannon would fail when it was fired against the Esquad Huckebein or if she has true intentions of blow the Huckship out of the sky.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-06-27, 18:11   Link #2813
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Indeed it isn't. The TSAB's pretty lucky that it is, thus far, the only organization of it's scope and is inherently benevolent in its policies.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:14   Link #2814
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

But we know the Bureau favours mages and there are a lot of non-mages out there. A bunch of non-administrated worlds could band together, get ahold of anti-magic stuff and all hell would break loose. I intend to call them RAMS: Regulars Against Mage Supremacy.

But this isn't the thread for this
Old 2011-06-27, 18:17   Link #2815
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Finally FORCE 16 translated(in spanish xDU), i gave it a reading and these aare some important points:

Spoiler for tons of spoilers:

Phew! a big chunk of info this chapter xD!
-So the Raptors are less clone troopers and more Trade Federation Droids? Take out their command center and *poof* instant BSOD?
-What's an 09X Cannon? And already introduced weapon whose designation I just forgot or an entirely new toy?
-So physical weapons are banned/restricted/(dammit I wish I know the exact stance) yet they have no qualms with Isis's explosives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
My thoughts after finishing F.3.A.R. and this chapter:

Spoiler:
All the comparison with F.E.A.R feels empty without the uber-psychic underaged ghost mother (then again I haven't played F.3.A.R yet, so I don't know how big Alma's role was)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
but do they have the necessary people to utilize all of the firepower that they're packing (logistics, transport, coordination, their own soldiers to pick up and use the stuff)?
When was the last time the series ever care about logistics, again?

Quote:

You know, with ideals like this, the Bureau would get its ass kicked in a full out war. Just imagine, their enemy having no problems killing while the Bureau only captures enemy soldiers. The Bureau loses lots of mages and now have to deal with tons of POWs. Not only would they start running out of places to put them, they'd need to worry about supplying them with necessities. And if a POW is released/escapes, they'd go right back to fighting the Bureau again. The Bureau would be pretty screwed.

And yes, I plan on using that in a fic.
Is it a wonder how a number of "TSAB goes to war" fics usually rephrased "no killing" into "capture if you can, but if too troublesome you have permission for lethal attacks"?
Old 2011-06-27, 18:19   Link #2816
Dark Wing

Quote:
But we know the Bureau favours mages and there are a lot of non-mages out there. A bunch of non-administrated worlds could band together, get ahold of anti-magic stuff and all hell would break loose. I intend to call them RAMS: Regulars Against Mage Supremacy.

But this isn't the thread for this
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think someone else already tried to make a fic with this exact plot...

As for Touma's training in Vita's boot camp it should make for quite the entertainment.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:20   Link #2817
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think someone else already tried to make a fic with this exact plot...

As for Touma's training in Vita's boot camp it should make for quite the entertainment.
Synae made a fic like that, up until half the fanfic authors here decided to flip out and tear it apart.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:24   Link #2818
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

If it's been done I don't know and don't particularly care. There'd be a much bigger threat looming in the background anyways.

Anywho, it's harder to fight to save than it is to fight to kill. That's another factor as to why the Huckebein have been coming out on top. Nanoha and co are making things harder on themselves.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:26   Link #2819
Justin_Brett

It's not like trying to kill them really makes things not inconvenient, either; it just means you're trying to demolish a brick wall that rebuilds itself perpetually. When the CO of the operation tries to smash their ship with an iceberg, you can't really say they were trying not to hurt them.
Old 2011-06-27, 18:26   Link #2820
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
-So the Raptors are less clone troopers and more Trade Federation Droids? Take out their command center and *poof* instant BSOD?
-What's an 09X Cannon? And already introduced weapon whose designation I just forgot or an entirely new toy?
-So physical weapons are banned/restricted/(dammit I wish I know the exact stance) yet they have no qualms with Isis's explosives?
1.- Probably they have programed some emergency autonomous fight mode or something, i don't know yet really xDU
2.- It must be a new toy, so far we only have 00X(Fortress), 02X(Strike Cannon), 03X(War Hammer) and 07X(the freakin Sword Breaker!) ...oh yeah and the new ADX(Raptor), so yeah i wonder what this 09X is, the translation calls it a "cannon", so i wonder if it's a new upgrade to Nanoha or the unit designed for Teana or Hayate.
3.- Well, as for now very few people know about Isis outside of Section Six and they can't be exigent, so far Isis is the most effective combatant they have asido of Tohma xDU.

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force