AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-01, 17:19   Link #81
marvelB

Speaking of the color pages, apparently OP's returning chapter this week will have one as the splash page, as well.

And on a somewhat related note, the cover for volume 70 has been revealed (credit goes to Redon from AP for the image):

So we have Luffy, Law, Dofla, Baby-5, Buffalo, Kid's alliance, Franky Shogun, and for some reason Usopp and Nami crammed at the very bottom left-hand corner. But really, I'm looking forward to the covers of the Dressrosa volumes more.....

And of course, we have the SBS to look forward to, as well! Because somehow, I doubt an illness would prevent Oda from answering his fans' questions concerning dicks and boobs.
Old 2013-06-01, 19:08   Link #82
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm really looking forward to seeing Fujitora's colour scheme. Thanks for the update, marvelB.
Old 2013-06-02, 17:44   Link #83
marvelB

Going back to the subject of Oda himself..... he posted an apology letter on the official SJ site a while back:

Quote:
I messed up!
I put up with my illness for too long, and my condition got worse. I apologize to all the readers who were looking forward to the next chapters, as well as to all the Straw Hats who were really looking forward to wreaking some havoc. But I'm currently going through some painful treatment. The story was just about to take a new turn, so I really really wanted you all to read the next chapter as soon as possible. I know how long two weeks can feel for all the shonen out there, but please wait for just a bit longer.

— Eiichiro Oda

Also, another thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
2-3 hours thing was when he was working on the movie as well as serialization.

Concerning this, I was browsing AP and noticed that Greg (one of the top OP informants around), posted this:

Quote:
I've been informed of Oda's work schedule and personal status/timeline for this and the previous event. Although I'm not at liberty to divulge any of that, I can say that CCC's reminder of his schedule is indeed accurate. The man does only get three hours of sleep a night.

Whether the above is an exaggeration or not is up to you guys, I suppose. However, Greg DOES add the following:

Quote:
Oda only gets three hours of sleep but he's not always working. He gets around quite a bit and there's loooooooooooots to entertain him and his family with at home. It makes sense when you see it.

Well, while that's good to know, I still think it wouldn't hurt to give him a little more rest time......

But putting that aside, OP will be back this week! And that "new turn" Oda mentioned in his apology sounds pretty darned promising, if you ask me.....
Old 2013-06-02, 21:04   Link #84
Blackbeard D. Kuma

If Oda's not always working then he should get more rest if the 3 hours of sleep every night is accurate (which I still doubt). Also, unless a proclamation is made, this kind of info is usually esoteric. So it's questionable how Greg and these other guys are even getting this stuff.
Old 2013-06-03, 06:04   Link #85
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Hoping for Oda's fast recovery Dx
Old 2013-06-03, 06:28   Link #86
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Man, I seriously hope Oda is ok.
Old 2013-06-03, 09:37   Link #87
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Still no spoilers?
Old 2013-06-03, 10:02   Link #88
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
If Oda's not always working then he should get more rest if the 3 hours of sleep every night is accurate (which I still doubt). Also, unless a proclamation is made, this kind of info is usually esoteric. So it's questionable how Greg and these other guys are even getting this stuff.
Oda himself said that he sleeps only 3 hours a day in an interview and Greg works for Shueisha and is on good terms with the Editors of One Piece.
Old 2013-06-03, 17:00   Link #89
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
Oda himself said that he sleeps only 3 hours a day in an interview and Greg works for Shueisha and is on good terms with the Editors of One Piece.
And that statement was made during the time of film Z's development/release, which means that Oda was busier than he normally is.
Old 2013-06-03, 17:12   Link #90
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Going back to the subject of Oda himself..... he posted an apology letter on the official SJ site a while back:
Man, he doesn't need to apologize, he can rest as long as he wants.
Old 2013-06-03, 21:58   Link #91
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Still no spoilers?

They should be out around the usual time (which would be around tomorrow night).

So until then, why not check out some new SBS stuff during the wait?
Old 2013-06-04, 03:38   Link #92
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
They should be out around the usual time (which would be around tomorrow night).

So until then, why not check out some new SBS stuff during the wait?
Actually, we got early spoilers.
If you happen to be awake..
Old 2013-06-04, 10:45   Link #93
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Looks like someone learned how to use a computer .

But seriously, once the idea and colors are defined, the assistants can do all the work... Or am I missing something?
???

Anyway,

Remember Oda insist that all animated object to be drawn by him and even then just the idea and layout would would be enough work considering that is also the mist time consuming part for a painting. Besides, most mangaka treats color spread as an accomplishment and important assignment since only manga that can drive sales are given those jobs. You might want to read some actual manga magazines and tankoban to see how magaka view color spread and how much work is put in it. It's not uncommon to see mangaka saying that the spread itself is worth a week of regular workload. Might be manageable for most mangaka, but a weekly serialized magazine like JUMP or Sunday? And as often as Oda is doing it currently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
But that work can't be as much as the actual chapters themselves. That's where the brunt of his workload comes from. And it's not like he does everything by himself; he has assistants as well, just like other mangaka.

Either way, hopefully he won't strain himself too hard from now on. Health comes before work, and Oda can definitely afford to ease up a bit.
I agree, but the key word here is 'additional'. The regular weekly workload is already heavy enough. I mean seriously, most mangaka have their hands full with bi-weekly or even monthly serialization. Heck American comic even have problem find a consistent penciler and they only does 21 pages a month...

JUMP mangaka is already been called to have the craziest workload among mangaka, then you add a week worth of workload every month or two, then special projects like movie and such...

There is a reason why there were reports/rumors that time skip was originally planned to be 3 month instead of just 1 month and was for health reason.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2013-06-04 at 10:57.
Old 2013-06-04, 13:37   Link #94
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Actually, we got early spoilers.
If you happen to be awake..

Yeah, just my luck to hit the sack right when the spoilers arrived!

Well, the thread was already made, so you guys know the drill.
Closed Thread