AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-26, 08:44   Link #3221
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
What the...

Spoiler for Chapter 88:
I fucking lol'ed when I saw that too. This means Medaka Box's world is pretty much on par with Zaregoto's world in terms of power level (despite what I said ages ago). Also confirmed that she's the most screwed up person of them all with that much abnormalities and minuses.

I also think Nisio has a ton of fun making Kumagawa's character, considering all his abilities are word based. His original minus
Spoiler for 88:
Ignore this, info are all wrong.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-02-27 at 11:35.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 10:39   Link #3222
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I fucking lol'ed when I saw that too. This means Medaka Box's world is pretty much on par with Zaregoto's world in terms of power level (despite what I said ages ago). Also confirmed that she's the most screwed up person of them all with that much abnormalities and minuses.

I also think Nisio has a ton of fun making Kumagawa's character, considering all his abilities are word based. His original minus
Spoiler for 88:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Soji; 2011-02-26 at 13:06.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 12:13   Link #3223
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Is it wrong of me to always like the bad girl in a series?

Poor girl got her face ripped off. But couldn't Kumagawa use all fiction to nullify it?
(Probably she could nullify it herself )

BTW, what is her true translated name? I'm seeing Ajimu, Ajimi, Najimi(da F**k?).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 13:12   Link #3224
Soji

^I went to review, and translation and kumagawa call her Ajimu Najimi.
I was sure it was Ajimi .
Anyways you're right if she is so powerful why she not heal herself?
Old 2011-02-26, 14:30   Link #3225
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
It was recently declared as Ajimu, seeing as her name was actually said. Before we might've used Ajimi (I can't remember) only as a placeholder until we could get concrete evidence otherwise.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 15:32   Link #3226
Last Carpet

I've tried to look back to see Misogi's use of All-Fiction. He erases damage, corrosion, eyesight, his own aura, another Minus(that sort of up in the air for me though). There are so many other ways he could use his Minus.

He could try to erase other Students Abnormalities and make them Normals. If he wanted Kouki to be his old thug self, he could try to erase his new personality.

And something that occurs to me is an opportunity he doesn't seem to realize he has. If he really wanted to bring Medaka down, he could use his Minus to erase Zenkichi's feelings for her and hatred of him.

There are so many creative ways he could use his Minus. I hope Misogi, or rather Nisio, becomes aware of these possibilities and uses them in the manga.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 18:29   Link #3227
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
umm, apparently he can't erase everything there is =/. Something with a too deep emotional bond might be too much even for his looney-toonesque skillz
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 06:15   Link #3228
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
There are so many creative ways he could use his Minus. I hope Misogi, or rather Nisio, becomes aware of these possibilities and uses them in the manga.
I think, Misogi knows this options you suggested, but it seems he isn´t interested in them.

If you think back, he never erased something for another person, which would NOT seem to be annoying or disadvantageous. The only exception would be Zenkichi´s sight and the keyhole to the bomb. But in the first case, he basically fullfilled Zenkichi´s "wish" to never see Kumagawa again and in the last case he did it with the intention to blow himself up.

I think the reason is, as we saw in chapter 88, that...
Spoiler:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 11:33   Link #3229
Kunagisa

Well, Nisio cheated, Misogi doesn't have All Fiction anymore, so there goes all those possibilities ...

Spoiler for 88:

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-02-27 at 11:54. Reason: some info
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 18:05   Link #3230
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
So he ain't immortal anymore?
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 00:06   Link #3231
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
So he ain't immortal anymore?
Unless his first Minus allows him to deny death like All-Fiction did, no he shouldn't be. All-Fiction messed with the Law of Causality which allowed him to undo death. This Minus would have to avert death in a different way. Even then, Ajimu might just revive him whenever she wants anyway.
Old 2011-02-28, 19:24   Link #3232
AQVXZ11

Even though Kumagawa has made it back, he still won't be fighting Medaka right? He already had a turn, and I doubt people are allowed to fight twice. So it's still Shiranui's turn right?
AQVXZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 23:49   Link #3233
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Kuudou you beast. I worship you.

I'm guessing Shiranui's "All Eater" must affect other abilities somehow? That's what I'm getting at. Obviously there's going to be more to it nonetheless.
Old 2011-03-01, 07:11   Link #3234
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Is it wrong of me to always like the bad girl in a series?

Poor girl got her face ripped off. But couldn't Kumagawa use all fiction to nullify it?
(Probably she could nullify it herself )

BTW, what is her true translated name? I'm seeing Ajimu, Ajimi, Najimi(da F**k?).
Well, the problem with nullifying it, is that it happened before he gained All-Fiction. As Zen and Medaka said, he didn't have th power in middle school when the incident went down. And now, considering she's probably dead or something, he has no body to reverse, not to mention, it's been a LONG time since then and it's shown that All Fiction has its limits

Not sure why she didn't heal herself... Only thing I can think of is that she didn't gain her powers until after her death and obtained whatever form she has now.
Old 2011-03-01, 11:08   Link #3235
zeando
maybenotimome

dunno the actual limits of kumagawa's all fiction, but the first time he showed it in the manga he was able to nullify the missing organs of Maguro, and those were scars from at least 1 or 2 years? or maybe those were more recent because maguro said he used them as an excuse to exit the flask plan :/

about healing herself, maybe there is some sort of advantage in remaining as a spirit bound to the personal after-life space of one person,
maybe she could heal herself but simply find more interesting don't doing so (probably to haunt/controll better kumagawa)
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 15:46   Link #3236
AQVXZ11

Is Kumagawa going to fight Medaka or will Shiranui?
AQVXZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 16:03   Link #3237
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQVXZ11 View Post
Is Kumagawa going to fight Medaka or will Shiranui?
I believe it's Kumagawa. He's both the President AND the General Affairs Officer, so he's fighting again.

Of course, considering they challenged Medaka's group because she was playing both the President and Vice President, he's basically doing the same thing she is...
Old 2011-03-01, 16:28   Link #3238
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I believe it's Kumagawa. He's both the President AND the General Affairs Officer, so he's fighting again.

Of course, considering they challenged Medaka's group because she was playing both the President and Vice President, he's basically doing the same thing she is...
Honestly, I would hate if it's really Medaka vs Kumagawa and if she wins .
I want Zen vs Kumagawa especially now that kumagawa has its original minus back, would be interesting to see Zen reaction , if we think that is probably this minus that is the cause of Zen trauma(the fear against Kumagawa).
Honestly, from what we saw during this arc seems to me that is Zen the one which should do the last fight against Kumagawa and not Medaka (especially after they have already fight twice) and Ajimu gave her vision to him and that briefly talk about minus have a heart .
I'm sure that there is a reason for this and if medaka is the one that wins against Kumagawa the previous chapters becomes a waste of time as if they never happening or at least I think so.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-03-01 at 17:42.
Old 2011-03-01, 17:23   Link #3239
Iron21

Zen vs Shiranui.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 17:40   Link #3240
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Zen vs Shiranui.
Is that what's it's going to be or what you're hoping for? I'd like to see that fight as much as Medaka vs Shiranui. There's a good chance Zen might lose to her if he can't really bring himself to harm her... Or Shiranui is as dangerous as I think she is.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council