AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-02-21, 14:12   Link #141
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Carey Price leads Team Canada to a shutout over over Team USA - 1-0!

Excellent semi-final game. Very exciting game, especially the 1st period.
Old 2014-02-21, 14:12   Link #142
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Fine margins again in men's hockey, but I will take it. Also, it's another great day for Canada with 1) a gold-silver double in women's ski cross by Marielle Thompson and Kelsea Serwa, 2) a gold medal in men's curling by Brad Jacobs' team, 3) a bronze medal in short track speed skating (500 m) by Charles Cournoyer.

Fingers crossed for the final against Sweden and in 4-man bobsled now.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 14:14   Link #143
DarkJak2050

I guess, you two missed the memo...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 14:17   Link #144
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
If you're just here to complain and not appreciate the performances in good spirits, take a hike, cry yourself in a corner, and stop shitting over people. I didn't reply to yesterday's post of yours, but that was beyond ridiculous of something to show of a video clip. Bitterness should only reach certain limits, but you clearly crossed them.
Old 2014-02-21, 14:25   Link #145
DarkJak2050

That clip was fitting for the US women...

For the men, US didn't stay on their man. Even for a quick second you can't leave your man alone. Jamie Benn took advantage of that and tipped it passed Quick.

Although they were close to Benn, they could've lift his stick up before the shot was made, but they didn't.

Oh sure the game was entertaining, but on different levels than others.

And I'm just telling the truth. Same goes with my post on the last page.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 14:30   Link #146
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
What are you talking about? Nobody on this thread is bashing Team USA. In fact, I'm emphasizing the shutout because shutting out a team of the high quality of Team USA is a huge feather in Canada and Carey Price's cap - It makes me happy both as a Team Canada fan and as a fan of the Habs (Price's NHL team).

Kira and I are just celebrating Canada's victories. Would you not be celebrating American's victories in your favorite sport?
Old 2014-02-21, 15:21   Link #147
james0246

In other news, Canadian Curling reached a new apex with a Gold in Men's Curling. Between the Men's and Women's Gold in Hockey and now the Men's and Women's Gold in Curling, I think Canada has officially won the Olympics .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 21:55   Link #148
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
That loss in the women's gold medal match is just plain embarrassing.

The loss today in men's hockey is just plain depressing.

We cannot get over the hump against Canada in hockey.

Like I figured, Canada will sweep the team sports. Unless Sweden pulls through for me.... hah. Fat chance of that.

Watch the Finns roll us for the Bronze.
Quote:
You thought that's dissappointing?

You should be glad that you guys got medals period. Although it's not much, but better than nothing.

The US doesn't have any medals at all (Both Long and Short Track).

And this is the first Winter Games without Apolo Ohno. So with him gone, so is our Short Track.

Unless if J.R. Celski ("Supposedly" Apolo's "Successor") can pull something out of his ass for the 5000m relay...

In other news, Evi Sachenacher-Stehle got popped for doping. Wow.

But after how he did in the individual events, I just don't see that happening.
Somehow, we salvaged Silver in the 5000m short-track relay today. Unreal that we're ending the Olympics with 1 medal in both long- and short-track. Nearly a 100% debacle. We're not the strongest in skating, but we're pretty good. What happened this time around would be unbelievable if I didn't see it happen.

In other news.... Evi Sachenbacher-Stehle got popped for doping. Wow. I guess it's her second run-in during the Olympics with the blood test, but... She was not performing well in these Olympics. Odd.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2014-02-21 at 22:07.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 22:30   Link #149
Yye1
Wide Right

Its kinda sad to think this might be the last Olympics featuring NHL players....

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 23:14   Link #150
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Its kinda sad to think this might be the last Olympics featuring NHL players....
That's really sad when you think that the NBA never strayed away from participating at the Summer Olympics since 1992 and thus allowed basketball to become more than just USA since. Look around: Spain, Argentina, Montenegro, Lithuania and Germany became much stronger through the coming of NBA players into the picture. A number of their guys went playing in the NBA as a result.

The NHL would make a fatal mistake if there's no agreement on getting NHL players back in there for future Olympics. European players would be deserting the NHL into the KHL and in other leagues that are more sympathetic to sending players at the Olympics. Meanwhile, what would we get in North America? The NHL would look like what it was before Europeans came in the picture, same old shit and outdated concepts at times.

When I read the whining from Garth Snow as his reaction on the John Tavares injury, it really made me cringe. It's not anyone's fault if he can't build a team that needs not to rely on one single player. Garth, you're a retarded bellend and an incompetent fool.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-02-22 at 00:38.
Old 2014-02-22, 00:27   Link #151
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post

She won't, Korea loves her. The number one most searched term in Naver right now is "연아야 고마워" which means "Thank you Yuna". At this point they are more angry at the judges.
Since when is skate judging, especially Olympic skate judging....something that is subjective by nature, not full of BS due to the external influence of....just about the biggest horde of meddling eyes ever? It's the same at Vancouver....

There's reason why the Worlds is viewed with marginally more legitimacy than the Olympics.

Usually you watch the Olympics skate purely for the performance and give no shits for the scores whatever they may be.

That's why curling is so mch more calm I suppose.
Old 2014-02-22, 07:56   Link #152
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anger at hockey goal melts political ice in Russia

Quote:

The American referee's refusal to count what would have been a winning goal for Russia against the United States on Saturday outraged fans from across the political divide, breaking down barriers in a way that almost nothing else can in Russia.

One, who identified herself as I. Dombrovskaya, wrote: "Turn the referee into soap. Booooooooooo."
So gulags are outdated, soap material is the in-thing now?

Russians never cease to amaze me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 08:05   Link #153
konart

"Судью на мыло!" is a VERY old phrase in russian. It precedes gulags by decades at teast.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:09   Link #154
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
"Судью на мыло!" is a VERY old phrase in russian. It precedes gulags by decades at teast.
So now the Russians are experiencing their own retro era?

How did that soap thing even come about anyway.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:13   Link #155
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So now the Russians are experiencing their own retro era?
Well... the phrase is commonly used since... i don't know when And it's not like it was ever forgotten. So it's not the case
Old 2014-02-22, 10:36   Link #156
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Freestyle: Canada coach spread Burke's ashes on halfpipe course
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A1L0G720140222
Old 2014-02-22, 10:52   Link #157
konart

Gold in biathlon and Russia takes 1st place. We might not be able to hold it till the end, but it's still nice to be there If only we didn't lose to Finland...
Old 2014-02-22, 11:28   Link #158
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Well... the phrase is commonly used since... i don't know when And it's not like it was ever forgotten. So it's not the case
I hope it's not because soap during the Mongol era was made from human fat...<__<
Old 2014-02-22, 12:16   Link #159
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I hope it's not because soap during the Mongol era was made from human fat...<__<
Yak fat. That human fat thing was a myth.

Fat has always been used to make soap. Must have emphasised on the fact that the referee is from fatmurica.

Old 2014-02-22, 12:19   Link #160
Athena
The Power of One

US men's hockey. Ouch.

Grats to Finland, winning without Saku, Mikko, Fil and Barkov.

Tags
olympics