AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-16, 09:43   Link #41
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Thanks for this recommendation guys; I really like this 'application of modern world knowledge' genre of novels, and the English character names help me enjoy it even more. Binge read all the translated chapters in one day.

@ungururuh

Could you answer this:

What is the whole 'witches' extreme suffering at their coming-of-age' about? How did Anna get past it (if she already did)?

Thanks!
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 11:32   Link #42
ungururuh

@ID555
@sacredriver -- sorry about that m8, I read your post and wanted to reply but something came up and afterwards I forgot, you have your answer on "What kind of warriors does the Church have?" below in the second spoiler.
Spoiler:

In case you asked a question and didn't receive an answer then please do remind us about the question. I do believe that any type of question no matter how silly deserves at least the courtesy of a reply. So don't hold back.
Also, if you find the answers confusing or unsatisfactory then please point what you think is wrong with it out so we can try to address the issue.

Last edited by ungururuh; 2016-08-16 at 13:21.
ungururuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 13:27   Link #43
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungururuh View Post
@ID555
@sacredriver -- sorry about that m8, I read your post and wanted to reply but something came up and afterwords I forgot, you have your answer on what "What kind of warriors does the Church have?" below in the second spoiler.
Spoiler:
I tought church is the enemy. And witches faction is the one or part of large faction that fighting church.

and as far as I read there are many church fighting for hegemony of land in past and current church is winner.

everyone has their own witch.. and in last stage of war some faction conduct experiment with witch power. they succeeded but pay the hefty price and died out. thus current church is the winner.. they build their force steadily and witch persecution was declared in fear other church remnant use witch against them
Old 2016-08-16, 14:00   Link #44
ungururuh

@Prongs
There are parts that are right and parts that are a mix of a few things that lead to the wrong conclusion

Spoiler:

Last edited by ungururuh; 2016-08-16 at 14:17.
Old 2016-08-16, 15:17   Link #45
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Talking

Quote:
@Prongs
There are parts that are right and parts that are a mix of a few things that lead to the wrong conclusion

Spoiler:
I got my conclusion from

Spoiler for reason:

notion of devil becomes obsolete once roland mass produce modern weaponry.

Last edited by Prongs; 2016-08-16 at 15:40.
Prongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 22:38   Link #46
obnuchious

Wimbeldon .... everytime I see their name I keep thinking of tennis... >_<

for the droppers, thanks for the spoilers... the way the Church does things sound familiar in a different story but can't recall which one

and what the enemy did, was the smartest plan to win
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 22:57   Link #47
ungururuh

@Prongs

Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-16, 23:09   Link #48
ungururuh

Roland you bastard!! You made bras

I know you want every man to understand the divine salvation that perky and firm breast give while you are enjoying the sight of Anna's "holly mountains". Don't find excuses like "it's for women's health and happiness".
Old 2016-08-16, 23:34   Link #49
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
@ID555
@sacredriver -- sorry about that m8, I read your post and wanted to reply but something came up and afterwards I forgot, you have your answer on "What kind of warriors does the Church have?" below in the second spoiler.
Spoiler:

In case you asked a question and didn't receive an answer then please do remind us about the question. I do believe that any type of question no matter how silly deserves at least the courtesy of a reply. So don't hold back.
Also, if you find the answers confusing or unsatisfactory then please point what you think is wrong with it out so we can try to address the issue.

Wow that's awesome.

I thought it was
Spoiler for .:

Also, the church sounds horrible.
Spoiler for .:
Old 2016-08-16, 23:40   Link #50
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Roland you bastard!! You made bras

I know you want every man to understand the divine salvation that perky and firm breast give while you are enjoying the sight of Anna's "holly mountains". Don't find excuses like "it's for women's health and happiness".

Thongs and garter belts won't be too far away then....

Oh, don't forget thigh-high socks!
Old 2016-08-16, 23:46   Link #51
ungururuh

@ID555
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Thongs and garter belts won't be too far away then....

Oh, don't forget thigh-high socks!
OOO indeed, I think he will be rolling them out slowly not to let others notice that he's a pervert at heart.

Last edited by ungururuh; 2016-08-18 at 08:15.
Old 2016-08-16, 23:50   Link #52
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Ughh
Old 2016-08-17, 00:05   Link #53
ungururuh

I think history will remember him as the most enlightened man ever to have been born.

The one that bestowed goddesses upon the earth and endowed them with the most fearsome weapons of man's creation.

At least half of the population of the world will revere him for generation to come and write tells and sing songs of his accomplishment.

Legends will be born and he will be their progenitor, sawing the seed and the desire to seek and find true innovation for their own happiness in husbands, fathers, brothers all over the world.

All jokes aside though, he is one of those rare chinese novel protagonists that actually cares about his love interests and takes the time to know them and doesn't force himself on them because of some random bullshit like "he is a genius, the strongest under the heavens" (and then proceeds to rape and kill everyone that even breaths in his direction because he is a genius but has a dick for a brain; how the hell people can even claim those types of creatures are intelligent and cunning is beyond me).

Last edited by ungururuh; 2016-08-17 at 00:25.
Old 2016-08-17, 00:46   Link #54
obnuchious

how is Anna described physically currently?
Old 2016-08-17, 01:04   Link #55
ungururuh

Physically? You mean body proportions?
It's not even been more then a year since the start of the story so there are no big physical changes to her body from the way she was described the first time.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-17, 01:17   Link #56
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
how is Anna described physically currently?
witch has better body proportion than ordinary female. it was describe in story lot of aristocrat made them as plaything snu snu included...

they are like supermodels here.. and I wait for bra too.. yeah

btw Nightingale is best girl...followed by anna, macy the bird..

and Book/Scroll cause I love MILF.
Old 2016-08-17, 04:21   Link #57
obnuchious

if there would be a telepath/mind reader witch, you think this could work; Roland asks telepath to become a 'link' between him and Scroll then have Scroll 'summon' particular books ... then have painter to 'print' the books to be permanent...?
Old 2016-08-17, 04:42   Link #58
ungururuh

@obnuchious
Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-18, 03:06   Link #59
sacredriver

What did Roland do after the month of the demons? you said he conquered longsong fort, how did he do that?
What about the civil war? does he participate in anyway? his siblings still trying to kill him?
sacredriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 03:41   Link #60
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredriver View Post
What did Roland do after the month of the demons? you said he conquered longsong fort, how did he do that?
What about the civil war? does he participate in anyway? his siblings still trying to kill him?
After the Demon Month, it was mostly social/technological/magical development on his side. Major events are further development of his territory, the mass production of guns and cannons, receiving the 9 new witches from the wilds, etc...

Then the civil war started, with the first prince getting offed, the second prince declaring himself the new king, the 3rd princess having none of that, etc... At that point, the Duke of Longsong was aligned towards the 2nd prince, and the MC was very deliberately avoiding the summons from said prince for him to return to the capital and swear allegiance. Plus the Duke wasn't too happy with the MC either, so he ended up leading an army to capture the MC (and probably teach those uppity peasants in the border town a lesson at the same time). The Longsong cavalry then proceeded to run straight into a prepped killing field that MC prepared with Leaf's magic and Lightning's scouting:
- Single corridor with heavy foliage (impassable for cavalry) on the sides
- Corridor with short grass concealing heavy vines on the ground

Against guns and cannons, the Longsong army got pretty much annihilated with the Duke dead and everyone left alive being taken prisoner. With the Longsong army destroyed, the lord dead, and a great number of hostages, the MC negotiated Longsong's surrender and ransomed the nobles back for people and materials (he kept all the knghts though, so Longsong wouldn't be able to muster up a new army to act against him anytime soon).

On the actual civil war, the MC is mostly staying out of it, or at least as much as possible (much like his little sister the 5th princess). So far neither the 2nd prince nor the 3rd princess have paid much attention to him, due to him keeping a mostly low profile, and have kept the bulk of their forces for other things. Only exception is a small expedition sent by the 2nd prince , and they got easily wiped out too.

That said, the MC is taking advantage of the civil war in more subtle ways: One major plot was to take advantage of the refugee problems that tend to arise in wars, and he ended up taking a huge number of the refugees to his own territory with the help of a friendly merchant group.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, romance, slice of life, supernatural