Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-17, 00:29   Link #101
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^So competing evenly (not necessarily beating, but being able to hold your own) with an Admiral, arguably some of the strongest people we have seen in the series up to this point, is "nothing special"? Well, for me at least, Marco has been amazing...admittedly, I went into this arc expecting Whitebeard to be the only one able to fight against an Admiral, so I have had the opposite reaction to MarvelB: my expectations started low, and were raised as the battle commenced...
Ok.
You took what I said out of context.
I already knew some of Whitebeard forces would be able to fight admirals.
Otherwise it would not make sense for the Marines to mobilize to World Powers..
The World Government and the Shichibukai, to deal with one Yonkou.
Unless they planned on completely annihilating them.
When I said nothing special I was referring to his Devil Fruit ability.
I believe Marvel was talking about his expectations of Marco because of his fruit.
And so far Marco is nothing special, referring to his abilities.
The only thing that's interesting so far is his Immortality.
Old 2010-01-17, 00:44   Link #102
james0246

^Then, I apologize for my misunderstanding of your post (I will admit, the fact that you center your posts do make it difficult for me to read them). Yes, Marco's Phoenix abilities seem to be a bit lacking...then again what powers are mythological Phoenix's supposed to have besides resurrection and immortality (and in the occasional mythology, a good singing voice )?
Old 2010-01-17, 01:03   Link #103
seiji_kun

Shouldn't he be able to do at least something with fire? Not to a degree that Ace can but at least some limited fire skills. Else it does seem to be lacking a bit in the offense department. Though could you imagine Garp with his DF seeing Garp seems one hell of a brawler.
Old 2010-01-17, 01:36   Link #104
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

if macro n jozu are able to go against the admirals, does that mean ace can too since he's the 2nd commander. But since he lost to blackbeard, does that mean blackbeard is stronger than the admirals?
Old 2010-01-17, 02:33   Link #105
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
if macro n jozu are able to go against the admirals, does that mean ace can too since he's the 2nd commander. But since he lost to blackbeard, does that mean blackbeard is stronger than the admirals?
Not necessarily... It's not certain if the level of strength is proportional to which division the commander leads. When Ace became the 2nd division commander, it was said that it was an unfilled seat. So it's kinda uncertain if Ace was just filling a hole amongst the commanders, of if Whitebeard truly felt that he was the second strongest member after marco.... you can kinda think of it in terms of Bleach... whether WB uses the Gotei 13 method (where the numbers are irrelevant to strength) or the espada method (where numbers are relevant to power)

it is kind of a poor structure to number the commanders in order of strength... It becomes a mess if one of the commanders were to die/quit... in order to maintain the structure you have to shift everyone's numbers/divisions... so now because of one missing captain all the commanders below his rank are now leading different people...
Old 2010-01-17, 02:58   Link #106
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
And the last sentence is one of the few times I probably agree with you. I do think Oda is way more original and there can still be more twists then to do what I'm hoping or think can happen.
I really don't care if you agree or disagree with me. This is only the internet and we're discussing a Japanese comic, so the discussion is not serious for me in the least bit. I've provided valid reasoning for my opinion, and if you don't like it that is just too bad. In the end, I want Luffy to encounter more problems if he's to save Ace, and you don't. It's that simple. End of discussion.

Here's to hoping that Garp knocks Luffy out sometime in the subsequent chapters.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2010-01-17 at 03:10.
Old 2010-01-17, 04:18   Link #107
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I really don't care if you agree or disagree with me. This is only the internet and we're discussing a Japanese comic, so the discussion is not serious for me in the least bit. I've provided valid reasoning for my opinion, and if you don't like it that is just too bad. In the end, I want Luffy to encounter more problems if he's to save Ace, and you don't. It's that simple. End of discussion.

Here's to hoping that Garp knocks Luffy out sometime in the subsequent chapters.
Do you really think I care myself? Now stop trolling with the I don't care and garp remark, I'm not that easely baited. And seems you really didn't get what it was about, it was about you thinking that others beside Garp or Sengoku will interfere with him which obviously won't happen cause I haven't have the slightest problem with Luffy still having to struggle cause that would only mean Luffy will own which I welcome to. It's that simple...
Old 2010-01-17, 05:27   Link #108
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
^So competing evenly (not necessarily beating, but being able to hold your own) with an Admiral, arguably some of the strongest people we have seen in the series up to this point, is "nothing special"?
LOL, isn't it obvious?
Here is a retarted view on the matter:

Quote:
Marco kicked Kizaru and Aokiji and they came back virtually unharmed. Nuff said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
if macro n jozu are able to go against the admirals, does that mean ace can too since he's the 2nd commander.
Even if he wasn't the 2nd division Captain, how can the Admirals defeat them?

Quote:
But since he lost to blackbeard, does that mean blackbeard is stronger than the admirals?
It depends on what the Admirals can do without their DFs.
Old 2010-01-17, 08:07   Link #109
andy

seems like some really early spoilers out for 571

On another note i think the admirals would able to give BB a better fight than ace, they seem to know how to use there powers better , know about haki and seem like they can take hits.
Old 2010-01-17, 08:30   Link #110
Warlord90

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post

On another note i think the admirals would able to give BB a better fight than ace, they seem to know how to use there powers better , know about haki and seem like they can take hits.
Where did you find them ?

The Royal Shichibukai !!!
Old 2010-01-17, 08:44   Link #111
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:

I'm not so sure. They do have more combat experience than Ace, but BB's power is a very unique one. I can imagine it would be so insanely unatural for long time Logia user to have their power nullified, that to come up with an alternative against such a strong opponent is just too hard. We saw in the Ace vs. BB fight that Ace was completely flabbergasted, even though BB gave the good old whole explanation about his power (which, by the way, is one of the silliest things in Shounen, and amuses me to no end. )

Also, I was wondering how Jozu is supposed to get his arm back. It's kind of Un-Odaish to sever limbs from high level charaters in battle without any particular consequence for the story (Like with Shanks). Perhaps there is some weird broken healing-DF out there which allows the reattach his arm, but I found it peculiar, unless he decides to kill of Jozu. Which is also very Un-Odaish.
Old 2010-01-17, 09:05   Link #112
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
I'm not so sure. They do have more combat experience than Ace, but BB's power is a very unique one. I can imagine it would be so insanely unatural for long time Logia user to have their power nullified, that to come up with an alternative against such a strong opponent is just too hard. We saw in the Ace vs. BB fight that Ace was completely flabbergasted, even though BB gave the good old whole explanation about his power (which, by the way, is one of the silliest things in Shounen, and amuses me to no end. )

Also, I was wondering how Jozu is supposed to get his arm back. It's kind of Un-Odaish to sever limbs from high level charaters in battle without any particular consequence for the story (Like with Shanks). Perhaps there is some weird broken healing-DF out there which allows the reattach his arm, but I found it peculiar, unless he decides to kill of Jozu. Which is also very Un-Odaish.
Yes but you have to remember if the admirals fight guys that know haki it mean the had to be able to take some blows , not saying they could beat BB or BB could beat them . Just saying i think they would put up more than fight than ace.
Old 2010-01-17, 09:05   Link #113
DSDSSDWE
Blah

IMO Jozu can not and did not hold his own against an admiral at all. He never had a chance against any of them (well, maybe Kizaru in theory, because light attacks probably don't do much against diamond). From where I stood he never stood a chance against Aokiji, it was just a matter of time before he got his butt frozen. Jozu landed a hit on Aokiji only because WB speared him with (probably) a haiki infused attack, making it slightly easier for him to be hit and take some damage.

Marco managed to repel Kizaru's attacks (aimed at WB) and landed a hit on Aokiji when he was trying to spear Luffy (thereby saving his life, btw). Concerning his "Phoenix" power, he probably wouldn't be destroyed by magma attacks either. He's IMO the only one on WB's side, besides WB himself, that could go toe to toe with the admirals and live. Only reason he got his ass kicked was because he let his guard down when WB was in trouble.

Anyway, the marines would have (easily) won this battle if not for Luffy and co dropping from the sky. This reinforced WB's side with 2 former Shichibukai members (Croc and Jimbei), 1 current Shichibukai with Boa jumping ship because of Luffy (and easily destroying the Pacifistas, which is huge also). And remember, the only reason Ace ain't dead right now is because Luffy hit them with his haki attack. Croc also saved Ace once in this war (although Marco could have arguably done that himself). But even with this amazing reinforcement on their side the marines still have the upper hand. Makes you think how incredibly one sided this war would have been without Luffy and co.

There's also no way Luffy will defeat Garp, even conflicted as Garp is, let alone Sengoku, who's pretty determined to kick the crap out of whoever that tries to save Ace. And WB is too weak to have an even fight with either of them. If there is, however, some way to free Ace, I'm guessing he's going to go rampage all over the place. And assuming he'll level up a bit because of all these pent up emotions, he'll even go toe to toe with admirals and hold his own.

PS.: Kuma's powers are totally hax. Why he hasn't teleported himself behind strong people to teleport them straight into an active volcano or something is anybody's guess.

Last edited by DSDSSDWE; 2010-01-17 at 09:23.
Old 2010-01-17, 09:41   Link #114
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
^Then, I apologize for my misunderstanding of your post (I will admit, the fact that you center your posts do make it difficult for me to read them). Yes, Marco's Phoenix abilities seem to be a bit lacking...then again what powers are mythological Phoenix's supposed to have besides resurrection and immortality (and in the occasional mythology, a good singing voice )?
Yeah I'm curious to see just how his Ressurection works.
Any ideas?
Old 2010-01-17, 12:11   Link #115
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Do you really think I care myself? Now stop trolling with the I don't care and garp remark, I'm not that easely baited.
I don't expect you to care, nor did I even imply such a thought. And because I say I don't care whether you agree or disagree with me means that I'm trolling? You amuse me to no end. Learn how to use your choice of words properly, because anyone with an open mind will see that I'm not trolling. That's twice now where you've shown you don't know what a certain term means.

Quote:
And seems you really didn't get what it was about, it was about you thinking that others beside Garp or Sengoku will interfere with him which obviously won't happen
No, my original point was that Luffy would be bound to encounter some opposition, whether that be in the form of Garp, Sengoku, or any of the other top dogs in this war. Who's putting words in whose mouth now ? We'll see if I'm right in the chapters still to come.
Old 2010-01-17, 13:11   Link #116
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Yeah I'm curious to see just how his Ressurection works.
Any ideas?
Yeah, I was wondering that myself. Maybe it is just the pseudo-intangibility we have seen thus far (i.e. what we have been calling regeneration)? (Whatever the case, I doubt Marco will have true resurrection, if for no other reason than Brooke already ate that fruit.) I'm also interested to know if Ace's fire could somehow help or enhance Marco's abilities...

Quote:
Yeah, and they are from a seemingly reliable source as well...

Quote:
Ace could take hits. In fact, Blackbeard was impressed at Ace's physical conditioning. And, he was bound to know of Haki considering that Whitebeard was constantly beating on him until Ace settled down.

That being said, it is hard to extrapolate just how Blackbeard would do against the Admirals considering we still do not know all that much about the various characters powers and experience. I tend to think (and without any true reason), though, that Blackbeard isn't quite ready to face an Admiral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord90 View Post
?
This is not a question to be asked (since it is against the forum rules).

Last edited by james0246; 2010-01-17 at 13:38.
Old 2010-01-17, 13:55   Link #117
marvelB

Early spoiler is early, isn't it?
Old 2010-01-17, 13:56   Link #118
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
That being said, it is hard to extrapolate just how Blackbeard would do against the Admirals considering we still do not know all that much about the various characters powers and experience. I tend to think (and without any true reason), though, that Blackbeard isn't quite ready to face an Admiral.
I'm fairly certain Blackbeard hasn't mastered his darkness ability yet, so that would be a valid reason as to why one might believe he isn't ready to face an admiral.
Old 2010-01-17, 19:41   Link #119
seiji_kun

Quote:
I don't expect you to care, nor did I even imply such a thought. And because I say I don't care whether you agree or disagree with me means that I'm trolling? You amuse me to no end. Learn how to use your choice of words properly, because anyone with an open mind will see that I'm not trolling. That's twice now where you've shown you don't know what a certain term means.
You probably know the meaning of trolling as good as you know the meaning of schooling... You've been flamebaiting, beeing hypocrit and lieing for ages now. Now give it a rest man. Cause I really don't have the patience to continue with you...

Quote:
No, my original point was that Luffy would be bound to encounter some opposition, whether that be in the form of Garp, Sengoku, or any of the other top dogs in this war. Who's putting words in whose mouth now ? We'll see if I'm right in the chapters still to come.
Lke lieing here what the initial discussion was about. It was never about Garp and Sengoku alone... You never made that clear, maybe you're just poor in wording yourself cause your favorite line is I never said that on these boards. Now don't expect me to reply to you again cause my patience with you have ran out ages ago and you'll just flamebait or lie (troll) again.
Old 2010-01-25, 13:17   Link #120
john_kun
Banned

haha I must say that OP is actually really good right now and I did enjoy this chapter.

man it's sucha difference compared how crappy it was at Moria arc.

Now ace will finally kick some major ass
Closed Thread