AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2019-04-14, 10:25   Link #1
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So I made a list of names to know in the early American fandom

Like any fandoms, the American anime fandoms, its culture, organization, and successes could be traced to the contribution of may passionate fans. After asking around, I was able to make a list of several prominent fans in the early days of the fandom. Here is the draft.

Please note that I am not from America, and since the information dated back so long ago, there maybe some misinformation in the draft. You you spot one, feel free to comment bellow.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-14, 10:29   Link #2
Tanuki.
Just another tanuki.

Cool stuff, thank you for your efforts! I’m not that deep into early anime fandom, but I always love to read or hear about the old days in podcasts or articles. Out of the list, I only know Schodt, McCarthy and Clements – I think anyone interested in literature about anime, anime history or a more scientific take on the medium will have heard of them.

And Mike Toole from ANN. Love his columns.

Also nice trivia list at the end.
Tanuki. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-14, 11:36   Link #3
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki. View Post
Cool stuff, thank you for your efforts! Im not that deep into early anime fandom, but I always love to read or hear about the old days in podcasts or articles. Out of the list, I only know Schodt, McCarthy and Clements I think anyone interested in literature about anime, anime history or a more scientific take on the medium will have heard of them.

And Mike Toole from ANN. Love his columns.

Also nice trivia list at the end.
Thanks! You might want to check this thread for a separated on websites about the old anime fandom that you might want to take a look at.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote