AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-20, 03:18   Link #23701
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Oh and Wild Goose, don't forget Anita and the Inquisition. She's on my side with regards to that. :/

Though who would've thought my oneliner could've spawned 4 replies... Small victory for a no-post day.

Khrack is Khrack and is meant to be shot down, what I don't like is to have a grand theory dissed just because it came from me and without one having read deeper into it. -_-
Old 2008-04-20, 03:30   Link #23702
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I always try to read deeper into things, but as you know I'm a stickler for canon, so anything that would mess with continuity will be in my sights.
Old 2008-04-20, 04:00   Link #23703
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Diana Dornier

Spoiler for ID profile:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for magic and combat style:

Spoiler for Fluffy stuff:

Last edited by Sheba; 2008-04-20 at 04:14.
Old 2008-04-20, 08:40   Link #23704
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Preacher... Bring in the bomb!

*TK bombs the crap out of the thread*

Well it's done... and it came out nearly as long as the first one; 14.3k words total. Beware that this chapter lacks action of any sort and includes ALLOT of talking and just a bit of INTENSE INVESTIGATING ACTION. So without further ado Chapter 2: The Return of Atuwe!!!

Well no that’s not that title acutally its…
Spoiler for Welcome to the Jungle:

Old 2008-04-20, 08:42   Link #23705
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
And where we have part two of this bomb...

Spoiler for Part Two:

Old 2008-04-20, 08:45   Link #23706
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

And lastly
Spoiler for Part 3:

And lastly some author ramblings!

Not much action going on in this chapter and not much Vita either, but hey let’s face it investigations aren’t really her thing so what are you gonna do? So what WAS she doing for most of this? Taking allot of naps perhaps? Fear not though she’ll be back to show off what she’s best at next chapter… indiscriminate destruction.

Felix of course is still around plenty being the main character and all and a couple of background guys of mine get some spotlight too mainly Atuwe and O’Neil who shows that yes he DOES do something besides nap in his office all day. Irene is around quite a bit too and her and Felix seem to get on rather well…

This chapter acutally ended up bigger then I expected and I even edited some scenes out that I felt didn’t really add allot to the plot and were holding up my progress. It was mostly some Vita/Pixy stuff and a bit of fluff about the Recon teams forming up which I admit in this final product feels a tad forced and rushed, but I was tired of this chapter and wanted to move on. I may write these up later as Sound Stages of a sort. (Probably not being the lazy bum I am)

When will the next chapter arrive you ask? Why when it’s done of coruse!

Old 2008-04-20, 09:15   Link #23707
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
And lastly some author ramblings!

Not much action going on in this chapter and not much Vita either, but hey let’s face it investigations aren’t really her thing so what are you gonna do? So what WAS she doing for most of this? Taking allot of naps perhaps? Fear not though she’ll be back to show off what she’s best at next chapter… indiscriminate destruction.

Felix of course is still around plenty being the main character and all and a couple of background guys of mine get some spotlight too mainly Atuwe and O’Neil who shows that yes he DOES do something besides nap in his office all day. Irene is around quite a bit too and her and Felix seem to get on rather well…

This chapter acutally ended up bigger then I expected and I even edited some scenes out that I felt didn’t really add allot to the plot and were holding up my progress. It was mostly some Vita/Pixy stuff and a bit of fluff about the Recon teams forming up which I admit in this final product feels a tad forced and rushed, but I was tired of this chapter and wanted to move on. I may write these up later as Sound Stages of a sort. (Probably not being the lazy bum I am)

When will the next chapter arrive you ask? Why when it’s done of coruse!
*thumbs up* Very nice stuff. Dry as heck but still nice stuff. Makes me feel guilty about not doing fic work myself.... Even then I wouldn't get close to that many words in a chapter.

I noticed at the start that Nanoha's been in office duty for a year-ish. When is this in the canon timeline? And I assume that was Sam Fisher in charge of the Intel Op's group XD. Very nice
Old 2008-04-20, 09:22   Link #23708
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
*thumbs up* Very nice stuff. Dry as heck but still nice stuff. Makes me feel guilty about not doing fic work myself.... Even then I wouldn't get close to that many words in a chapter.
Well it took me the better part of a mouth to crap that out.

Quote:
I noticed at the start that Nanoha's been in office duty for a year-ish. When is this in the canon timeline?
January 077 like six months before Aaron's fic (they're in the same time line) The date was set up in the first chapter posted back in march.

Quote:
And I assume that was Sam Fisher in charge of the Intel Op's group XD. Very nice
It's a refrence for sure, but whether it's really him is up in the air at this time.

Old 2008-04-20, 12:37   Link #23709
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Oh and Wild Goose, don't forget Anita and the Inquisition. She's on my side with regards to that. :/

Though who would've thought my oneliner could've spawned 4 replies... Small victory for a no-post day.

Khrack is Khrack and is meant to be shot down, what I don't like is to have a grand theory dissed just because it came from me and without one having read deeper into it. -_-
No need to fret, a good story is always good regardless of how it hews to any preconceived notions.
Old 2008-04-20, 13:44   Link #23710
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Question for the haxxbusters: are there any objections to a character having a multi-device setup, like what Subaru has with Mach Caliber and her Revolver Knuckle?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-20, 14:07   Link #23711
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Devices are just machines, so I doubt it would matter so long as they don't have any OMGWTF! Nuke settings at the push of a button. (Or a voice command.)
Old 2008-04-20, 14:07   Link #23712
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 2 of my doujinshi is ready

Here is an intro:

Spoiler for INTRO:

And here is the dowlnoad link for the 33 pages of this chapter

http://rapidshare.com/files/10905289...gance.rar.html

Enjoy!

Note: In this number makes her debut, Zaeta, the Demon Slayer
Old 2008-04-20, 15:14   Link #23713
Rockfest

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha TravellerS

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass,
leaving memories that become legend.
Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten
when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

What was, what will be, and what is,
May yet fall under the Shadow

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha TravellerS will now begin.

Chapter 1 (The Eye of the World) – Prologue
Spoiler for Prologue:

Chapter 1 (The Eye of the World) – Part 1 Preview

Spoiler for Preview:

Chapter 1 (The Eye of the World) – Part 1
Spoiler for Part 1:

Chapter 1 (The Eye of the World) – Part 2 Preview
Spoiler for Preview:

Author’s Notes
Spoiler for Notes:

Last edited by Rockfest; 2008-04-23 at 17:02.
Old 2008-04-20, 16:52   Link #23714
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfest View Post
Author’s Notes
Spoiler for Notes:
Now this is interesting, mainly because I too am working on a story explaining what happened to Belka. But it seems that while our intent is the same, our aproach is very different. You take the time-travel aproach with lots of Canon Character characters, I take the OC-route, with lots of unfamiliar characters. I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out.

And if you need OC's... I do have my knight, Tesla, if you still need people on the Belkan side. Her past can be adjusted anyway you wish to make her fit into the story. Lady Alistina Carter is actually my main OC in Fall of an Empire, but I've never writen a real profile of her. Bits and pieces of her are in my OC-list though.

And of course if you see any other OC's in my list, feel free to use them.

Gah! This story reminded me that I really need to get back to Fall of an Empire.
Old 2008-04-20, 17:20   Link #23715
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Question on the official timeline; do we have a specific date/year as to when Nanoha first became a combat instructor?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-20, 18:07   Link #23716
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Question on the official timeline; do we have a specific date/year as to when Nanoha first became a combat instructor?
Let's see....Nanoha and Nanoha A's was in 2005/MC 0065. The epilogue was 6 years later, making it 2011/MC 0071. By then she's a combat instructor, and on top of that, they only went through a 3 month course when they first signed on, so that means she finished her Basic in 2006/MC 0066.

Given though the fact that she would've had to at least gone through maybe a year of learning how to instruct and such, I'd say that she became a qualified instructor around 2007/MC 0067, 2008/MC 0068.

Mind you, that's a rough estimate based on the info given by the anime and manga.
Old 2008-04-20, 19:17   Link #23717
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I thank you for your concern, but I've already given Kagerou all the creative licence for whatever he needs, though with the kill count in Alpha, it pretty much is a plot with a completely AU continuation. Besides, its a Halo-esque fic; it doesn't follow the same rules as the original Nanohaverse.
If that's true, then it better damn well BE AU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Uomo: You got a problem with that?
Did I say I did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
True, you could. Question is, can you live with the consequences? Will you live?
That depends on the OC...

Artei = Death

Arcas = Hospital

Hayate = Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
We happen to like our traps here. Especially Keroko's
Some of us more than others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Pff please, everything in the story serves a purpose, you'll see.
Riiiight. Suuuure. I'll believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Nice set-up chapter.. Nothing much more to be said really

Thanks. Glad to see SOMEONE is reading my stuff...

What is WRONG with this thread?!

10 pages of stuff in 1 week?!

We used to cover that in a day or two!

Gotta keep plugging away...
Old 2008-04-20, 19:27   Link #23718
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Alright, ladies, gents, and haxxbusters! Here's a first look at Rico Sachara version 2.0! And make careful note: there is no unison device to be seen here!

Spoiler for Rico Sachara:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-20, 21:42   Link #23719
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Question for the haxxbusters: are there any objections to a character having a multi-device setup, like what Subaru has with Mach Caliber and her Revolver Knuckle?
No real problems here, unless you decide to go crazy and give your OC's zillions of devvices Bear in mind that Hayate is another multi device user who has 3 devices, her staff(armed), book (storage) and Rein (unison) who in turn has her own storage device(her own book). Having more devices than her is likely to get shot down immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfest View Post
Author’s Notes
Spoiler for Notes:
Very nice. You said that this was the first time you are writing a story, doesn't seem that way to me. It's put together very well. (probably becuse of your wide reading )

And don't worry, most of us here have written so we're all aware of how fleeting inspiration is, so take your time writing.

Nice pictures that you've found and used. Keep up the good work XD. It'll be interesting to see how this goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Thanks. Glad to see SOMEONE is reading my stuff...

Quote:
What is WRONG with this thread?!

10 pages of stuff in 1 week?!

We used to cover that in a day or two!
*shrug* We're all busy souls... And IRC has gotten rid of most of the random conversations that didn't really belong in the thread to begin with.
Quote:
Alright, ladies, gents, and haxxbusters! Here's a first look at Rico Sachara version 2.0! And make careful note: there is no unison device to be seen here!

Spoiler for Rico Sachara:
Not too bad overall. Then again there's no spell list which really is what I'm interested in. The only real complaint that I have with him is that he just happens to know/have links to just about every single member of the canon cast. Then again that just might be me.
Old 2008-04-20, 21:45   Link #23720
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
The only real complaint that I have with him is that he just happens to know/have links to just about every single member of the canon cast. Then again that just might be me.
The only canon cast members he knows directly are Nanoha-sensei and Fate-taichou. The others he only knows by reputation, but if Fate and Sensei respect them, then that's good enough for him. Spells will be posted shortly.

Quote:
Bear in mind that Hayate is another multi device user who has 3 devices, her staff(armed), book (storage) and Rein (unison) who in turn has her own storage device(her own book). Having more devices than her is likely to get shot down immediately.
Uh oh. Would a matched pair of Revolver Knuckles and a set of linked combat boots pass? It's three/four device units slaved to a single AI, like Subaru's setup...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Closed Thread