AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-05-19, 14:48   Link #261
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
^ Thanks. Makes me wonder who will be the model for the third Admiral. I heard someone say Chuck Norris, but I don't think so.
3rd admiral you mean Akainu (Sakazuki)?
they already showed his face in episode 278,and ayokiji they also already showed...
syler321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 16:45   Link #262
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
3rd admiral you mean Akainu (Sakazuki)?
they already showed his face in episode 278,and ayokiji they also already showed...
That's true, I just checked manga and anime to make sure XD but considering how normal he looks and sounds he might got weider with the 20 years that pasted. He wears a hood to hide his weird eyes or hair under the hat. His way of speaking might change as well.
Old 2009-05-21, 12:23   Link #263
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm a bit confused about the timeline in the anime:
Kid and Law encounter Kuma/a Pacifista immediately after leaving the auction house. IIRC in the manga this was the last time we saw them. In the anime however, we see, that Luffy&Co. went back to the bar, heard Rayleigh's story, and then set off; all of this probably took several hours. And then we see Kid and Law again, still fighting with Kuma. Doesn't this make the Pacifista look much weaker, if it'S possible for those two, to keep up with it several hours?
And it also makes it harder to guess the exact number of Pacifista, that were on the island at this time.
You can thank anime team for trying to write more battle action scene with characters power they knew.
Old 2009-05-21, 13:47   Link #264
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm a bit confused about the timeline in the anime:
Kid and Law encounter Kuma/a Pacifista immediately after leaving the auction house. IIRC in the manga this was the last time we saw them. In the anime however, we see, that Luffy&Co. went back to the bar, heard Rayleigh's story, and then set off; all of this probably took several hours. And then we see Kid and Law again, still fighting with Kuma. Doesn't this make the Pacifista look much weaker, if it'S possible for those two, to keep up with it several hours?
And it also makes it harder to guess the exact number of Pacifista, that were on the island at this time.
No it does not make the Kuma bot look weaker but stronger, being able to take on two well know Pirate crews, along with 3 Super novas, 2 that are close to Luffy's bounty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik
You can thank anime team for trying to write more battle action scene with characters power they knew.
Yeah, not to mentions to hard for Oda doesn't give them all that to begin with.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 18:39   Link #265
Wolcik

Personally I always thought that Kid would have it easy against Kuma because he is a cyborg and he is anime version of magneto.
Old 2009-05-21, 18:43   Link #266
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Personally I always thought that Kid would have it easy against Kuma because he is a cyborg and he is anime version of magneto.
Well, Kumabots could be made out of somethings else besides metal. Heck Zoro with his steel cutting lion song, had a tough time scratching Kuma.
Old 2009-05-22, 12:26   Link #267
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Since when could Zoro control his steel-cutting powers?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 13:05   Link #268
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He used controlled Lion song against Kuma at end of Thriller Bark arc, cant remember correct chapter atm
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 13:35   Link #269
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ah,found it, 485...zoro only managed to cut the cloth though, revealing the armour...but then again, he commented it was way harder than steel...anyway, those cyborg thingies are really strong!wonder what it would be like if there was a mihawk cyborg
Old 2009-05-22, 13:58   Link #270
Blaine

Quote:
Since his fight with Mr 1 during the alabasta arc IIRC
Old 2009-05-22, 14:07   Link #271
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ that was when he discovered he can cut steel, but later on he said he needed practice to enter that state of awareness again,so he couldn't control it yet. Afaik he still hasn't made it that far...anyway, to change topic once again, of all the pirates actually gathered in the island, I find Apoo and Drake to be the ones acting most like pirates-the former sticks around to have fun, deviating from the warrior-like path of Law/Kid/Monk, and Drake...well,he just screams "Pirate" from miles away. Seeing it that way, Luffy doesn't really stand out, he looks more like a fisherman than a pirate
Old 2009-05-22, 14:43   Link #272
Prestige

My favorite supernovas are Drake X, Urouge and Trafalgar Law.

I guess Drake joined Marines to serve justice and protect civilians but when he witnessed corruption and atrocitys of World goverment and merciless marine operations I guess he just abandoned marines disgusted.

Drake seems to be quite noble person, he is quite awesome and it seems he have some grudges against marines and world goverment just seeing how he charged to help Urouge and smashing that Pacifista through wall.

All supernovas are more and less awesome, Oda really did great job with them. Recent anime episodes have been epic, and though I cannot reveal any manga spoilers of coming episodes I really suggest anime only viewers to pay attention of upcoming episodes...

Things will be epic...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 15:37   Link #273
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
A while after he beat Mr 1, just look at Zoro track record using Lion song, he used it against kaku with no problems or set backs and against Kuma with no problems or set backs.
Old 2009-05-24, 14:15   Link #274
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well 402 is pretty cool, always wondered what Apoo's music would sound like was kinda odd I guess.
well Kizaru is awesome tho, he did some "wtf pwnzoring" in brilliant style
Old 2009-05-24, 15:41   Link #275
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Kizaru's animations in his serious mood were pretty good.But I must agree Apoo was pretty retarded with that kind of music in background.I'd prefer some simple drum,piano,trumpet sounds rather than "YO YO YEA MY MUSIC SH^+% KIZARU YO"
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 15:49   Link #276
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Kizaru's animations in his serious mood were pretty good.But I must agree Apoo was pretty retarded with that kind of music in background.I'd prefer some simple drum,piano,trumpet sounds rather than "YO YO YEA MY MUSIC SH^+% KIZARU YO"
Yeah... While that weird rapping of his was also in the manga, I'd say that was one part that didn't really work all that well in the anime... Also, I felt that Kizaru's kicks, apart from the last one against Drake, kinda lacked some of the "impact" they should have had, given that, y'know, he kicked them AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT and all... But overall, this episode was enjoyable... And the one coming up in two or three weeks has the potential of being one of the greatest episodes in the show, depending on how they handle it. (Or rather, depending on which animation-team handles it.)
Old 2009-05-25, 03:09   Link #277
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Shit, the kuma guy is damn strong.
VEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 08:35   Link #278
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Those 4 fighting Admiral Kizaru were some damn lucky people. But now Kidd and Law have to deal with him and the Kuma Android. But not before Luffy and Co. have to deal with Kizaru's right hand man/woman(?) and Kuma android.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 09:51   Link #279
SMASHERJACKSON

any1 else feel the art and animation hasnt been as good this ep? hope they step it up for the next couple of episodes....
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 18:56   Link #280
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
can't expect much from toei animation. If one piece is under pierrot studio, ( like bleach and naruto )..perhaps might be different
VEE is offline   Reply With Quote