AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2010-03-25, 23:53   Link #1561
Azel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quack-man View Post
Bringing up a point on what Subby has reported above:
Mr.Micnogna visited Sydney last year as the main guest to 'Supernova' - basically Sydney's attempt at holding an anime convention - anyway, the "main event" was a subbed screening of the newly released 1st episode of FMA:Brotherhood with Vic presenting, then question-time & autographs.
One of the questions asked was - "which characters or series are you wanting to be involved in or play a part for". Here, Vic launched into a 5min. talk about which series' he had seen over past year or so that he either enjoyed and/or were in the process of being licenced & which characters he would like to try to audition for & give voice to - most of which I had not even heard off at the time - of course given the opportunity I would love to play Edward again for this latest series of FMA he finished.
Someone from the audience asked "what about Kurz Webber?" & Vic's reply - was that he had only recently been contracted for at least one series, extending to two if required. Seeing some audience members clearly over-joyed with that news he quickly added not to get too excited as roles get cancelled or delayed all the time.

Personally, I say that 'something' is being worked upon behind the scenes. All of these little tidbits of information keep consistently popping up now, more recently over the past 6months, coinciding with the new (last?) novel release.
It would not surprise me if some members of kyo-ani have actually already been working away for the last 6-8months on a new FMP project.
Sounds very promising, and I honestly think that Vic probably would be privy to that kind of information if they were planning on licensing straight away. Which seems like it might be the case - bit dubious for fansubs, but you know how that goes... someone will always pick it up no matter how frowned upon it is, especially a big one like FMP.

Anywho, thank you for sharing this news I think it bodes well for a new FMP - I just hope it is in the autumn 2010 line-up rather than Spring 2011.

Does anyone know when the autumn lineup is usually announced?
Azel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 09:08   Link #1562
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azel View Post
Does anyone know when the autumn lineup is usually announced?
A reliable and credible one? Summer usually.
Old 2010-04-21, 16:16   Link #1563
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

I hope they will make a new Series! I've liked all 3 FMP!
kirby sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 17:41   Link #1564
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby sama View Post
I hope they will make a new Series! I've liked all 3 FMP!
I'm pretty sure everyone knows that the chance of this happening is slimming down to about 1%.
Old 2010-04-22, 14:26   Link #1565
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone knows that the chance of this happening is slimming down to about 1%.
But hope never dies !! WAAAAGH
kirby sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 21:08   Link #1566
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby sama View Post
But hope never dies !! WAAAAGH
Oh it will. Give it a few months. Or years.
Old 2010-04-28, 03:01   Link #1567
gowfan05

Well, I still have hope for a season 3 of FMP... maybe it will be a while but i do recall that they would make it once the final novel was finished.
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 20:33   Link #1568
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
Well, I still have hope for a season 3 of FMP... maybe it will be a while but i do recall that they would make it once the final novel was finished.
that was really only speculation. it all depends on how well the sales of the last novel go and the hype it generates.
Old 2010-05-03, 07:40   Link #1569
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

The thought of no more Kaname or Sousuke(mostly Kaname) saddens me...
Old 2010-12-10, 19:38   Link #1570
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I think now that there is an ending that they can use to the story, so they could plan out two additional seasons combined with Kyoto Animation only having the K-On movie and a short run of Nichijou for 2011 means that there is a chance that there is room for a new season of FMP in Fall 2011 or 2012 providing that they don't announce or start work on a new season of Haruhi or another Key adaptation first.

Even though I am a huge Haruhi fan, I also would love a new season of FMP.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 23:38   Link #1571
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I'd love it if they could give me a new FMP, if only to wash out the bad taste TSR left in my mouth.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 08:20   Link #1572
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
I'd love it if they could give me a new FMP, if only to wash out the bad taste TSR left in my mouth.
What's with the hate of TSR, may I ask?
Old 2010-12-11, 18:56   Link #1573
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I enjoyed TSR very much. I felt the ending was a tad rushed and they glossed over a few important parts but for the most part, it was awesome.

Well, here's hoping for another series!
Old 2010-12-12, 01:23   Link #1574
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

The ending was my favorite part. The action and drama were both at their absolute best and that speech Kaname gave to kick Sousuke into gear was amazing.

My main problems with TSR are a combination of poor writing and wasted time. Some of the action sequences tend to drag on forever without much point, and they tend to throw you in the middle of the military and political affairs without properly explaining what's going on. The first few episodes are the biggest offenders of this, from what I remember.

I just don't think the series had enough focus on the Sousuke/Kaname dynamic that carried the first and Fumoffu. Fumoffu may have had a different direction from conventional FMP, but I think it's a much better use of their characters than they've emphasized for most of the first series and the entirety of TSR.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 15:47   Link #1575
illuminatus8

They're through five of the twelve main plot books with the end of TSR - so far, each book has taken about six episodes to complete. If they leave out all the side stories (which would be kind of a shame, since many of them are things I'd love to see animated), they could squeeze the remainder into a single 24-episode season. I'd really love to see two full seasons, but two TSR-size seasons would be OK too (plus they'd have a little breathing room).

Spoiler:

Last edited by illuminatus8; 2010-12-18 at 00:10. Reason: Spoiler cleanup
illuminatus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 15:48   Link #1576
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Dude... you just ruined SO MUCH for me.
Old 2010-12-17, 20:00   Link #1577
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus8 View Post
*snip*
OI! Don't spoil dude! I'm still waiting for the fourth novel in english! (btw if anyone could point me in the direction of a way to get the third without paying a kidney I would be most obliged).
Old 2010-12-18, 00:20   Link #1578
illuminatus8

Yeah, OK, sorry about that. I forgot which thread I was in. (I didn't really burn that much, though.)

As far as the third novel goes, there's really very little difference between what you saw in the first season and the novel as far as I recall - if you're worried about reading the rest of them because you haven't read that one, don't let it hold you back.

Last edited by illuminatus8; 2011-07-31 at 00:30. Reason: Wiping links
Old 2010-12-21, 13:48   Link #1579
illuminatus8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
OI! Don't spoil dude! I'm still waiting for the fourth novel in english! (btw if anyone could point me in the direction of a way to get the third without paying a kidney I would be most obliged).
http://www.tokyopop.com/product/1866...alPanicnovel/4

Coming 01 FEB, according to Tokyopop.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:52   Link #1580
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus8 View Post
http://www.tokyopop.com/product/1866...alPanicnovel/4

Coming 01 FEB, according to Tokyopop.
I know, finnally... now I just hope they reprint the third (it would be even better if they actually went and run it through an editor this time ) cause I can't find it bellow 250 bucks here (and I'm not even kidding!)

Tags
there is a god!