AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 08:38   Link #401
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the only thing bugging me is ichigo beating sasakibe so easily back in the day. even without bankai, he shouldn't have been a complete pushover back then...
It wouldn't be the first time a veteran fighter has been caught off guard and defeated w/ relative ease when they weren't really prepared. Nobody expected Ichigo to be so quick.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 10:46   Link #402
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
The translation may have something to do with it too, I remember it saying that Berenice had her throat ripped out and another said it was merely slit - yet her corpse didn't really reflect it.
True.

Conclusion: Kenpachi is hiding copious amounts of super glue under this sleeves and has a weird habit of patching up his victims
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 10:50   Link #403
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Why do I even read this again?

A little too late now to try and make Chojiro relevant, Kubo. Maybe if he'd been featured more often, I'd care about his death and now this.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 13:00   Link #404
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
so 4 sternritters kicked the bucket in a hit....yet our ichigo couldnt do it against kirge and im not sure if kirge is even a sternritter

assuming by alphabets theres 22 sternritters left or 21 if kirge is one.....i guess its still too much for SS to handle and needs the Squad 0
Didn't Kirge say he's J or something, for Jailer? And that's why he stayed behind to fight Ichigo?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 14:38   Link #405
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm more interessted to know if they can use the Bankai as much as they want, or if it's a one-time-use and the disk is useless afterwards.

But I don't like them using the Bankais anyways, for the reasons I stated, when the stealing began: IMHO it doesn't make sense, that they know how to use a power, they've never seen before and how to effectively fight with it.
How can they even know, if the Bankai they have caught is even useful in the current situation. Imagine Soi Fon's Bankai in a close range fight: not very useful.
Yeah, kind of sucks that all uses of Bankai stealing we've seen have been one shots. Knowing Bleach villians though, they'll be able to use it multiple times--but then really, we have to ask ourselves, what defines 'once'? Surely if the Sternritter are using stolen powers, there's no need to shut those powers off. For example, As Nodt has Senbonzakura and used it on Byakuya--or we assuming that right after that attack is over it'd be done (one shot?), or after As Nodt chooses to deactive the bankai?

I don't like them USING the bankai either, they should just steal or seal them or something, but I VERY much enjoy them using the badges, i.e. GADGETS, to fight instead of random bullcrap powers like TURNING INTO AN APE and all that that has nothing to do with being a Quincy. Using the badge at least goes back to the roots we know of Quincy being prepared via supernatural type gadgets to help them in battle.

Kinda sad it was a one-hit kill on the OVERKILL though =[. It'd be epic if he fought abck and actually brought Yamamoto into a corner/tough spot. That would justify the Royal Guard/Squad 0 showing up later if Yama couldn't beat someone so far down (not that the order of letters MEANS anything in terms of strength, it's just their abilities...but you get me)./
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 18:54   Link #406
Calca
Expressionless

I think it's nice to show that Sasikabe actually had a personally. It's a shame Kubo waited till months after he killed him off to show it.

Younger Yama-ji was Mr. Satan
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 19:52   Link #407
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
I think it's nice to show that Sasikabe actually had a personally. It's a shame Kubo waited till months after he killed him off to show it.

I think some of Mr. Satan's disciples were stronger than him though
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 03:27   Link #408
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post

I don't like this way of writing, just like I didn't like having a recap of the Arrancar's past AFTER they died. Trying to make you care about someone who's already dead is not a good way to tell a story, you should try to make people care about your characters prior to their death, so that their deaths are more meaningful.

It's a cowardly way of writing; oh I need to kill of one of my characters, but I don't want to make a popular one go just yet, oh I know, I'll just take this one that no one care about, kill him off and then explain to everyone how cool and awesome he REALLY was, yeah!
Old 2012-08-24, 07:40   Link #409
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ And then you'd hate the author for dedicating an entire arc to act as a flashback.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 10:18   Link #410
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ And then you'd hate the author for dedicating an entire arc to act as a flashback.
I dunno, I think most people liked the Vizard flashback arc.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 10:48   Link #411
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I don't mind flashbacks, they flesh out characters and give their story a meaning.

What I don't like is giving flashbacks about characters that are no longer of any value. Who honestly EVER cared about the vice captain of the captain commander at ANY point?
Old 2012-08-24, 12:43   Link #412
unameit

A gadget that can steal bankai and use it afterward? why only bankai? how does it actually work? can the captain lied and said his bankai is his shikai instead? would the gadget work on that scenario?

The thought of this stealing bankai with a gadget is just ridiculous, how the hell a captain whose bankai already stolen can still use his shikai? A zanpakuto who lost its soul supposed to be only a mere sword..

Terribly writing and idea.. losing to a gadget?? pathetic..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 13:21   Link #413
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
What I don't like is giving flashbacks about characters that are no longer of any value. Who honestly EVER cared about the vice captain of the captain commander at ANY point?
exactly. and just imagine how cool it would have been if we had known about this flashback way back during the SS arc or even later but back then would have been best. then sasakibe although apparently weak, would at least have had a character trait and an underlying badassness to him. instead he was totally flat and boring and when he died I didn't even know his name. I know his name postmortem... that only works in stories where a character dies and then we see their life and how it led up to that point like in American Beauty. But the difference is that sasakibe's life that we saw wasn't interesting and the whole pride issue feels like a total retcon. it's typical of kubo not planning anything out and as usual it hurts the overall story no matter how good this particular chapter is
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:01   Link #414
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
exactly. and just imagine how cool it would have been if we had known about this flashback way back during the SS arc or even later but back then would have been best. then sasakibe although apparently weak, would at least have had a character trait and an underlying badassness to him. instead he was totally flat and boring and when he died I didn't even know his name. I know his name postmortem... that only works in stories where a character dies and then we see their life and how it led up to that point like in American Beauty. But the difference is that sasakibe's life that we saw wasn't interesting and the whole pride issue feels like a total retcon. it's typical of kubo not planning anything out and as usual it hurts the overall story no matter how good this particular chapter is
I can't help but think of the number of ways Kubo could have actually make Sasakibe awesome; ways that probably wouldn't have even taken up that much time...

For starters you can take out the part where he gets ONE SHOTTED by a barehanded ichigo; instead he could have been the only VC to remain standing and unphased by ichigo's surprise assault and and comments from ichgio could have hinted to the idea that he was much stronger than other Vice Captains. I mean really, unohana hasn't even done anything and yet everyone is under the impression that she's a badass; their are ways to hype someone up with out having to give them a lot of time.

In addition to that, he should have been given atleast one awesome fight... like how about instead of Yamaji taking out the chimera beast that took out all the Vice captains during the espada Battle, maybe Sasakibe could have done it; why should the captain commander have to deal with such a lowly beast when his VC can do it... after seeing the creature rip through VC's like they were nothing it would say A LOT for Sasakibe's strength if he were to pull something like that. This wouldn't have taken more than a chapter or two

Or maybe he could have been given something important to do... For instance, Like instead of Kubo completely WASTING yammy, mister zero espada, on a fight we never even get to see he could have given him something more meaningful to do; Aizen could have decided to send Yammy to SS to rampage to help make sure one or two captains would remain behind in SS so they could not join the battle. However, Yammaji, knowing that SS would be virtually defenseless against a major attack with all of the Captains and VC's away, decided to leave someone behind as a last line of defense; Sasakibe. Aizen would scoff at this decision but we would find out that he was more than enough for the job... hell maybe we don't even get to see the whole fight, just the end where Yammy lies dead and smoldering while Sasakibe, in torn clothing relaxes with some tea. Afterall if Kubo is just gonna throw yammy away, he might aswell do something meaningful with his carcass and actually build up some hype for a different character. It varies how much time this would take as it depends on how much you would want to show...

There are just so many places where he could have been given a fight, or given chances to hint at his true strength, some simple and some more complex; fans would have speculated endlessesly on how strong he could be and he would have probably even gotten a little fan base of his own... All in all, when he died his death would have actually have carried some weight, and this flashback would have a bit more meaning to the readers
Old 2012-08-24, 20:38   Link #415
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There are many things that could have made Bleach better... and the very first thing is turning it into a light novel. In my opinion, Kubo might have written a better Bleach as a light novel as he can handle settings and characterization better that way. Plus, he has shown that he can be poetic if he was given a chance to.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 13:29   Link #416
Langus
Optimus Prime

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if anyone cares, but I was studying up on some German today and the suffix "ritter" means "Knight".

So perhaps further proof that the sternritters are supposed to be German?
Old 2012-08-25, 23:38   Link #417
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I think it's just their theme(like the spanish hollow and arrancar stuff), I think it started with Uryu's seele schneider, which is german too and means soul cutter

btw, the Bounto also had some german words to say, the funniest part must have been when one Bounto made a doll in iPod-Bounto's flashback Kariya did very well though when he released his power using a german spell right before the final fight, a bit rammstein-esque but not bad
Old 2012-08-26, 00:58   Link #418
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned before or if anyone cares, but I was studying up on some German today and the suffix "ritter" means "Knight".

So perhaps further proof that the sternritters are supposed to be German?
Sternritters are Quincy. All Quincy have a German motif.
Old 2012-08-26, 01:05   Link #419
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

"Sternritter" means "star knight" in German.

INB4 Kubo reveals the Quincy are all aliens.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 02:42   Link #420
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
"Sternritter" means "star knight" in German.

INB4 Kubo reveals the Quincy are all aliens.
So you're saying Germany is a country of EXTRATERRESTRIAL ALIENS!?

Tags
bleach, chapter