AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 14:44   Link #181
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This manga started out so great...however now each chapter is kinda meh.

I think the problem is that the STYLE doesn't match the RELEASE pace. I think the style the mangaka is using would be much better on a weekly release magazine rather than a monthly one.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 15:07   Link #182
XFire
150% done

Anyone else find it amusing that we're talking about this manga the same way we would talk about a long-runner? The fact that it could grab our attention to that extent after 6 chapters is pretty promising.

Also, the tiger headed Genki-Dama bough it another five chapters trial time for me.
Old 2012-11-10, 15:12   Link #183
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Anyone else find it amusing that we're talking about this manga the same way we would talk about a long-runner? The fact that it could grab our attention to that extent after 6 chapters is pretty promising.

Also, the tiger headed Genki-Dama bough it another five chapters trial time for me.
Well...the first and second chapters gained a ton of attention...I personally liked them a lot...but since then the chapters have felt rather lackluster, especially with having to wait a month for around 25 pages...
Old 2012-11-10, 16:31   Link #184
XFire
150% done

Even though chapter 5 did a Genki-Dama?
Old 2012-11-10, 16:40   Link #185
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Even though chapter 5 did a Genki-Dama.
Old 2012-11-10, 19:29   Link #186
Insane
Banned

Quote:

6 chapters? Not really. If we break them down into ideal chapters, then this series basically had 8-10 chapters (considering that first chapter is insanely long). Perhaps the thing that grab our attention the most is the fact that the MC is not a stereotypical, pussy dude just like many other harem series, but a motherfucking badass whose epicness can only be compared with Arata from Trinity 7 (that guy is super epic as well)
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 01:47   Link #187
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Date chapters always hold amusing potential and this one was no different. How much of those fulfill their potential though? Well, in my opinion it does deliver but plot-wise some might feel it's dropped off from earlier chapter in terms of quality. Once the story gets into the usual rom-com stuff it tends to be somewhat underwhelming, given the popularity of the genre. We've seen so much of it.

Now to my actual thoughts on the chapter: Taketora's pretty blunt. Well, at least he knew how to make up for that (after noticing the book). It's pretty ironic that Sylvie could take thrill rides with a poker face but was afraid of the haunted house. Heh. It's somewhat jarring, the way her other sides came about. She does have a cute side though.

"Even I haven't done that to him..." Seriously? They're brother and sister and have never hugged before (or was that meant in a more romantic manner )?
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 02:28   Link #188
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Date chapters always hold amusing potential and this one was no different. How much of those fulfill their potential though? Well, in my opinion it does deliver but plot-wise some might feel it's dropped off from earlier chapter in terms of quality. Once the story gets into the usual rom-com stuff it tends to be somewhat underwhelming, given the popularity of the genre. We've seen so much of it.
Yep yep. Somehow the quality of this series keep degrading chapter by chapter, and the latest chapter felt somewhat . . . plain to me. The epicness in first chapter apparently very short-lived which made me kinda disappointed.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 02:42   Link #189
NeutralZero

That kind of thing usually happen when a story shift its focus from its plot development to character/relationship development but the current ch offer us a possible plot development including the rank 13th escapee...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 18:03   Link #190
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well the fact is the 1st chapter captured our attention perfectly i remember im like o man this is gonna be good. This ones a lot like AIKI in that its a monthly which needs to be released more often especially now that its gotten to the good part. Trinity Seven is the same way. what makes this perfect is that we have a solid MC an incredible plot and clearly more to be seen
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 20:57   Link #191
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

i just started reading this and the first chapter is what caught my attention: it has badassery fighting, a harem, and a "dont give a shit" MC whos not all that dense for once....but im afraid for when he's got to fight a guy and wins...i wouldnt wanna win or lose...
Old 2012-12-04, 23:28   Link #192
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
i just started reading this and the first chapter is what caught my attention: it has badassery fighting, a harem, and a "dont give a shit" MC whos not all that dense for once....but im afraid for when he's got to fight a guy and wins...i wouldnt wanna win or lose...
Either won't happen, will happen with a trap, or there'll be a big commotion and we'll never actually see the kiss.
Old 2012-12-05, 00:34   Link #193
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

*shudder* i dont even wanna think about it... but yea i agree with you @xfire
Old 2012-12-09, 10:32   Link #194
NeutralZero

Ch 7 out...
This time around, Tora raise more of Silvie's flag that... while the two stalkers are busy being scared in the horror house...
She seems to be his first official kiss that has nothing to do with data transfer... nice one...
And that what do he mean by the monument was the one that took Tsubaki?
There's also a chance for him to see or take tsubaki back the more he kiss/take their data...
And the next target will be the sister...
Old 2012-12-09, 10:42   Link #195
ImperialFlameGod8190

I havta admit this is a good twist though because little by little we're seeing the whole picture and that's what got me so curious. My guess is something happened when he first went to the monument and I think it has something to do with the type of Phi that taketora has
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 13:28   Link #196
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Haha so no matter who wins, little sister's getting a kiss from big brother xD
Old 2012-12-09, 14:53   Link #197
Shadow5YA

This guy is smooth. He knows all the right things to say and isn't indecisive at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 15:31   Link #198
XFire
150% done

Chapter 7

First, Sylvie gets cuter every chapter. And she keeps trolling Sakura every chance she gets.

Second, Tora gets shunted into the tournament anyway. Gee, didn't see that coming.

Third, I actually didn't see the brother/sister kiss coming on, at least this early. But wouldn't there be a ranking issue? She's rank 900, and her brother just stomped numbers 100 and 99 without breaking a sweat. A little unbalanced, in my opinion.
Old 2012-12-09, 15:50   Link #199
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
First, Sylvie gets cuter every chapter. And she keeps trolling Sakura every chance she gets.

Second, Tora gets shunted into the tournament anyway. Gee, didn't see that coming.

Third, I actually didn't see the brother/sister kiss coming on, at least this early. But wouldn't there be a ranking issue? She's rank 900, and her brother just stomped numbers 100 and 99 without breaking a sweat. A little unbalanced, in my opinion.
It's probably because she was most likely picked as a class representative, which would have nothing to do with their ranks.
Old 2012-12-09, 15:50   Link #200
NeutralZero

It is a tournament style so he has no say on who will be his opponent...
and that kind of set-up is common unless he is seeded but he's not...
but yeah... didn't imagine he'll be able to smooch his sister in less than 20 ch...
Wonder if his smooth talking would ever worked against Rosalie or even Felice...

Tags
fantasy, harem