AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-26, 15:34   Link #41
NeoSam

A manga based on the game has started in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh

First chapter of the manga got out on 21/9/2006.
Old 2006-10-01, 02:16   Link #42
Kensuke

Scan I found:

Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 14:28   Link #43
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw episode one. I suppose the players of the game don't even consider this to be a Otoboku title.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 16:53   Link #44
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yup, I agree with eggplant's post. Not having played the game, I don't have that to hold against them, so as a standalone piece, the setup looks like it could offer some light-hearted fun (with the potential to go a bit more serious near the end). The voice talent is definitely good, even it does sound familiar, and it sure does look like D.C.S.S. in terms of art style/character designs (which to me is just fine). And I did like the OP/ED music (the vocals aren't bad), but the SD artstyle of the ED is sort of creepy/freaky to me.

Spoiler:
Anyway, as much as I always think 12 episodes is often too short, I'll keep watching to see what they do with it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 18:50   Link #45
ayyo

My thoughts

Well I played the game The episode was pretty good but argh, how are they going to cover a whole school year with only 12 episodes.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 02:28   Link #46
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Well yet another new series in, and comparison to previous titles are bound to happen. And in this one I can't help but find references in this to one having the word Strawberry in its title (no I'm no talking about I My Me Strawberry Eggs as previously mentioned, but the other one - Strawberry Panic). Not just the overall atmosphere and general look (the uniforms here sort of remind me of those of those SP's Spica Girls Academy), but these ones somehow crack me up:

SP's Nagisa:
Spoiler:

vs

OwBnK's "Dark Nagisa" aka Maria:
Spoiler:

and

SP's Chikaru:
Spoiler:

vs

OwBnK's Mysterious Black-haired Beauty
Spoiler:

Now if someone like SP's Shizuma shows up in OwBnK I'm really gonna freak out, especially if she gets into contact with Mizuho with his pants (or rather skirt) down...

And by the way, something from the preview:
Chibi parade

Oh and one other thing, somewhat OT but when I got to see the first ep it was also about the time I was looking through information on the old 1980's Live Action TV Sitcom Bosom Buddies (which involved two crossdressing guys, one of them played by Tom Hanks of all people [which surprised me because I watched the series when I was a kid], who do so in order to live in an all-women's apartment because of the dirt-cheap rent, and only one of the women there knows their secret). Quite a coincidence that that old show and this series have that similarity?

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-10-08 at 05:29.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 12:57   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Strawberry Panic? Sure. Kashimashi? Definitely! The fanservice, from blushes to moans to pantsu to cleavage, was, uh, quite stimulating. Horie Yui is the gender-bender this time. Also with Matsuki Miyu (Simoun/Anguras, Strawberry Panic/Hikari), Kanda Akemi (Negima/Asuna, Tonagura/Kazuki), Asano Masumi, Gotou Yuuko, Nogawa Sakura. Great cast. This season's most yuriesque show, though it's basically yuri for guys (which is how I saw Strawberry Panic, too, so your mileage may vary). The human relations have a nice feeling, so far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 15:18   Link #48
Cyz
"Show it to me"

First time I saw the episode 1 pics from Random Curiosity, I thought it was yuri. As I was reading further down, then it made me go for a moment. The story was pretty entertaining and it somehow resembles another anime that I forgot what title it is.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 16:16   Link #49
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
First time I saw the episode 1 pics from Random Curiosity, I thought it was yuri. As I was reading further down, then it made me go for a moment. The story was pretty entertaining and it somehow resembles another anime that I forgot what title it is.
Does it start with a DC by any chance?
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 18:11   Link #50
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The first episode was better than what I have expected.

I believe that animation, coloring, and character designs were carried over from Da Capo seasons one and two.

Yep, the influence of Strawberry Panic is alluded into this anime regarding the private school setting and interactions among female upperclassmen and lowerclassmen.
But from the first episode you can tell that comedy will generally play for introducing smart laughs or play along the lines of commonly used gags.

The dramatic scope for Otome will come from Mizuho growing affections for the mysterious girl he encountered, Mariya's childhood affection blooming into love for Mizuho, the rest of the girls enduring sad memories or shame they experience in their pasts, and Mizuho trying to sort out his feelings.

Episode one basically showcased two things:
1. Introducing the main cast and the plot.

2. Mizuho getting accustomed to his brand-new, girl lifestyle at Seiou Academy.

Otome differs greatly from I My Me! Strawberry Girls. Basically, three women characters (Mariya included) know from the start about Mizuho's secret, and I'm a bit surprised that the headmistress allows Mizuho's enrollment despite him being a guy; a lenient lady?
Spoiler:

The showtime & fun aspect for Otome would be witnessing Mizuho keeping his identity in secret while on the outside putting up an effective facade so as not having his cover blown, as he would end up unluckily amidst some situations- ones embarrassing and others very dangerous (fanservice).

And most unfortunate that the Council President, Takako, has already started to research him; she'll become a bother, as she'll be keeping a watch on him.

One more thing.
Spoiler:

And why is it that the teacher, Kajiura Hisako, has the same penchant for candies just like Van Argeno?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 18:33   Link #51
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Actually, when I watched the part where Mizuho met that mysterious black-hair girl and the the girl said "Gokigenyou!", I have a flashback from Kannazuki no Miko.

OTOH, I can't imagine Mizuho being a guy. "He" is too feminine.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 20:17   Link #52
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
OTOH, I can't imagine Mizuho being a guy. "He" is too feminine.
Somehow that aspect is similar to Kashimashi were Hazumu is very feminine too.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-08, 20:22   Link #53
naka

while the rewritten script for the adaptation into anime is fine...

the voice actors for the anime (except maria) however are not on par with the ones who did the game as they are practically simiply reading the script rather than expressing the personality of the character (both outside and inside)

the scenario changes are fine except a few animation inconsistencies in which the most obvious would be the stair scenario...

the o-boku-sama characters are fun to see it getting animated (especially the ending credit animation)

i dont think this is going to be right portraying Takako in such a bad way without due cause, and skipping the toilet scene (is this going to be revisited in ep2?) is going to greatly affect what's going to happen with Shion

is this going to be another rehash of how badly adapted like kasimasi?
naka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 20:26   Link #54
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Somehow that aspect is similar to Kashimashi were Hazumu is very feminine too.
Yeah, well, at least Hazumu looked more like a guy before "he" transformed into a girl. And after "he" transformed into a girl, I never for a second thought of "him" as a guy.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 23:04   Link #55
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I just finished watching the RAW version of ep. 1. You know, if you remove the part where she is actually a he, this could turn into another yuri anime. But then again, I don't mind. The first ep brings good impression indeed.
Spoiler:

Mmmm, I can't wait for this one to be subbed. Wonder what group will take it?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-09, 04:37   Link #56
Lyshen

There's a simplified chinese sub that was released yesterday, I believe by KissSub in Real Media VBR format. (Is there more then one group named KissSub?)

As for english, I believe Serin and Aquastar are supposed to be working on this series.

edit:
Nevermind, its the same KissSub just there is an english and chinese branch. And I haven't looked at it but there is also a traditional chinese sub also available (Big5).

Last edited by Lyshen; 2006-10-09 at 04:51.
Lyshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 05:05   Link #57
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

One more thing.
Spoiler:

I think that was just a stylized animation of his

Spoiler:

I went into the episode hoping just to see some fanservice displayed by flat characters and I wasn't disappointed.
I couldn't tell which girl he's going to wind up with, which can be a good thing. Also hoping that more girls find out along the way that he's a guy...
Old 2006-10-09, 23:46   Link #58
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Mmmm, I can't wait for this one to be subbed. Wonder what group will take it?
I can't wait either. I was hoping maybe one of the bigger fansub groups would take it.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 07:27   Link #59
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Can someone help me find good imgs of Mizuho?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-10, 09:30   Link #60
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Well, it certainly seems like good, lighthearted fun, and I definitely don't mind any fanservice that comes across. The first episode interested me enough for me to possibly catch the next episode. For now, Mariya is certainly a favorite thus far.

Love the chibi-ness.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, caramelbox, comedy, genderbender, romance, school life, seinen