AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 5 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 8.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 8.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-07-19, 00:28   Link #41
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

it is only me who think that Gekkogahara is suspicious?
Spoiler for reason:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2016-07-19, 00:58   Link #42
Marina2

How about: There is actually no traitor among them

When everyone was sleeping Monokuma (controlled by someone else) came out from its hideout, killed 1 person then went back to its hideout and woke everyone up. This way, there is no way to win this game for the participants, totally perfect way to bring despair.

……………………………………………………………..

OR: Gekkogahara = Monokuma

I like VR world theory, I meant, we have New world program creator in the group right? What if her PC didn’t get hacked by Monokuma but she did it herself. She can also control anything she want in the world.

………………………………………………………………………….

Other theory: Monaca = Monokuma

If they really got move to somewhere else, I hope they are in Towa city right now. It will create connection to “Ultra Despair Girls” game. Maybe this Monokuma is really Monaca who has become Junko v.2. She should be only who can produce more Monokuma robot at this point. I also want Naegi’s sister, Toko and Warriors of Hope to break in to save them somehow.

Someone make this interesting guess

People walking in sideways will die

People moving to the right will die by the attacker.

People moving to the left will die by the forbidden actions.

The character facing backwards is the traitor.

Last edited by Marina2; 2016-07-19 at 02:00.
Old 2016-07-19, 01:40   Link #43
AP24

Here's a thought, what if this whole thing isn't about despair or Enoshima Junko's legacy? I think whoever is behind this just wants to gain control of the Future Foundation so that he/she can become the sole de facto leader of the world.
Old 2016-07-19, 02:59   Link #44
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Okay, I doubt there is 'no attacker'. Monokuma said there is one, so there is one. Monokuma never cheats the system.

Re: punching through the floor: Wasn't it established mere moments before that the floor was a bit weak?

Also, the killer won't kill Naegi for the simple reason that the Ultimate Hope has to get killed by his 'allies'.
Old 2016-07-19, 03:16   Link #45
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Okay, I doubt there is 'no attacker'. Monokuma said there is one, so there is one. Monokuma never cheats the system.
You mean Monokuma that is controlled by Junko. Which is probably not the case here.
Old 2016-07-19, 03:24   Link #46
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Whether he is controlled by her or not doesn't matter. He just doesn't do stuff like that.
Old 2016-07-19, 03:25   Link #47
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
There's dozens of possible of explanations for that. There is no reason for it to be VR.

Not to mention that the purpose of the VR show was to deprogram the remnants of despair. There is no reason for this to happen here. And again, there were visual cues that hinted at it being VR.
In any case the - suddenly - heavily damaged building points to it being a VR simulation with predicated damage being involved or more time having passed than the characters anticipate.
Both tricks were already used in the past.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-07-19, 03:30   Link #48
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Aside from the fact that "more time having passed than they think", being a far more plausible explanation than VR, and therefore not quite so outrageous if it is used again, I once again would like to point out that there are also other possible explanations.
Old 2016-07-19, 03:46   Link #49
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Aside from the fact that "more time having passed than they think", being a far more plausible explanation than VR, and therefore not quite so outrageous if it is used again, I once again would like to point out that there are also other possible explanations.
You will have to list at least one to make it a proper argument though.

possible is not even the issue here its 'more plausible' which VR and more time has passed is as the door was completely unharmed where the kunai hit.

As for more time has passed: you just need to look around. Pretty much everything (includidng, and this is especially strange) the table which was already damaged BEFORE the chandelier fell on it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-07-19, 03:57   Link #50
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

-The bad guys have been redecorating while they were unconscious
-They are in a different location entirely which merely looks the same
-Some other perfectly reasonable explanation I haven't thought of
-Some outrageous explanation I haven't thought of (this is Danganronpa)

Both of the first two explanations have already been mentioned
Old 2016-07-19, 05:32   Link #51
com_gwp

Quote:

Time Travel.

Alternatively, shared dreamscape like in Inception, but this would be too reasonable of the series, and too close to the VR concept.

My real guess though is that they're actually in the original Hope's Peak building, which for some reason had an unexplored section that is the FF HQ was a replica of.
Old 2016-07-19, 05:43   Link #52
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

Yes, and, I believe it was Klashikari, already mentioned that its not like Monokuma to move people.

As for redecoration this is a bit much - the entire building is pretty much run down now while it was prestine before.
There is also actually a hint regarding the VR theory in Despair : 'Aww I died' - Yukizome -
The thing to note is that she literally looks at it from a different angle then her usual one, not as a ghost hovering over her body but looking at it from some kind of cinema(and Monokuma DID mention that it will get broadcasted).
No one having ever examined her body whether she is actually dead, unlike with the farmer guy who had at least his pulse taken, aside. its just strange and combines well with the door being fully intact too.

Maybe its just me wanting Asahina to be alive though

Edit: Another problem with it being anything but VR is how there is still a character outside the building who is waiting to get inside somehow - please note that he IS included in the survivor count despite not being inside the actual building. If the 'some time passed theory' I put p is true he'd most likely appear as a shriveled up corpse again.

Edit2: To name a possible application for VR: You can repeat it as much as you like. Which makes sense if you want to spread as much despair as possible. Moreover you can even change the traitor.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-07-19 at 14:30. Reason: bad typo spotted
Old 2016-07-19, 05:52   Link #53
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ooook apparently no such thing as plot armor here but... seriously Asahina? I'd like to think she isn't dead but man it's just sad how she lived through all that to just apparently die here.

There was a running joke for some people that the characters with the largest rack always survive, but I guess that no longer holds true now. Goddammit Kodaka!
Old 2016-07-19, 06:45   Link #54
nfsac

New Theory, Kirigiri became an yandere and started this whole game.
Old 2016-07-19, 07:11   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yes, and, I believe it was Klashikari, already mentioned that its not like Monokuma to move people.

As for redecoration this is a bit much - the entire building is pretty much run down now while it was prestine before.
There is also actually a hint regarding the VFR theory in Despair : 'Aww I died' - Yukizome -
The thing to note is that she literally looks at it from a different angle then her usual one, not as a ghost hovering over her body but looking at it from some kind of cinema(and Monokuma DID mention that it will get broadcasted).
No one having ever examined her body whether she is actually dead, unlike with the farmer guy who had at least his pulse taken, aside. its just strange and combines well with the door being fully intact too.

Maybe its just me wanting Asahina to be alive though

Edit: Another problem with it being anything but VR is how there is still a character outside the building who is waiting to get inside somehow - please note that he IS included in the survivor count despite not being inside the actual building. If the 'some time passed theory' I put p is true he'd most likely appear as a shriveled up corpse again.

Edit2: To name a possible application for VR: You can repeat it ass much as you like. Which makes sense if you want to spread as much despair as possible. Moreover you can even change the traitor.
So instead of looking at this from an in-universe angle, look at it from a more meta perspective.

What would be the point of throwing them in a VR simulation again? Other than to not permanently kill off characters? And we know the author does not shy away from killing people. Plot amor is really only reserved for the main character. (And I'd like to point out that the DR2 victims are still, for all intents and purposes, dead)

As for the whole "to spread more despair" thing. Remember that the M.O. for spreading despair has always been to put people in an escapable death trap.
Old 2016-07-19, 07:13   Link #56
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

naegi in the future probably know all future foundation members are traitor and use morphogenetic field to travel his consciousness back in time and plotting with monokuma to kill all of them using this drugs-bracelet game

Bandai forbidden rule is way too easy to break, and he died just like that. but, hey, life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Old 2016-07-19, 07:20   Link #57
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As much as it might be funny to throw reference like that, please remember that not everyone has finished that game series. Going overboard might just spoil people who didn't try it yet.

Quote:
So instead of looking at this from an in-universe angle, look at it from a more meta perspective.

What would be the point of throwing them in a VR simulation again? Other than to not permanently kill off characters? And we know the author does not shy away from killing people. Plot amor is really only reserved for the main character. (And I'd like to point out that the DR2 victims are still, for all intents and purposes, dead)

As for the whole "to spread more despair" thing. Remember that the M.O. for spreading despair has always been to put people in an escapable death trap.
If we assume the VR situation is used again, we don't know who did that. It could be a stupid attempt of the FF to gauge Makoto's allegiance for all we know. Heck, DR2 "attempt to rehab the remnants of despair" was impossible to guess at the very start of the game.

I don't exactly believe Kodaka would use that trick twice, but claiming it doesn't make sense in a meta perspective doesn't fit, especially when it comes to DR as a whole.
Old 2016-07-19, 07:42   Link #58
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The fact that the exact same trick has already been used makes it kinda nonsensical from a meta perspective, hence saying again.

Also, that housekeeper woman exclaiming "Oh, I'm dead" as of yet feels rather meaningless, since that scene seems to take place outside any narrative world. Kinda like monokuma theatre.
Old 2016-07-19, 08:16   Link #59
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Given that plot armor no longer exists I'm actually kind of worried on Kyouko's fate, since she's the first game's fan favorite and such.
Old 2016-07-19, 08:20   Link #60
R.LocK
My turn

Oh, c'mon. If Kyouko dies, it'll be just Naegi daydreaming again.
Closed Thread