AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-06, 15:53   Link #1
penguin9792
Best Man Wife

Send a message via AIM to penguin9792
Gravitation

Does anyone else like Gravitation? I love it. It's very cute. ^^ I love Ryuichi.
Old 2004-10-07, 10:18   Link #2
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin9792
Does anyone else like Gravitation? I love it. It's very cute. ^^ I love Ryuichi.
I thought it was cute to, when I decided to see the first episode but I wasn't expecting Shuichi to get a kiss right on the first episode It still looks cute but it doesn't seem like a good start for a great love story... I mean, I thought he would only confess his feelings and maybe start a relationship with the blonde guy after he got to know him better, after experiencing friendship with him and maybe after working together as a team. The plot they give at the end of the first episode completely ruined the tension of their possible relationship and completely failed my expectations.
I prefer subtle romance, where love starts building slow, with the characters not fully realizing their true feelings for each other until almost the end. Thats why I didn't followed Gravitation till the end as I got a little disapointed by the first episode, the only one I reaslly got to watch. Of corse that if you think that I'm missing a great story, since you problably watched the whole thing please post your reasons, and tell me this anime it's not as direct as it seems cuz I was really willing to watch this

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-10-10 at 12:34.
Old 2004-10-07, 11:00   Link #3
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

gravitation is definetely the funniest yaoi...i don't think the animators wanted to make it something serious, like yami no matsuei, or bronze/zetsuai.
it's just a comedy, kinda similar to kizuna ^___^
Old 2004-10-07, 11:11   Link #4
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE
I prefer subtle romance, where love starts building slow, with the characters not fully realizing their true feelings for each other until almost the end.
well, their relationship is kindof slow..it's just that (if youve known any gay guys, this seems to usually be the case ^_^) sex comes before feelings
Old 2004-10-08, 03:13   Link #5
Wolfsbane68

Quote:
gravitation is definetely the funniest yaoi...i don't think the animators wanted to make it something serious, like yami no matsuei, or bronze/zetsuai.
it's just a comedy, kinda similar to kizuna ^___^
hitokirigirl, you don't find bronze/setsuai ROFL funny? I do, most of the time anyway. I definitely prefer the "ungirlified" manga Shuichi though (might be in the monority bu I love this Tokyopop translation).
Old 2004-10-09, 00:57   Link #6
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I loved gravitation! although the series seemed a bit rushed, I dont know, like it ended abruptly (sp?), and I did find it very funny too, not to mention I love the music themes also. In general a great anime ^_^
Old 2004-10-11, 22:29   Link #7
Budi

Send a message via ICQ to Budi
I love Gravi (the anime) too, although I finds that the manga is funnier.

I love K and Yuki.

Quote:
I prefer subtle romance, where love starts building slow, with the characters not fully realizing their true feelings for each other until almost the end.
Maybe you should try Mirage of Blaze or Kyo Kara Maoh.
Old 2004-10-11, 23:18   Link #8
Koboshi38

I want to see this series pretty bad. ive been waiting for a few years. But im currently low On cash so im going to have to wait awhile. I love Stuff thats cute and romantic comedies the most
Old 2004-10-12, 07:00   Link #9
Wolfsbane68

Quote:
Maybe you should try Mirage of Blaze or Kyo Kara Maoh.
Anyone heard anything about the Mirage of Blaze OVA (the fisrt of 3 supposed to be out)? Plotwise I mean (like are they going to kiss finally? )
Old 2004-10-13, 05:58   Link #10
Budi

Yeah, I have ordered the first two OVA, the last one's out end of November.

Quote:
Anyone heard anything about the Mirage of Blaze OVA (the fisrt of 3 supposed to be out)? Plotwise I mean (like are they going to kiss finally? )
First OVA out on 28 July 2004, second on 29 September 2004, and the third and final OVA on 26 November 2004.

They're finally kissing?

I thought these 3 OVAs are based on the 9th novel out of 40+ with the first fruity bits on volume 20 of the novel.

Last edited by Budi; 2004-10-13 at 06:09.
Old 2004-10-14, 02:46   Link #11
Wolfsbane68

Budi:
Quote:
Yeah, I have ordered the first two OVA, the last one's out end of November.
Can you post the link? I came up blank when I tried to find a site to order the OVA from.
Old 2004-10-19, 21:35   Link #12
Budi

Smile Mirage Of Blaze OVAs

Mirage of Blaze OVA's official website:

http://www.aniplex.co.jp/mirage

OR

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/mirage

Where to buy (Sony Music online shop):

http://www.sonymusicshop.jp/smdr/sms...rtist=EC000045
Old 2004-10-20, 02:13   Link #13
Wolfsbane68

Quote:
Where to buy (Sony Music online shop):

http://www.sonymusicshop.jp/smdr/sm...artist=EC000045
Thanks, but there doesn't seem to be an English language option
Old 2004-10-21, 12:53   Link #14
Karala

I love Gravitation. I admit the ending was a little rushed or unfinished and they did start out with the kissing pretty fast. I like series where they take until the end to know their true feelings as well, but this series wasn't quite like that and I didn't have any problems with that, though in a way it was, Yuki look a long time to understand his 'true' feelings. I also find the manga to be funnier, and longer with more background information. Gravitation the anime series is only 13 episodes long, it could have done well as a 26 episode series, so it didn't need to rush and skip parts of the manga.
Old 2004-10-25, 03:30   Link #15
Budi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
Thanks, but there doesn't seem to be an English language option
You can go to here:

www.tamarket.com.au

and ask them to stock it for you. I've pre-order the OVAs here.

And they're going to Japan this week. (So be fast)

Quote:
Gravitation the anime series is only 13 episodes long, it could have done well as a 26 episode series, so it didn't need to rush and skip parts of the manga.
Well, Gravitation was produced in the 1990s, and during that time, there were very few ahounen ai TV series. Most of the yaoi/shounen-ai animes at that time were made into OVAs (Kizuna, Fake, My Sexual Harassment, Zetsuai/Bronze etc). That's because in the 1990s, shounen ai only appealed to some people thus does not have a large target audience, and that means it's not commercial, and this reflected in the smaller budget.

If Gravitation is animated, say in 2004...it'll definitely be more than 13 eps. (like Kyo Kara Maoh!). That's because shounen ai has flourished in the last few years, due to the increasing demand, or probably because women are more vocal about what they want these days rather than a decade ago.

Gravitation manga (by Tokyopop) is a consistent performer at the top 10 best-selling manga in US. (if you read Newtype USA magazine).

The Newtype (Japan) and Newtype USA is a bit different too...In Newtype Japan, there're bishounens covers/posters, and also yaoi manga advertisements or reviews, which Newtype USA doesn't have...and I think I know why...

Last edited by Budi; 2004-10-25 at 03:54.
Old 2006-06-18, 08:50   Link #16
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Revival of the old thread (again)

I don't know whether to like or to hate this anime. It's ok...I guessed But the 1st episode really spoiled my mood (the part where Shuuichi got kissed). Not only that, there are some more kissing scenes afterwards They should have save the best for the last. One kissing scene in the last scene would be better IMO

I have a mixture feelings towards Shuuichi. I hate his talkative part but I love his funny part K is awesome .Seguchi Touma really remind me of Quatre Raberba Winner of Gundam Wing (they even have the same voice )

I love the music & songs.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:12   Link #17
OtakuCat89

Send a message via AIM to OtakuCat89 Send a message via MSN to OtakuCat89 Send a message via Yahoo to OtakuCat89
When I first saw it I was like o.o

So I ran out to the nearest Borders books and bought 5 of the manga ^-^
Old 2006-06-30, 13:50   Link #18
daisukechan
BakaDaichan

Send a message via AIM to daisukechan Send a message via MSN to daisukechan Send a message via Yahoo to daisukechan
gravitation thought

I think it would be cool if japan would make a gravitation live-action, since they have done so many other and now deathnote and princess princess, if they want a big new hit and since gravitation season 2 manga is out in japan.

I just hope if they ever do make gravitation live action (or any boy love anime into liveaction) they get cuter guys to play the femish chara's.
Old 2006-07-01, 13:53   Link #19
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
I'd like to see Gravitation. Is it on DVD? I don't know much about it, except that Shuichi is ADORABLE!
Old 2006-07-08, 05:27   Link #20
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Shuuichi is adorable especially when he's wearing a banana suit or in a cat-mode . But I like Ryuuichi better especially when he changes his face expression.

Last edited by rei; 2006-07-10 at 05:58.
Closed Thread