AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-01-09, 19:45   Link #1
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Iphone

http://www.forbes.com/2007/01/09/app...l?boxes=custom
It seems that apple had released an Ipod with wider screen and internet combine with cell phone, time to go and buy those apples stock for me I think

Last edited by Terrestrial Dream; 2007-01-09 at 19:55.
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:27   Link #2
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Looks cool, I don't have a ipod yet.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 22:26   Link #3
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Uh... that's not an Ipod, it's suppose to be a phone with mp3s, Internet access and all those other gizmo's that would come with cellphone/pda nowadays. That's why it's called Iphone.

You were just wording it backward.
Steve Jobs was actually referring to it as the successor to Ipod, which is why people have been calling it that. Although it only has 8 gigabyte capacity currently, I'm certain that future generations will carry enough memory to make it a true evolution of the ipod.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 23:23   Link #4
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Worthless just like the Ipod. It's just convenience. It's great to have an Ipod, but overall it's just material. (it's quite useful for a external storage though ^_^)

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 23:42   Link #5
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Worthless just like the Ipod. It's just convenience. It's great to have an Ipod, but overall it's just material. (it's quite useful for a external storage though ^_^)
Well, it's not the same as a warm home, loving family, or a soulmate, but as far as material possessions go, the Ipod is hardly worthless.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 23:54   Link #6
Gundam Zero Force

WHAT NEXT??

an Icar??? or and Itv, Ioven, Imicrowave, Ibook . . . . I tell you they could just about make anything and add an ipod music player too it . . . . lol

how bout' an ILanmower???? lol . . . stupid idea I know . . . .
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:10   Link #7
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Cisco Systems Inc. to sue Apple Inc. over the use of iPhone trademark

Cisco files infringement suit against Apple over iPhone

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Cisco Systems Inc, late Wednesday said it has filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California against Apple Inc. seeking to prevent Apple from using the iPhone trademark. Cisco said it obtained the iPhone trademark in 2000 after acquiring Infogear. Cisco said Infogear's original filing for the trademark was on March 20, 1996. "There is no doubt that Apple's new phone is very exciting, but they should not be using our trademark without our permission," said Mark Chandler, Cisco's senior vice president and general counsel, in a statement.
D'oh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
actually apple did release something like appletv, i may be wrong but i'm too lazy to go to the apple site
Engadget has an excellent write up about it.

Apple to release iTV video streaming box in 2007

Quote:

In an unusual turn of events, Apple has pre-announced a wireless video streaming set-top box to be released in Q1 2007 with the tag line "you can take content to your computer or iPod, but now... TV." Going by the codeword of iTV, the box looks like a flattened Mac mini -- apparently it's around half the height -- and features a built-in power supply, USB 2.0, Ethernet, 802.11 "wireless component video", optical audio and HDMI ports, plus regular ol' RCA stereo audio ports. Controllable by the standard Apple remote, the iTV will come with an updated version of the Front Row interface that shares Front Row's smooth 3D graphics, but differs in that it has a menu on the right side of the screen. Apparently it'll work with both iTunes on both PCs and Macs, and will sell for $299.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:34   Link #8
shuusaku
Honinbo Shuusaku

Send a message via ICQ to shuusaku Send a message via MSN to shuusaku
quite cool... but i need my cellphone only to wake me up in the morning, so a iphone would be a bit exaggerated ;D
shuusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:50   Link #9
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Ok... It is a phone that plays Mp3s, has internet, and a camera, right? Hmmm, but I already have a phone that does all that. And it works perfectly fine. (Sony Ericsson w810i)

But even so, I still want one. Weird…
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:53   Link #10
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

looks very very sleek and stylish but it will truly shine (SHINE!!!!) if it does the all things, stated, well.

The iTv might get a name change for the UK
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 19:17   Link #11
guess

Is this thing really useful? I have very easy access to computers both at home and at work. What iPhone can do, my computers can do better. What is the point of buying something like I already had, not to mention it is more expensive than a cell phone, which is sufficient for me?

I think people who need to be online and/or listening to music, including all the functions of iPhone so far, "a lot" already have easy access to computers. If not, they have figured out something already. They don't need this small gadget to do something that is inferior to computers.

Just read through this thread, which I assume that most people here use computers ranging from "at least some to all the time everyday," we see that people don't really need to use something to get online etc., much, other than using a computer.

As for people who use computers occasually, they don't need iPhone. They only need a cell phone. So does this thing, iPhone, really have market value, not to mention it is not that user-friendly for PC users?

Last edited by guest; 2007-01-10 at 19:54.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 19:34   Link #12
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Is this thing really useful? I have very easy access to computers both at home and at work. What iPhone can do, my computers can do better. What is the point of buying something like I already have, not to mention it is more expensive than a cell phone, which is sufficient for me?
Imo true Apple-addicts won't care about usability, they will fall for the clever organized marketing strategies... even this thread - you could regard as viral advertisment. Another important factor is the herd instinct of people, which will trigger the fast-selling item mode, when the item is popular enough.
Nah, I don't care, if it makes people happy, it has some sort of usability after all (providing happiness)

edit: maybe I am just wrong, but I think a touch screen looks very ugly (and refuses to work proberly) given enough usage or time in the pocket ^^'

Last edited by Jinto; 2007-01-10 at 20:25.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 19:39   Link #13
Gundam Zero Force

I still use my Ipod mini . . . . . I so no reason to go waste more money when I already have a perfectly fine working Ipod . . . . if my mine were to break then I would buy a more updated one . . .but for now I don't need a new thing .. . . .
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 20:02   Link #14
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Ok... It is a phone that plays Mp3s, has internet, and a camera, right? Hmmm, but I already have a phone that does all that. And it works perfectly fine. (Sony Ericsson w810i)
I think the Apple phone is different then most phones we have seen. To say this is some kind of scam or Apple marketing conspiracy...well.....personally, I think it's just a neat little product. The entire thing is a touch screen, the movements between sections are seamless, the picture navigation using fingers, website navigation, zooming, taking calls, merging calls, just a lot of it is just leaps beyond what I use as a regular phone. A lot of companies just pump out new versions of the same tired design, and I'm applauding Apple for taking a new direction. That's basically what this phone is. It takes already existing technology and applies a vastly different interface and design.

If my parents or even some friends saw this thing in a movie, they would complain that the movie is unrealistic.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 20:26   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post

But even so, I still want one. Weird…
Nice move for Apple (overdue actually) but I also have a w810i which does all those things ... and I'm *really* not a fan of touchscreens or strokepads -- I want buttons that click so I don't freaking have to look at them (touchtype, eh?)... so for me the w810i is more of a win.

News reports at 11.. more people killing themselves with iPhones -- using them while driving or walking into streets or in front of trains.
Old 2007-01-10, 22:48   Link #16
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

The multi-touch interface is fucking brilliant.

I will be switching to Cingular just to get this phone.
Old 2007-01-11, 00:06   Link #17
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Wow, after viewing those flash demo vids at the Apple site...this thing is amazing. Love the interface. Seems to me like a Mac experience for a lot lower price tag(yay). Maybe the cool kids' version of Blackberry/pearl? Hehe
Old 2007-01-11, 02:39   Link #18
onepiecelover

People are so hyped about this phone in like every place I go O_O and it would be wrong to say I am not :P I want to buy this but its going to be too expensive to buy
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 02:54   Link #19
Loniat
Paranoid Android

As always, the little things will decide the success of this in the market (well, maybe not for apple fans ). I would like to see what kind of battery this thing uses. Is it like the Ipod baterry? If it is, then no thank you very much.
Loniat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 03:03   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Personally I think Darwinism will solve this ... everyone with their head down poking at a no-tactile-feedback touchscreen will be dying in horrible accidents while alternative solution button pushers will thrive and multiply