AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-06-06, 08:42   Link #481
Erroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.L View Post
You know what they say: if you can't make it as an artist, you become a teacher. :P No, what I really want to say is: NO ONES OPINION IS UNQUALIFIED.
I believe I'm entitled to call my own opinion unqualified. I said my friend was qualified to give artistic critiques which is she as she does so professionally. No, she didn't give a complete detailed critique on the technique of the piece because she was doing a friend a quick favor while she had the time.

I never said everyone's opinion was unqualified just my own. I can look at a piece and say 'I like it' or 'I don't like it.' but I can't draw and have no concept of what it takes to create a picture. I'm not qualified to comment on technique. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I also never said she wasn't a professional artist as well as an art teacher. I only mentioned her background as a teacher as a way of saying she gives artistic critique as part of her career. Those who can't, teach but those who can create great art and pass on what they know.
Erroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 13:08   Link #482
nissie

@Xinio: Nice coloring job. Line quality is a little meh, but considering what you were working with, its good. Maybe it'll look a little better if it were resized smaller?

@KiNA: Well, it looks like her so good job, but I'm not too crazy about photoshopping art like that. Just a personal preference.

----Since it's the summer I decided to make a more summery fanart of Kairin making a splash at the beach. Enjoy!
nissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 18:11   Link #483
Beltane70

I love the new Kairin picture, it's so cute!
Beltane70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 23:25   Link #484
treshix

So, the picture of Kairin that I really liked disappeared from the front page, and I came here to see the work of the new one.. and found out lots of people had been mean to Takumy about it since it first came out.

A moment of true WTF for me, as I like that one better then the one that's up there now.

So, it provided me the impetus to register.

Takumy, keep up the great art! We miss you! ;P
treshix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 02:34   Link #485
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltane70 View Post
I love the new Kairin picture, it's so cute!
High elves really are the best.

...what do you mean she's not an elf!?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 04:09   Link #486
Green²
It's bacon!

We must hide the new Kairin picture, for that it is likely that Rena will take her home.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 10:54   Link #487
Sonus

I also liked the previous picture. It's application to occasions and seasons seemed never ending with the theme and style used.

Also, I haven't been around the forums much lately, but reading the responses to Takumy's work had me reading a bunch of crap about how creating works and putting them out in public view makes it subject to good/bad criticism. This is not true. It only subjects the work to being COMPARED to what's already out there. If it's the style that'll be discussed, it will be compared. If it's the theme, colors, or something else, then it will be compared. To say it is bad, disgusting, not good, horrible, stupid, or whatever is blatant disregard that you're basing the criticism on nothing. Criticism should not be without reason. Explain why it isn't so good. What is "good" then? The "good" that would put the discussed work to shame? If it is good, why is it good?

You people know exactly what I mean. Back in the 1920s, 40s, 60s, certain styles were considered good, great, beautiful, lovely, dashing, and fashionable! Women were probably slightly chubby/meaty for the era/time period. But look at today. What is fashionable/sexy now? What is currently acceptable? Anything created or formed is compared to what today's standards are considered acceptable for certain levels of critique. If you want to be recognized as having made something sexy, you need to follow the acceptable parameters that's widely accepted today. Thusly, something to compare new works with.

So, back off if you've got nothing but disregard for the rules of society and feel that your on-the-fly crap needs to be said. Or at least practice first before attempting. For example, look on the back of a NYTimes bestseller book and read the criticism provided there. They mention why the book is so good, or enjoyable. "Dan Brown provides a unique sense of mystery," blah, blah, and so on.

Anyway, Takumy, as a fellow fan of Kairin, I certainly wish you would shut out the people who are doing nothing but wasting your time. If they don't want to help you better you work with criticism that indicates what a problem is, you need not waste a drop of sweat for their sake. "The first time will be the last," for those people anyway. I understand it all started with an edit of your work without your consent and that hurts deeply. It is essentially someone taking something away and never giving it back so he, or she, can benefit. "Look what I did!"
Sonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 15:34   Link #488
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well..its good to see new works of kairin come up... Inspite of the criticism, i believe one thing..u cant have enough of Kairin

Neway..i m here today to post the latest page of my Claymore Doujin where i introduce Kairin the Claymore finally. I thnk Kiva again for makin such an awesome character.. Hope u guys like it. For reading more pages..u can come to my thread..although u ll find only 5 pages >.<

neway ENJOY

toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 01:20   Link #489
curiousdesign
Crazy Cat Lady!

Well it may not be anything all that good, but I did take a fifteen minute break from my studies and paid homage to Kairin. I kind of liked it a little, so it tempted me into registering to post it up. Don't ask me to color it or anything, because I suck majorly at that. =)

Oh and BTW, if it seems crappily shaded, it's because I did it with a mechanical pencil. :P

Eh!
curiousdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 14:08   Link #490
drantin
Just a Junior Member

I like the new picture, I just wish there was some more definition as to where the elbow in the right arm is... the place it seems to be looks odd compared to the left arm...
drantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 18:46   Link #491
Nyanouboo

Hello... I just wanted to say how much I enjoy the Kairin picture right now... I was browsing this forum to see some past pictures I may have missed and I was really shocked to see people putting down artwork of Kairin at all... silly silly.. so I just wanted to say that I really really really like the artwork that's up right now.. who ever created it --- you're awesome! and I hope to see more
Nyanouboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 01:20   Link #492
Konzept
Twisted

Send a message via MSN to Konzept
I did this Kairin picture about a week ago but didnt get a chance to post.

Kairin with glasses + maid costume + cat ears, anyone?

Enjoy and cheers~

Last edited by Konzept; 2008-07-24 at 01:37.
Konzept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 21:04   Link #493
Nyanouboo

Konzept, that's adorable I love it!!
Nyanouboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 20:38   Link #494
nissie

That's so cute Konzept! She looks extra intelligent with those glasses on. The coloring is really nice too! Very soft.
Old 2008-07-23, 12:14   Link #495
AnarchicQ

Send a message via AIM to AnarchicQ Send a message via MSN to AnarchicQ
Here's a thought. To make Animesuki more individual, why not have the rotating header image just be images of Kairin?
AnarchicQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 17:01   Link #496
tanko

Finally! My contribution to the growing Kairin fanarts collection.

I had to finish the coloring with a mouse, so it's not the cleanest painting ever. Also not sure if it looks like her (!?), but I think I liked the result.

Here you go:

Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.

Clothing is a mix of thai dancer and chinese goddess. XD With the nouveauish look, for sure, yay!

Hope someone likes it.

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 09:06.
tanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 17:33   Link #497
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Well I for one love it
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 18:06   Link #498
nissie

The facial features feel a little bit too American (i guess?) BUUUTTTT overall I absolutely LOVE IT! The colors and her dress are so pretty!

maybe I should try and draw another fanart myself...
Old 2008-07-31, 18:15   Link #499
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissie View Post
The facial features feel a little bit too American
haha, it did strike me as a little Disney-esque, but that hasn't bothered me the slightest. I thoroughly enjoy the wide range of Kairin interpretations people have presented.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 18:36   Link #500
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanko View Post
Hope someone likes it.
Awesome!

Tags
kairin, wiki candidate