AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-22, 19:18   Link #10101
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
LOL, and I thought she had it bad just having to deal with Nanoha...
Oh, if Einhart is meant to be Vivio's love interest, she hasn't even scraped the surface yet of the people she'll have to meet just to get the okay to take the girl out on a date.
Old 2010-06-22, 19:37   Link #10102
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Let's see... well, there's obviously the mamas and their immediate families, and the Yagami family, and the rest of RF6, and a delegation from the Sankt Kaiser church, and the Nakajima family, and probably some of the other top brass of the 108th, and...

Y'know, this is starting to sound less like romance and more like a particularly brutal form of natural selection...
Old 2010-06-22, 19:37   Link #10103
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Only the best for Nanoha's baby.
Old 2010-06-22, 21:01   Link #10104
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:

Looks like RadiantBeam was right:

Even the Force 07 translation hasn't been able to save us...
Now lets be fair, Force-07 actually managed to steer this thread on topic for about...3 days, give or take. Considering that we already got to see the raw (and the Signum gets pwn'd spoiler) for about two weeks before, that's actually quite a feat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, at least the first two are close with girls who have equally non-existant screen time Vice could have Teana (though it seems only I ship them) or Signum, but in the case of Subaru/Teana or Signum/some one else, there's always Alto.

On Griffith's end he's got Shari (childhood friend) and Lucino (Shari even teases him about her).

Yuuno, well... I don't have to say anything
Vice has always been a curious case for me. Somehow, the StrikerS doujins I found seems to depict him as the second most successful womanizer on the Nanohaverse (the most successful is, apparently, Erio). I guess non-yuri fans are just desperate (looks self at mirror). But yeah, if the writer wants to avoid the wrath of Subaru/Teana or Signum/someone else shippers, there's always Vice/Alto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Yuuno is shipped with Material S as a consolation prize.
And suddenly ferret-kun is no longer the unluckiest man on Mid-Childa
Old 2010-06-22, 21:13   Link #10105
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Yuuno is shipped with Material S as a consolation prize.
I wouldn't say she was a consolation prize, as she's more my type. Whenever I write S I always think Yuki Nagato
Old 2010-06-22, 21:39   Link #10106
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
I wouldn't say she was a consolation prize, as she's more my type. Whenever I write S I always think whips, cuffs and chains
There. Now it's perfect.

Or maybe that should be materials S and D together...
Old 2010-06-22, 21:43   Link #10107
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
I wouldn't say she was a consolation prize, as she's more my type. Whenever I write S I always think Yuki Nagato
Hmm, now that I think about it, this series lacks the "quiet but obedient emotionless girl" type as well as the "deadpan snarker" type ...

Quote:
Let's see... well, there's obviously the mamas and their immediate families, and the Yagami family, and the rest of RF6, and a delegation from the Sankt Kaiser church, and the Nakajima family, and probably some of the other top brass of the 108th, and...

Y'know, this is starting to sound less like romance and more like a particularly brutal form of natural selection...
At this rate, she'll have to start to worry less about "not strong enough to protect her loved one"s and more on "not strong enough to survive" . Of course, maybe she actually like this kind of stuff

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-06-22 at 22:02.
Old 2010-06-22, 22:21   Link #10108
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
There. Now it's perfect.

Or maybe that should be materials S and D together...
Naw, if that's the way you're going, we'd need a Material-M, which stands for "Mother" which would be a clone of Precia. I'm sure Fate would enjoy Materials S and M ganging up on her...
Old 2010-06-23, 00:41   Link #10109
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
S AND M ack no bad bad

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2010-06-23, 01:07   Link #10110
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Hmm, now that I think about it, this series lacks the "quiet but obedient emotionless girl" type as well as the "deadpan snarker" type ...
That's not entirely true, back on the original series we have Arisa , she has her little but funny moments of snarkiness backed up by her softly tsundere traits(barely similar to Kagami Hiragi from Lucky Star), i think she had wasted potential(now it's too late), i hope that Rio(her apparently spiritual sucesor from ViVid) can made up for that mistake(altough, even if she has magic powers, she lacks the snarkines and strong personality Arisa had).

As for the the other archetype, Lutecia from StrikerS fills the "quiet and emotionless girl" minus the "obedient" xDU.

It appears that i must start reading ViVid in hopes of keep following the thread xD
Old 2010-06-23, 01:47   Link #10111
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
That's not entirely true, back on the original series we have Arisa , she has her little but funny moments of snarkiness backed up by her softly tsundere traits(barely similar to Kagami Hiragi from Lucky Star), i think she had wasted potential(now it's too late), i hope that Rio(her apparently spiritual sucesor from ViVid) can made up for that mistake(altough, even if she has magic powers, she lacks the snarkines and strong personality Arisa had).
Damn I forgot about her. What a waste indeed. I'm not gonna expect a snarker from a series as sugary as Vivid though . Tohma has some potential ("There is a limit to "making too much food"") but with the way Force is going I fear it's going to be buried under the standard issue "I am a monster" angst

Quote:
As for the the other archetype, Lutecia from StrikerS fills the "quiet and emotionless girl" minus the "obedient" xDU.
Mind you, the obedient part is important. Very important . Besides, as of Vivid Lutecia's become quite an...odball

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-06-23 at 02:14.
Old 2010-06-23, 03:13   Link #10112
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Did you guys think Cypha quialifies to be a Karma Houdini?
Old 2010-06-23, 03:15   Link #10113
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Given that Force isn't even finished yet, no she's not. We'll only know if she qualifies once the series has finished and we see her ultimate fate.

... oh damn, I knew what Karma Houdini was without clicking the link... ONORE TVTROPES!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-06-23, 03:57   Link #10114
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Given that Force isn't even finished yet, no she's not. We'll only know if she qualifies once the series has finished and we see her ultimate fate.

... oh damn, I knew what Karma Houdini was without clicking the link... ONORE TVTROPES!!!!!
I don't know what's worse: knowing the meaning without even clicking the link or because of memorizing too many of them . Anyway, like Lowe said, we'll know after the series ends. Of course, if I may guess, her fate will either be:
1. Defeated and got sent to jail, just like...err, Jail, as well as most of the senior Numbers, or
2. Killed through indirect means, such as evil guy lair collapse, explosions or the like, or
3. Killed by Signum, because she's the only one who had intentionally killed someone before (he asked it sure, but it's still a conscious decision)

Personally, I'd prefer either the second or third; the ghosts of those that she killed at Uninhabited World #14 demands so
Old 2010-06-23, 04:17   Link #10115
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

If a Cypha/Signum rematch ever occurs, i would love an ending like the one on Justice Legue Unlimited on the second fight between Supergirl and Galatea(she's an engineered clone of Supergirl with less weaknesses and more power than her original) where the latter is trashing and mocking the heroism of the former until BAM! Supergirl overcome her superior opponent with an epic reversal ending the fight and left her evil clone completely devastated.

About the Karma Houdini trait, i also get it wrong because it's about the "ultimate fate" of a villain. I suggest Cypha because she openly admits being culprit of genocide(and announcing that she killed a lot more people) with evil joy, makes fun of Signum's indignation and even mocks her for being a serious and honourable fighter, and then ....get away with all that, practically unharmed.

Well for the moment we can't assume her status as a Karma Houidini but if i can find the "short term" version of that trope Cypha definetly fits the requirements.
Old 2010-06-23, 06:52   Link #10116
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Quote:
Really? She doesn't seem the type to me. Of course, all I know about her is from fanart, so yeah....

Quote:
At this rate, she'll have to start to worry less about "not strong enough to protect her loved one"s and more on "not strong enough to survive" . Of course, maybe she actually like this kind of stuff
Random crack idea: turn ViVid into a "dating sim"-ish game with Ein as the protagonist. The bulk of the gameplay would revolve not around wooing Vivio (who seems already sufficiently wooed ), but winning over her massive extended family.

Presumably evidence of befriending skills would be necessary to win over Nanoha-mama; willingness to cosplay would get Hayate and Carim on your side (with Otto and Deed being only too eager to help - "Movie 1st Power - Maaaaaake Upppp!!!" ). Cooking skills would get Vita, Erio, Subaru, and probably the rest of the Nakajima family's support...

Quote:
Damn I forgot about her. What a waste indeed. I'm not gonna expect a snarker from a series as sugary as Vivid though . Tohma has some potential ("There is a limit to "making too much food"") but with the way Force is going I fear it's going to be buried under the standard issue "I am a monster" angst
You've forgotten Steed. Where do you think Thoma learned it from?

Quote:
If a Cypha/Signum rematch ever occurs, i would love an ending like the one on Justice Legue Unlimited on the second fight between Supergirl and Galatea(she's an engineered clone of Supergirl with less weaknesses and more power than her original) where the latter is trashing and mocking the heroism of the former until BAM! Supergirl overcome her superior opponent with an epic reversal ending the fight and left her evil clone completely devastated.
I could see Signum beating Cypha not through uber haxx overpowered abilities and/or equipment, but through better tactics (once the playing field has been levelled a bit, of course). We already know that Cypha isn't a great thinker from the bit with Aru at the end of chapter 7...
Old 2010-06-23, 11:40   Link #10117
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
what, does Vivio have a fear of boys or something?
Well, she does grow up in a household with two moms... in whose footsteps she would very much like to follow. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Only the best for Nanoha's baby.
Don't forget that they are both royals (Vivio is pure-blood, Einhart is some four-five generations away from Ingvalt). Royal courtship usually takes years, that is why they usually start early with it. ^^

Quote:
And suddenly ferret-kun is no longer the unluckiest man on Mid-Childa
But... is he even IN The Battle of Aces?..

Quote:
I could see Signum beating Cypha not through uber haxx overpowered abilities and/or equipment, but through better tactics (once the playing field has been levelled a bit, of course). We already know that Cypha isn't a great thinker from the bit with Aru at the end of chapter 7...
Cypha admits that they were equally matched in the swordfight. Meaning that if Signum wields an AEC weapon the next time around, the one with more determination to win will do so. And objectively, it will be Signum, because she is a knight out to restore her pride, whereas Cypha doesn't have what it takes to fight fair.
Old 2010-06-23, 11:42   Link #10118
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Yuuno's there but as a support NPC. Then again, how many special moves can you really think up for a guy who simply uses chain, barriers and teleports?
Old 2010-06-23, 11:52   Link #10119
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Well for the moment we can't assume her status as a Karma Houidini but if i can find the "short term" version of that trope Cypha definetly fits the requirements.
Kind of hard to call her even a short term Karma Houdini, considering no one even knows yet what she did to Signum, thus she has no punishment to escape until Vita or Nanoha gets out there and sees what happened; or until Teana and Fate arrive. So even then, at the moment, Cypha isn't really a Karma Houidini.

IMO, anyway.

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2010-06-23 at 12:41. Reason: Bah, damn you, spelling errors.
Old 2010-06-23, 12:00   Link #10120
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Yuuno's there but as a support NPC. Then again, how many special moves can you really think up for a guy who simply uses chain, barriers and teleports?
Chains could choke out someone.

Teleport? I'll just teleport you into the middle of a volcano? Or under ground. Or maybe I'll teleport you inches from a wall so you slam into it, then teleport you into another wall, and another, and another.

Barriers? Oh, you're running away at the a high speed, here's a barrier to the face. Besides, if you've seen any of Kekkaishi, the whole fighting style in that series is BASED around barriers.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen