AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-09, 08:14   Link #41
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 708
That is not a bad chapter. If Luffy gets revealed in the ring, I won't be surprised if the survivors from B and the fighters in D and C decide to screw the rules and try and kill him in the ring. The fruit is awesome but it seems that killing Luffy would be just has rewarding to most of them.

Marine's plan?
I wonder if Admiral Fujitori is also going to try and get the fruit? It may not be his objective but the Mera Mera No Mi is still a powerful fruit. I just can't see the marines turning a blind eye to the fruit so easily.
Old 2013-05-09, 09:57   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Wow, Don Chinjao really IS a beast! And Cavendish is certainly no slouch either, considering how he blocked the old man's assault. And due to the current circumstances, I won't be the least bit surprised if Cap'n Bishie decides to crash into C-block's battle to gain vengeance on Luffy. He DID say he didn't care about getting disqualified after all (which pretty much means a default win for Rebecca in D-block, of course).
That's what I think will happen too. It's the only way for Rebecca to win her block. Cavendish is even stronger than I expected and I seriously doubt Rebecca could take him down.
Old 2013-05-09, 10:11   Link #43
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I dunno what's the bigger insult, having Ace's fruit fall into BB's hands or into Akainu's...
Old 2013-05-09, 11:26   Link #44
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Holy hell, Bellamy's attack's gonna get so censored in anime. One of the most brutal things I've ever seen in entire One Piece.
You haven't seen enough of this series, haven't you?
Old 2013-05-09, 12:02   Link #45
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

By the way. If Barto ends up having a shield ability, he'll be one of those bad guys that runs into a natural enemy when fighting Luffy. He has no bones to break after all.
Old 2013-05-09, 16:06   Link #46
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Yeah, there was that one scene with Franky and Robin. It hurts just remembering.
Old 2013-05-09, 16:31   Link #47
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's what I think will happen too. It's the only way for Rebecca to win her block. Cavendish is even stronger than I expected and I seriously doubt Rebecca could take him down.

Yeah, Cavendish is definitely no pushover. Though I still expect that by the tournament's end at the earliest, he and Chinjao will fight over not Luffy's life, but his affection.

Actually, that's one thing I'm really liking about this tournament: It's clear as day that at least a few of these characters will be relevant outside of this competition. At least, aside from really obvious guys like Burgess and Bellamy, I already see guys like Cavendish, the Chinjao family, Barto, Rebecca, and of course Kyros Ricky having roles deeper than being mere participants.....
Old 2013-05-09, 18:48   Link #48
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Abdulla and Jeet getting taken out is no surprise. We all knew that some of the participants would end up being fodder. Too many characters to focus on otherwise. I agree that the mera fruit will most likely fall into Burgess' or Fujitora's hands. Either scenario would be more interesting for the story.
Old 2013-05-10, 13:32   Link #49
marvelB

I'm not sure about Fujitora, but I do agree it's quite likely that Burgess will take the fruit himself, whether it's through the legit method or not. And there's even the likelihood that one of these newcomers could pilfer the prize for themselves, as well......

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post

While it's true that we've seen Robin breaking dudes' spines before, she didn't exactly go about it in a way as extreme as nailing their feet to the ground with knives first.

Speaking of Bellamy, I'm a bit late saying this, but I'm also impressed by his current fighting style. And speaking of which:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Didnt even used his signature hopper ability that can probably take out most combatants in there easily.

Honestly, I think the lack of walls prevent Bellamy from using the most of his spring powers in the tournament. Maybe if this were a cage match or something he can go full Hopper. Otherwise, he risks getting himself eliminated by bouncing outside of the ring (and not to mention potentially falling into the waters fall of killer fish).....
Old 2013-05-10, 17:01   Link #50
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm not sure about Fujitora, but I do agree it's quite likely that Burgess will take the fruit himself, whether it's through the legit method or not. And there's even the likelihood that one of these newcomers could pilfer the prize for themselves, as well......
What say you to the possibility of Fujitora giving the fruit to Coby? Either way, I'm sure the marines wouldn't want that fruit falling into evil hands.
Old 2013-05-10, 17:45   Link #51
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I am not going to be too happy if the fruit ends up in BB's hands...I'm somewhat cool with marines getting it, but BB? No way in hell.
Old 2013-05-10, 18:09   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I am not going to be too happy if the fruit ends up in BB's hands...I'm somewhat cool with marines getting it, but BB? No way in hell.
If Blackbeard does end up getting another fruit for himself, it'll most likely be a zoan just to make him complete in the sense of having all 3 classes of DFs. Perhaps Burgess is at Dressrosa to claim the mera fruit for himself. Or do you not want the mera fruit in the hands of the Blackbeard pirates altogether?
Old 2013-05-10, 18:13   Link #53
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea, I mainly don't want the Mera Mera to fall into the BB pirate's hands...or any Yonkou...or any SH enemy in general...........though I'd be cool if it went to Coby or something xD
Old 2013-05-10, 18:21   Link #54
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
What say you to the possibility of Fujitora giving the fruit to Coby? Either way, I'm sure the marines wouldn't want that fruit falling into evil hands.

Personally, I was never too keen on the idea of Coby getting a logia power in general, but that's just me. If he were going to get a fruit power, I'd think that paramecia would be more fitting, IMO.

Anyways, if we're talking about the mera fruit falling into government hands, then I'd say it would be more likely that CP0 would take it, rather than Fujitora. Not saying that it's impossible for the marines to seize it, but since apparently Dofla and his crew have some level of immunity at Dressrosa, it may be best to leave the job up to those who have more experience in espionage (especially after considering what happened to that one VA)......
Old 2013-05-10, 18:30   Link #55
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

So I am guessing we have given up on Rebecca getting the Mera Mera fruit and joining the Straw Hats?
Old 2013-05-10, 21:30   Link #56
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
So I am guessing we have given up on Rebecca getting the Mera Mera fruit and joining the Straw Hats?
Hell no, that's still best case scenario for me.
Old 2013-05-11, 09:26   Link #57
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
If Blackbeard does end up getting another fruit for himself, it'll most likely be a zoan just to make him complete in the sense of having all 3 classes of DFs. Perhaps Burgess is at Dressrosa to claim the mera fruit for himself. Or do you not want the mera fruit in the hands of the Blackbeard pirates altogether?
Frankly i don't want any of them to take it. When it comes down to it an enemy taking the fruit would just scream "personal vendetta" from Luffy; If an enemy takes the fruit, then drama demands that Luffy be the one to confront them and take them down. Just as he says he would never want to see Ace's power be used by someone bad, he would want to personally take beat down the villain that took it. And when it comes to the BB pirates, Luffy already has a vendetta against BB himself... Burgess and the others are for the rest of the crew to take down. I guess BB himself COULD take the fruit, but Luffy already has enough reasons to kick his ass since he partially blames BB for Ace's death itself; having the mera mera would just be rubbing salt into an already deep wound

No after loosing Ace himself, i think this is something that Luffy will come out on top of... he'll get the fruit and end up getting the chance to give it to someone else. First choice would be Sabo turning out to be alive and Luffy giving him the fruit; followed by Rebecca. Granted i could also see the scenerio where Luffy has to give up the fruit or something to save his nakama or something.

Quote:
Either way, I'm sure the marines wouldn't want that fruit falling into evil hands.
accept the marines have a rather loose definition of what would be considered "not evil"... With all the corruption in the Government and marines, the fruit could be given to someone really terrible. Someone like Garp would give it to someone good like Coby, while Akainu would give it to someone like himself.
Old 2013-05-11, 13:13   Link #58
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
accept the marines have a rather loose definition of what would be considered "not evil"... With all the corruption in the Government and marines, the fruit could be given to someone really terrible. Someone like Garp would give it to someone good like Coby, while Akainu would give it to someone like himself.
Of course. When I said evil hands I was referring to the context from the marines' perspective. Generally, they view pirates/criminals as evil, and thus they wouldn't want the fruit falling into any of their hands.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:47   Link #59
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
First choice would be Sabo turning out to be alive and Luffy giving him the fruit;

About this: I think I'm in the minority here, but I never really had the impression that the reunion between Luffy and Sabo would be a happy one. To make a long explanation short, I feel it's because Sabo, during his separation from Luffy and Ace, probably formed some beliefs of his own that strongly clash against his brothers' (especially if he's really part of Dragon's group, as has been long speculated). Thus, the differing ideals may actually cause a serious strain in their relationship. Basically, think of something similar to the Bellamy conflict in the Jaya arc, but on a much more personal level.....

Going back on topic, I think I'm once again in the minority for feeling that it would be more interesting for the fruit to fall into enemy hands. It doesn't necessarily have to be Blackbeard or the marines, either; there's several third party candidates in this tournament alone. There's also CP0, as I just mentioned a few posts back. Not that I'm saying that some random fodder would swipe the fruit for themselves, but I'm just saying that there are definitely other monsters out there who are just as likely to take it outside of the more obvious choices.....
Old 2013-05-11, 18:06   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I have a sneaking suspicion that Doflamingo is going to end up being a sympathetic villain. With Vergo's comment to Law that he knows nothing about his master's past and how caring he is to his subordinates, Doflamingo isn't seeming as bad as I originally thought. When everything culminates in Doflamingo's defeat, Fujitora is most likely going to capture and arrest him for his crimes. It's approximately at that point where we'll see Fujitora's real nasty side (we caught a glimpse of it back at the bar). Most likely he'll let the strawhats off the hook for their contribution to stopping Doflamingo, but that's where he'll cement himself as a future obstacle.

Just giving my two cents on how I think this arc will end.