AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 03:06   Link #8121
HasuMasu
*Artist

*just a matter of time 'till wavehawk jumps on this*
Old 2011-11-18, 03:17   Link #8122
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero and demino_hellsin - Shadow is only about 1500-1800. Serious stories aren't that popular.
Yeah, while Project Silverback is about half that...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 03:21   Link #8123
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Kamen Rider can easily break the shield and ignite Absolute Defense, problem is, they're too slow!
Old 2011-11-18, 03:42   Link #8124
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meister - Name her Komoe sensei!
I'm still thinking... But... very likely she's a Tsukiyomi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
What if Infinite stratos crossed over with kamen rider? Who has technological superiority in your opinion? for the Kamen Rider tech, just pick your favorite one.

EDIT: or any kamen rider you know of
Let's see what's already in my fanon...

The ISA 2nd year student who is an African Masai Princess from Ethiopia using medals to infuse her IS with beastial power?

Class 1-2 Kougami Tsubomi, heiress to Kougami Industries, using the BIRTH system to build a modular variant of Rafale, becoming Rafale Fourze?

Fiona and Itsuki, the two-in-one 3rd Year ISper pilots?

Or how about the passing-through delinquent in pink (now a graduate) who can transform into any of the Masked Stratos which preceeded her?

Can you say 'been there done that'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Kamen Rider can easily break the shield and ignite Absolute Defense, problem is, they're too slow!
[CLOCK UP]
Old 2011-11-18, 03:43   Link #8125
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sorry, sole exception, Faiz Accel!

EDIT: And the Fact Kurogane's sleeping form is a belt buckle....
Old 2011-11-18, 03:59   Link #8126
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If we're talking speedy riders please don't forget Accel Trial
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 04:27   Link #8127
Eratas123

@ Zero - Still won't stop Jasper, who's addiction to any diversions from canon can basically be called illogical. He's probably gonna say "Tatenashi wouldn't fall for your wimpy ass OC!" then go on a rant about how my story is full of gary stus.

I wonder why he hates OC's so much? Him and "Therightwayagain" act like they know what the entire fandom wants and anything they say is law. Why don't they bug the Naruto archive? There's lots of Sues there.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:34   Link #8128
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: This may be the best time for me to ask the worst question. Is it safe to say that 90% of the IS fandom is locked into the thought that the very franchise of IS is full-on fanservice with no other redeemable qualities? As in, do they think it's a giant platter of T & A and ignore the other concepts which seem to have so much potential? Is it wrong to say I like the world of IS but I have no real love for any of the characters? Jasper's review has put all these questions in my head.

@meister: not a fusion of systems. A full on rider vs an IS
Old 2011-11-18, 04:38   Link #8129
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - You could say that. IS was marketed as a harem series, so when fans read fanfiction they expect corny harem moments. That's why I'm putting a lot of slice of life and rom-com even if Shadow has depressing moments, it's what the fandom expects.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:38   Link #8130
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Still won't stop Jasper, who's addiction to any diversions from canon can basically be called illogical. He's probably gonna say "Tatenashi wouldn't fall for your wimpy ass OC!" then go on a rant about how my story is full of gary stus.

I wonder why he hates OC's so much? Him and "Therightwayagain" act like they know what the entire fandom wants and anything they say is law. Why don't they bug the Naruto archive? There's lots of Sues there.
They can fuck their own asses for all we care, general consensus that irish is not a stu, he isn't one.

And as I said, while it's hard, Irish is more plausible than even Ichika if she liked Irish theh way she liked Ichika in Canon.

(I can't wait to introduce Yoshi, which will gave a hueg stab in asses of those guys)
Old 2011-11-18, 04:39   Link #8131
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Who's Jasper...?

Also, another part of Chapter 9:

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2011-11-18, 04:42   Link #8132
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

LOL, that's definitely the golems....
Old 2011-11-18, 04:42   Link #8133
Eratas123

@ Zero - The biggest stu indicator is the fact that he's male but he can also pilot an IS. That's why I put a limit to everything Irish has: If he were in a show like black lagoon, then yes, he'd be overpowered. But in a show where every woman can pilot a walking nuke? Not so much.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:44   Link #8134
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - The biggest stu indicator is the fact that he's male but he can also pilot an IS. That's why I put a limit to everything Irish has: If he were in a show like black lagoon, then yes, he'd be overpowered. But in a show where every woman can pilot a walking nuke? Not so much.
Then I do the inverse, turning Charles into a guy and putting a mentally challenged MAN in said walking nuke just so I can roll the dark plot of Sacred Twins, and oh yes, Blitz sanctioned the plan too.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:51   Link #8135
Eratas123

@ Zero - At least Charles has a reason for being able to pilot (sex change) so he's excused. Most male pilots in the fandom have no reason and just end up being able to pilot because the plot says so. Of course, the fans will find a way to sue up ay OC (Probably gonna get complaints how Irish can even survive despite having no power armor)
Old 2011-11-18, 04:53   Link #8136
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't know why OCs have to have this deadly limit on just to be acceptable. I can accept an OC that is a legitimate threat to the hero, as in they can go toe to toe on heroism. Even if the OC sometimes occasionally out-heroes the hero it's fine. Just not make the out-heroing too frequent or too left-field.

Why is it that when an OC shows up with the same potential/the same ability as the hero. then he is acknowledged as a stu? You actually have to left field him failing and purposely put him down, smear him in mud and over-reason the very being of his existence.

I know it's like overshadowing the author but doing things like that feels stifling. It's an insult to the creator if you overshadow their character but it feels dirty for some reason and meaningless when I write a character just to be somebody else's clown. >.>

EDIT: I'm sorry if this post is annoying but I feel it has to be asked.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:57   Link #8137
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

All you need is balance man, balance. Take Stratos' Inami Arisawa, whose has powerset similar to yours, having mech operated with hybrid technology.

Nobody said he was stu, and the only problem is spotlight distribution which can be easily fixed, everything else is top notch (@ Stratos have you fix it?)
Old 2011-11-18, 05:01   Link #8138
Eratas123

demino_hellsin - If they have the same skills as the hero, what's the pint of putting him there? Why not just use the hero? Your OC has to be unique, male IS pilots are just Ichika with more badassery just because the author wants them to. That's why the OC I use has different skills; he's a skilled hacker, he's smarter and he's more adaptable than Ichika but Ichika has more raw power and has the potential to be the strongest. It's all about making your character unique but not overpowered.

Besides, unique doesn't mean weaker, read "Heart of the Machine". The OC is stronger than Ichika but he manages not to completely make Ichika seem like a retard in comparison.
Old 2011-11-18, 05:04   Link #8139
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
demino_hellsin - If they have the same skills as the hero, what's the point of putting him there? Why not just use the hero?
Case in point "Dokuganryuu", god mode sue to the max that SOMEHOW is very popular and likeable, rare case indeed.
Old 2011-11-18, 05:06   Link #8140
Eratas123

@ Zero - It's because Ichika is such a wuss in canon that turning him into a god mode sue is actually a welcome change. Putting an OC there that one ups everyone just looks bad.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest