AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-20, 20:23   Link #741
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The point is that the writer when out her way to highlight their lack of parents as a similarity and connection between them, even though, as you said, they're not the only ones who are orphans.

I think the writer highlighted this because it'll be a plot point later on. And yes, I think they are related.
If anything, that little scene would highlight that Athena and Koga are related imo (mother and son). Koga describes how Athena's Cosmo felt and then Aria stated that Koga's Cosmo felt the same to her as he described Athena's Cosmo, ie. Koga's and Athena's Cosmos are similar.

-----
They may have been related in the manga but the anime dropped the relationship of those orphans from what I read.

-----

I'm in longshot category...

Spoiler for longshot theory:

Last edited by orion; 2012-08-20 at 20:59.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 21:16   Link #742
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
If anything, that little scene would highlight that Athena and Koga are related imo (mother and son). Koga describes how Athena's Cosmo felt and then Aria stated that Koga's Cosmo felt the same to her as he described Athena's Cosmo, ie. Koga's and Athena's Cosmos are similar.
Making two characters tell each other that they never knew their parents is very deliberate foreshadowing. Whenever a character tells another character "I don't know my parents" and the other character replies "Me neither!", it always leads to the reveal that they are siblings. Going by what was shown this episode, it's almost certain that they are related. I would actually bet on it.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 21:24   Link #743
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Making two characters tell each other that they never knew their parents is very deliberate foreshadowing. Whenever a character tells another character "I don't know my parents" and the other character replies "Me neither!", it always leads to the reveal that they are siblings. Going by what was shown this episode, it's almost certain that they are related. I would actually bet on it.
Technically, they are related in my scenario.

If Koga is Athena's son and Aria is Mars's kid, then we're talking cousins. (complicated 1st cousins iirc. The anime love relationship that we love to debate about. ) Athena is a daughter of Zeus and has no mother. Mars is a son of Zeus and Hera.

Last edited by orion; 2012-08-20 at 21:38.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 19:42   Link #744
Divino

Quote:
But 2 sibs don't have to have the same element. Ikki and Shun were sibs and pretty different.

If anything, the physical resemblance is with Eden and Aria. Sonia and Eden are step-sibs apparently (same dad, different moms). Pretty much pity Sonia now. She got wiped by Bronze Saints. She's prob going to be used by Mars and then discarded in the end for Eden.

Kouga and Aria could be resonating because of shared experiences/love at first sight. They could be 2 halves of something that when combined makes something whole or if you're into shipping, a "pre-couple" since their couple flags were waving this episode with all the first time she was happy was with Kouga, sacrificing herself to save Kouga, Kouga screaming in agony as she leaves. She even had the tears flowing as she left.

Even the second meeting on ep. 10 was prob the shonen equivalent of a shojo scene. He greated her on bended knee. Just substitute the aurora borealis like scene with bubbles.

I also Agree with you. I just don't see how Kouga and Aria can possibly be related, in my opinion she was obviously brought into the plot as Kouga is Love Interest.

I mean pure damsel in distress girl in a white dress with a powerful cosmos, who cares about the earth more than herself.

Yeah when has that ever being the type of girl they usually pair with the Pegasus saint?
Besides while Kouga looks like Seiya, Aria looks nothing like Saori. And like Eden and Sonia siblings usually have a trait that you can tell they are related (in their case same eye color)

Yuna and Kouga as a couple just don't click to me, Yuna is more to Kouga what Marin was to Seiya, emotional support that doesn't necessarily involve romance. Punching him to get him back in his feet, yeah Marin never did that Lol
Its made even more obvious by the fact she is the aquila saint.
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 19:54   Link #745
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Yuna and Kouga as a couple just don't click to me, Yuna is more to Kouga what Marin was to Seiya, emotional support that doesn't necessarily involve romance. Punching him to get him back in his feet, yeah Marin never did that Lol
Its made even more obvious by the fact she is the aquila saint.
I agree with you on this. Yuuna is Kouga's bro. There's no romance there. She cares for him but she doesn't like him.

Quote:
I also Agree with you. I just don't see how Kouga and Aria can possibly be related, in my opinion she was obviously brought into the plot as Kouga is Love Interest.
But on this I'm not convinced. I wouldn't mind if she was a love interest for Kouga, but I think there's something else there.
Old 2012-08-21, 20:12   Link #746
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But on this I'm not convinced. I wouldn't mind if she was a love interest for Kouga, but I think there's something else there.

Yeah you are right Romance has never been the main purpose for a character in the Saint Seiya Universe. Ever.
In my opinion I still think Aria is Nike in human form, there is just too many hints since she appeared. But of course I could be wrong.
Old 2012-08-21, 21:49   Link #747
orion

Quote:
Yeah you are right Romance has never been the main purpose for a character in the Saint Seiya Universe. Ever.
In my opinion I still think Aria is Nike in human form, there is just too many hints since she appeared. But of course I could be wrong.
I agree with you on Nike with that pattern on the entrance to her room. And then the Koga comment of inviting her to live with them after all this is over.

But the Athena holding baby Koga and the constant Seiya inference whenever Koga powers up....This could be the start of something new. Athena being a mom for real.
Old 2012-08-21, 22:22   Link #748
Divino

Quote:
I agree with you on Nike with that pattern on the entrance to her room. And then the Koga comment of inviting her to live with them after all this is over.

But the Athena holding baby Koga and the constant Seiya inference whenever Koga powers up....This could be the start of something new. Athena being a mom for real.

For some reason I think the creators are trying to troll us by making us believe that Kouga is Seiya and Saori is son.
Although I really want him to be.
Maybe he is something like Aria, a sacred object in human form.

Aside from this. How do you guys think Eden will end up joining the group? Aria convincing him may be the obvious scenario, but judging by the preview she looks too broken to even talk now that she is back with Mars.

My crazy theory is that Sonia dying by the hands of Mars (or Medea since she is not her real daughter), may drive Eden to finally rebel against him.
Old 2012-08-21, 22:54   Link #749
orion

Quote:
For some reason I think the creators are trying to troll us by making us believe that Kouga is Seiya and Saori is son.
Although I really want him to be.
Maybe he is something like Aria, a sacred object in human form.

Aside from this. How do you guys think Eden will end up joining the group? Aria convincing him may be the obvious scenario, but judging by the preview she looks too broken to even talk now that she is back with Mars.

My crazy theory is that Sonia dying by the hands of Mars (or Medea since she is not her real daughter), may drive Eden to finally rebel against him.
It does seem like Sonia is getting used. She's all scarred with an eye bandaged and her track record hasn't been stellar lately. Something else bad has to happen to her. Might be as a result of Aria getting broken out again.

Aria is pretty much a prisoner with a collar. Hopefully seeing Aria tortured firsthand might change his mind.

But doesn't Aria also have a cloth stone?
Old 2012-08-21, 22:59   Link #750
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
But doesn't Aria also have a cloth stone?
Why would she have one? She's not a Saint.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 23:20   Link #751
shadow1296

i have one big question what ever happened to the sagittarius cloth i know seiya was wearing it when he died during Mars attack when kouga was a baby n beame a cosmo ghost but what happen to it after words
Old 2012-08-21, 23:59   Link #752
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Why would she have one? She's not a Saint.
Then what was that crystal in her possession in ep. 10 at 2:18?
Old 2012-08-22, 14:51   Link #753
Doria

Since everyone here seems to know far, far more about SSO and SS continuity in general, maybe someone can help here...

Eden and Sonia are both children of Mars, but by different mothers. Presumably--if I go by character design--Eden may be the child of Mars and Medea.

Aria has no idea who her parents are, but she happens to look just like Eden and Medea, but there's no confirmation that they're related, nor do any of the children seem to know, either.

Koga... I don't know where Koga as child of Mars would come from. But since we can't really "see" Mars, it's hard to say, except that he does look more like other characters, at least to me.

Is the above more or less accurate? I realize some of it is just guesswork and speculation, but I'm finding the family drama here a little confusing. Maybe some of it is because I don't know the previous incarnations of SS...
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 18:39   Link #754
Divino

Quote:
Then what was that crystal in her possession in ep. 10 at 2:18?
It looks like it was some sort of gift eden gave her or something. Cause he was holding it last episode too, like he knew what it was.

Aria herself doesn't seem too attached to it, since she left it without a second though back in babel, and didn't seem too worried about getting it back.
Old 2012-08-22, 19:05   Link #755
queenSwild

Quote:
It looks like it was some sort of gift eden gave her or something. Cause he was holding it last episode too, like he knew what it was.

Aria herself doesn't seem too attached to it, since she left it without a second though back in babel, and didn't seem too worried about getting it back.
Well.. We don't know for sure if she was attached to it or not. In episode 10, she was in her room staring at it, so I guess it has some meaning to her. She probably didn't mean to leave it in her room. She was unconscious ( because of getting strangled by Mars's powers) when the gold saint took her to the room where Kouga found her. She had no control over that. So basically, I'm guessing that it's important to her, but it's not so important that she'd go back to her room and risk getting captured for. Reason why she hasn't thought about it since then? Well... Because she was having the time of her life.. :P

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-08-22 at 19:21.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 19:16   Link #756
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Well.. We don't know for sure if she was attached to it or not. In episode 10, she was in her room staring at it, so I guess it has some meaning to her. She probably didn't mean to leave it in her room. She was unconscious ( because of getting strangled by Mars's powers) when the gold saint took her to the room where Kouga found her. She had no control over that. So basically, I'm guessing that it's important to her, but it's not so important that she'd go back to her room and risk getting captured for. Reason why she hasn't thought about it since then? Well... Because she was having the time of her life.. :P

I guessing taking it with her or even thinking about it would just remind her about the time she was trapped in babel.
I guess is just wait and see how she reacts to it next episode now that she is back in her prison.
Old 2012-08-22, 20:45   Link #757
7Th
Mixtape

Discussing Kouga/Yuna at this point is... pointless. We will know for sure if the writers want to do it or not in a few days; episode 21 will be the key of their relationship.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 16:59   Link #758
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 21:
Old 2012-08-25, 16:59   Link #759
queenSwild

Just finished watching the raw.

The person who appears is..

Spoiler for "Episode 21 Guest appearance" :

Edit: Ninja'd..

^ I know how you feel. I'm not even going to watch the next episode. I'll just skip to the preview. They really picked the wrong time to have a Haruto background/filler episode. Kouga and Yuna are beginning their Aria rescue mission while Haruto and Ryuuho are playing with ninjas.. And where the heck is Souma? Sonia is healed already, shouldn't you have attacked her before then?

Quote:
I guessing taking it with her or even thinking about it would just remind her about the time she was trapped in babel.
I guess is just wait and see how she reacts to it next episode now that she is back in her prison.
Spoiler:

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-08-25 at 17:26.
queenSwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 19:18   Link #760
Divino

Well it seems they are going to need to rescue 2 people from Mars is castle in Episode 23:

Spoiler for Spoiler Image:

Tags
action, shounen