AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-06-26, 16:36   Link #421
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I remember also one of the descriptions of Shiki is that she was good looking but that just by looking at her face, she could either be a good looking man or woman. Something along those lines.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 16:57   Link #422
Iriliane

For some reason I liked this one a lot less than the first. There was a lot more going on but somehow it all felt underwhelming. Also, a number of the backgrounds, especially in the school, looked like photoshopped photos which was... distracting, for me at least.
Iriliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 17:30   Link #423
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpal83 View Post
It shouldn't be a spoiler. This scene's right after the swordfight, when Shiki's undressing. It means that when she was young, people wouldn't be sure if she was a guy or a girl. But now...

Split personalities can have totally different genders, ages, backgrounds etc. In this case it's like a split personality, but not quite.
Your right in a sense.
SHIKI is Shiki's male personality but nether of them (Shiki or SHIKI) consider SHIKI to be a "he"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xakanis View Post
Wait which scene was that??
Lio has dinner with Mikiya before Mikiya goes back to Shiki's house
Old 2008-06-26, 17:36   Link #424
vorpal83

If that's so, why would SHIKI be unhappy that their body hit puberty?
vorpal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 17:44   Link #425
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
If that's so, why would SHIKI be unhappy that their body hit puberty?
Yeah after looking through Vol 1 again, your right. I forgot about the
"If I were put on some make-up, and pull a scary face, I might be able to look like a guy; but there's nothing that can be done about the body. My body, that grows every day, is sending SHIKI into despair." line.
Old 2008-06-26, 18:03   Link #426
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Ahh generally a nice part again. If you asked me, the blood and gore this time wasn't as bloody as it was in Overlooking View. I was never one to support spraying blood, it always seemed too unrealistic for me.

SHIKI is a male personality and speculate that the masculinity is important for him. Though of course it's Shiki's body.

The beginning could have been executed alittle better though IMO.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 18:22   Link #427
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Split personalities can have totally different genders, ages, backgrounds etc. In this case it's like a split personality, but not quite.
In a way, that's what I meant. With the other personality being masculine, it's only natural that it would prefer to be male.

But with the way you make it sound, it's as if Shiki (the character as a whole) literally has two genders. Or perhaps this is what you actually wanted to say?

Well, with such split personalities, one might as well consider it in that manner, but... Bah. This is starting to get even more confusing than it should be.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 18:58   Link #428
vorpal83

Exactly what I'm implying is that Shiki's body is female, and was born with the primary female personality Shiki, but SHIKI thinks of itself as male, despite living in a female body. eg. a 10 year old girl may have a 40 year old male split personality. But it's kinda different from a real split personality, in that both personalities are fully Shiki, and have existed from the same moment. Cos Mikiya was saying how SHIKI still likes the same things as Shiki.
vorpal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 19:03   Link #429
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

After watching chapter 2 they totally fucked up the led in to chapter 7
Old 2008-06-26, 23:46   Link #430
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
I know this is a farfetched question, but anythone know if any of the fansubbers will come out with an AVI version or will a new fansub come out with one? It'd be fairly convienient...
sasuke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 02:58   Link #431
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
In nasuverse,is there the official rank of attack arranged by nasu?
I wonder how strong Shiki's eyes is compared to five true magic,Arcueid's marblephantasm and Shiki(Satsujinki)'s eyes.
I also want to know what's the best attack in all of Type moon's work.
Taiyakikung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 04:58   Link #432
Tarnan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
I wonder how strong Shiki's eyes is compared to five true magic,Arcueid's marblephantasm and Shiki(Satsujinki)'s eyes.
Ryougi Shiki's eyes are more advanced than Tohno Shiki's ones, but it would be a spoiler for the movies to tell you what differences there are. Further, I don't think you can compare the eyes to the True Magics, how do you want to compare ...
Spoiler for F/SN:

Practically, the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are ... useless. At least for Tohno Shiki, since the use of his eyes is always coupled with headaches, and he also doesn't have the athletic ability to reach his opponent fast enough and cut the lines/stap the point. Ryougi Shiki is another case, if I remember correctly
Spoiler for Rakkyo:
Tarnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 05:50   Link #433
burnout02urza

If it helps, the episodes are not in chronological order. Episode 2 happens before everything else- Then, Episode 3 takes places between 2 & 1. Don't worry too much- It all makes sense in the end...

Sort of.
burnout02urza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 07:40   Link #434
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

I... don't know what to think of that. That was really weird. Well, as long as it makes sense in the end. That's the whole "charm" of Type Moon works, they typically don't make sense until towards the end, and that's if we're lucky.

One objection: the direction was superb, except in the sword fight scene where the director went a little nuts with the shaky camera. Minor complaint. The animation and music, though... Oh man, even if the story ended up sucking, the animation and music would still redeem it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 08:04   Link #435
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Anotherthing
Spoiler for kara no kyoukai:
Taiyakikung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 10:25   Link #436
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

There's no mastermind, it's just a narrator with a menacing voice (I believe), I read through most of the chapters and I don't believe there is a "mastermind", it just happens.

Which chapter was their prologue from again?

I thought that ufotable could have taken liberties in the last line before the credits.

"1995, April. I met her." though in the novel it was the first part, and really it should have been used as the first title screen with the voice-over from Miyaki.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-27, 12:18   Link #437
Brizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
Anotherthing
Spoiler for kara no kyoukai:
That actually is a sort of mastermind. Listen to the voice, and you may recognize Nakata Joji as Nrvnqsr Chaos from Tsukihime and Melty Blod or Kotomine Kirei from Fate/Stay Night.

Spoiler:
Brizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 12:31   Link #438
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Yea, Chaos and the "mastermind" though really he comes out just to intervene in a way, share the same voice actor.

The spoiler is that

Spoiler for Identity Of Voice:

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-27, 21:53   Link #439
Avisch
Reality Blender

Souren is so damn cool. And it is wonderful that they got Nakata to voice him.
Spoiler for Why he is so cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnan View Post
Practically, the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are ... useless. At least for Tohno Shiki, since the use of his eyes is always coupled with headaches, and he also doesn't have the athletic ability to reach his opponent fast enough and cut the lines/stap the point. Ryougi Shiki is another case, if I remember correctly
Spoiler for Rakkyo:
You are right about Ryougi Shiki's eyes being more advanced. But I don't think you're giving Tohno Shiki's atheltic ability enough credit. Nanaya mode?

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 23:08   Link #440
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Nanaya mode is ridiculous. Though I'm not sure which of the two Shiki's are faster when their appropriate modes are activated.

Nanaya mode only activates against non-humans if I remember correctly. If it was Tohno vs Ryougi, Ryougi would easily win, unless Nanaya mode activates against other eyes users too.

Credit To Risa-chan!

Tags
action, harem, type moon