AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-12, 19:40   Link #1321
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I think the worst about WoW for me right now is textures. You basically get a 'good' and 'lol look at the pixels'. No nice inbetween.
Old 2008-11-12, 19:56   Link #1322
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

www.wowhead.com now has the following loaded and confirmed:

- Full Heroic loot tables
- Full 10 and 25 man loot tables
- Full Heroism and Valor loot tables
- Dalaran Vendor loot tables

Interesting things I found - Heroism emblems from Heroics can be used to purchase T7 robes (80 emblems) and gloves (60). They can also be used to buy necks (25), trinkets (40) and belts (40). Also weapons and throwns. Valor badges only drop in Naxxramas and can be used to buy bracers, boots, cloaks and S5 Arena gear for 30 or 45 emblems of Valor.
Old 2008-11-13, 01:11   Link #1323
krisslanza

Talking about Wrath stuff and something came up.

If Wrath says they need 15GB... The game now is only 7GB... So where's the extra 8GB coming from? Since popular opinion seems to be the latest patches already gave you most of the Wrath content - you just can't access it.

This includes the Death Knight class/instance. Which is all worthless since you can't enter it without being said Death Knight, which requires mentioned expansion.
Old 2008-11-13, 01:16   Link #1324
Minorou
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to Minorou Send a message via MSN to Minorou
Installing now. It's good to be on the east coast. So, anyone want to share any stories about getting the game, waiting in line? Mine was quite eventful...

My friends and I go to the mall, and notice there were no cars, whatsoever. The clerk at the Gamestop said that about 300 people preordered; where was everyone? We check the doors, one was open. A guy inside asked us if we worked there; we said no. He told us we were trespassing and shooed us out. Confused, we got back to the car and drove home. Until I thought of the bright idea of calling the store asking about it. Apparently we were supposed to use the back entrance? We drove back (only a 8-minute drive), turned to the back of the mall, and saw, of course, a hundred cars. From there, we got in line, got the expac, and drove happily home. I even spent an extra $15 for a decent Wrath mousepad, since I needed a new one anyway. All in all, a good experience for my first midnight release outing.

Well, the blizzard updater has finished; I'll be off then. See you in Northrend!
Old 2008-11-13, 02:08   Link #1325
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Over 100 Horde are waiting at the exit to the Death Knight area to gank Alliance Death Knights....

See why I have no time of day for Blackrock Horde?
Old 2008-11-13, 02:58   Link #1326
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

If you hate it so much why not try a different PvP server, or a PvE server?

And Ebon Hold is a sanctuary. Alliance DK's could fly from there to anywhere they want to and be completely safe. I wouldn't level in EPL on a DK on a PvP server. I'd go either to felwood, or Winterspring, or Outland, and get 60 then go to Zangamarsh.

The 15 gig I think is temporary, because the game makes a copy of itself when it installs I think. My WoW install is 8.4gig and there is another Bliz folder with 2.7gig of patches in it.
Old 2008-11-13, 03:01   Link #1327
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't hate it. Was just saying it in response to that guy who slammed me for ganking Horde in Ironforge. I like the Alliance on this server. I don't see a reason to switch to Alliance on another server. Mates that play on other servers tell me it's not worth switching.
Old 2008-11-13, 03:03   Link #1328
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I can't imagine how painful it would have been to level my warrior on a pvp serve lol
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 03:47   Link #1329
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Talking about Wrath stuff and something came up.

If Wrath says they need 15GB... The game now is only 7GB... So where's the extra 8GB coming from? Since popular opinion seems to be the latest patches already gave you most of the Wrath content - you just can't access it.

This includes the Death Knight class/instance. Which is all worthless since you can't enter it without being said Death Knight, which requires mentioned expansion.
The total game folder for many beta-players came down to 14,7 something GB. The 15GB is meant for total game size, meaning WoW, BC and Wrath. Not the install of Wrath alone. Blizz should have been more clear on this though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 04:17   Link #1330
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Watched the first boat comein on my server. Got on it but jumped off (no expansion yet for me) Got on the second boat (stormwind) and rode it out. Ended up on one of the older boats under D. Crater south of Lorderon Lake. I jumped off into nothingness just for the hell of it. Then went back to stormwind to log off.

Logged back in on my hunter and finished leveling to 58 and went to Outland and saw some of our first Death Knights.

As of the time I logged off our server has our first 450 skinner and only one Level 71 (Alliance anyway) a paladin.
Old 2008-11-13, 04:39   Link #1331
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Over 100 Horde are waiting at the exit to the Death Knight area to gank Alliance Death Knights....

This reminds me of the Burning Crusade release, where me and a lot of other people from the horde rolled Ally Rogues and camped Hillsbrad to take revenge on all the Ally players who had ganked us for so long there.

I even had a macro for every Blood Elf kill I made.

"Welcome to the Horde."

Good times. :3
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 07:30   Link #1332
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Came back to do one last Sunwell on my hunter alt before the xpac last night. Everything was so easy compared to before that it was almost laughable. Went from four hours to clear four bosses to doing the whole damn thing in 2. I did end up getting 4 pieces of Sunwell gear (could've been 7...) to help level up my hunter to 80 at least. Good bye ret for now.
Old 2008-11-13, 10:24   Link #1333
Komori
D:

Woohoo! Taking the boat to Howling Fjord right now!
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 11:10   Link #1334
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Did a few quests in the tundra and i'm already turned-off. I do not enjoy leveling.. (let alone the fact that everything's overcrowded right now) i really don't. I wish they would find other ways to keep people entertained instead of raising the the leveling cap by 10 everytime. -_-

At least the Death Knight start was really enjoyable.

And how the hell do i reach the Howling Fjord?
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 11:31   Link #1335
Komori
D:

Oh yeah, baby.
Old 2008-11-13, 11:53   Link #1336
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Emerald Dream was saying last night that: "Hellfire will be fun the next few weeks." since all the gankers are going to be crawling over it to gank Death Knights.

I think I'll just hide in Azeroth until 60+ or something. Or come with friends.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:45   Link #1337
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
And how the hell do i reach the Howling Fjord?
Go to Menethil Harbor instead of Stormwind.

Or if you are Horde, use the second tower outside of Undercity.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-11-13 at 12:57.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 13:23   Link #1338
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
After an installation hiccup, I ran to the first mailbox I could find and got my new pet . Frosty is SOO worth it. And he seems to fit with me currently being shadow spec .

Took the boat up and then ran Utgard with my guildies. It was kinda funny when vent was sounding like this:

"So what does this boss do?"

"Well he does this and this and this. He hits hard and can be a pain blah blah."

"Alright. Let's pull."

[after fight]

"Well that was easy..."

Course all the items that dropped got DE'd since we had better gear. Though we still took a bit to look over them and were like 'this isn't that bad.' If any gear would be taken it would be weapons just because they look cool .

Now to try and focus at work until I can go home and play... -_-
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 13:50   Link #1339
Komori
D:

So, doing my second Utgarde Keep run with this group. It's a really simple instance. 3 bosses and all the loot sucks. >.< The exp is good at least. I'm recording how much exp I get exactly this run. It should come out to around 10% of 70.

[13:50:59]Proto-Drake Handler dies, you gain 1302 experience. (+372 group bonus)
[13:51:16]Enslaved Proto-Drake dies, you gain 2604 experience. (+744 group bonus)

About the normal exp from these mobs.

The Dragonflare Runecasters are kinda irritating. They throw up a shield that'll make them (or their target) immune to physical and magic damage. Can be spell stolen, mass dispelled, and devoured from what I've seen so far.

Edit: 108051 exp, 7.1%. We skipped maybe 2 pulls?

Edit 2: Just did The Nexus with my guildies. This place is a ton better than Utgarde Keep. I picked up Wand of Shimmering Scales (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35617) to replace my Carved Witch Doctor's Stick (with +12 damage gem). 4 less spell damage but 21 more haste.

Edit 3: 134161 exp from that without the last boss. Our last boss bugged out on us the second time. ;_; 9.4% Time for the server first Azjol-Nerub!

Edit 4: Dinged 71 on the last boss of Azjol-Nerub. Really really fun instance. Doing Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom now. First boss down and we're not really the recommended level yet.

Last edited by Komori; 2008-11-13 at 17:53.
Old 2008-11-13, 17:40   Link #1340
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Emerald Dream was saying last night that: "Hellfire will be fun the next few weeks." since all the gankers are going to be crawling over it to gank Death Knights.

I think I'll just hide in Azeroth until 60+ or something. Or come with friends.
You could bleed Felwood, Winterspring and Silithus for all they're worth. You may really want the 50 attack power blue trinket that is a reward for the drop quest chain in Winterspring. Starts from Empty Winterfall Flask from furbolgs in Winterspring. If you're going to do Hellfire, I reckon your best bet at present is to find 4 other levellers and just do Ramparts and Blood Furnace over and over and over. Then once you're high enough just redo Slave Pens and Underbog. Anti-DK sentiment will fester for a fair while.

But it's your call. Do what you think is right for yourself. Incidentally - what spec are you going?

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows