AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-30, 01:30   Link #441
tedybearsoka

truthfully an anime i like is (the world god only knows) and its so funny but my sis and a lot of my friends hate it-
im still watching it but its about a guy who made a deal with the devil and now he kind of has to be a playboy because he has to round up lost souls and the only way to do that is to make the person fall in love with him and that's a problem
Old 2012-12-30, 07:04   Link #442
HasuMasu
*Artist

Regarding what's been said about Hidan no Aria, I happen to quite like it myself.

Though I totally understand the criticism, it's well deserved.

Despite that I don't mind it myself.
Old 2012-12-30, 09:52   Link #443
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I recently finished watching OniAi : it's not really hated in my opinion, but the overdone fake incest concept and jokes can be boring, despite not mind them. The same can be said for Wish Upon the Pleaides and Aoi Sekai no Chushin de, which happens to be the underrated jewels for me. I can't seem to find many flaws for the first despite its extremely short and rushed storyline, but the second was heavily accused for its crude and excessive amount of sexual jokes, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it. However, I'm very looking forward to watch more episodes since it hasn't been finished yet.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-30, 10:00   Link #444
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
*raises hand*
This one is really cute. But I prefer the manga because of how flat Miyuu's seiyuu is in the anime....>_> that kinda ruins it for me since she's the main character!
It's funny. Miyuu's voice for the Indonesian dub is one of the most lively and energetic in the anime . I guess that means the Indonesian voice actress has done a great job. Not only her, but other characters are also dubbed splendidly. No wonder one thing that I enjoy the most from UFO Baby is the (Indonesian) voice acting. I never watched UFO Baby in it's original Japanese track though. So, I have no idea about the original voices of the characters :/
Old 2012-12-30, 17:56   Link #445
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Right now, everyone I know that's an anime fan HATES K and I loved it despite the fact that it's pretty flawed
Old 2012-12-31, 00:15   Link #446
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's funny. Miyuu's voice for the Indonesian dub is one of the most lively and energetic in the anime . I guess that means the Indonesian voice actress has done a great job. Not only her, but other characters are also dubbed splendidly. No wonder one thing that I enjoy the most from UFO Baby is the (Indonesian) voice acting.
Buuuuuu that's not fair!! ;A;

Quote:
I never watched UFO Baby in it's original Japanese track though. So, I have no idea about the original voices of the characters :/
You're not missin' much.... :/ Ruu-kun's seiyuu is cute but....meh to the rest.
Old 2012-12-31, 07:50   Link #447
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Right now, everyone I know that's an anime fan HATES K and I loved it despite the fact that it's pretty flawed
I second that. Not everyone hate on K, but I heard it has a horrid plot. Despite that, I greatly enjoyed it though not as much as Psycho-Pass, my favorite of this season. K is known for its amazing visuals with instagram-levels of beautifully colorful effects and the fight scenes are rather well done. I thought that when watching this, the slow-moving plot was great, but after watching more episodes, I realized that most people are hating on it due to not enough plot and too much dropping plot points. Another major flaw I noticed about the anime is the slightly excessive amount of male emphasis (not counting the pseudo-BL) and the character development is extremely rushed. Even with that, I think it was still enjoyable and I'm happy to see it getting a second season, but what I really want is to fix many problems the first season had.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-31, 09:27   Link #448
Chandela
Straight Chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Another major flaw I noticed about the anime is the slightly excessive amount of male emphasis (not counting the pseudo-BL) and the character development is extremely rushed.
An anime with slight "male emphasis" is a flaw....

Quote:
I enjoyed the ride that K took me on. Despite the "flaws" it had I was decently entertained by the series. Yashiro was the only character who slightly bothered me and that was more so in the beginning of the series. Towards the end even he grew on me a little bit, despite his overly calm nature given the situation he was in. I can stand firm when I say I look forward to the second season, regardless of what some of the fandom might say.
Old 2012-12-31, 09:53   Link #449
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
An anime with slight "male emphasis" is a flaw....
And an anime with a slight bias towards female interactions is a flaw? Not on my watch.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-12-31, 10:16   Link #450
Chandela
Straight Chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
And an anime with a slight bias towards female interactions is a flaw? Not on my watch.
Oh my, never.
Old 2012-12-31, 12:31   Link #451
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
As for someone who actually dislike K, let me say this. It wasn't made for someone like me in first place. Yes it's true it also try attract male viewers as well as female ones but at the end the female ones that served best. You know, if you chase two rabbits and you'll lose them both but in K's situation, it decided to chase at least one of them let another go.

However my real issue with K is not lack of decent female characters, too many male ones and plot but rather how Animax-Asia fooled its subscribers, including myself into thinking they going to show a shounen action show but in reality it isn't. It just a reverse harem show without the reverse harem. I just found the Code Breaker( a comparable show) is many times more male-friendly than K despite authored by a woman. Maybe Code Breaker lack of "reverse harem" feel.
Old 2012-12-31, 12:55   Link #452
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
K's pseudo-BL is basically two scenes. Unfortunately, both scenes occurred early (at least one in the very first episode) and that scared off some people by giving a wrong early impression.

Really, there's no significant BL to speak of in K.

I'm not sure if I'd say that I love K, but I thought it was pretty good.
Old 2012-12-31, 14:59   Link #453
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’ve followed and quite enjoyed K. Even so, IMO the series has one fatal flaw (no, not the BL vibe). That flaw is the series goes full throttle without explaining some “rules” of its universe and keep doing so with some occasional stops for flashbacks. If I want to make an analogy, it would be like watching Bleach but goes directly into Soul Society Arc where new characters popping out, conflict ensues, and different powers are shown with audience not knowing where all these come from until it’s to late for them to care. Patient audience like me may still enjoy this series, but many are obviously turned off by it. That’s why many people label this series as “style over substance”.
Old 2012-12-31, 15:43   Link #454
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Time to rattle some sabres: while Endless Eight in The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi isn't an anime per se, it is infamous for being one of the most controversial decisions in the anime community. Having watched it, I conclude that it is amusing to watch for all of the minor differences in the subtle background elements over the course of eight episodes. I also get to laugh about it because I watched Endless Eight long after it ended and thus, knew what to expect in full
Old 2012-12-31, 17:35   Link #455
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
As for someone who actually dislike K, let me say this. It wasn't made for someone like me in first place. Yes it's true it also try attract male viewers as well as female ones but at the end the female ones that served best. You know, if you chase two rabbits and you'll lose them both but in K's situation, it decided to chase at least one of them let another go.

However my real issue with K is not lack of decent female characters, too many male ones and plot but rather how Animax-Asia fooled its subscribers, including myself into thinking they going to show a shounen action show but in reality it isn't. It just a reverse harem show without the reverse harem. I just found the Code Breaker( a comparable show) is many times more male-friendly than K despite authored by a woman. Maybe Code Breaker lack of "reverse harem" feel.
I didn't mean any disrespect. Like I said, I'm a K fan, but seriously? The show was badly written and screamed 'LOOK AT ALL THE TROPES WE"LL DO TO ATTRACT FANS' It's dumb as hell, but I've seen much, much worse...and I'm looking forward to season two..and its intitial dvd release from Viz, though Viz will probaly put it out like, five years from now...

I tried Code Breaker but couldn't get into it after two episodes because the characters were just 'ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH'

I also love Space Brothers, but not too many people like that one it seems.
Old 2013-01-01, 01:11   Link #456
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
The show was badly written and screamed 'LOOK AT ALL THE TROPES WE"LL DO TO ATTRACT FANS' It's dumb as hell, but I've seen much, much worse...
Explain further.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-01, 10:11   Link #457
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I’ve followed and quite enjoyed K. Even so, IMO the series has one fatal flaw (no, not the BL vibe). That flaw is the series goes full throttle without explaining some “rules” of its universe and keep doing so with some occasional stops for flashbacks. If I want to make an analogy, it would be like watching Bleach but goes directly into Soul Society Arc where new characters popping out, conflict ensues, and different powers are shown with audience not knowing where all these come from until it’s to late for them to care. Patient audience like me may still enjoy this series, but many are obviously turned off by it. That’s why many people label this series as “style over substance”.
Yeah, I get your point and that's a good analogy.
Old 2013-01-02, 18:09   Link #458
kitten320

Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox - despite its flaws I loved it. I had good comedy and some of the best soundtracks.

I really don't understand why so many hate it considering how many crappy fanservice shows are loved =/
Old 2013-01-02, 22:47   Link #459
Fuyuno
Banned

Muv-Luv: Total Eclipse

Yes its true the CGI sucks but it was the show's concept, a good combination of sci-fi and violence, much like James Cameron's Aliens. I just can't understand why the guro fans hate this show but they can enjoy Mirai Nikki, Another and Higurashi series except they hate sci-fi.
Old 2013-01-02, 23:50   Link #460
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Love isn't the right word for Sword Art Online although I am adoring it a lot more than I should be. It has major world-building and pacing issues but it's offset by an awesome musical score and fight scenes. I've also got a soft spot for Kirito and Asuna.
GANBARIMASU
Closed Thread