AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-20, 08:31   Link #481
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Although, hasn't it been established that this genki appearance is just a mask? What was her reason for putting it on?
When did that happen? That's just her normal personality, I think...

Old 2009-02-20, 08:42   Link #482
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Well, during the summer vacation and afterward, whenever she's with Ryuuji she's gotten a little bit comfortable and she notices the change herself like saying how she has been speaking normally. But I'm not too sure either and would like a clarification.
Old 2009-02-20, 08:44   Link #483
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
What got me curious rather was why at the start, aside from Kitamura (because their parents were friends so they have long known each other) and Taiga (because she doesn't give a sh*t about his reputation), Minori could approach Ryuuji and not get intimidated or frightened. Was it because she's just sunshiny and nice with everyone?
Actually I think Minori is established to be very perceptive. Thats why she could see that Taiga's dad was a douche despite his smile.

Also I think part of the reason why Ryuuji crushed on Minori was because being perceptive she saw what a nice guy he was and never acted intimated by him. She treated him normally. Though I dont think she had any stronger attraction to him in freshmen year other than classmate/friend because at the first rumors of him and Taiga together she never felt threatened or awkward in anyway. Very different to recent eps indicating very strongly that she indeed fall for Ryuuji as well.
Old 2009-02-20, 10:30   Link #484
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Actually I think Minori is established to be very perceptive. Thats why she could see that Taiga's dad was a douche despite his smile.
She didn't. She got dooped the same as Ryuuji and didn't save the day.
Old 2009-02-20, 10:34   Link #485
wistfulloner

Quote:

Also I think part of the reason why Ryuuji crushed on Minori was because being perceptive she saw what a nice guy he was and never acted intimated by him. She treated him normally. Though I dont think she had any stronger attraction to him in freshmen year other than classmate/friend because at the first rumors of him and Taiga together she never felt threatened or awkward in anyway. Very different to recent eps indicating very strongly that she indeed fall for Ryuuji as well.
Yes, Minori is perceptive, but that are incorrect evidence. If you're talking about during Ep11-13, Minori knew Taiga's dad is an ass plugger because the same incident happened to her before. If you're already referring to that incident, Minori was actually tricked by the same tactic used by dad, and overall she didn't see "right through" him.
Old 2009-02-20, 11:22   Link #486
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Fine, fine wrong example.

Still Minori's perceptiveness seems like part of the reason why Ryuuji liked her.
Old 2009-02-20, 11:50   Link #487
roan

Quote:
Fine, fine wrong example.

Still Minori's perceptiveness seems like part of the reason why Ryuuji liked her.
No. He likes her, same as Taiga, because of her bubbly personality.
Old 2009-02-21, 00:15   Link #488
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Well, during the summer vacation and afterward, whenever she's with Ryuuji she's gotten a little bit comfortable and she notices the change herself like saying how she has been speaking normally. But I'm not too sure either and would like a clarification.
Nope, Minori's upbeat and cheery side is her real personality. Emorin is just a period of confusion she went through.
Old 2009-02-21, 00:40   Link #489
Raiga
tl;dr

I don't think you can really pinpoint that in a certain situation someone is displaying their "real personality." It's just the same personality reacting differently to different situations (and as a result different aspects of the personality might be showing).
Old 2009-02-21, 04:02   Link #490
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Actually, I remember the whole "speaking normally" bit. Got me curious, now...

Old 2009-02-21, 10:25   Link #491
Fran~
floating away...

Ryuuji started loves Minori because of her personality, so cheerful and energetic... she was light, speaking with everyone... he was in the shadows everybody was affraid of him. Ryuuji even didn't know Taiga at all.
Old 2009-02-22, 19:27   Link #492
9taileddemon

Hey, does anyone know what the song/music is called that plays in the background when Taiga runs after Ryuuji? I love that music and keep rewatching that segment since that is the only place I have noticed the music before, but I am starting to feel evil since it requires me to also listen to Taiga crying her eyes out over and over.

So does anyone know what is called so I can look for it?
Old 2009-02-22, 19:55   Link #493
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Hey, does anyone know what the song/music is called that plays in the background when Taiga runs after Ryuuji? I love that music and keep rewatching that segment since that is the only place I have noticed the music before, but I am starting to feel evil since it requires me to also listen to Taiga crying her eyes out over and over.

So does anyone know what is called so I can look for it?
That piece is called "Lost My Pieces" and has actually been used for several scenes. You'll find it in the end of episodes 2 (17:26), 8 (19:47), 16 (19:26) and 19 (18:49). You'll also find the piano version in episodes 11 (20:47) and 15 (14:27).

I love it too since it's, at least according to me, the strongest piece on the original soundtrack. From the moment I finished reading volume 7 I wished that they would use "Lost My Pieces" for that scene, and to be honest... it would've been quite surprising if they had decided not to. =)

Last edited by Meatrose; 2009-02-22 at 20:20.
Old 2009-02-22, 21:14   Link #494
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
That piece is called "Lost My Pieces" and has actually been used for several scenes. You'll find it in the end of episodes 2 (17:26), 8 (19:47), 16 (19:26) and 19 (18:49). You'll also find the piano version in episodes 11 (20:47) and 15 (14:27).

I love it too since it's, at least according to me, the strongest piece on the original soundtrack. From the moment I finished reading volume 7 I wished that they would use "Lost My Pieces" for that scene, and to be honest... it would've been quite surprising if they had decided not to. =)
Ah. Thank you. Now that I think about it I remember hearing it during those times as well. 19's moment just happened to be really strong. Especially since the first swell appears at the same time as when Taiga smashes her way out of her room and starts to chase Ryuuji.

And yeah, if it wasn't for that music I think the whole moment would have lost a lot of its power and passion.
Old 2009-02-22, 21:19   Link #495
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
And yeah, if it wasn't for that music I think the whole moment would have lost a lot of its power and passion.
Agreed. IMO the music is one of the most important aspects of setting the mood of a scene, if not the most important. Sure the visuals and acting play a huge role in it as well, but the music can really make or break the emotional impact of a scene.
Old 2009-02-23, 06:00   Link #496
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Agreed. IMO the music is one of the most important aspects of setting the mood of a scene, if not the most important. Sure the visuals and acting play a huge role in it as well, but the music can really make or break the emotional impact of a scene.
If you notice, "Lost my Pieces" as a track by itself loses a large portion of its impact very quickly. In the OST, each of the tracks just don't have that "oomph" they had in the anime. If you ask me, audio, animation and characters are all equally important in fleshing out an emotional scene. You take one out, the rest are meaningless.
Old 2009-02-23, 06:55   Link #497
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
If you notice, "Lost my Pieces" as a track by itself loses a large portion of its impact very quickly. In the OST, each of the tracks just don't have that "oomph" they had in the anime. If you ask me, audio, animation and characters are all equally important in fleshing out an emotional scene. You take one out, the rest are meaningless.
I dunno, "Tiger vs Dragon" and "Tears of Dragon" are pretty good by themselves. "Start Up!" as well.
Old 2009-02-23, 14:15   Link #498
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its a common problem with OST BGM music - its meant to augment a scene and often doesn't stand alone fantastically. I consider an OST a smashing success if I like more than 5 or 6 of the tracks (meaning I listen to them more than once). To me, listenable means I like the track without any reference to the thematic situations it was attached to.
I think the highest ratio I ever achieved for an anime series was "Petopetosan" which had probably 10 or more tracks that were listenable without knowing a thing about the series.
Old 2009-02-23, 15:35   Link #499
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its a common problem with OST BGM music - its meant to augment a scene and often doesn't stand alone fantastically. I consider an OST a smashing success if I like more than 5 or 6 of the tracks (meaning I listen to them more than once). To me, listenable means I like the track without any reference to the thematic situations it was attached to.
I think the highest ratio I ever achieved for an anime series was "Petopetosan" which had probably 10 or more tracks that were listenable without knowing a thing about the series.

That's right cause they aren't made for listening to alone and they must be equal with the personal feelings of the character speaking or the something that's happening
Old 2009-02-24, 18:48   Link #500
typhonsentra

I personally prefer the tracks to merely compliment the scene they're used in which Lost My Pieces does beautifully. Then again I don't think I listen to show music outside of opening/closing themes. I will say I've watched Taiga's running/breakdown scene over a dozen times now and I've really come to appreciate how perfect this particular song and how it's used by the director here.
Closed Thread