AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-05, 13:44   Link #41
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurrycase View Post
if u like Ouran High School then u muz definitely go for Special A...it reminds me a lot of Ouran...a good one if u r into that kind of anime...school,romance and comedy..
She did already saw both I think
But both are a good tip for others
Old 2008-12-05, 14:30   Link #42
Miki7
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The shoujo ♥

Send a message via MSN to Miki7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
She did already saw both I think
But both are a good tip for others
ouran high school hos club was funny...but I think it's a bit gay
Old 2008-12-05, 15:11   Link #43
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki7 View Post
ouran high school hos club was funny...but I think it's a bit gay
Ah yeah Miki likes girl on girl more , I did forget that.

And Ouram High School Club was not gay at all, it is pretty cool show
Old 2008-12-05, 23:28   Link #44
MamoruUsagi

Fushigi Yuugi is a great manga, the manga shows the couple engaged and in a deep, passionate, committed relationship with lots of making out and a beautiful sex scene and the relationship is so much better in the manga.

Fushigi Yugi is an amazing romance manga. The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship. The couple is engaged in the manga and have lots of kissing scenes and making out in bed scenes and very romantic sex scenes.

Ayashi no Ceres the manga is an amazing romance, there is more making out, lots of kissing, lots of sex and a deep, committed, epic relationship. The show cuts all this out and in the manga the couple is dating for much longer.

Ceres Celestial Legend is an amazing romance manga. The couple has lots of scenes where they are making out in hotel rooms and kissing in bed and having sex. The main character gets pregnant with the main character's boyfriend's child.

Bokura ga Ita The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the beginning of the series.

Mars A realistic and passionate romance manga. The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a committed relationship. There is lots of kissing, the couple moves in together, the couple lives together, the couple has sex, the couple has lots of kissing scenes, the couple has lots of making out scenes, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating the entire series and get engaged.

Kare First Love The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend the entire series, there are hundreds of kissing scenes, lots of making out, some sex scenes, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating the entire series.

The Devil Does Exist The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship during the series. Realistic romance.

Paradise Kiss The couple is dating and in a relationship.

Akuma De Sourou Realistic romance manga.

Happy Hustle High The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating the entire series without breaking up. Lots of kissing and some sex.

Sailor Moon The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and they become husband and wife, they get married, they have a child, they become king and queen of the earth, lots of kissing, the couple meets their future child, epic romance.

High School Debut The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating during the series.

Fushigi Yugi The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship. The couple is engaged in the manga and has lots of kissing scenes, lots of making out in bed scenes, romantic sex scenes and a deep, passionate, epic relationship. The manga is amazing.

Ultra Cute The couple is dating.

Kare Kano The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and in a relationship and dting the entire series.

Absolute Boyfriend The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend the entire series, lots of kissing, some sex.

Fushigi Yuugi The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship, lots of kissing scenes, the couple is engaged in the manga, lots of making out in bed scenes, a passionate and epix romance, the couple has a child.

Ayashi no Ceres The couple is in a mature sexual relationship, lots of making out in hotel rooms and kissing in bed and sex scenes.

Peach Girl The main character has two boyriends and dates them both on and off.

are amazing romance series, most of these are manga.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2009-01-19 at 10:34.
Old 2008-12-09, 08:26   Link #45
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I can't belive most of the people here didn't post SHUFFLE!, that had to be one of the best romance animes ;_;
Old 2008-12-09, 10:07   Link #46
Miki7
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The shoujo ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
Ah yeah Miki likes girl on girl more , I did forget that.

And Ouram High School Club was not gay at all, it is pretty cool show
well the brother are strange on ouran º_º
Old 2008-12-09, 10:28   Link #47
Tri-ring

Although it had it's flaws, I recommend Emma, Victorian Romance
Old 2008-12-10, 14:11   Link #48
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I can't belive most of the people here didn't post SHUFFLE!, that had to be one of the best romance animes ;_;
Um, the topic-starter said "I don't like ecchi stuff", and Shuffle was pretty much nothing but fanservice until episode 12...
Old 2008-12-11, 15:03   Link #49
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Um, the topic-starter said "I don't like ecchi stuff", and Shuffle was pretty much nothing but fanservice until episode 12...
But it is really not ecchi at all and I should know that sicne I love ecchi animes
So you can put Shuffel in the romance section.
Old 2008-12-12, 01:49   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

However, if I got it correctly the OP is female....
Shuffle! is pretty much straight up a series for males as it directly derives from a boy's eroge game (date-sim "choose the girl") and basically goes down each route to some point.
She *might* like it but based on her comments so far --- not the sort of "romance" series she'd be interested in.

Shuffle! is also one of the few series to be rated "R" on japanese television (mostly for the nudity, violence, and aggressive come-hither).

Series based on ero-games but where the director has taken a different approach (e.g. Canvas 2, Lamune, KKPR, etc) might be better recommendations, methinks.
Miki7 may contradict me if she likes in which case I'll defer.
Old 2008-12-12, 02:14   Link #51
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

My favourite romance shows tend towards the dramatic end of the spectrum. I think there's something about watching a relationship between two characters go through so much that makes that relationship really meaningful for me.

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu: Six episode quick watch. Starts cute before getting very intense around the halfway mark. However, the characters remain very, very human throughout. It does have a couple ecchi scenes, but they're brief.

EF: A Tale of Memories: One half of this story is a fairly stereotypical love triangle, while the other is more interesting, involving a guy dating a girl whose short term memory was damaged in an accident, preventing her from remembering things longer than 13 hours unless she's reminded about it. What really sets this one above the pack, however, is it's experimental animation style, which takes some getting used to but gives you a much closer look at the character's feelings than you usually get in a animated format.

The sequel (EF: A Tale of Melodies) uses a different set of characters but a similar style. However, I should warn that the second season is a lot darker and can be almost harrowing to watch at times.

True Tears: Not a lot to say about this one other than it's a stunningly beautiful show.

All three are technically aimed at guys, but the girlfriend of one of my anime buddies tends to like romance stuff and liked both EF and True Tears, so I think I have some basis for saying there's some cross-gender appeal.

On a light note, I'll second Toradora and Nodame Cantabile, which I've seen mentioned earlier.

And of course, if you're open to suggestions of series that have a romantic element rather than a romantic focus, you've got a ton of options - more than I care to try and list for the moment.
Old 2008-12-12, 09:14   Link #52
Miki7
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The shoujo ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
However, if I got it correctly the OP is female....
Shuffle! is pretty much straight up a series for males as it directly derives from a boy's eroge game (date-sim "choose the girl") and basically goes down each route to some point.
She *might* like it but based on her comments so far --- not the sort of "romance" series she'd be interested in.

Shuffle! is also one of the few series to be rated "R" on japanese television (mostly for the nudity, violence, and aggressive come-hither).

Series based on ero-games but where the director has taken a different approach (e.g. Canvas 2, Lamune, KKPR, etc) might be better recommendations, methinks.
Miki7 may contradict me if she likes in which case I'll defer.
I'm seeing canvas 2 and I until now think that's a different kind of romance... when you go to wikipedia it's funny they say that's harem( a lot of girls and almost just one boy). I don't know if I'll like SHUFLLE, it's a question of trying ... But it has sex scenes a lot explicites?
Old 2008-12-12, 09:16   Link #53
Miki7
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The shoujo ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
My favourite romance shows tend towards the dramatic end of the spectrum. I think there's something about watching a relationship between two characters go through so much that makes that relationship really meaningful for me.

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu: Six episode quick watch. Starts cute before getting very intense around the halfway mark. However, the characters remain very, very human throughout. It does have a couple ecchi scenes, but they're brief.

EF: A Tale of Memories: One half of this story is a fairly stereotypical love triangle, while the other is more interesting, involving a guy dating a girl whose short term memory was damaged in an accident, preventing her from remembering things longer than 13 hours unless she's reminded about it. What really sets this one above the pack, however, is it's experimental animation style, which takes some getting used to but gives you a much closer look at the character's feelings than you usually get in a animated format.

The sequel (EF: A Tale of Melodies) uses a different set of characters but a similar style. However, I should warn that the second season is a lot darker and can be almost harrowing to watch at times.

True Tears: Not a lot to say about this one other than it's a stunningly beautiful show.

All three are technically aimed at guys, but the girlfriend of one of my anime buddies tends to like romance stuff and liked both EF and True Tears, so I think I have some basis for saying there's some cross-gender appeal.

On a light note, I'll second Toradora and Nodame Cantabile, which I've seen mentioned earlier.

And of course, if you're open to suggestions of series that have a romantic element rather than a romantic focus, you've got a ton of options - more than I care to try and list for the moment.
When I went to see the infromation about "True Tears" it has incest...I'm not judging because I saw "I love my little sister" and I liked it...it's similar true tears to I love my little sister or you didn't see it? thought it's an OVA anime
Old 2008-12-12, 13:15   Link #54
Theowne
耳をすませば

I don't want to spoil the series, so I'll just say that you don't really have to worry about "incest"....

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2008-12-12, 13:41   Link #55
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Based purely on the synopsis of "I Love my Little Sister", True Tears' incest element is very different. It's more a matter of whether or not certain people had an affair about 16 years before the show starts. I'm not going to spoil anything beyond that.
Old 2008-12-12, 14:42   Link #56
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Saikano
Ef- a tale of Memories
Old 2008-12-12, 19:46   Link #57
tlv

Zero No Tsukaima - Just finished, very funny and romance between: Louise & Saito
Old 2008-12-16, 09:58   Link #58
Miki7
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The shoujo ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Based purely on the synopsis of "I Love my Little Sister", True Tears' incest element is very different. It's more a matter of whether or not certain people had an affair about 16 years before the show starts. I'm not going to spoil anything beyond that.
ok thanks, I think that way it's better
Old 2008-12-16, 10:46   Link #59
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Unless i had missed it, i haven't seen Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora mentioned yet in this thread. It might be an ultimately bittersweet show, but the short 6 episodes it spans are very much worth it. A touching (and sometimes heartwarming) romance/drama in hospital setting. This remains as one of my favorite shows up to this day.

I would also second the aforementioned Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. Just like the above title this one spans only 6 episodes, but it manages to tell a touching story of two people facing the insurmountable odds of fate their specific situation brings forth. It is very much a drama title, but well worth watching.

Fruits Basket is something i believe you would find enjoyable. The series does contain less actual romance than you are probably looking for, but the implications and relationships are there, along with an interesting set of characters and plot to string things along.

Another title i have yet to see mentioned is Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~. (Don't believe the 'harem' label on it - whomever labeled the series must not have actually watched it and just used the admittedly misleading image as a reference). Basically a love triangle (but not quite) comedy/drama with a wee bit touch of fantasy to the setting. Features what i consider to be one of the more likable male leads out there, who also happens to know which of the two girls he likes from the start and actually acts upon it, which is something we get to see once in a blue moon

I see Sola on your 'to-watch' list as well, which gets my nod of approval - the series got a bit weird towards the end, but it was an ultimately fulfilling tale of romance and drama (mixed up with some fantasy elements) and featured some quite enjoyable interactions between the male and female leads.

ef - a tale of memories is a good choice as well. The story tells two separate tales of relationships at once, and the highly stylized and (sometimes overly) artistic visualization of the show might take some getting used to, but chances are you would like it by the end (there is a currently ongoing second season ef - a tale of melodies, but, in my opinion, it falls somewhat short of being as highly acclaimed as the first season was ... you may still end up liking it, so consider it if you end up watching and liking the first one).
Old 2008-12-18, 14:09   Link #60
Miki7
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The shoujo ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Unless i had missed it, i haven't seen Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora mentioned yet in this thread. It might be an ultimately bittersweet show, but the short 6 episodes it spans are very much worth it. A touching (and sometimes heartwarming) romance/drama in hospital setting. This remains as one of my favorite shows up to this day.

I would also second the aforementioned Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. Just like the above title this one spans only 6 episodes, but it manages to tell a touching story of two people facing the insurmountable odds of fate their specific situation brings forth. It is very much a drama title, but well worth watching.

Fruits Basket is something i believe you would find enjoyable. The series does contain less actual romance than you are probably looking for, but the implications and relationships are there, along with an interesting set of characters and plot to string things along.

Another title i have yet to see mentioned is Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~. (Don't believe the 'harem' label on it - whomever labeled the series must not have actually watched it and just used the admittedly misleading image as a reference). Basically a love triangle (but not quite) comedy/drama with a wee bit touch of fantasy to the setting. Features what i consider to be one of the more likable male leads out there, who also happens to know which of the two girls he likes from the start and actually acts upon it, which is something we get to see once in a blue moon

I see Sola on your 'to-watch' list as well, which gets my nod of approval - the series got a bit weird towards the end, but it was an ultimately fulfilling tale of romance and drama (mixed up with some fantasy elements) and featured some quite enjoyable interactions between the male and female leads.

ef - a tale of memories is a good choice as well. The story tells two separate tales of relationships at once, and the highly stylized and (sometimes overly) artistic visualization of the show might take some getting used to, but chances are you would like it by the end (there is a currently ongoing second season ef - a tale of melodies, but, in my opinion, it falls somewhat short of being as highly acclaimed as the first season was ... you may still end up liking it, so consider it if you end up watching and liking the first one).
oh thank you very much
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, school life, seinen, shoujo, shounen