AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-13, 02:42   Link #1021
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
Avan grew on me. Even with that odious laugh.
As for Anisette,

Spoiler for minor Anisette story spoiler:

I don't mind her voice, though, and her tsun moments are often HNNNG/laugh/both-worthy. She's high on my list of favorite characters. Can't beat the Darcsens, though, can't beat the Darcsens.
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 02:51   Link #1022
DC20

As far as characters go, there were only three I really liked - Reiner, Helmut, and Franca. Franca definitely comes in at third, but I have a hard time choosing between Reiner and Helmut for who's number one, so they switch back and forth.

Sofia had potential until her final classmate scene, which is just absolutely terrible and horribly offensive. Disregarding that scene (and a few other glaring moments, if I remember right), I'll give her fourth.

Most of the other characters I didn't find particularly interesting.

Ramona is still my favorite character in the VC series.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 03:24   Link #1023
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
As far as characters go, there were only three I really liked - Reiner, Helmut, and Franca. Franca definitely comes in at third, but I have a hard time choosing between Reiner and Helmut for who's number one, so they switch back and forth.

Sofia had potential until her final classmate scene, which is just absolutely terrible and horribly offensive. Disregarding that scene (and a few other glaring moments, if I remember right), I'll give her fourth.

Most of the other characters I didn't find particularly interesting.

Ramona is still my favorite character in the VC series.
Spoiler for Sophia:
And wait, you didn't find Alexis interesting? She's got such nice similarities to Marina...
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 03:32   Link #1024
DC20

I don't find Marina interesting either, to be honest, at least in her game incarnation.

As for Sophia

Spoiler for Sophia:
Old 2011-03-13, 19:39   Link #1025
Snowman24

Man... now I wish characters from VC1 actually became teachers at Lanseal academy after the war!!

How awesome it would be to have Jane Turner in the same room with Helmut! I can only imagine the GLARES she'd give him :P Her love of killing Imperials and poor helmut being one.

Or Marion and Salinas dicussing their love of tanks :P I think they'd get along JUST fine :P Haha, how about Wendy Cheslock and Melissa Dalen sitting across from eachother at a table and exchanging snickers and chuckles and that being their only form of communication :P

Who else would get along with who?
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 00:35   Link #1026
Runty

Quote:
I don't find Marina interesting either, to be honest, at least in her game incarnation.

As for Sophia

Spoiler for Sophia:
Touche. Well, I have an idea on how that scene could be altered too, one I think you might enjoy.
Spoiler for Mod:
This is just a rough idea. Tell me what you think.
Old 2011-03-14, 04:18   Link #1027
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

As for Sophia

Spoiler for Sophia:
Er, I think you mis-interpret that.

Spoiler for my take:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
You needn't worry about that, Snowman. Marion eventually loses that potential and it gets replaced with a good one.

And yeah, Avan irks a lot of players. I think as fanfic writers, we owe it to the players to... adjust his character for the better. Maybe make him a bit less of a hot-blooded moron and maybe portray him as more reckless (instead of plain stupid).
I played the "undub" version. Yoshino Hiroyuki was good as Avan, that is all. As for his stupidity, well...

Spoiler for involvement in VC3:

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2011-03-14 at 04:30.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 05:19   Link #1028
DC20

I disagree with that interpretation of Sophia's ending:

Spoiler for Sophia:

Last edited by DC20; 2011-03-14 at 12:23.
Old 2011-03-14, 05:40   Link #1029
Owlette

DC20 - I agreed with you about Sofia. I found it is pretty poor taste in my opinion.

Spoiler for Rely:

I don't know what good idea is for Sofia but it'll be more interesting to read something like that.
Owlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 06:02   Link #1030
Owlette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
How awesome it would be to have Jane Turner in the same room with Helmut! I can only imagine the GLARES she'd give him :P Her love of killing Imperials and poor helmut being one.
LOL, good one! I would love to read that! It sort of reminds me of something.

Spoiler for After I completed Helmut's story mission...:

Yeah, don't mind me. I'm naughty. I like to pick on Helmut 'cause he's my favorite one. :P

PS - I know this post took a while to be posted because I edited my grammar a few times... ^^;
Old 2011-03-14, 20:12   Link #1031
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I disagree with that interpretation of Sophia's ending:

Spoiler for Sophia:
Ok, I was going more towards extrapolating from Avan's usual behaviour, but yeah. Still, that potential change wasn't really the best one I've seen. Coleen needs to do her personal mission asap.

Avan does stupid things, and he says stupid things. But, I always believed that he starts out with the best intentions, and at least he doesn't let others corrupt that will into something else, which is what I cannot say for Leon and others throughout the VC timeline.
Old 2011-03-14, 21:38   Link #1032
Owlette

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I just wished that VC2 had VC3's leveling system for classes and 3 having 2's system of tech levels. Really, figuring out which missions to do to increase your tech level is not funny.
Yeah, I don't know why it have random drops in VC2... it's sooo annoying but I think I know why. I will show you my theory.

Spoiler for The Credits System:

Thoughts, anybody?

EDIT: I realize it may be off-topic for the another thread so I moved my post to here.
Old 2011-03-14, 21:44   Link #1033
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's not just the credits. Even the materials required for crafting are quite random even though the types of materials found in each map type are rather easy to figure out.
Old 2011-03-14, 22:23   Link #1034
Owlette

True, that. I forget about materials. It would be nice if there is a hack or mod for VC2 so it will be easier a bit. :P

Oh well...
Old 2011-04-12, 18:26   Link #1035
Snowman24

Cosette question:
Spoiler for ???:
Old 2011-04-12, 21:32   Link #1036
Runty

Quote:
Cosette question:
Spoiler for ???:
I'd guess all the time. After all, remember two scenes: first, when Aliasse kicks the soccer ball into Avan's face, she can't initially tell there's blood on it. Second, when Avan comes to her room and sees that it's... completely outrageous in terms of color. Those are good hints.
Old 2011-04-12, 23:30   Link #1037
WordShaker

Quote:
Cosette question:
Spoiler for ???:
Spoiler for (Minor October spoiler) Don't worry:
Old 2011-04-23, 03:29   Link #1038
Snowman24

So... when does Aliasse get to join your team?

I'm all the way to August *just started* and I've spent alot of time leveling people up... kind of annoying really... that and the way you have to level people up to higher levels *Armoured tech - Fencer - Elite Fencer or Mauler* IS ANNOYING!!! AW MAN I hate it so much!!

Wasn't like VC1 where everyone automatically got awesome weapons once they reached a certain point. This far in and I've still got people in their starting classes and not yet Vets :*(

-Some other thoughts so far; Anisette, your voice is growing on me!! I thought it was worse than Edy and hurt my ears... now... it's adorable! Oh and Avan... I still hate you! And your laugh that irks me SO bad even still!! BAH!

Marion, I can now love you fully and with all my heart!!
Spoiler for because...:
Old 2011-04-23, 06:26   Link #1039
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I'm all the way to August *just started* and I've spent alot of time leveling people up... kind of annoying really... that and the way you have to level people up to higher levels *Armoured tech - Fencer - Elite Fencer or Mauler* IS ANNOYING!!! AW MAN I hate it so much!!
Without spoiling you I'll just say that you'll be happy when you finish the next couple of key mission
Old 2011-04-23, 07:33   Link #1040
WordShaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Without spoiling you I'll just say that you'll be happy when you finish the next couple of key mission
Hmm, I think it's that month's key mission, actually! So yes, Snowman, you will be very happy.

Spoiler for A comment on the upcoming mission.: